logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 03 February 2016 06:34:36(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

"We're all just broken dolls with dreams of glue."

Edited by user 30 December 2022 07:17:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 03/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/02/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 03/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 03/02/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/04/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 03 February 2016 06:48:39(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Anniken Dahl-Smith sat patiently in her office while she waited for Aaron and Jason to arrive. Today she was going to have a meeting, as they were in talks of making her their new manager. She had a full smile on her face even as she sat all alone in the quiet room. She had just spent the whole day rekindling with Yasmine. Yasmine was the the first artist she had built from the ground, right behind her very own Rum & Coke. To see Yasmine again made her happy, it had proved that it was all worth it. She was so independent now, and at a place in her life Anniken knew she couldn't guide her. It made her happy and she sat in her seat smiling to herself, just like a proud mother would.
Offline mebeme101  
#3 Posted : 03 February 2016 07:03:32(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Aaron and Jason who were running a little late to the meeting today due to Jason's 'nap' can finally be heard bickering with each other from behind the door before they enter Aaron can be heard saying "Well we wouldn't be so late if you weren't busy sleeping this is going to make such a bad first impression" Aaron can be heard replying with "Would you rather I come in here looking like a zombie? No? Didn't think so" the boys whisper in hopes that Anniken won't hear them through the door however the two are whispering rather loud Aaron finally sighs "Whatever if she hates us it's your fault just know that" the boys then open the door to the office they were guided to and walk in now putting on full smiles they each go over to introduce theirselves to Anniken Aaron who was wearing a white sweater was first to greet her with a huge smile "Hi I'm Aaron" he extended his hand to shake hers before his brother Aaron who was wearing the same sweater the only difference his was black (their outfits) he also greeted her with a big smile "And I'm Jason" he said also reaching out to shake her hand the two boys then unintentionally spoke at the same time "It's nice to meet you" and with that it took every mature bone in Jason's body to not call jinx on his brother the two younf boys both sat down on chairs in front of Anniken's desk after the greetings they were unsure who was supposed to talk first as they haven't been in any big meetings before both boys were only 16 and neither were use to important meetings like this as they found a majority of their success from the popular app Vine and of course being the younger brothers of Layla Sanchez of SYNCO so they stood quiet for a few seconds to see if Anniken had something to say first
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 03 February 2016 07:25:21(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Anniken stood up the minute she heard footsteps approaching the door. She looked down at her suit and smoothed out the creases as the door opened. "Welcome, welcome! Come in, it's so nice to meet you!" She said warmly as her assistants guided the 16 year old twins into her office. She listened as they introduced themselves,making a mental note of Aaron wearing white and Jason wearing black. "Aaron.. Jason.. got it." She pointed at each one while saying their names, making sure not to forget it. "This is your signature look." She said, taking one more good glance at their outfits. "The good guy in white and the bad boy in black, it'll make a hell of a theme. Do you have a stylist yet? He should get onto this." Anniken was already speaking as if she was their manager, she just had that kind of instinct where she knew best even about the career she had no control over. She shook both of their hands and gave them a huge smile. "I'm Anniken Dahl-Smith. You came here today to talk over the possibilities of me managing your careers, is that correct?" She signaled for the boys to sit down as she made her way back around her desk.
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 03 February 2016 07:54:48(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

The boys both smiled and nodded as Anniken pointed at each and spoke their names her friendly greeting put some of the boys' nerves at ease when she speaks on their style and is able to get a feel of their personalities so quickly they look kind of surprised another thing that surprised them is that she was able to make that already give them a sort of theme with their outfits which was something they hadn't really thought about before Jason let's out a surprised "Wow" without even realizing it the boys then laughed Jason then shook his head "No we don't have a stylist yet we've talked to some people our sister recommended but we're still dressing ourselves at the moment" he says with a small chuckle the boys then listen to Anniken as she speaks this time Aaron replies "Yeah we've heard you're the best plus the fact that your managing pretty much a bunch of our favorites like Rum & Coke, Mi•Mi and a bunch of others so we thought it'd be really cool to possibly join that amazing line up you know if you think we're good enou-" Jason suddenly cuts off his brother without warning "We are good enough" sounding completely confident in his words Aaron turns to his brother and smiles at him looking rather nervous though he's not saying anything the look on his face clearly is as he give his brother a 'what the fuck are you doing?' kind of look which Jason doesn't even pay much mind to
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 03 February 2016 13:26:03(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

She sat down in her seat and looked at both of them eagerly. "First thing you should get is a stylist. You might not think you need one yet but they make it all so much easier." She laughs when they begin to talk about their reputation for managing previous artists. Thank you so much for the consideration but remember, you should always look a little deeper than who is managing popular artists at the moment. Find somebody who can not only build a career with but a good relationship with. Just a little advice just in case this doesn't work out, you never know what could happen." Anniken said off the back, reassurance like this either left artist feeling like they were in safe hands or just uncomfortable, but it was true. The business was beyond unpredictable, it's great to know who you get involved with. Jason's confidence and how easily Aaron was thrown off by it made her smile, their personalities were very transparent. "You two are adorable, you remind me a lot of Rum & Coke to be honest. Both were eager girls who were confident but reasonably hesitant, that's always a good sign. Anyways, I'm more than willing to let more artists onto my team. But the biggest thing about making this deal is learning where we stand on a few things. Of course you have standards as artists that you expect to be met and of course as a manager, I have my own. I'm gonna ask a few questions that may or may not make sense, but I want you to answer them okay? Don't be scared to speak your mind, this meeting isn't about us impressing each other, this is about getting to know how well we might work together."
Offline mebeme101  
#7 Posted : 03 February 2016 14:45:43(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

The boys nod agreeing that they probably would need a stylist sooner they didn't know that their wardrobe would play such a key role in their career Aaron spoke up "We'll definitely look more into that then" he says with a smile they then listen to the boys was again nodded as they listened carefully to what Anniken had to say about picking a manager her tone of voice and the way she described how they should look for a manager really did put them a bit more at ease Layla had also lectured them multiple times about how not everybody in this industry could be trusted so in a way it was good to hear something similar come from Anniken Jason then replied to what she had to say about finding a manager "Yeah our sister told us a bit about that" Aaron then chimes in "Yeah she has told us a lot about that but another reason we wanted to meet with you was because if you could get along with those huge and different personalities then there was probably a chance that you could get along with us as well" he said in a way trying to fix what he had said earlier Aaron was relieved when he seen Anniken smile after what had just happen rather than get mad or see them as unprofessional which they honestly were these two boys were popular on vine and had even had a meet & greet or two but now they were looking into the big leagues here the boys both smile as Anniken compares them to Rum & Coke who are one of their favorite groups/duos in the industry at the moment the boys then once again listen to what Anniken has to say before Aaron replies "I understand that and we are definitely willing to answer if you don't mind I actually prepared a few questions last night too" Aaron finishes a bit quieter not knowing if that was the wrong thing to say/do in this sort of meeting but he had figured they were going to be asked questions today so it'd probably be best to ask a few of his own as well
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 03 February 2016 15:31:27(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"It's weird as shit, aint it?" Anniken asks with a laugh. "All the smart people only choose to manage passive artists who'll let the manager mold their image and personality for them. With me, I figured why waste all that time, energy and conflict when I can just talented artists who already have an image and personality. That being said, don't be like the others and go missing for weeks when you get mad at the world, I'm too old for hide and seek." She jokes about the amount of freedom she gives her artists because in a way it was irrational, but it's worked out for the better through the years. They still all do relatively well for a team who builds their careers around inconsistency. It's a pro and a con. "I'm really glad you considered me though, I've just recently decided to expand this business a bit and invite artists to request me. Before, I'd just pick 'em up off the side of the street, literally. Aikya, Allison, Winnie, Yasmine? Found them all busking in either New York, Los Angeles, and Florida. Yasmine was in a cafe. Small world." She reaches below her desk and whips out a notepad, kind of like a therapist would. She continues to speak. "I'm just gonna ask you 3 questions, just answer freely and individually please. There's no right or wrong answers. And of course, if you have anything to ask me, blurt it out right after you're done answering. No one's ever came with questions before. Look at you, not even on the team and already outdoing the rest of the slackers. I can tell you're going to be my favorites." She says with a laugh before getting a pen out and writing a bit on the notepad already. "What are your plans if your career as a celebrity doesn't work out? Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Try and tell me why and how it could also be a weakness for you. And lastly--this is the one everybody chokes up on--what is the biggest skeleton in your closet? I need to know what to bury."

Edited by user 03 February 2016 15:36:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mebeme101  
#9 Posted : 03 February 2016 16:39:39(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Jason laughs along with Anniken at the way she had put it he definitely felt comfortable around her and while Aaron did too he was still trying to stay a bit on edge as he wanted to take in that advice that his sister and Anniken had previously given to him to be careful on who you trust in the industry after Anniken speaks about not disappearing the boys suddenly look around most of the time when things got tough for the boys they would cut off everybody except each other so this would probably be one of the harder things for them Jason speaks up eventually "We'll do our very best to keep in contact with you at all times" He says bringing back his confident smile hoping the awkward silence from earlier wasn't too long or noticeable the boys then listen to her talk about how she had discovered most of her artists it was surprising to hear that a majority were just discovered from the streets the way they were it almost in a way made Jason question if they had what it takes to really make it in this industry considering that they had a famous sister and had 'made it' on Vine but here they were reaching out to get their career started rather than being discovered like the others Aaron speaks up as Jason seems a bit lost in thought "Well that just proves what we had already thought then that you have an incredible eye for talent which is again another reason why we were eager to possibly sign you as our manager" he says with a little chuckle he then laughs when Anniken mentions that they're going to be her favorites the boys then listen to the questions the first seemed rather easy to answer Aaron took this one on first "Well we're looking more so to make music than become famous I mean we've already built a small following on Vine as we had said before but if music just doesn't seem to work out for us at all we'll probably go back to where it all started Vine but we are ready to put in a lot of work so we're pretty positive that this will work out" Jason nods along even adding a little smile at his twin brothers sudden spark of confidence it was nice seeing him in that light and hearing him say that Aaron then took a second to ask Anniken one of his questions "Really quickly I was wondering with all of the artists you already have under your management how do you plan to make time to help us out?" he asks in an unsure tone hoping his question didn't seem a bit rude the boys listen to the next question and both answer Jason starts it out "Well I'd say I'm more of an extrovert which I'm happy with but the weakness there well the obvious one I'd probably end up getting in trouble somehow because of that I mean I have before so..." he says with adding a little shrug at the end of his sentence Aaron then answers "I've always been more introverted which I guess some people will probably see as boring but I just enjoy my me time it's really needed especially when you have a twin like" He looks at Jason "Like that" he says jokingly Jason rolls his eyes before laughing "Shut up jerk" Aaron then takes the time to ask another question "If we do sign to your management how can we trust that you won't try to make us something different from what we are?" the boys then hear the final question and suddenly pause they both take a deep breath and look at each other doing so almost completely in sync with one another Jason "Um there aren't any big ones..." he says in a lower tone now sounding slightly nervous and even sad Jason then begins fiddling around with his fingers and looks down at them the nerves and fear could be easily seen on him Aaron didn't know how to respond Aaron had never really done anything big enough to need hiding and he didn't want to throw his brother under the bus so he just sat silently unsure what to do
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#10 Posted : 04 April 2017 09:55:01(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

After spending the last two months cracking down on her talents, arguing with her daughter and fighting with what felt like every record label known to man, it really was refreshing for Anniken to be sitting in the meeting room at her Los Angeles office right now. 2017 had been a hard year on her personally, especially after losing her husband, but barely 4 months in and it's already shaping up to be her most successful year. She could use a nice vacation but there was no way she could stop amidst everything coming together. This 15 minute vacation she's had in this meeting room while waiting for her newest possible signee would just have to do for now. She sat back in her seat, thinking of what she planned on saying.
Offline BrownSugar  
#11 Posted : 04 April 2017 10:20:30(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19289 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Reuben Rodriquez sits in the waiting area, twiddling his thumbs as time passes him by at a snail's pace. This is a meeting about a potential signing, which puts him in control. He's the one who has the power to accept or decline and it's the bigwigs here who have to sell themselves but Reuben can't help his nerves. This still very much feels like an audition or a job interview to him. All the important people sauntering around the building, that familiar office smell, the ringing of phones...it all has a very "official" feel which intimidates him.

It's been quite a fortnight for the Puerto Rican heartthrob. He went from being a lowkey tween favorite in a nice paying, safe job to having his entire world turned upside down overnight. People who had never heard of him or the show he was once part of are now talking about him, he's been receiving all types of offers and this is the first time he's tasted the cruel side of fame. Beforehand, he was inoffensive and never bothered anyone. Being a secondary character on a moderately successful show, he was never going to have many haters or obsessed paparazzi on his tail. Since his dismissal though, people have been quick to fire an abundance of love or a spadefuls of hate his way. It's all very chaotic and what he needs right now is a fresh start. There have been multiple offers but nothing official. Once Reuben officially severs ties with the past and hops on something new, he'll feel like he can finally breathe again. Right now, everything is up in the air and he feels like he's running around like a headless chicken.

After being called in by a receptionist (who totally hasn't heard of conditioner, by the way), Reuben nervously knocks on the door of Anniken's office and peers in. "Hello?"
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 04 April 2017 10:55:47(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

By the time Reuben stepped inside of the meeting room, Anniken was already standing at her end of the table waiting for him to come inside while simultaneously studying his every move. It was quite clear that he was nervous so naturally she made it her mission to make him feel comfortable. "Hi." Anniken stepped out from the table once Reuben had stepped close enough, reaching out to shake his hand. "I'm Anniken Dahl-Smith, the owner and founder of this company. Can my receptionist get you anything? Water, tea, coffee?" She had a smile on her face but it wasn't too big, just enough to feel less intimidating. Anniken was almost 6 feet with a strong face and right now she had on a sharp suit, a peach blouse underneath the unbuttoned jacket. She tried her best to feel much more approachable than she looked, especially since this meeting was about convincing Reuben to join her team.

Offline BrownSugar  
#13 Posted : 04 April 2017 11:53:10(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Reuben feels more at ease as soon as he is greeted by Anniken. He's far from being totally comfortable and relaxed but he can unwind a little as he's gotten over the first hurdle of actually meeting the lady for the first time. In the waiting room, he was conjuring up images and scenarios of what she would be like and fear of the unknown can add a lot to the nerves. The setting doesn't seem as scary as he had imagined.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs Dahl-Smith. I am Reuben. Reuben Rodriguez," he says with a sweet smile. Obviously she knows who he is or he wouldn't be here but manners cost nothing. Reuben rolls up the long sleeve of his burgundy and red hoodie to shake hands with Anniken. He had originally pulled the sleeve down over his hands as a way of working through his nerves. When asked if he needs anything, he smiles again and gently shakes his head. "No thank you. I just have water before come here," he says softly. From the start, it's obvious that he still speaks in broken English when not sticking to a script which many employers see as a major selling point or a major no-no.

"I thank you for taking time to see me. It is a very big, uh......t-transitional time for me and I appreciate that people wish to support me through it." Reuben is such a soft-spoken, gentle guy. He does not come across as the type of person you would expect to be related to Payton or for being controversially fired for "inappropriate photographs". Reuben has such a sweet voice and it's only amplified by his stunning accent and the every so slightly muffled pronunciation of certain words. Anniken may or may not know as it's not really well documented, but Reuben is partially deaf. He has a hearing aid in his right ear but it's often unnoticed due to its "invisible" material. Take all that into account and add it to his good looks, baggy yet stylish clothing and his already iconic bouncy mop of chocolate hair and you've got yourself an adorable and unique young star.
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#14 Posted : 04 April 2017 12:36:20(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"Please, call me Anniken." She said, making eye contact with Reuben while giving him a firm shake. She nodded the receptionist away when he turned down the refreshments​. "Oh, good then." Anniken took a few step backwards to her seat and slowly sat down, listening to Reuben as he spoke. His broken English didn't bother her at all, she's worked with plenty of talents that started out knowing little to no English, some of them who still speak in broken English even after all these years. To some, it meant a lot to not completely uproot themselves and be encouraged to speak their native tongue and so Anniken never minded having to work her way around it. Seeing Reuben in person made it so clear why he had became a star overnight after being fired from Nickelodeon: he was just so adorable and precious, you couldn't help but want to love and defend him through anything. "No problem. Really. We're all about support here at the Dahlhouse, even for friends outside of our walls. It's something you can always expect from us."

Anniken rolled her chair closer to the large table between them, taking a deep breath. "Lets get to it then, yes? Reuben Rodriguez, I would like to have you sign on as an act of the Dahlhouse. I really feel like you'd bring something unique to our roster and I know we'd bring something fresh to your career, which is exactly what you need after everything that's happened. What are your thoughts?" Anniken was never one to beat around the bush, she always got straight to the point and gave her points straight.

Edited by user 04 April 2017 12:37:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline BrownSugar  
#15 Posted : 04 April 2017 13:13:55(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Reuben has the entire package and with a little confidence boost, he really could grab 2017 by the balls and own it. Aside from already looking like a teenage heartthrob, he also has the talents to back it up as well as a personality that makes him so easy to warm to. Jealousy was a major reason behind his rocky relationship with the only other male actor on his Nickelodeon show. Reuben just has that certain star quality which the lead actor ironically lacked. He just has to walk into a room and Reuben lights it up and turns heads. Lots of places have been trying to snap him up but he's been most interested in Dahlhouse. They have such an eclectic roster and he believes they will nurture his talents but he has reservations.

Sitting down on the chair opposite the desk from Anniken, he listens carefully to what she is saying. This is such a crucial moment - one that could potentially change his entire career. He doesn't want there to be any confusion whatsoever. "Thank you very much, Mrs...uh..sorry, Anniken. I have something say though before I make decision." He looks at Anniken and collects his thoughts, thinking carefully about what he wants to say. Not only is he battling nerves and a slight language barrier, he is fearful that he may come across as rather pushy and cocky when informing her of his plans and what he requires from her should he sign. He doesn't wish to seem like a diva. Reuben is a very gentle soul and he often struggles when attempting to be taken seriously. "I...have many plan for my career. I am known for being actor but I want to do many more things. One of my idols is Miss Jennifer Lopez. She...she very successful Latina who does it all. I hope to do a lot too. I am make some music right now and would like to try many different things. I like being creative and trying it all. I would like to be at a place who support that and not try to...uh....put inside..uh..." Reuben starts to draw an imaginary box with his fingers. He isn't really sure of the phrase but it's clear that he's trying to say that he doesn't wish to be put inside a box and limited to what he can do. He wants a team behind him who will fully support and encourage all the different kind of endeavours he wishes to go on. Back at Nick, Reuben was very limited in what he could do outside of the show and even if he went to his old management with an idea, there would be a lot of red tape to get through.

Edited by user 04 April 2017 13:15:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#16 Posted : 05 April 2017 08:52:38(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Hearing that Reuben wanted to do more with his career than just act made her smile. There was nothing Anniken loved more than a multifaceted talent who was determined to put in the extra work and showcase every skill they have. It was now more than clear that Reuben held the same goals as herself, any thought that this meeting wasn't going to go anywhere immediately leaving the room. "Oh sweetie, the last thing I'd ever do is put a versatile act in a box. You really have picked the right management company to show interest in, the backbone of this business was and still is the fact that I've always been so open to manage a singer, writer, actor, and professional chainsaw juggler all in one. You could say it's my specialty. I really do think we'd work well together. As long as you understand that there are sacrifices you'd have to make." Anniken sat back a bit in her chair. "Well Reuben, I'm already set on what I want to do, it's all you now. Feel free to ask any question that comes to mind, I want you to be as informed as possible before making any decision."
Offline BrownSugar  
#17 Posted : 05 April 2017 09:34:41(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"I understand there be sacrifices like with any deal. I know that there be compromise and I not have much time myself. I be working for others and in contract." Reuben pulls the sleeves over his hands again and nervously fondles around with the material as he listens to Anniken. As much as he loves all of the information that he is hearing, it is almost sounding too good to be true. His time at Nickelodeon and with his old management company was so manipulated and controlled. Even after breaking free from them and meeting up with other agencies, they still wanted to shape him or only focus on one particular area of his aspirations. From offering him English lessons to only really caring about his potential pop star status, most of the offers being thrown his way didn't sit right with him. He just wants to be Reuben - an entertainer.

When Anniken gives him a chance to air his thoughts, Reuben clears his throat and takes his time with his reply, trying to get on a steady train of thought. He might be killing his chances by highlighting some of his flaws but he'd rather lay it all out on the table right now and be turned away rather than inking a deal only for issues to arise further down the line that he can't escape from due to a legally binding contract. "You already know I have strong accent and English is not quite uh...100%. You might not know that I am slight deaf, though." Reuben turns and points to his right ear, highlighting his hearing aid. "I get told that accent and slight deaf is not easy to...uh...to market and sell. I worry I sign but not get much work because of those things...and only waste your time and money, Mrs...uh, Anniken." It's clear that poor Reuben has suffered from a lot of setbacks and rejection simply due to things out of his control. In the mainstream media, his thick accent is not going to sit well with a lot of people and his deafness is seen as a disability. In a fickle showbiz world which requires "perfection", he doesn't make the cut despite having the looks and talent.
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#18 Posted : 06 April 2017 05:19:38(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"Just making sure. People with more than one talent tend to forget they're only one person. There's always gonna come a time where you have to choose, and I'll be the one to make that decision for you. You have to be okay with that and trust me." The hardest part of Anniken's job was having to deal with impatient acts who wanted to record an album today, get a major acting role tomorrow and cover vogue by the end of the week. It just didn't work that way and it was always hard for them to accept that. Most of the tension Anniken had with the people she managed stemmed from this scenario alone.

Though Reuben might've felt like he was killing his chances at selling himself as an easy talent to manage, Anniken appreciated that he was being upfront about all of the pros and cons that might come with signing him. She absolutely couldn't stand finding out something important later down the road, usually because it would only be discovered after something went terribly wrong. Anniken listens closely to Reuben, taking in everything he's revealing to her. " Oh.. I had no idea you were partially deaf." A lie she probably didn't need to tell but did anyway. Anniken assumed it was always much more assuring for someone to feel like they informed her themselves about something rather than admit to digging dirt up on their lives and careers. "I've never worked with someone under these circumstances before, but it's not a deal breaker for me. As you should already know, about half of my roster is made up of artists who's second language is English, this isn't anything new for us at all. I only have one actor who's first language is a foreign language though, and his English is much stronger than yours. I can't say that hasn't made me question my ability to be able to find roles that'll do you justice. I've watched your acting reel and.. it's exactly what I'd expect from.. Nickelodeon." Anniken cleared her throat, swallowing the shade away. "But I don't just find talents, I refine them. We have plenty of opportunities for you here to improve. In the meantime, I've envisioned relying a lot more on your visuals, maybe get you as the face of a campaign, land a commercial, strengthen your presence on social media, those sort of things. Just remember that it's never your fault if you're not getting booked, it's mine. I can't call myself a manager if I can't properly manage your career. Between your designated agent and I, there's no way we won't be able to work around any setbacks."
Offline BrownSugar  
#19 Posted : 06 April 2017 06:42:44(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Reuben's acting reel isn't really much to judge his talents on. He can definitely act and outshines many of his fellow young Nickelodeon and Disney actors but it's not exactly challenging. Playing a cuddly Puerto Rican singer on the show did not require much from him. Before his breakout role, Reuben only appeared in a handful of commercials as a kid and teen, all of which only aired in Spanish speaking countries. Whether he can REALLY act or not is still up for question. It's not like anyone associates him with Oscar-worthy performances. "Yes, I know that my past work is not...uh..groundbreaking but I like try more things!" Reuben says with a smile and a little blush, almost as if he's embarrassed by his association with a tween show already. Despite being all cuddly, adorable and innocent, it's evident that Reuben has a lot of drive and determination. He's suffered a lot of setbacks in his career yet he still made it onto a Nickelodeon show. He was not presented with many opportunities back home so he came to America to chase his dreams. When he was fired, he got straight back out there and started looking for work again, placing him right here in front of Anniken. It's pretty clear that this guy is a hard worker and really wants this. For such a sweet guy, he also has hell of a backbone to still be pushing ahead after everything he's endured.

Hearing Anniken say that she wishes to focus more on his visuals and slowly rebuild him is a breath of fresh air. As much as he loves acting,
the last thing he wants to do is jump into another role and adopt another character for whatever length of time. He'd like to actually focus on people getting to know "Reuben" - developing an attachment to him as well as clearing his name after the Nick scandal. Many people still don't know exactly who he is and with all the buzz going around, it's the perfect time to capitalise on it. "I like plans you have!" Reuben flashes a pearly white smile before continuing, "Anniken...I think that I have made my mind up and made decision. You seem to understand me most out of all people I have meeting with...and your plans, they really..uh..they very similar to my own. I think...no...I know that Dahlhouse is place I like be!" Reuben smiles ear to ear, feeling like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders. Although he hasn't officially signed anything yet, he's pretty much sealed the deal and found a new home. After sitting in many meetings where outrageous things have been suggested to him like being told to adopt a faux American accent to being asked if he's interested in doing porn, it's refreshing to find someone on the same page as him.
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#20 Posted : 11 April 2017 04:35:12(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

For Anniken, it was a new week new mission. She found herself sitting in the meeting room once again, waiting for yet another possible signee. This time it was Mariko Kobayashi, someone she already knew casually. You could say they had history, the Japanese singer technically having a tad bit of bad blood with not 1 but 2 people that Anniken already managed, NIna Tarantino and Yasmine Kiambang. Anniken had always personally adored Mariko though, even when she was just Erica's sister dropping random songs. Like she stated in her previous interview, Mariko was one of, if not Anniken's favorite artist out. Despite the fact that she probably has less songs than Jesse James has fingers, there was just something beautifully haunting about Mariko's material and Anniken had always wanted to hear more from her. After hearing that she had decided to become a "conventional" star, Anniken didn't break her neck running at the opportunity like she had wanted, waiting for Mariko Kobayashi to come to her. That plan didn't work though, the only reason either of them were meeting today being that Anniken namedropped her on live television.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 11/04/2017(UTC)