logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 08 February 2016 05:31:07(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage

EP Title: The Arrival
Release Date: February 15th, 2016
Label: Independent (Halfcut Records)
Recorded: 2015-2016
Genre: Rap rock, Alternative rap, Australian Hip-Hop
Producers: Mike Elizondo, Emile Haynie, M-Phazes, Adit Gauchan

The Arrival is the official debut EP by Australian rapper and musician, Dale Dunn. The EP will be available for download and streaming on February 8th, 2016 for just 2.99 and will be released independently with distribution from Halfcut Records. The EP serves as a debut project from the Mount Druitt born rapper in hopes of catching the attention of record labels alike as he introduces himself into the industry in 2016 with much to say. Dale, who was born in the crime driven New South Wales, Australia suburb of Mount Druitt looks to finally make his big break and change his life around after striving to become famous for years. Growing up in impoverished home, the 23 year old hasn't had the easiest upbringing and used rapping and lyricism as a way to escape the hardships going on behind closed doors; some of these experiences that still haunt him until this very day. Although 'The Arrival' serves as just an introduction, a lot can be learned about the aussie just by listening to the EP. "At 23 years old I seen so much shit that has fucked up my head then many people have probably seen in a lifetime, but that shit has made me a strong bloke. Growing up on the back blocks ...seeing death, dealing with the struggle got me hungrier than ever, I been through a lot of shit but I'm ready to make it and turn shit around for my family. I got my arse to work because I got sick of being poor and being a fuck up, got sick of my mother struggling to pay the bills, tired of... just making it. It was time for me to apply something and I never been good at anything accept for getting on that mic rapping, so here's my arrival. "

Dale has been on the independent rap scene since 2013 despite beginning to write lyrics and raps after flunking out of secondary school years prior. After trying to get his footing on the rap scene, he began performing at small rap events around Australia. However, Dunn didn't make any type of impact especially in his home country where hip hop music is scarce, and essentially cult followed. It would be almost a miracle if someone from Australia got discovered, in Australia. After getting sick of the trial and tribulation of being a rapper in Australia, Dunn decided to save up his money, pack his bags and take and extended stay in Great Britain where opportunities were sure to come. With very little money left to his name Dale used what he had to settle studio sessions and bring in his longtime friend and producer from Australia, Sean Mckinney to record a demo. After the demo (Entitled "The Back Blocks") was recorded, Dale sent out the demo to numerous outlets and even used social media as a networking platform to get opportunities. A year later, Dale was contacted by NYC's Crush Music Management who were interested in managing the rapper. He flew out to New York City, had a meeting with the big wigs of the management company and signed on as apart of their management, who would be sure to help the musician really break into the industry when the time was right.

In early 2015 after inking just a management deal with Crush, Dale used the resources to start recording his first EP which we now know as "The Arrival". With just six tracks Dale wanted to use the EP as a platform for people to get to know him, his sound and his lyricism not to mention his versatility as an artist. The EP was finalized in December of 2015 with the recording of the EP's official upcoming single "Razor Blades and Pills" being the very last song worked on after a last minute collaboration add in. After the record was recorded, Dale's manager felt that a male vocalist would be best on the record and someone well known too, so the record could have a crossover appeal. After much deliberation, they came up with the idea of Austin Nimmo being on the song. After the pop star was contacted and surprisingly accepted to collaborate with a relatively unknown rapper, Dale wasn't exactly a fan of the idea. However, when the song was recorded and finalized he realized he shouldn't have judged the act before hearing them on the song: "When I first heard they wanted me to work with the Nimmo guy I said, holy fuck why? I didn't sign that dotted line to become a pop puppet. At one point I was gonna say fuck this shit, I'm out but the problem was, was that I started judging and talking before actually listening and giving the bloke a chance. You know, we both are from Australia and everything that's why I think he decided to do the song but when everything was set and done and I heard him on the finished product and I was like oh, this really does sound fucking rad and this bloke is actually good at what he does. Its out of his comfort zone but he kills it. He was a good asset"

Aside from just one vocal collaboration from Austin Nimmo, production collaborators include Mike Elizondo, Emile Haynie, M-Phazes, Adit Gauchan with Dale Dunn given creative control over the project as he wanted to oversee the project as a whole. "The Arrival" offers the concoction of Rap rock, Alternative rap, Australian Hip-Hop with the offering of hardhitting and deep lyrics that move through the topics of depression, drug use, death, poverty, heartbreak, among others; and just with six tracks a lot of learned from the 23 year old rapper who is introducing a sound that some of the worlds most renown and sought after rappers do not posses, but he does. And fortunately, Dale Dunn is just getting started with "The Arrival"

SINGLES

On February 7th, 2016 "Razor Blades and Pills" was announced as the first single to be released from the E.P and marked as Dale Dunn's official debut single. The haunting and deep record also features vocals from Australian pop sensation, Austin Nimmo.

UserPostedImage
Release Date: February 8th, 2016
Airplay Charts: TBA
Digital Charts: TBA

TRACKLISTING

1. WATCH ME GO

2. HOME

3. END THIS WAY

4. ONE CHOICE

5. AFTER THE STORM

6. RAZOR BLADES AND PILLS (FEAT. AUSTIN NIMMO)

Edited by user 25 May 2016 00:15:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 11 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 08/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 08/02/2016(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 08/02/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/02/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 08/02/2016(UTC), erich hess on 08/02/2016(UTC), kandii on 08/02/2016(UTC), Clampdown on 08/02/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 08/02/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 08/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 08 February 2016 07:38:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Note: Please do not rush to just listen to the sound alike, read the lyrics and absorb them :P I've written the lyrics to specifically fit Dale as a character so I want people to get to know him through his lyrics as opposed to just having the lyrics be overlooked for a sound alike. So if you could, Thanks :)

TRACK ONE - WATCH ME GO

UserPostedImage

Title: Watch Me Go
Length: 4:30
Genre: Australian Hip Hop, Rap
Songwriters: Dale Dunn
Producers: M-Phazes

The very first track to come from "The Arrival" EP by Dale Dunn is the hardhitting "Watch Me Go". The record is the opening track and the initial intro to Dale's EP and the first song for the rapper himself bringing himself onto the rap, and he doesn't disappoint. Watch Me Go is essentially the perfect opening track for this E.P and is a astute slice of Australian Hip Hop fused with alternative rap. The record opens up with quick paced keyboards notes and then breaks into a hip hop break down and backing beat, where Dale doesn't waste any seconds before breaking onto the record with an agile, yet husky rap flow.
He voice is rather deep but when he raps, he flows relaxed for this track as he reminisces about life and essentially tells his listeners to get ready to watch him go. The nostalgic record gives look at Dale's life as he raps about failing the ninth grade and playing the dangerous game of life as he pushes through trial and tribulaton. You can slightly hear his Australian accent over the beats but the 23 year old sounds at home when rapping over the minimal production that just includes pound/clap beats that ride into the chorus that has a light, soulful but harditting beat where Dale tells us to get ready to watch him go.

I'm a sporadic addict, at takin' pain killers
I gotta spaz attack with the pen, its how my brain simmers
Aw man do not began to understand
This shit stain I will leave on the underwear of life
Remember that saying? Where there is thunder there is light?
That hunger to get back up and wanna continue to fight
I've been in the fight 4 rounds, only 8 more till I reach that light
At the end of the tunnel, continue to run and then huddle

Come on this is bad man business
Call me Dunn the great, Ill leave you headless
Yess, deplete your health back to zero
Its ya own fault fam you tried to play the hero
You should have known, that's the only role for me bro
I'm the only star in this reality show
You have to be ready and get set to watch me go

Heads throbbing from the swelling in my brain
Swirling, empty thoughts are all that remain
Bound by these chains I feel the rain, the pain
But without the pain there ain't no gain
So I'ma keep score in this dangerous game
And if I lose you're the one to blame
So keep an eye out, I'll keep you in sight
Trust my gut to tell me what's going right

Call me Dunn the great, I'll leave you headless
Yes, deplete your health back to zero

Strategically put together a plan, academically out smart their ass man
I failed the 9th grade though, all I know how to do is flow
Going wrong I'll turn, stand my ground and fight
Goes against the wind when airplanes take flight
So I'll fight against normality with all my might
Dare to be a little different knowing it's alright

Call me Dunn the great, I'll leave you headless
Yes, deplete your health back to zero

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Welat65 on 08/02/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 08/02/2016(UTC), Clampdown on 08/02/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/02/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 08/02/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 08/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 09/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 08 February 2016 07:51:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Note: Please do not rush to just listen to the sound alike, read the lyrics and absorb them :P I've written the lyrics to specifically fit Dale as a character so I want people to get to know him through his lyrics as opposed to just having the lyrics be overlooked for a sound alike. So if you could, Thanks :)

TRACK TWO - HOME

UserPostedImage

Title: Home
Length: 4:35
Genre: Rap, Downbeat, Hip-hop
Producers: M-Phazes

The next track from the EP is entitled "Home". Home is the second track that is taken from the Arrival EP and follows the EP opener and hard hitting "Watch Me Go". As the second track, Home serves as a wonderful purpose. It reintroduces to the genre of downbeat, fused with vulnerable lyrics and a chilled backing beat. Here it seems that less is more, and less than overproduced hip hop record gives listeners the utmost chance to absorb Dale's lyrics about a loved one who he wishes would just come back home so they can sit back and enjoy the gits of life together like smoking and spending time together.
The record begins with a slow, relaxed beat that brings us to the initial beat of the record where Dale starts rapping. Here, his rapping is relaxed and mixes perfectly with the slow paced hip-hop vibes backing beat. By the time he gets to the pre-hook, the harder beat follows over his faster driven flow of rapping until he gets to the chorus where he speaks the words in a harmony. The track is clearly about a girl who he misses dearly and wants to be with, showing a vulnerable side to this new rapper. In the record, closer to the end, it seems as if he found the lost one but in the end, uses word play to explain that it was all just a drea.

Well I haven't seen you in more than months
And we haven't talked since just that once
And I'd just rather see you around
Than anyone I know
Cuz I've been forced to settle for second best
And it's not the same since you left
At least not for me
Cuz I'd rather have my heart beat fast
And walk around with my legs shaking bad
And keep the nervous eye contact
Cuz it let me know what I still had

And I think you should come back home
And I wanna try this on my own
And I'm always hoping to see your name on my phone
And I wish you would come back home
Outside your boundaries is where I'll roam
Until I hear your voice and tone
Cuz you're the only place that feels like home
Cuz I'd rather fall into you again

I'd rather fall into you again

I would take you through my perfect night
But I wonder if it's even worth the time
Cuz playing for you is like playing for deaf and blind
And when I've packed this bowl just for two
Know I'd rather be smoking it with you
Cuz I miss you
And I'd give up so much just to have you around
And I'd trade all the voices just to hear your sound
Your presence alone keep my feet on the ground
While the way that you stare puts my head in the clouds

I'll call you up and you'll come back home
We'll blaze all night and stay in the right mind
We'll talk about our freshman year
And you'll agree you wanted me here
And just like that you disappear
And I'm back to just wanting you here
Cuz the worst part of waking up from the dream
Is realizing it's only make believe

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Welat65 on 08/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/02/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 08/02/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 08/02/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 08/02/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 08/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 09/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 08 February 2016 08:56:13(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK THREE - END THIS WAY

UserPostedImage

Title: End This Way
Length: 3:45
Genre: Alternative Rap, Rap-rock
Producers: Alex Kickdrum

The third track on The Arrival EP is the dark "End This Way". This record picks up the energy of the previous record that was relatively laid back. Following the calm and collective, vulnerable previous track End This Way picks up the heat from the very second that it starts. From the very start a pulsating backing beat is heard from the very first few seconds of the record. Aided over the pounding backing beat is drums that pound over them, giving the record more of catchy feel and especially more bass. After 30 seconds of the repetitive and catchy beats Dale is heard. He starts off the record, dragging his words out almost as if he is singing, but not full out singing, It's a speaking "harmony" that he does exceptionally well since he is essentially not a full out singer.
After the the first few lines, the rapper then brings out his fiery flow out of nowhere as he raps about letting go, and realizing he was wrong in a situation thathe doesn't exactly let be known until the second verse of his rapping. He then opens up a bit more adding in the lines: |I wish I could’ve had you, and we could be something.|But now I know for sure, it takes more than caring for someone.] Making it obvious that he is singing about someone who he regrets losing but has yet to own up to this wrong doings and is realizing his wrong doings now. Out of nowhere, we are introduced to the chorus that gives us an alternative ride that includes guitars, drums and the hip hop backing beat that gives us the perfect concoction of rap and rock music. Over the chorus, Dale yells out: It can’t end this way. Now what am I supposed to say?|All I can do is pray.] In true rock star nature over the guitar and drums until the chorus rides out and we are brought to the next verse.

Here it goes again, I wrote another rhyme
Cause I feel this is the time, to confess to all my crimes
I’m dropping all my dimes, Because unlike what it seems
I was lost in my dreams, in my own fantasies
This time the villain was me

I wish I could’ve had you, and we could be something.
But now I know for sure, it takes more than caring for someone.
And it sucks, cause I can only blame myself.
For going inside a shell.
And now I’m flying through hell.

It can’t end this way.
Now what am I supposed to say?
All I can do is pray.
It won’t end this way.
It can’t end this way.
All I can do is pray.
It won’t end this way.

It’s like I’m walking through the valley of the shadow of death.
And the devil himself has a noose tied onto my neck.
And it gets tighter and tighter every time we take a step.
And it’ll loosen when I reveal to you the feelings I kept.
I don’t know, I’m young, so it was probably dumb.
To believe that an angel like you could really have been the one.
Who would make me face my sins and then make me atone.
And would remind me in this dark world, I was not alone.

Not sure what to do without you, now I feel lost.
I’m living my life, but its like it came with a cost.
Don’t know what to do now, my dream is done.
Now it's dead, took like a head-shot from a gun.

It can’t end this way.
All I can do is pray.
It won’t end this way.
It can’t end this way.
All I can do is pray.
It won’t end this way.

It became faceless.
So I would never face it.
And never re-create it.
Because now it's dangerous.
My world became heinous.
While I’m stuck in the grayness.

It can’t end this way.
All I can do is pray.
It won’t end this way.
It can’t end this way.
All I can do is pray.
It won’t end this way.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 08/02/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 08/02/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 08/02/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 08/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 09/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 28/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 15 February 2016 03:31:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK FOUR - END THIS WAY

UserPostedImage

Title: One Choice
Length: 3:20
Genre: Alternative Rap, R&B
Producers: Mike Elizondo

The forth track taken from the "Arrival" EP is entitled "One Choice". With One Choice, Dale Dunn takes us on another story as he has within the last three tracks of the six tracked EP. Unlike the previous track, Dale Dunn slows things down on this Mike Elizondo produced track. The initial genre of this track is Rap, but takes us down an R&B rode and could be looked at as a Rap/R&B ballad. Over the minimal urban production, Dale Dunn raps over the slow production about a female who plays mind games with him and this girl seems to have him rapped around his finger. Unlike the other tracks on the EP, Dale's rap flow over the production is relaxed and slow and it makes it very easy to understand the lyrics in which he explains the story of being played with by this antagonist and him reaching the point in time where he is tired of the games that she's playing and he's nearly reaching his brinking point. The song continues a story in which include's the antagonist getting involved with another guy. Another major component of this recod is Dale speaking of drugs and alcohol, mostly alcohol and weed as a way that this female tame's him. The slow taled Rap ballad lasts for three minutes and twenty seconds and is one of the shorter songs the E.P

So I guess I'm back where I started,
Don't even know how they bought it
Go so hard its retarded
If you want it I got it
She say she tired of lying
I say I'm tired of trying
She say she thinkin bout leavin
I don't think I believe it
But I guess that's what happens
When you so damn conceited

She gives me four shots and I take it
Minutes later I'm faded
She said the bloke she hated
Is now the one that she's dating
I punch a hole in the wall
And throw her shit in the hall
Then she gets a phone call
Its that other bloke
I lean back, try to fight it then I light a swisha
She's smiling now
Cause she knows I won't hit her

Man I'm tired of this shit
I been doing this to long
I think its time for me to quit
Pack my things and I'll be gone
Like I was never even here
Buy me a six pack of beer
And then baby I'm straight
It was worth the wait

She's crying now, I'm crying too
I'm so wasted, I don't even know what to do
Just gimme a day, Just one more day
I promise I might be okay
But wait, I'm not even done
You can't say that you won
You say you got a bloke

I don't see him
If he says he's yours
I won't believe him
You better off without us
If you go with him he's worse than most
I don't think you have a choice

Man I'm tired of this shit
I been doing this to long
I think its time for me to quit
Pack my things and I'll be gone
Like I was never even here
Buy me a six pack of beer
And then baby I'm straight
It was worth the wait

Sounds like (aside from the chorus)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 15/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 15/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 18/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 28/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 16 February 2016 07:18:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK FIVE - BEFORE THE STORM

UserPostedImage

Title: Before The Storm
Length: 3:32
Genre: Rap, Rock

After all the drugs, the beer, the abuse, and porn
There has to be a way to find freedom from this
I just hope something, someone, hears my wish

All my loved ones around me, falling to pieces
They find out I'm hurting and say, turn to Jesus
But I see them at night drinkng their problems away
They can dish out words but can't live what they say
All these hypocrites, sayin' one thing and doin' another
Is that why my dad said, don't leave him, and I only know my mother
My mom said never drink while she had one in her hand

She's drownin' in her sorrows and can't find land
She can't see that it's not just hurtin' herself
It's affectin' both of our health
She's gettin' drunk every night and her cigarrets are gettin' lit
Then when she gets home I'm the one gettin' it
She tells me I'm worthless and I just brush it off
I hear a voice sayin' she cares, but it's very soft
It's the only thing that keeps me goin'
Only thing that keeps me alive
Some people don't get food, some don't get sleep
Well I don't get love so I'm love deprived
It's the reason that every night I cry myself to sleep
And I weep and weep and I just keep goin' weak

