logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2016 13:51:37(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artist: Deneil
Title: E2
Length: 41:45
Genres: Grime, Electro-Grime, Eskibeat, British Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Rap, Dance, Drum & Bass
Writers: D.Khan, L.Striker, D.Westbrook
Producer: Deneil
Label: Independent
Released: TBC
Singles: "Step It Up" [#1]

E2 is the debut studio album from English Grime MC and producer, Deneil Khan, professionally knows as simply Deneil. Although signed to Five Pesky Kids (the label his elder brother co-owns) as a producer and songwriter for other artists, Deneil releases his own music independently. A release date has not been confirmed but the album is now available to pre-order on iTunes and via Deneil's official website. It has been revealed that physical copies of the standard and deluxe albums will only be available in the UK until further notice. Digital copies of the standard and deluxe albums will be available worldwide, however. The title E2 comes from the first characters of Hackney's postcode, the area in which he grew up in.

Deneil became well known around areas of London from as young as 14 due to his eagerness to see rap battles between formidable crews and even take part despite being underage at the venues. He generated a little buzz by freestyling at local events. Deneil has always been clever with his words and didn't beat around the bush when it came to getting something off his chest. Growing up listening to Grime and Bashment music, two VERY popular home grown genres, doing double time on verses came as second nature to him and studying the genre as intensely as Deneil did, he certainly knew a good beat when he heard one. He performed at underground raves, illegally, of course and started making waves around Shoreditch. A well turned out mixed race schoolboy absolutely destroying and humiliating local legends off the cuff? Unheard of. News spread fast but the awe didn't last for long. A culture in itself and a relatively new one at that, everyone keeps it close to their hearts and there is a well respected pecking order. The pioneers and greats are still around today as grime only emerged at the turn of the millennium. Deneil was unconventional and many believed he was trying to muscle in on a scene and style of life that he just thought was cool and some found him rather insulting, even though that was never the case. Khan grew up on the same harsh streets, listened to the same pirate radio stations and endured enough in his life to put his story into bar after bar but, threatened, a lot of the local community reacted negatively towards his arrival and continuous rise. Challenging him to battle after battle, trying to knock him off his stride, local MCs wanted to crush Deneil once and for all but like all of the Khan family, he just kept on coming back more resilient and ready than ever.

After years of critical acclaim for his freestyle videos, productions and unconventional image for a Grime artist, Deneil is finally unleashing his debut album upon us. "E2" was lead by the unexpected smash hit single "Step It Up", which topped the charts on both sides of the Atlantic and went on to become one of 2015's biggest sellers - not to mention being the fastest and now biggest selling Grime song of all time despite only being out for less than a year! The album incorporates the hard edged Grime that people have anticipated alongside a surprising experimental mix of electro-grime, drum and bass and dance. While his harsh flow and biting lyrics remain intact, Deneil states that the overall sound of the record is "upbeat" and "ferocious".

T R A C K • L I S T I N G

Kill 'Em With It
Step It Up
Khandon
Wake Up
Waiting For The Drop
Work
Born And Dragged
Telephone Line
I Begin To Wonder
No Regrets
Good Thing Going
[Luke Striker feat. Deneil & Drew Westbrook]*

*Bonus Track

Edited by user 21 July 2016 13:33:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 10 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 29/01/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 29/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 29/01/2016(UTC), Matticus on 29/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 29/01/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/01/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 31/01/2016(UTC), GirlSpice on 31/01/2016(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2016 14:41:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Kill 'Em With It
Length: 4:02
Genres: Grime
Writers: D.Khan
From The Album: E2

