logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2016 09:42:08(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: The Wild
Label: Safe Haven Records
Genre: Alternative pop, dance pop
Lenght: 3:45
Writer(s): Alec Cole, Danielle "DREAM" Minami
Producer(s): Alec Cole, Brandon Grey
Released: February 16th 2016

"The Wild" is the sixth single from 17 year old American singer/songwriter/producer Alec Cole it also serves as the fourth single from his debut album "INTO..." the song was written by Cole and his friend Danielle Minami also known as DREAM who he had worked with on both his own album and her EP and it was produced by Cole and Brandon Grey the song is an adventurous track not only lyrically but production wise as well as it's more of an upbeat fun track compared to Alec's previous three singles the lyrics speak about meeting someone who is carefree and can also be dangerous but wanting to explore more into their world and allowing them to explore into yours

"The Wild" is the fourth single from Alec Cole's critically acclaimed debut album "INTO..." the song follows his third single "Fix Myself" which features the vocals of a fellow up-and-coming alternative pop musician BANKS the song was Alec's second #1 and third platinum single from the album but back to this track "The Wild" was written and produced by Alec Cole along with writing credits from DREAM and production credits from Brandon Grey this track is a total change of pace compared to the first three singles Alec have released all of which have had a sort of smooth, slower sound with lyrics ranging from heartbreak, to trying to move on, to finally moving on however this track takes us back with a change as it was written about meeting the person the previous three songs was written about the production gives us some much needed change as well as we finally get an upbeat, high energy track from Alec which shows us a completely different side to him it's harder to find a high point in this song because each production, lyrics and vocals have high and low points but if I had to pick one side that shined a bit more it'd have to be either the vocals or the production as the lyrics to this one are great but fall a bit short compared to the previous songs the idea behind it is good as we hear him sing about a curious Alec blindly exploring love, sex and so on while not wanting to be guided or without having the person hold back as he sings in the two pre-choruses the first being "Don't hold my hand too tight/Cause I don't need a guide/Let me explore your world tonight" and second being "Don't hold your tongue tonight.Just place your lips on mine/You can explore my world tonight" which is his way of saying "I can want to lose myself in you and try something different" and "Don't hold back because I want everything you have to offer" these two lyrics are probably the highest points of a rather repetitive song lyrically no production wise which I'm sure will be the main focus of this song or one anyway is great the production is more radio friendly than the previous three singles with blaring synths dancing around throughout the verses, pre-choruses, choruses and we also get a short instrumental break that could possibly get the alternative/dance pop song to take over both on the radio and in clubs Alec also shows us a different side of his vocals as well matching the upbeat feel of the production while also giving us a stronger delivery now of course Alec isn't the strongest vocalist in the world but he does have does have something there and he definitely knows how to work with it giving us a few runs, a few high parts and just giving us an overall great vocal performance that goes along with the production now am I saying the production and vocal delivery are perfect? No definitely not there are minor mistakes throughout them none as noticeable as the lyrics but still there are a few however together the vocals and production can help us to overlook the minor slip ups it may have

Overall this song has what it takes to takeover the radio and possibly be another top 5 or maybe even #1 for Alec with fun upbeat production and vocals to match it's a pretty good song the lyrics again can be a b it repetitive but not enough to drag the song down I do also think the vocals and the production were supposed to be the main points of this song anyway but what do you think? Will this be another hit for Alec or will it "flop" as the kids these days say

My eyes are blinded by all the lights
Perfection by design
Breaking the silence with your desire
I don't even mind

Come closer to my chest
Leave your mark on my neck
Intoxicated through
The venom in this juice

Don't hold my hand too tight
Cause I don't need a guide
Let me explore your world tonight

Woah oh oh I wanna go into the wild
Woah oh oh I wanna breathe in the Devils smoke
In the wild

Lost in the rhythm caught up in the high
Crossing all the lines
Lost all control of me but I won't refrain
No boundaries tonight

Come closer to my chest
Leave your mark on my neck
Intoxicated through
The venom in this juice

Don't hold your tongue tonight
Just place your lips on mine
You can explore my world tonight

I want the liberation of your touch
I want to get lost in the jungle of this desire
Oh oh desire
Oh oh desire
Oh oh desire
Oh oh oh

*Instrumental*

In the wild

Wild, wild come on liberate me

Edited by user 17 February 2016 09:43:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 17/02/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 17/02/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 17/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 18/02/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/02/2016(UTC), kandii on 19/02/2016(UTC), erich hess on 19/02/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 26/02/2016(UTC), GirlSpice on 01/03/2016(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 19 February 2016 03:12:53(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: Another cliché, industry is on a roll this month. So the production is pretty amazing, I'm a fan. I personally thing you struggle with lyrics but thats just my opinion. I enjoyed the song though so I won't completely count you out. I thought your album was pretty nice and again, production was amazing. Hope to see you imrpoving over your next releases.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 19/02/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 26 February 2016 04:22:17(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: Yay! One of my favorite songs from the album, so I'm really happy that it got released as a single! I'm so ready for you to release some new material again though!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 26/02/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 28 February 2016 08:01:36(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Honor: Another cliché, industry is on a roll this month. So the production is pretty amazing, I'm a fan. I personally thing you struggle with lyrics but thats just my opinion. I enjoyed the song though so I won't completely count you out. I thought your album was pretty nice and again, production was amazing. Hope to see you imrpoving over your next releases.

Alec: Thanks for checking out the single and album Honor I really appreciate that I'm sorry that you didn't really care for the lyrics but I am happy that you were able to enjoy the production and the rest of the album and hopefully I do I also appreciate the constructive criticism and thanks again for checking all of this out

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: Yay! One of my favorite songs from the album, so I'm really happy that it got released as a single! I'm so ready for you to release some new material again though!

Alec: Awesome Cosma really glad you like this this one was my favorite from "INTO...The Wild" so I'm happy it was one of your favorites as for new music I don't want to say you'll get some soon but...Whistle
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#5 Posted : 28 February 2016 08:11:53(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
JohnnyCarter: Yay Alec!! I love your music. Your album is really good and this is a great song and an amazing single choice. I see you getting bigger with everything you do and I'm so proud as a fan and that a hard working young man gets the recognition he deserves and I have someone to look up to. Congratulations again for all the incredible things you do and your success and can't wait to see what else you got for us.
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 28/02/2016(UTC)