Cuz something good has to come after the storm

Every night a city, every night a different chick
I want money and fame, I don't want this
Been taking drugs and acting famous, how I wanna be on top
Always feelin' down so I take those pills and pop
I want all the money in the world yet they say fame means nothing
But right now my own life don't mean nothing
I wanna go back to bein' an average guy

Where I can go to an event without havin' to get high
Without happiness and love, what's the point in this?
I feel like Satan leaned in and gave me a deadly kiss
Every day packin' and goin' somewhere else
My body's in bad shape and I always need help
With the liftin' and toatin' everything around
And with all the drugs
The young man inside me is nowhere to be found

TRACK SIX - RAZOR BLADES AND PILLS (FEAT. AUSTIN NIMMO)

UserPostedImage
Artists: Dale Dunn (feat. Austin Nimmo)
Title: "Razor Blades and Pills"
Release Date: February 9th, 2016
Length: 3:50
Genre: Rap-rock, alternative rap
Elements of:electronic, rock, punk and pop
From The EP: The Arrival (2016)

Razor Blades and Pills is the debut single by alternative rap musician, Dale Dunn. This single not only serves as the artists debut single but a single from Dunn's debut EP entitled "The Arrival" that will be released on February 13th, 2016. Razor Blades and Pills also contributes vocals from pop artist Austin Nimmo and is the only featured collaboration on the EP that began streaming on February 7th without prior notice of Dale's release, or much information as to who Dale was. Despite the announcement of the EP coming without any prior knowledge, Dale has already began to pick up a following as the E.P has cracked the Top 50 on itunes and the Top 20 on the itunes rap charts off of just pre-orders and the official unveiling of the E.P and it's upcoming single. Aside from Dale having early but moderate chart success, he has since picked up a following on social media as the E.P has began trending as well as Dale himself as people have been trying to familiarize themselves with the Australian Rapper. From what we know right now, Dale is a 23 year old Australian rapper that hales from Mount Druitt, New South Wales and has been trying to break out in onto the rap scene since 2013 to no avail. After sending out demos to numerous management companies in the final months of 2014, Dale heard back from Crush Management; his current management and distributors. After inking a management and partial distribution deal with the company, Dunn begin work on his "Arrival" EP that is set to be released in just a few days. Using the EP as a springboard to get his thoughts out to the public, Dale started penning tracks that reflect on his thoughts and past experiences. With just six tracks that surge through deep subjects, Dale Dunn proves that he is far from a good look, but an actual lyricists with much to say. Specifically, Dale Dunn used his resources from Crush Management to get in contact with record producer Mike Elizondo to produce a record for his new E.P for a song that he penned entitled "Razor Blades and Pills". In 2015, Dunn and Elizondo entered the studio together to create a record that can not only break boundaries but is also nostalgic and something different, as Dunn didn't want to sound like any other rappers currently in the industry.
Being a natural lover of rock, rap and hip hop music, he wanted that to reflect as one concoction in his music and especially the single. After the record was produced and recorded the original rip of the song was finalized and was sent to Crush Management without it's featured artist, yet. Even though his management were very proud of the record, they felt as if the song would be even better with a vocalist singing the chorus and pre-hook of the song to give the song an even more captivating approach. Crush suggested that pop sensation Austin Nimmo would be a great addition to the record, and at first Dale Dunn wasn't a fan of the idea until hearing Austin on the final product: "When I first heard they wanted me to work with the Nimmo guy I said, holy fuck why? I didn't sign that dotted line to become a pop puppet. At one point I was gonna say fuck this shit, I'm out but the problem was, was that I started judging and talking before actually listening and giving the bloke a chance. You know, we both are from Australia and everything that's why I think he decided to do the song but when everything was set and done and I heard him on the finished product and I was like oh, this really does sound fucking rad and this bloke is actually good at what he does. Its out of his comfort zone but he kills it. He was a good asset". In mid 2015, Austin who is also Australian went into the studio after reviewing the lyrics and laid down the vocals to the song, sending back the final thing just days later. Finally, the song was mixed and completely done by December of 2015 and officially ready for release in 2015.

It doesn't take long listening to the lyrics and production of Dale Dunn's debut record to realize that the rap-rock record possesses all the gits to the a crossover smash. Rapping about being lonely, death, alcohol abuse and losing loved ones, the record is criminally and nostalgic and captivating and could easily get you thinking from the very first two lines of the record where Dunn raps: Broken bones and fallen teeth will keep the pain away/That's what my father said to me before he passed away. The spare, slow backbeat feels dark and gloomy the first time through, but ultimately it plays a key role in making "Razor Blades and Pills" very catchy. After using metaphors to rap about the loneliness of life and key-words that his "dead" parents have said before they've passed away, that could easily push someone over the brink and into depression and out of nowhere Austin Nimmo is heard. Austin takes a break from the pop hooks and glitzy pop songs that he is known for, for a much more matured and urban sound and he absolutely shines on Razor Blades. He coos out an echoey harmonization of the lyrics (which he's best at a long with his falsetto) that explain the catalysts final thoughts before their own death in first person, as Dunn rapped about the deaths of others as if he was telling a story. Austin sings over the hip hop and drum beats with a captivating tone in which he drags it out making them sound ultimately haunting.

He doesn't stop there however, he brings out big vocals for the chorus which speaks of the alcoholism and an indecisive set of lyrics as Austin sings about wanting to be alone, but knowing that it isn't "better" that way. Over the next verses of the song, Dale Dunn brings his relaxed flow to the song as he raps about the deaths of a friend, and a brother and finally him and Austin join for the bridge and Austin brings a faced paced speaking to the lyrics, that isn't exactly rapping but isn't singing as well, but he does a good job of sound great over an alternative record despite it being out of his comfort zone. Finally, Austin brings his vocals out for the chorus and Dale joins him at the end of the now extended chorus that sounds bigger than the previous ones. Dale ends us off with speaking out the words of the pre-hook of the song before the song ends. As said by sputnik music' "Outside of its musical and thematic creativity, Razor Blades and Pills is also chockfull with lyrics that are actually crucial to the songs’s vitality. When you have a work that relies on emotional proximity, what is written on paper is equally as important as the notes being played. That’s where Dale Dunn absolutely hit the nail on the head; everything here is expressed perfectly for the given situation."

The song will be made available on February 9th, 2016

Dale Dunn
Austin Nimmo

Broken bones and fallen teeth will keep the pain away
That's what my father said to me before he passed away
See I am not a soldier no I am not strong at all
I'm trying to make sense of it but I just run into walls

Muffins, cakes and cherry pies will always keep you sane
That's what my mother said to me before she passed away
The thermostat is broken, its one fifty below
They're playing with my head and I've got no where to go

(Harmozing, echoey vocals)
Razor blades and sleeping pills will take away the pain
That's what I'll say to myself before I pass away

---

So now I'm drinking myself away
Hoping that everyone else would stay
I'm alone but it's okay
I think it's better this way
But it's not, But it's not
oh, So now I'm drinking myself away, oh
Hoping that everyone else would stay, oh
I'm alone but it's okay, oh

Sexy girls and video games will keep you happy for days
That's what a friend said to me before he passed away
See I am not broken this is maybe just a phase
Who am I kidding? I think I'm going insane

Faded nights and rock concerts will take your breath away
That's what my brother said to me before he passed away
I fell asleep forever but I feel awake
I'm just wasting time waiting for a change

I'm alone but it's okay
I'm alone but it's okay, oh

There's many reasons why these nights are cold
I've been running in circles, this is getting old
And I don't know why, no I don't know why

Echoes of my footsteps are all over this town
I've been walking for years and there's no one around
I've been walking for years and there's no one around

I'm alone but it's okay
I'm alone but it's okay

Sounds like

ALL TRACKS POSTED!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 16/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 18/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 28/02/2016(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 19 February 2016 03:09:06(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: Okay Dale, pretty much what I'm getting from you is you're a cliché. Not necessarily a bad thing but it is if its all over your music. Here's some constructive criticism, I know people tell you to just write what you feel but don't do that because chances are we'll get the same story in about 6 different tracks. I don't think it's a bad EP, pretty bland in my eyes, but it's not like amazing, you know? Yes, it's just your first body of work and all so hopefully theres room for improvement. I just hope you don't get caught in that bubble of repeatedly talking about drugs, how hard life is, etc. But good luck.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 20/05/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#8 Posted : 28 February 2016 02:03:00(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: After listening to the full EP, I feel like I know alot about your past. It's surely not everything but It gave me a little glimpse of who you are and what we can expect. I love every single song, because all of them are telling me something. I can connect with each song and actually understand it. My favorite is definitly "Home" though. I connected with it the most, and it just got me.

OOC: I'm late asf but here I am! Your lyrics is just next level to me. A level I will probably never reach. Pray I always LOVE to read your RP's, they are flawless to me tbh. Great work! I can't wait to see what you are going to do with Dale later on.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 20/05/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 20 May 2016 12:14:47(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

DALE DUNN - EMERGING ARTIST OF THE MONTH.

DIGITAL SPY: You’ve been making a hell of a lot of waves this year on the Australian music scene — how have you found 2016 so far? What’s been the highlight?
Have I? Thank you, seriously. I've just been working. Putting on the grind and staying hungry doing this thing. I've found that 2016 has been a wild year for me definitely! Lots of exciting moments and it's only just the beginning and there's a lot of other shit to come. My highlight? Has to be releasing my EP out to the public. I felt like it was my intro and I'll never forget the night where we popped it onto the internet, it was a monumental moment for me, for sure.

DIGITAL SPY: What inspired you to become an artist in the beginning and how has your journey progressed since then?
Man...I've just always had a natural love for music. Specifically rock and rap. It was like, it was meant for me to do. Back in Australia when I was younger, we didn't really have an "Australian Hip Hop scene" that we sort of have today, back then there was no such thing. I took it upon myself to start rapping and pursuing my dream. Really just started out as a rock band member with a few of my mates from school, then I completely started looking up to Eminem and got into this rap thing and years later I'm here. The journey has been a tough one. I grew up in a shit neighborhood, never had much money. It was being in poverty that made me really want to become something and make enough money to provide my family with the things they need. I just got my first house house just a few months ago. So to be able to provide, but at the same thing do what I love is fucking rad, no?

DIGITAL SPY: How did you venture from rock band to solo rapper?
I think it happened naturally and when I was younger. When you're a kid, you're still trying to find yourself and your lane. You have these phases and the rock band thing was definitely a phase for me. Not to say I don't love rock music and don't wish to create a band sometime down the line in the future...I mean, even my music has rock influences but at the time I kind of outgrew it and went for something lightly more risque and different from what was going on at the moment in Australia. Everyone was doing rock, I said...nah, this is lame..everyone's doing this. I want to start rapping and I kind of went from there.

DIGITAL SPY: "The Arrival" came out this February, if you had to describe the mixtape in three words what would they be?
Vibey, Personal, Dark

DIGITAL SPY: I really like the name of the EP. It’s a fitting description. Where did you get the idea for the title?
It kind of just came to me one day. It simplistic but sets a statement.

DIGITAL SPY: Was there a theme or a message you were trying to deliver with the EP?
I just wanted people to get to know me. There was no serious theme or anything for that manner. I took a collection of songs that I wrote and recorded specifically about my life and wanted to share it with the people who would soon get to know me. I had a small following before-hand who already kind of knew me but I knew people would understand me even more after the EP came out. Not only as a person but as a musician and a lyricist. It was my first chance to introduce to people my skills as a rapper and my sound as an artist and every day I'm growing so who knows what can come next sound wise for me. But I had a clear message to "this is me, here I am, like me or hate me...don't really give a fuck" just wanna make good music.

DIGITAL SPY: In the past few months, have you found you’ve been thrown into a wider music community — not just the hip-hop world?
Eh, I guess so. I don't really care about all that shit. I just want to make music and continue to rap and earn for my family. People keep saying that I'm this next big thing but I don't even look at myself in that light...I'm serious. I don't even feel like I'm in the "in" crowd and I'm okay with that. I've always been an introvert, few friends, small circle and all that. I like chillin and smoking my weed, recording and performing. I don't want to be someone I'm not and I'm not one of these "put on for the camera" lads that I see all the time I'm just Dale.

DIGITAL SPY: What do you have to say to the people who have been critical of your music. Take Honor Wynter for instance.
I respect their opinions, their entitled to them. I understand that not everyone will like my music. Every artist should understand that! I'm an Australian rapper, I've got an accent and I don't rap about a bunch of fuck boi shit. On the other hand... It's rap, rap is such an opinionated genre so you've got to be open to criticism. Does that mean I have to give a fuck about their views? Of course not. Honor gets paid to be a critical of people. I'm not mad at her.

DIGITAL SPY: Who/what has been the biggest inspiration for your music?
I've got to say Eminem. That guy is a genius musically.

DIGITAL SPY: Talk to us about your song "HOME." The inclusion of the recording makes it quite different from the rest of the EP. What drew you to that?
I mean, I had to do something for the ladies you know? It's a moment in the EP that's completely chilled out, vibey and just vulnerable. In the song I'm talking about a relationship. Specifically one relationship where it really had me fucked up for a long time. Got into drugs, was really fucked in the brain it's all a true story man. It is different from the other tracks on the album that are hard hitting. It's one of my favorites on there, it's not try hard and it's just smooth. It's the type of tracks you can sit back and smoke a nice blunt to and reminiscence about shit...that's the feeling I get and I wanted to give with Home.

DIGITAL SPY: The first track I heard of yours was “Razor Blades & Pills.” Can you talk about how you came up with the idea of the song and the day you made it? Did you know immediately it would be a hit?
I just wanted to take a crazy spin on death. I came up with the initial idea after a crazy fucking dream that I had where my family died....yeah...crazy right? I don't know where the fuck that dream came from but I woke up the next day and starting writing about the possibility. And I had a hook already. I had no idea that song would be a song...let alone a hit.

DIGITAL SPY: How was it working with the tracks feature artist, Austin Nimmo? Was it true that you initially didn't want him on the record?
Austin is a good lad. People give him a lot of shit cause he's a young singer, slightly overexposed and one of the leading in his genre. It's a given. Even I judged him before hand. When they pitched me the idea, I was completely opposed to having him on the record because why would I need a teen bopper singing on my track...why, so it could be watered down? But when I heard him sing that hook, I thought oh shit...maybe I shouldn't of judged him so quickly cause he really does do his thing on Razor Blades. He's a chill guy too.

DIGITAL SPY: You were an independent artist completely by choice for quite some time during your come up, and even know. What are some of the most important rules to follow as an independent artist?
I think the main one is not to be discouraged if you are told "no" or you feel like people are looking down on you because you are indie, or if you feel like you aren't getting as much opportunities. These things happen and it's one of the downsides of being independent, so don't let that stuff tear you down. One of the misconceptions of being an independent artist is that we aren't signed because we aren't good enough to be be on a major label, when really that's not the case. Many of the times we don't want to conform to the rules labels set. So yeah, don't feel need to try and be like the artists who have millions of dollars coming their way, but all that money doesn't always make quality stuff. Remember, Quality over quantity. A cheap video, if executed correctly could be more much more meaningful and impactful then a cliche video of children dancing in a school. You know? Also, don't think everyone will take to your music right away.

DIGITAL SPY: Have you been in talks with record label?
I have, but nothing is set in stone yet. I need everything to be right. I want to be in control of what I do. So right now I am fine with being independent with my management. But who knows what can happen.

DIGITAL SPY: What would you say has been the pinnacle of your career so far?
I haven't reached that moment yet, but when I do. I'll definitely let you know! I haven't got an album out yet. I'm not even playing big venues yet. But I feel like an icon in my own way. I want to be an icon for loners and losers. I don't really care about Aussie hip hop at all to be honest, I just like good hip hop.

DIGITAL SPY: Which artist would you love to collaborate with and why?
I think Drew is a talented lad. I'd also love to get Cristina Lake on a track to do some vocals. I've even pitched an idea to her camp but I'm still waiting on an answer. I like big vocalists too. People like Hannah Beth and Victoria Black would sound really nice on some stuff I've got planned. I'd love to get in the studio with James Urie and Reported Failure too, LAUREN is great as well. Man, my music taste is just all over the place but that's why I can't completely set myself to a genre.

DIGITAL SPY: As an emerging artist, what are your thoughts on the music industry?
A lot of the shit people "stan" and all that is completely trash. But its the music industry. That's my thought haha.

DIGITAL SPY: What is it about you that will keep you distinct from everyone else already in the rap game?
I'm Australian. When's the last time we've ever gotten a male Australian rapper? Or any real Australian rappers. It's so far fetched. Other than that, I think I have a distinct sound that's rather different from the people out right now. Not to say some of the stuff I hear isn't some good stuff, but the approach to music, the beats and instruments...are different from what I hear right now from the other rappers currently on the grind.

DIGITAL SPY: So 2016! What’s happening? The album, tours, writing more great tunes??? We want to know it all!
Definitely writing, definitely recording. I've begin work on my debut album some time ago. Hoping to get it out by the end of this year if all works out. But it's going smooth as of right now. Even got some dates coming up so stay tuned!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 20/05/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 20/05/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 22/05/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 25 May 2016 00:13:55(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 25/05/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 25/05/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 25/05/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 28/05/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 28 May 2016 04:26:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Cara Zayn: I'm not gonna lie, I was hesitant towards your music when you debuted a while earlier. But on repeated listens, I'm quite enjoying what you've put forward so far. Sure when I listen to the E.P, I feel like the songs are all a bit too similar. But I can't deny the talent that you have as a writer and that's what should be highlighted here. I can't wait to see what you do with a full album and a whole range of different topics to sing or rap about and I'm looking forward to catching your performances on the Reckless Infinity Tour! I think you've got something real ahead of you this year!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 06/06/2016(UTC)