Kill 'Em With It is a Grime/Rap song written, recorded and produced by English MC Deneil. It serves as the opening track on the album. The song was written in summer 2015, late into the process of creating the record. E2 was originally intended to be an EP but due to demand from his fans and a new found confidence in himself, Deneil decided to extend the project and release a full length album. The song was written, recorded, produced and mixed at Deneil's home in which he has a built in studio. The recording studio has been the birth place of many successful and well known songs as Deneil has quickly become a sought after collaborator. "Kill 'Em With It" has been described by Deneil as "tongue in cheek" and one of the "cockiest" songs on the album. His flow is fast and aggressive but is sandwich by an edited, high pitched recording of his voice on the repetitive chorus. Occasionally through the chorus, Deneil's regular voice makes an appearance at random and always on the lines "Ain't got time to deconstruct, just gonna pick up the mic and start spitting/You wanted me to prove myself, now you're breaking a sweat 'cause I'm winning". He has described the edited vocals as "purposely annoying and infectious". The song documents how many people underestimate Deneil due to his ethnicity and where he is from. Visiting America was not a pleasant experience for him at first as a lot of rappers and radio stations didn't take too kindly to his brash nature and many critics spent too much time questioning his credentials and "what he is", trying their best to put him in a box and solve him rather than appreciating him and his music for what they are.

Deneil wrote:
"I feel like a lot of rappers and their fans don't take too kindly to newcomers or other people stepping into certain territory. Sometimes it's a race thing. Sometimes it's a gender thing. Sometimes it's because a certain rapper is killing it and has the throne and they want to clamp down on competition as soon as possible. In London, in the Grime scene, there's a lot of competition but there's also a whole lot of love. There are a few big crews, local radio stations who play nothing but the sound of young Britain and because it's mainly an English sound, there's a lot of pride and support that comes with it regardless of what you do. As long as you're repping the scene and working your arse off in a small game with big players, a lot of people will respect you, leave you to your own devices and let you be the artist you want to be because it's hard out there. When I took a risk and brought our sound, my music to a worldwide audience, it was a different experience. I wasn't "urban" enough to played on certain stations, yet I wasn't "commercial" enough to have my song spun in other places. I was told that I couldn't fit in with the Black rappers because even though I'm dark skinned, it's because I'm part Middle Eastern. Again, I couldn't really be put in the same corner as White rappers either. Not that there should be segregation but when it comes to rap, race is still a big issue. Being from Britain as well and not hiding my accent, my sound didn't really compare to anyone else either. I've actually had people come up to me and say "What the fuck are you?!". People spent too much time over analysing my story, look and sound without actually listening, seeing or understanding one bit of it. They just didn't like the fact that I was doing my own thing, something which may sound a little odd and different. People just wanted to quickly brand me and put me in a box. They couldn't accept that I was just Deneil and this is the music I make. I've been criticised for sounding too harsh, having a smart mouth, for not "being from around here" and a lot of people don't even rate or listen to me because I'm apparently stepping into areas where I'm not wanted. "Kill 'Em With It" is me saying; "Shut up, listen, forget all your preconceived ideas, get off your high horse and just let me blow you away". Cocky, I know, but it was a total vent of a track and it's tongue in cheek. I incorporated a lot of repeating lines and a high pitched vocal effect in parts because my voice, my accent has been branded as "annoying" by a lot of my critics so I thought, why not just be purposely annoying and have the last laugh?"

UserPostedImage

Kill 'em with it, kill 'em with it, kill 'em with it
We kill 'em with it, kill 'em with it, kill 'em with it

Touched down in the middle of the city, little foreign boy in a snap back
Don't even get me started on walking through customs with a bag pack
"Who's he trynna be?" Getting the third degree, stop trynna interrogate man
Not the usual rap boy, carbon copy cutout, it's not all about shade and swag
I'm not saying that I've got more class, I just ain't up my arse maybe that's just
British problems, like bumping into the Queen every day of the week
Dragged around to her crib for a plate of scones and the finest tea
Nah, I don't even know the girl but Her Majesty always stays close to me
Crumpled up on the notes in my wallet, paying my way from LDN to overseas
I don't mind my P's & Q's and when I see an O I've got to add in a U
I don't know what all your slang means & I make Adele sound like aristocracy
I understand if you don't get me, but to try and disrespect? Fam, that's bravery
So you're curious about this lad and want to see if Limey can cut it
I could sit them down, tell them how I do, but I'd rather just kill 'em with it

Ain't got time to deconstruct, just gonna pick up the mic and start spitting
You wanted me to prove myself, now you're breaking a sweat 'cause I'm winning

If you don't wanna accept me, that's fine, I'm not trynna be the kid's new idol
But don't diss my flow and my rhymes just because me and my team ain't local
No big budget but man's in control, no label gonna send me on a downward spiral
Put this out in my own time for my people in hard times, my shit is like their Bible
I like to spit the truth, speak to the youths, click upload and make my words go viral
Meanwhile the "stars" still twiddling their thumbs, waiting for their release on Tidal
Day by day I make my name, D-E-N-E-I-L repeat it loud and clear, recital
Man, stop with that "Denial"
I don't put pen to paper just to make a mint, roll in notes on a king sized bed
If you cared to find out my story, man should know I don't give a...where I lay my head
You can kick back and blaze up, lose yourself but I still see clear through the mist
When the fads fade away and the lyricists burn out, mate I'll still be on the grid
And they can keep testing me, seeing how many buttons they can push before I quit
I could be petty, twist the knife harder but I'd rather start a flow and kill 'em with it

Guessing you're all afraid that I'll come in just a little too heavy?
I spit like liquid fire, fire! round after round until the clip's empty
A-List affiliations yet still rooted with underground cred, do you envy?!
Tried the big talk, well your talk is cheaper than a sale going on at Aldi
Man don't slip and stutter if you wanna have a go at the wickedest MC!
Can change a life in one of my skits when the "hierarchy" stuck on autotune bullshit
I spit the real shit, guess that's why they say I've got a mouth like a cesspit! (ha!)
Didn't last long at my school but I can run rings around these fellas who claim they're old school!
I could show them how it's done with no tools, nah not giving ideas to these fools
You can take the boy out of E2 but my mouth and mind always driven by my roots
I ain't toning it down to fit the standards, hell no, just wait a minute
And if they don't fuck with me by down, I'm gonna fucking kill 'em with it

Deneil's gonna kill 'em with it

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 29/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 29/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 29/01/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/01/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 31/01/2016(UTC), GirlSpice on 31/01/2016(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 29 January 2016 14:44:44(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Step It Up
Genre: Grime, Electro-Grime
Length: 3:30
Written By: D.Khan
Produced By: Deneil
Label: Independent
Taken From: E2

"Step It Up" is a grime/rap song written, recorded and produced by British musician Deneil Khan. The track serves as his second official solo single release following on from 2013's "Living For The Weekend" which was a worldwide hit, however, the EP which is was set to be taken from was shelved and no further solo material surfaced until now. Since the release of his top three debut single, Deneil returned to writing and producing for other artists as well as being a featured performer on hit singles for the likes of SYNCO and Kato. Most of Khan's productions for other artists are urban contemporary R&B/Hip-Hop inspired numbers which sometimes contain elements of pop. His specialities and first loves, however, are grime and bashment which are genres yet to make an impact outside of the UK. "Step It Up" sees Deneil return to his roots with it's unapologetic grimey underground London style production, fast paced and aggressive vocal delivery and references to his beloved home town. The track is the lead single from Deneil's upcoming EP which has yet to receive a release date. Like all of his work, it was written and produced entirely by Deneil himself and was recorded at his home in the inbuilt studio.

The lyrics of the track revolve around Deneil hitting back at people from his past, more specifically the ones who were around him when he first came to prominence on the London underground scene. Before producing for the biggest stars today and even before the world had even heard his elder brother's name, Deneil was rapping and making a name for himself while still in his school uniform and drifting in and out of care with his big brother, Billy. During his time as a low-key rapper and MC, Deneil divided the grime community's opinion which lead to many feuds and some backlash against Khan. As he was young and "did not look the part", many accused him of being a "fake" who hadn't lived through enough struggle to even write a single verse and believed he was trying to be something that he wasn't. However, it was clear that Deneil had talent and many believe all of the put downs were actually due to jealousy and fear. It's not everyday a mischievous schoolboy has an entire community floored by his lyricism, flow and off-the-cuff verses. On the track, Deneil delivers lines which refer to the rumours and trash talk surrounding him when he first appeared on the scene. "People are gonna natter and make it seem like I had an easy ride", "People wanna make it seem like we're some clean-cut chart toppers" & "They palmed it off as a stroke of luck, tried to put it on a downer" are all lines which refer to people accusing Deneil of always having it easy, being clean-cut and that they don't believe he's successful because of his talent or lack of, as they would say. Deneil made a conscious decision not the swear on the single as he wanted to test himself by going in hard on a track, showing off his strong feelings throughout and grabbing the listener's attention without resorting to any cuss words. Khan also makes some interesting references to the Tasmanian Devil, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao and even compares his life to...crunchy peanut butter(?)

Vocally, Deneil is sounding more aggressive and fast paced than anything the general public has heard before. On his debut single, Khan toned down his vocals to compliment to serene and slow flowing production on "Living For The Weekend". He has also had to do the same on his featured verses for commercial, international artists as his speed along with his strong Cockney accent isn't very easy on the ears for radio. On "Step It Up" we are hearing true Deneil though. It's back to the old underground, spitting like snake venom style. He's showing that he's a fully fledged grime artist and isn't toning that thick accent or aggression down for anyone. The gravelly voice and sheer emotion he puts into his delivery have drawn comparisons to that of Eminem, an artist who Deneil admires. The track is like one big vent, an outlet of anger and frustration. Deneil is laying the facts out for people and making no bones about it. His vocals may not exactly sound radio friendly on "Step It Up" and that accent is not for everyone but if you're looking for raw emotion and a powerful delivery, Deneil ticks all the boxes.

The production of the track can be described as erratic and definitely one of Khan's most over the top pieces of work to date. While the track contains a heavy bass which gives the song its dark, aggressive tone aided with an effect sounding similar to a gunshot fire, it's the wild violin which plays throughout the song which steals the show. From the moment the track opens you can't compare it to anything else out there at the moment. The frantic progression and repetition of the violin and all other effects sound rather disjointed, which is the beauty of it, during the almost minute long introduction before a short silence. Just as Deneil delivers his first line, everything dramatically drops and all of the instruments play alongside one another, gelling well this time and giving the song its deliciously dark and striking sound.

Deneil wrote:
"I feel like this song and the few others that you'll be hearing from very shortly just really need to be heard. Some of them are eye-openers, some of them are what I believe to be my best work and like this one, some of the tracks just let loose and I have my say, tell my story. I haven't gone public about it but I recently started a new job as a youth worker in Hackney, where I was born and raised and where I still live today. Music was put on the back burner for a while. I got into the youth work because I'm from that area and I know what it's like to be a deprived child and teen there. Trying to make a living and make the right choices when there's so much crime and unemployment around is extremely hard and I wanted to get the kids off the street, share stories with them, develop different skills and give them a helping hand into turning their lives around. "Step It Up" was actually born after my first couple of days as a youth worker. A lot of the kids had divided opinions of me. Some thought I was a hero, some thought I was this massive sellout who had an easy life and had no right in getting involved with the less fortunate because apparently, I couldn't relate. I was rapping and MC-ing since I was like...13/14 but it wasn't until 16 when I went public and started performing and getting involved in battles...illegally, of course. I was well known in Hackney and then most of London eventually, way before I released anything and way before the world had even heard of Weekend and knew who the Khan's were. There was a buzz around me on the underground, a bit of a local celebrity but the top dogs of the time didn't like it. The general public won't have a clue who I'm talking about so I won't name names but if you lived in my area or you're into the grime scene, these guys are like God. Anyway, of course they didn't like me! I was this 16 year old, Pakistani schoolboy with a big quiff and who looked very dapper, well presented. I was dealing with older guys who lived and breathed grime music since it's birth. They looked the part, grew up and watched it evolve and had been in the game since day one. They didn't welcome me. I was laughed at but really it was because I was feared. I had a strong following of my own, people used to whisper about me and I'd always walk away victorious in freestyle battles. Whenever someone went in hard with their verses, I'd go in even harder. I was a big threat but they tried to cover it up. Instead of saying "man, that Deneil kid is the best around!" they'd focus on my looks and accuse me of being a fake, thinking I had this comfy life and I was just a wannabe hard man when really it was to mask how intimidated they were. I can say this because a few people from back in the day have admitted now and finally came around. When I was working with the youths and being looked down on in my own area, I just had to say something and prove people wrong. Maybe it will revive old feuds? Who knows? So, "Step It Up" is really a way of telling people that I'm here where I am today because I worked hard and I'm Hackney, E2 born and bred. If people want to take shots at me and discredit my work then they need to step it up, step up to the plate and deliver something better than I have. Don't talk behind my back, try to rubbish me and whisper in people's ears just because you're going nowhere in life. It's also a way of giving international fans a very brief insight and little background of my life before becoming a success. I didn't just pop out of nowhere as Billy Khan's little brother who just so happens to produce and write too. I know that's how it seems to almost everybody and that's mainly my fault as I refuse to do interviews and I don't even have my own website but you'll get to know me a little better soon. I'll let the new music do all the talking."

UserPostedImage

Went from wandering E2's streets to flying through the sky
Times finally changed and best believe that it wasn't all overnight
People are gonna natter and make it seem like I had an easy ride
Man, I don't like it smooth and spreadable, low fat and extra light
Gimme some of that crunch, I like my life to have a bit of a bite
They want to water me down and try to wedge in their knives

Murderers, gangsters, dealers and all those dirty little coppers
The fam has dealt with them all and not one of them could stop us
People wanna make it seem like we're some clean-cut chart toppers
Who roll around in limousines, earning serious pounds and dollars
A few awards on the shelf don't ever erase all of the horrors
Still got my ties, all the scars and I wear them like it's an honour

Step it up

When I got my first cheque some so-called friends turned a bit sour
One minute it was love, the next I was left there to be devoured
I stepped out of my box, used my sharp words, I've never been a coward
They palmed it off as a stroke of luck, tried to put it on a downer
I've earned it, guess they forgot that work away until the small hours
Put my pen on paper, wisdom down the mic before big bro's name had power

They said I was the pretty mixed boy who would amount to sod all
I keep my father's roots in my heart and stay White at the knuckles
Worked all these fingers to the bone, you don't even know my struggle
They tried to keep me in a box, didn't want their feathers ruffled
But you can't cage one of the big dogs, I tore off that muzzle
Put it all down on some paper and they can play my stuff on shuffle

Step it up

I keep on raising on the bar 'cause they're never gonna be on my level
LDN boys try to step on my toes, man they should really be more careful
Got love for the fam but all these haters are starting to look dishevelled
They can't even get the crowd started, I bring the bass and the treble
My rhymes hit 'em all hard whether they're played in L.A or down in Bethnal
You don't have to provide a beat, I'll still tear it up like Tasmanian Devil

I'm only trying to open some doors yet they accuse me of selling out
Guess you're vexed cause you're staying stuck on the other side
We know it'd be a different story had it been the other way around
Punching way above your weight, better sit in the corner and simmer down
Don't come for the Mayweather when you ain't even close to being Pacquiao
Nah, I don't even need to throw fists, my bars alone are a total knock out

Don't get up

Can Be Compared To;
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 29/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 29/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 29/01/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/01/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 31/01/2016(UTC), GirlSpice on 31/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/07/2016(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 21 July 2016 18:57:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Khandon
Length: 3:50
Genres: Grime
Writers: D.Khan
From The Album: E2

Khandon is a Grime/Rap song written, recorded and produced by English MC Deneil. It serves as the third track on the album. The song was recorded in a one-take freestyle session back in May 2015, becoming one of the last tracks to be completed for possible inclusion in this era. When E2 was originally set to become a five track EP, Deneil had more or less selected the songs he wanted to include but continued recording in the hope of creating something even better than the solid material he already had. Deneil's famous older brother, Billy Khan, came down to his built-in studio to hear some of the tracks his older brother created as well as give his opinion on vocal retakes. When asked which song he would like to hear, Billy suggested that Deneil freestyles and try to come up with something on the spot as he believes that things off the cuff tend to be far superior than tracks that are intensely worked on. The entire conversation was recorded and serves as an opening and ending to the song.

The harsh, aggressive beat used for the freestyle was created by Deneil several months prior to recording Khandon. Being one of his most ferocious yet simplest creations, Khan struggled to find the write song to compliment it. Deneil has jokingly dubbed it as "Nu-Metal Grime", a frenetic number complete with heavy guitar licks. Vocally, Deneil's deliver is as sharp as ever, not showing any signs of rusting as he manoeuvres with ease throughout the gargantuan beat. His signature coarse and aggressive voice is probably at it's most prominent on the album with Khandon. Lyrically, the song is boastful and Deneil tells us that he and his brother run the music scene in London, which he has now dubbed as Khandon. A bold statement to make, Deneil backs up his claims in the brashest of ways. He states that no other newcomers or wannabes in the UK male rap scene even come close to competing with his talents nor will they ever be as respected as he and his older brother. Many also believe that the track is secretly a diss to Matt Young, a fellow Grime artist who Deneil has publicly feuded with. Lines like "You might as well go use The X Factor judges as some target practice/Cutting corners and kissing arse is the only way you'll ever raise that status" have made people believe that this is a dig at Matt's high profile career and associates as well as his willingness to do whatever it takes to be in the spotlight - something which Deneil once highlighted before. The entire third verse shifts gear and focuses on Deneil's distaste of the Hollywood lifestyle and how he loves his city so much, he will never leave. Again, this is believed to be another diss towards Young who Khan believes "sold out" and was "quick to leave his roots behind and chase the dollar". Tisha Jackson is also name checked in this verse. He uses Jackson as an example of the typical A-List celebrity that he doesn't enjoy the company of; "Fuck hanging with Tisha, the tacky bars are where all my team is". Although not a total jibe towards the R&B songstress, it's sure to ruffle a few feather just like the entire song itself.

Deneil wrote:
"Khandon is a real fucking monster of a track. It's definitely the most aggressive one on there, I think. It was off the cuff and a huge vent that I just did not see coming. I was in the zone when I was recording this one. I mean, I do freestyles all the time in the studio. I don't really do anything with them unless they're exceptionally good. I just do them out of habit and so not to stay rusty. I'm a Grime MC so freestyling...it's in my blood, man. There was something about this one that was just special though. I had to keep it. The title, the delivery, the memories surrounding the creation of it...just everything. It was a keeper within the first few lines. Another reason why Khandon stood out was due to the fact that it actually has a little hook. A typical freestyle is just one line after the other, building up on each and every one. Like a long vent, really. This one...it was like I created an entire song on the spot. Was fucking proud of myself, fam."

"Billy came around to listen to some of the stuff I already had for what was then the EP. I was playing some stuff and I wanted him to give his opinion on some vocal retakes. I really fucking nitpick and I knew that if I didn't have someone to reassure me that everything sounded fine then I would have never gotten anything finished. He prompted me to come up with something on the spot. I wasn't really expecting him to suggest that so I was caught off guard for a second but then I realised that if I didn't, he'd take the piss and say that I'd lost my spark. I knew I had to deliver something epic just to shut him up. He was still a nippy little shit about it when I finished though but I could tell that he actually did like it. I kept the real conversation on there. I left it running as I was in the booth about to do redo part of a song and it recorded us chatting away. It's not edited, it's not been re-recorded, this was the entire creation of the song on the night, exactly the way it happened. So fucking glad that I have it all documented."

"I'm not going to say much on the inspiration of the track or what it means. You just need to listen to it to take away the rather obvious message in it. Yeah, I mean there are times where I go purposely overboard to stay true to the overall character of the track but for the most part, it's just a reflection of how I was feeling at the time. I felt like I was finally getting the recognition I deserved as a lyricist, rapper, Grime artist...everything. I work hard, this music has been my entire life really and I felt like I was being targeted and disrespected for the most stupid reasons. My older brother is in Weekend. Big deal. People were using that to take away from my abilities and credibility as a MC. The colour of my skin was brought into it as well, not to mention the fact that my fiancee happens to be a pop star. I am who I am, I love who I love and I'm also a fucking passionate and serious artist. I eat, sleep and breathe Grime music while all the wannabes who only know like five songs want to point the finger and try to discredit and disrespect? Nah."

"I like to call this the conclusion of the "Angry Man Trilogy". The first three tracks all have the similar theme of me dealing with adversary at home and in the rap scene. Kill 'Em With It is more tongue in cheek, Step It Up is about realising my worth as a rapper and gaining the confidence to challenge others and Khandon is definitely the most ruthless of the three. It's one big warning to anyone who dares think about trying me. It's like Step It Up on crack. It's wild, unapologetic and I know it's going to piss a lot of people off. That's part of the fun though, right?"

UserPostedImage

Deneil talking
Billy talking

"Billy, man, get your feet off of the fucking desk. Thought you wanted to help? You're just cluttering up my place. You're distracting me, I'm trying to get in the zone."
"Ooooh, "the zone"?
"Yes, the zone. Now you gonna listen and give some comments or just going to sit there eating Doritos?"
"Fuck is wrong with eating Doritos?! I can do that and listen at the same time."
"And your head is stuck in your phone as usual. Stop being rude, fam."
"Stop being bossy. I can hear and tweet too. I've got ears. Just...get on with it, man."
"Alright, alright! Which track do you want to hear back first? I've been reworking on Bor..."
"Nah, mate. Nah. Gimme something new. Something fresh. Just putting you on the spot."
"Like a freestyle?"
"Yeah, go for it......Oi, don't look at me like that! You're the rapper, you're used to doing it off the cuff. Just pull up a random beat and let me hear. I don't want you getting rusty, fam."
"OK....Butcheri-Nah, mate, you put me off!"
"I'm just licking Dorito powder off of my finger. Get on with it, bruv!"
Alright...OK...

Butchering the Queen's English 'cause that's just how we roll
But we keep on flying the flag, still E2 down to the bones
Ain't no Royal associations but we oversee all upon our thrones
Every stitch, every seam, every fibre man knows that we crafted it all
Took a decade of fuckery and a barrel of blood, sweat, tears and alcohol
Oops! Don't drink on the job, only pop corks when we have a Royal Ball
Economy don't make us feel worthless, cheap shit tastes just like home
Can't always go back to the old ways when snakes trying to overthrow
Khans may run LDN but mandem out there plotting, thinking they Al Capone
They fire shots but my bars are a massacre, Happy Valentine's, I'm an outlaw

Welcome to Khandon, fuckers! Welcome to Khandon
Where we press that branding iron on the sides of the man'dem
Where you can roll with the kings or just be another victim
We're the illest, daily dose of my rhymes on prescription
Harsh when it's every man for himself, welcome to the rumble
Not so smart with words now you're caught up in my concrete jungle
I ain't no gangster, I'm a governor and man will be quick to humble

Grab your fucking riot shields because I'm about to go spastic
Couple of smart arses wouldn't listen now it's time to be drastic
Spit like a sub-machine, run to your mothers from the bars I'm blastin'
Bullets spray from this fire tongue, watch haters combust like magic
Dodge your clap backs like I'm in The Matrix, bounce it back like elastic
Days trynna perfect your shitty first line when even my off-days are classic
Don't come for me in my own city when all you bring 'round here is tragic
You might as well go use The X Factor judges as some target practice
Cutting corners and kissing arse is the only way you'll ever raise that status
You're not even equipped while I've finished training and won the matches
Me and B run this, I really don't think it's wise to step into the madness
I'm out here on the mic with words crazier than fucking Westboro Baptist

Brushed shoulders with Hollywood but I'm still East End's realist
Shake off that stardust, got my own bit of sunshine, can you feel it?
Won't be tempted by the glamorous, that's not the life I'll be leadin'
All the accolades to act the A but it's more fun to slum it in the C-List
Fuck hanging with Tisha, the tacky bars are where all my team is
Khandon ain't all work, still the best place to have a right old knees-up
The face even a mother couldn't love now gets me all of the freebies
Part like waves when I walk in like I'm the mixed race, six packed Jesus

They say that the UK ain't popping like way back when
All the rap ain't as raw and honest like it was back then
Where you motherfuckers been? I've been keeping it 10 multiplied by 10
I don't make much money out here but I'm making waves and sense
Hating cause there's no room for you while I'm in high demand
Don't worry, I'll send you a postcard from the exalted, Holy land

"Done it! How was that?"
"....adequate..."
"Oh piss off!"

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 21 July 2016 18:58:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 21/07/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/07/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 21/07/2016(UTC), kandii on 22/07/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 28/07/2016(UTC)