logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DistortedAudio  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2016 03:51:18(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Pop music is a vast, unloving beast that has eaten up many potential singers and musicians before they’ve even begun to hit their peaks. The surprise for this single is mostly due to the status of the person behind it, a veteran within the dream-pop scene and a mainstay within the punk scene, former Book of Love drummer/vocalist and current noose drummer/vocalist Lauren Paige under the name of LAUREN.

LAUREN approaches the track, aptly titled anxiety, with a focus on energetic catharsis. It feels like a breakdown in motion, but one that’s well deserved and gives listeners a better look inside the mind’s eye of a musician who has been jumping around scene for the past half-decade.

“I swear to god I’m losing it! Maybe this year I’ll be fit!” Paige shouts through what we imagine to be clenched fists. The track is filled with a palpable anger that is churned into a pop-star dress. When this track was emailed around press circles, it was noted as punk-pop and if this is the shape that pop has to come, then we should probably get prepared.

Edited by user 26 February 2016 03:53:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 6 users thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 26/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 26/02/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/02/2016(UTC), erich hess on 26/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 17/05/2016(UTC), kandii on 17/05/2016(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#2 Posted : 17 May 2016 05:33:11(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
UserPostedImage

“If I were to be honest, I think that everything that I make is the shape of something to come. The shape of pop to come Pitchfork said, sure, fuck it, I don’t really care. If people think this is how music is going to be, then shit yeah. Let’s kick out the jams.”
Lauren Paige

Lauren Paige is the drummer for Noose and was formerly the drummer for AATW winners, Book of Love. She was at one point described as the quintessential drummer in indie rock, and now she’s doing something quite different from her original intentions. She’s at one breath, abrasive in Noose, but she’s also doing something aggressively beautiful as LVRVN.

On her decision on taking a more pop-oriented direction with her art:

“I like a lot of the music that’s out right now. The rest of Noose hates most of it, but I like a lot of it, usually in a sort of shallow way though. I don't think there's anything wrong with just appreciating melodies or beats or voices, but I do think that's a bit shallow. Like Miki or Isabel or anyone like that, I don't quite think they have depth in their music but I enjoy it for the sounds and that's fine. I think there’s no real feeling of...well...anxiety there. Everyone is so cock-sure and wants to be a perfect role model. I guess if I was to ever become a popstar, I’d be flawed, but in a way of me being really sure of myself sometimes and some days I get up and don’t want to get out of bed. I don’t think any pop music approaches depression in a way that I enjoy, or anxiety, or feeling inadequate and I think that’s what I want to do. Show the flaws. I think that a lot of pop music empowers women in a way that I like, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it's meant to empower 'me', y'know? Maybe you don't. I hope I this doesn't sound aimless~ I hope people enjoy it.”

“Anxiety” takes aim at these flaws and explores them, with mood swings a plenty.

i feel a great loneliness
within moving crowds
sometimes i’m content at best
sometimes i feel made to rest
i’m tired, fired
on my way to being expired
oh my, that’s quite dire
but bump off, i’m no liar
i’m
just
tired

i’m seeking sleep
in all the wrong places
i’m seeking pleasure
in all the wrong places
and don’t tell me
my mistakes

i wake up in utero
what, don’t look at me!
i’m firing verbal arrows
i swear to god i’m losing it
maybe this year i’ll be fit
my gender should be blender-ready
done worrying about being hired
i’m just
so
tired

i’m seeking el dorado
i’m all the right places
i’m seeking shangri-la
in all the right places
and don’t tell me
i’m wrong

i can feel your hostility
it’s not too serious
got nothing to do with i
next time i’ll try to magnify
or lie back and just die
i’m not that negative
i’d live and let live
But I’m just
fucking
tired

maybe one day
i’ll find my way
look inside and say
“hey everything is ok!”
oh yeah i’d love it

nah fuck it
haha yeah
fuck that

i’m seeking anxiety
in your place!
i’m seeking depression
in your place!
i’m i’m i’m i’m
i’m i’m i’m i’m
i’m
i;m
i am i am
laura is, laura is, laura ia
LAUREN IS, LAUREN IS, LAUREN IS
OK. thanks for asking

haha yeah

inspiration.

also this.

Edited by user 17 May 2016 05:38:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 5 users thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 17/05/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 17/05/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 17/05/2016(UTC), erich hess on 17/05/2016(UTC), kandii on 17/05/2016(UTC)