logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 28 January 2016 16:38:03(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Artists: Payton (feat. Matt Young & Kidd Amaze)
Title: At the Top
Release Date: January 28th, 2016
January 28th,2016 (Digital)
Length: 4:20
Genre: Hip Hop, House
Songwriters: Payton Rodriguez, TJ Cousins, Matt Young
Producers: Nineteen85
From The Album: Payton Season

At the Top is an official single by Puerto-Rican recording artist Payton. The record is taken off of his anticipated music project tentively titled "Payton Season" which is rumored to be released soon this year. Payton has yet to confirm whether or not Payton Season is an EP, a mixtape or his debut album. At the Top also features rap verses from well known rappers Matt Young and Kidd Amaze as the rappers trade verses throughout the record that lasts for a mere four minutes and twenty seconds. With a new year and new music, Payton has been able to continue to rise his way up the ranks and become a relatively known name in the industry, and it seems to be further proven as he stands alongside two of raps greats on the record, which could come as a shock to some as Payton didn't exactly start out as a rapper. Rodriguez made his official debut in late 2014 with the massively viral "Bend Over Miss" which gave people a very opinionated view on the singer/rapper and you either loved him or hated him. He continued on to release his official debut single "Player No More" in early 2015 which featured well known rapper, Liyah. Player No More saw Payton sing more than he rapped and nonetheless, it became a big hit reaching as high as #2 on the Airplay Charts and #2 on the Digital Charts. The song also topped the Urban Airplay charts for three weeks. Just a few weeks later, Payton appeared on a popular interview TV show and he began rapping, revealing another skill that people (at the time) didn't known he possessed and later, dropped a freestyle entitled "Tom Ford" that was critically acclaimed for being a hardhitting rap record that re-introduced Payton to the industry as a serious competitor, as said by Kelly Anne Johnson of RapUp. That wasn't all for Payton however, he was also featured artist on Carmen's hit 2015 debut single "Do It Right". For the rest of 2015, if Payton wasn't causing twitter riffs with fellow musicians due to his outspoken nature or controversially announcing his relationship with Andrea who he has quite an age difference with; the artist was writing and recording for his project "Payton Season"

After entering the studio with producer Nineteen85, they began writing and recording together for the project Payton has been taking his time on working to complete. The young star exclaimed that he wanted a sound that could pertain to his audience that has definitely changed over time, as Payton started out as a fully fledged pop artist with a catchy debut record and has more recently found his niche on the urban market. Still, Payton has never wanted to totally drop his pop roots but would instead have pop influences on some of the songs on the project but nothing too heavy that it could take away from his obvious comfortableness with his urban roots. In the studio specifically, 85 played a an instrumental of the song that would eventually become "At the Top", Payton heard the song and thought it was exactly what he wanted the sound of his new record to sound like. After putting some finishing touches on the album, Payton and his producer entered in the studio in November of 2015 after finishing the record and and hearing it back, Payton had an idea to make the song an actual collaboration with two other people. After weighing his options, he thought it would be a great idea to get returning rap icon Matt Young on the record and Kidd Amaze. Payton sent the songs out to both rappers in January of 2015, hoping that they would respond to the collaboration. TJ Cousins, also known as Kidd Amaze, replied just a few hours later accepting the collaboration, as did Young a few days later. The rappers got to work on their respectful verses as did Payton for his final verse on the song. Kidd Amaze sent back his recorded verse just two days later. Matt Young did the same by weeks end. The track experienced a slight, few days postpone as the record needed mixed properly so that the verses flow well with each other and the tracks composition. With this time, Payton took to twitter to hype up some new music explaining that the new music was 'fire', building up some anticipation for song long awaited music. The record was entirely finished on January 26th,2016 and was flagged for an official release on January 28th, 2016.

In a track that goes on for over four minutes, the rappers confidently take their time asserting their individual greatness across a smooth club beat that confidently and tastefully showers us with glimmering clipped house-music sprinkled over a hip hop backing beat, giving each rapper their time to shine over the minimal but proclaiming production From the very start of the record, Payton's echoing vocals calling out "You know that/imma meet you at the top" gives us an eerie vibe that Payton is speaking to his very own counterparts that are actually on the record with him but it simply makes us want to dance and its incredibly hard to get his repetitive spoken "Imma at you at the top" out of your head. He's not done there however, as we are joined with hand clapping production values and a house/synth driven backing beat. Payton takes this time to rap over the record about the his rise to the top, along with his personal depiction of haters and other topics until he reaches the chorus. Payton's flow is very in tune with the record as he's very legible when he raps. His Puerto-rican accent makes his rapping flow that much more unique, as it has a Spanish ting to it that gives certain words he pronounces while rapping a kick. After the chorus, Matt Young finds way onto the track. Matt Young wastes no time bringing high energy to the record that mixes perfectly with the club banger. His British accent gives us another taste of the grime sound that Matt has been known for having as he raps his words face paced and easily, like a true veteran. Matt Young boasts about his accomplishments and shoots out subliminals as well murmuring: "The King of Rap and the God of Grime that you think that you know - How to compete, or even relate, your rhymes aren't fire". Matt does not hold back the fiery words and it shoots right into the next chorus, performed by Payton. Following the chorus, Kidd Amaze finds way onto the record. Amaze's way of rapping and executing his word play is perfectly in place with the beats and his words glide pleasantly over the bouncy beat. Like Payton and Matt, Amaze doesn't waste any time explaining his proweress with words like: Victory labs this shit can sometimes be a bored|my quick freestyles better then some best autotune shit|Yet everyone seem to like some of that ignorant hits. Kidd Amaze continues to bring the power until the chorus comes back on. Following the chorus, Payton makes way for the outro of the song, giving us another Spanish tinged, fiery verse that ends off with a major rap diss as Payton carelessly raps: And I'm still young I haven't had enough you see,|But I took his bitch, got his son calling me daddy |Funny how I'm shorter than most my haters yet they still lookin' up to me.; The song then breaks into the final chorus and it comes to a close.

Payton - bold/black
Matt Young - dark blue
Kidd Amaze - brown

At the top
(Payton Rodriguez, Matt Young, TJ Cousins)

(You know that)
I'mma meet you at the top
(You know that)
Man, I'mma meet you at the top
(Yeah, uh-huh)
You think im playing?
No I’m not
(You know that)
Coming for that one spot
(Yeah, uh-huh)

Payton

I got all eyes on me like this my only opportunity,
Ya’ll got the feelin' like there's somethin' I got for you to see,
P do what he do, the outcome’s not for you and me,
Killin it from the start, my raps are full of cruelty,
And haters gettin' mad because I speak the truth fluently,
But I accept haters cause I’ll have a bigger crew with me,
Say whatever you want, I stay real and be all true to me,
I be the one to live my life, nothin' here for you to be,
Its whatever though, nothing but to earn respect,
It's probly' somethin' ya’ll should learn to get,
Risin from the bottom, it’d be nothing you’d expect,
And stay with me cuz it’ll be nothin you’d regret,
Money hangin out my pocket wearin a pair of vans,
I'm a young kid wit' too much money in my hands
Now tell these niggas Matt and Kidd that I really got a plan

(You know that)
(You know that)
(Yeah, uh-huh)
You think im playing?
No I’m not
(You know that)
Coming for that one spot
(Yeah, uh-huh)

MattY
M - A - T's to the Y, Ha!
Them man think they're at the top, more like the bus stop,
Got another thing coming if they think that was there shot,
More like they're firing blanks, 'cause thats no way to show
The King of Rap and the God of Grime that you think that you know -
How to compete, or even relate, your rhymes aren't fire
Blud, your rhymes are dire.
Take a page out my book, take a second just to look,
My pedestal at the top of the scene is no place for a fuck-
Like you to claim, like you're a competitor in my game,
'Cause this is my game, my scene, my home,
My boys here with me know what it's like to be alone,
Fighting for survival, learning step by step,
Beating all the rivals, rapping breath by breath
Climbing higher and higher, leaving the hoodrats in the gutter,
They can't go out in daylight, there falsity will melt like butter,
The haters are gonna hate, but the Kidd's are coming through,
M-A-T's, Kidd and Payton are the heros of the youth.
You other rappers got a problem, take a second stop,
I don't give a fuck, see if you can meet me at the top.

(You know that)
(You know that)
(Yeah, uh-huh)
You think im playing?
No I’m not
(You know that)
Coming for that one spot
(Yeah, uh-huh)

Kidd Amaze

you know you how this going to go
Soon as I get on a track, people going to the store
with cash in hand and here the reason why
When you think of rap music I'm that guy
see I don't act I am who I be
and anyone who want to battle go ahead and holla at me
like clutch ray ray open for threes
have you in the same position as girl down on her knees
and it nothing to me to play for this is just a encore
Victory laps this shit can sometimes be a bored
my quick freestyles better then some best autotune shit
Yet everyone seem to like some of that ignorant hits
See I can put niggas on the run
like they just stole something
have him wishing he was someone else, frontin
this shit is nothing I just do this in spare time
Just show up to catch them slipping, datelineturn
Turn dreams into night terrors make them paralyze
these niggas bitches the way i give them soaked thighs
That you will see only be stains
I have the gang come back and pick up this beats remains cause

(You know that)
(You know that)
(Yeah, uh-huh)
You think im playing?
No I’m not
(You know that)
Coming for that one spot
(Yeah, uh-huh)

Payton

When the world don't get it Payton's the one to understand,
Makin' it this far was never really in my plans,
Until I took a seat and put success in my ignition,
You think you comin with me but you stuck in your position?
(Uh) Just holla at me whenever you wanna get conditioned,
All my wins will just be made into traditions,
Since I came in this game, I don't see no competition,
I chose to find my dreams no one sent me on this mission,
I'm already out there, don't take so long to listen,
You lookin' for a future then you’ll see me on your vision,
And I'm still young I haven't had enough you see,
But I took his bitch, got his son calling me daddy
Funny how I'm shorter than most my haters yet still lookin' up to me.

(You know that)
(You know that)
(Yeah, uh-huh)
You think im playing?
No I’m not
(You know that)
Coming for that one spot
(Yeah, uh-huh)

Beat/Sounds Like

Edited by user 05 January 2017 01:49:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 28/01/2016(UTC), Matticus on 28/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 28/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 28/01/2016(UTC), erich hess on 29/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 29/01/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 29/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 29/01/2016(UTC), GirlSpice on 31/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 28 January 2016 17:49:53(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Matt: Pleasure to be involved, this kids got style! Always fun rapping with my brother Kidd!

OOC: great work guys, loved it!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 29/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#3 Posted : 28 January 2016 17:50:15(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Matt: Pleasure to be involved, this kids got style! Always fun rapping with my brother Kidd!

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 29 January 2016 01:22:28(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Mariko: thank god Payton does not rap the way he writes on Twitter. I would have had to drown myself in oatmeal if that was the case.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 29 January 2016 01:56:44(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: YAAAAAS I'M HORNY. (Not really) I'm a fan for your music and I adoreeee the way you rap. You have something unique and special, which gives me goosebumps! I'm also a huge fan of Matt and the amazing Amaze! Great job, guys! I can't wait to hear more of you, Payton! 2016 is going to be YOUR year! And, I'm ready for it!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 29 January 2016 03:46:38(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Izayiah: Magnifco, all three of you did a good job, I love the flow of this, like the pretty lady above said 2016 is gonna be a good one for you
UserPostedImage
Offline freestylechamp  
#7 Posted : 29 January 2016 05:28:46(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Kidd: This was cool, I always like working with new people that come with something, Payton was good with the lyrics.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 30 January 2016 02:18:16(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Matticus Go to Quoted Post

Payton: Ye bruh we all killd dat shit good looks on bein part of dis hot ass single u feel meh?

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Mariko: thank god Payton does not rap the way he writes on Twitter. I would have had to drown myself in oatmeal if that was the case.

Payton: Lml mayb u shuld still do dat oatmeal challenge while u at it

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: YAAAAAS I'M HORNY. (Not really) I'm a fan for your music and I adoreeee the way you rap. You have something unique and special, which gives me goosebumps! I'm also a huge fan of Matt and the amazing Amaze! Great job, guys! I can't wait to hear more of you, Payton! 2016 is going to be YOUR year! And, I'm ready for it!

Payton: Gracias ma, its iight if u got horny aint nun wrong wit dat ;) we all get horny u feel me? Ye dis gon be my shit dis year we just startin lml

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Kidd: This was cool, I always like working with new people that come with something, Payton was good with the lyrics.

Payton: Gud looks Kidd. Deadass

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Izayiah: Magnifco, all three of you did a good job, I love the flow of this, like the pretty lady above said 2016 is gonna be a good one for you

Payton: Thank u bruh!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 30 January 2016 02:25:46(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Mariko: maybe I should. But you see, I cannot make decent oatmeal. I guess I should find two other people who can.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 30 January 2016 16:24:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Mariko: maybe I should. But you see, I cannot make decent oatmeal. I guess I should find two other people who can.

Payton: Dun wrrry imma hav dat shit made 4 u
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline GirlSpice  
#11 Posted : 31 January 2016 07:16:09(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Sophia: My fave fave FAVE rapper is back! Hehe! Hi Payton and friends! This makes me wanna dance babes and this is soooo your best song to date! Oh and the line "Funny how I'm shorter than most my haters yet still lookin' up to me" made me laugh soooo much babes! Hehe! So funny!

Chantal: Dreadful in every way.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline mebeme101  
#12 Posted : 31 January 2016 08:55:29(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Carmen: Yasssss kings this is lit af I swear to god all of you killed it murdered each verse and the production is next level I s2g loved hearing this song for the first time but it gets better each time I listen to it nobody is ready for this album you're bout to drop Payton great job here!
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 01 February 2016 11:58:56(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Carmen: Yasssss kings this is lit af I swear to god all of you killed it murdered each verse and the production is next level I s2g loved hearing this song for the first time but it gets better each time I listen to it nobody is ready for this album you're bout to drop Payton great job here!

Payton: Good lookin Carmen! U Gota com thru so we can celebrate dat my shit is poppin off errwhere u feel me? Ye dey ain't ready!!!

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Sophia: My fave fave FAVE rapper is back! Hehe! Hi Payton and friends! This makes me wanna dance babes and this is soooo your best song to date! Oh and the line "Funny how I'm shorter than most my haters yet still lookin' up to me" made me laugh soooo much babes! Hehe! So funny!

Chantal: Dreadful in every way.

ThatKidPayton: Ayyyy good looks Sophia, haha ye I threw dat in dere I knew ppl would like it. 😉

@Chantal Knock yo ass rite out da top spot. U mad?

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage