logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 02 February 2016 07:59:01(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Don't Fight It
Label: Five Pesky Kids Records
Genre: R&B, PBR&B
Lenght: 3:38
Writer(s): Alex Grey, Naomi White
Producer(s): Sunny Monroe
Released: February 1st 2016

"Don't Fight It" is fourteenth official single from American-British R&B, Pop girl group SYNCO and serves as the lead single from their untitled fourth album the song was written by group members Alex Grey and Naomi White who are the main writers behind many of the girls' singles the track was produced by well known writer/producer Sunny Monroe who has worked with some of the best artists in the music business working with acts that range from music newcomer BANKS, to indie-pop superstar Pixie, and even the "queen" of pop Isabel

The girls started writing the song together after their recent third album "Our World" was released the original lyrics were completely different as the song was almost another break up song they showed it to Sunny Monroe after getting into contact with her they had discussed possible sounds for the song which went on for a little while before they finally settled on a sound the girls fell in love with however after hearing the instrumental Sunny had played for them they decided to change up the lyrics and have it serve as more of a warning song rather than a break up song after hearing the final product the girls fell in love with it and knew it had to be the lead

Lyrics: the lyrics of the song written by Naomi White and Alex are different from the girls' previous lyrics which focus on love, break ups, or the love yourself anthems they usually release this is more of a seductive warning song in a way the girls portray theirselves as the antagonists of the song singing about seducing someone only to break their heart later the girls seem to get a kick out of it as well according to the lyrics in which they lure the person in singing "Take your soul in my hands/I'll show you things you've never seen" Layla then adds "But don't get too attached" giving the victim a warning before Naomi continues with "'Cause when the leaves are done, and the snow falls/I will Leave" which basically means she'd get this person attached but by the end of the season she'd leave them there heartbroken the lyrics are done rather well there are a few lower points like the Bridge and the chorus can get slightly repetitive after awhile but they make up for this with the verses and pre-chorus which are catchy, seductive, and alluring Naomi and Alex are two of the better writers from SYNCO with Alex being arguably the best so it's no surprise that this song is good lyrically again it's not perfect but the higher points like in the second verse or in the bridge definitely make up for it

Production: Production wise this song is completely different from anything we've heard SYNCO release this track is darker, edgier and just better than their usual music production wise this song has a sort of edge that the girls just weren't bringing before that was very much needed as they've been trying to release more mature music with production that can be compared to their debut album "High Speed" however this time the girls decided to work with a new producer Sunny Monroe who definitely helped them out a lot here giving a more mature sound compared to most of their previous singles with the exception of a few like "Whatever You Like" or "Love Me Right" but even if you compare this to those two songs which are probably two of the best production wise this song is still better with smoother mellow modern urban sounds playing throughout it this song has very few low points production wise Sunny definitely knew what she was doing when she gave this over to the girls and hopefully we hear more Sunny Monroe produced tracks on the album because this is one of SYNCO's stand out singles

Vocals: Vocally the girls done an amazing job Alex who opens the song starts it out with her deep husky vocals layering over the smooth R&B track perfectly as she kicks off the seductive track really pulling the listeners in with her equally seductive vocals we then hear Layla who shows us a new side to her more unique raspy voice giving us a listen to her deeper register which she's never really shown before her deeper more unique vocals now layering over the track just as well as Alex's which is actually shocking and I say this because Layla is more known for their more upbeat pop songs it's actually very surprising to hear Layla in a more sexy and seductive way rather than her usual higher register cutesy style that usually throws the listener off in R&B songs however Layla seems to fit the track perfectly here that is until Naomi comes in taking the pre-chorus giving us a sort of confidence that really ties the song together in a way even though it's only for a short part during the pre-chorus after this we hear the girls all come in giving us a deeper smoother harmony than they usually would with Naomi and Alex taking the lower parts of the Harmony, Jamie taking the middle, and Layla and Nicole taking the higher parts however the girls' harmonies here are tighter than usual we do hear Naomi's voice a bit more though despite her taking the lower parts of the harmony after that we hear Naomi come in once again this time delivering a nearly full verse showing us that sass and confidence the song lacked a bit in the first verse she is accompanied by Layla in the verse who sings now in her higher register however she manages to find a sort of balance between cute and sexy here with her unique vocals before Naomi comes back in finishing the verse with her more smooth deep urban styled vocals Nicole then takes the pre-chorus which she delivers well but not really as well as Naomi did the two girls have very different voices and styles of singing though and this track is targeted more towards Naomi's deeper smoother vocals than Nicole's higher usually more powerful vocals which she doesn't really get the chance to show off here Nicole tried to bring the confidence that we hear from Naomi earlier however she sort of fails we then hear the girls come in for the chorus once again and not much changes despite a few ad-libs here and there from some we then hear Jamie come in though who is definitely up there with Naomi as Jamie takes the bridge she sings in a more laid back style not really showing off her vocals too much here however she still manages to bring in this seductive style that the song needs and she manages to bring that perfectly truly capturing it as she sings in an almost falsetto style as she draws in the listener the girls do the chorus once more with a few incredible ad-libs by Jamie and Layla before the song comes to an end now the standout vocalist here is easily Naomi with Jamie coming in a close second and Layla showing off her improved sexier vocals grabs that third spot however all of the girls definitely did do a great job here vocally

Overall: With good lyrics, amazing production and great vocals to tie it all together this is definitely one of SYNCO's best songs to date and if this is anything to go by then their upcoming fourth album may just be their best one yet it's definitely something to look forward to I don't think this song will do as well on the charts as some of their other music though as this is a new sound for them and there's no telling how their fans will take to that but I could be absolutely wrong and this could go straight to that #1 spot I guess we'll just have to wait and see now

Layla
Alex
Nicole
Jamie
Naomi
All

Not long now till you succumb
And when you fall I'll be gone

You can be my summer love
But by fall I'm done
I don't care if you're left hurting

I'm poison come and get a taste (hey)
Better keep your heart cause when I play I play for keeps (Hey)

Don't you fight it, don't deny it
I'll show you how I do it
Learned the game I've been through it, through it
Don't you fight it, be ready
Ready for me

Take your soul in my hand
I'll show you things you've never seen

But don't get too attached
Cause when the leaves are done and the snow falls
I will leave

I'm poison come and get a taste (hey)
Better keep your heart cause when I play I play for keeps (Hey)

Ready for me
Don't fight it
Don't fight it
Ready for me

Come in close, come in close
Breathe in slow, breathe in slo-o-ow
Give your whole, give your whole
Give your soul, give your soul

Ready for me
Don't fight it
Don't fight it
Don't fight it...
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
kandii on 02/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 02/02/2016(UTC), erich hess on 02/02/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 02/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 02/02/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/02/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 03/02/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 05/02/2016(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#2 Posted : 03 February 2016 23:22:10(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: Yaaaaas, I loove this song! It's a amazing song, and different from what we used to hear from you guys! And, that's a good thing! To have a successful career, you need to change your sound sometimes and you guys have done it flawlessly! This new sound suits you guys! Great work!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 04/02/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 03 February 2016 23:55:51(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: this is what I tell Chloe when I'm trying to have really awkward drunk sex with her.

Chloe: I'm sorry, but I can't take your advAnces seriously when you are licking my elbow.

Erica: elbow?! No wonder.I just thought you had rreeeeaAly firm...well,never mind what I thought.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 04 February 2016 15:19:55(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: Yaaaaas, I loove this song! It's a amazing song, and different from what we used to hear from you guys! And, that's a good thing! To have a successful career, you need to change your sound sometimes and you guys have done it flawlessly! This new sound suits you guys! Great work!

Layla: Aww thanks so much Cosma I love the way that you slayed on AMD I'm so so so so happy that you really like the song and yes change is always a great thing I'm glad that you really like it thank you so much again :)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: this is what I tell Chloe when I'm trying to have really awkward drunk sex with her.

Chloe: I'm sorry, but I can't take your advAnces seriously when you are licking my elbow.

Erica: elbow?! No wonder.I just thought you had rreeeeaAly firm...well,never mind what I thought.

Naomi: Ahh it seems like just yesterday you were getting mad at us for singing about sex but here we are now Erica good luck in your drunk quests babe and thanks for checking out the song
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#5 Posted : 04 February 2016 15:46:45(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Joziah: Everything fell into place with this track and I love it. You guys can mix up your style and pull it off flawlessly.
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 1 user thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#6 Posted : 05 February 2016 11:04:53(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Clampdown Go to Quoted Post
Joziah: Everything fell into place with this track and I love it. You guys can mix up your style and pull it off flawlessly.

Alex: Thanks Joziah I'm really glad you like this track and the new style we've been wanting to do something different like this for a little while now again I'm glad that you like it thanks for checking it out (:
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Clampdown on 05/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 07 February 2016 02:48:51(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Queen Alexis: This is pretty good. I like the mature direction and production. However the song is a bit monotone and boring after about the first verse but I think this has potential to be one of your better songs. I dare to say I like where this is going. ;P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 07/02/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#8 Posted : 09 February 2016 12:01:57(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Queen Alexis: This is pretty good. I like the mature direction and production. However the song is a bit monotone and boring after about the first verse but I think this has potential to be one of your better songs. I dare to say I like where this is going. ;P

Nicole: Thank you so much Alexis I'm glad that you took the time out to listen to the new single and I'm glad you enjoyed it and can see the more mature sound we were going for here Sunny really did do an incredible job with the production and was a dream to work with thanks again for checking out the single God bless :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage