logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#1 Posted : 29 February 2016 01:14:47(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
And so it ends with me being as attention seeking and dramatic as has no doubt typified my time at TRSG in the eyes of many, often including myself.

It probably seems a tad over the top and a bit wank to be writing a long thing about myself departing from an RP website, but after having created the fictional lives and careers of a veritable Ben Hur-esque cast of characters over the past eleven years on here, I thought it only right to bow out with something written down and concrete. Also I know this is the wrong part of the forum, but for some reason it felt more right sitting in RP.

So, yeah, some people might have noticed, perhaps not, that my posting on here has become less and less frequent in the past few months, and in fact in the last 6 or 7 weeks I haven't even posted at all. I've been thinking a fair bit about RP and how and when one should admit it's time to hang up one's proverbial pen, and for me, this is that time. Why? It's the old "it's not you, it's me," thing, I'm afraid. Over the last couple of years, I've butted heads with more than a few people on here about the direction of RP, and how it annoys me the way things have changed over time. I complained and mumped and moaned about this a lot, as the mods all know, but I've come to realise that although things change, it's not a bad thing. Over the time I've been on TRSG, the style of RP has taken twists a number of times. From the original short form text stuff, to a widely story based RP world, to one in which relationships became huge and basically birthed the really interactive RP period that I loved, to a song-led era where the music once more became the focus, and then finally to this age of social media RP that we now find ourselves in. Have any of those "eras" and the change that brought them in ever been "wrong"? No, of course not, it was just how things changed and evolved. What's changed in the last couple of years is nothing new, it was just the natural progression into something different. The difference for me is that this time I didn't like it. But that's fine, that happens. I was always a fan of the more flamboyant style of writing that came with raw interactive RP and the relationships between characters. Long form RP was always something I loved. It was replaced by an era where images get more thanks than anything ever written, and where Twitter has replaced stories as the way to build characters and their backstories. But hey, while I don't personally like that, it's not my place to say it's bad or not right. It's what users like, and its part of the evolution of RP, which never stands still and will always change. That I am not a fan is merely a reflection on my own tastes as opposed to a reflection on the way you guys now RP. Respect to everyone for RPing, having the imagination to think up fantastic characters and songs and for keeping creativity alive. For me, it's just the opportune moment to realise that it's the end of my time in RP. It happens, and you've probably got to know when it's time to step away, which I've probably taken all too long to realise.

I first joined this site in January 2005, when I simultaneously discovered the game and the RP side of TRSG. The game I quickly grew tired of, but the RP side of things straight away clicked with me. Writing as these characters and creating their lives, careers and later loves was such an open creative platform that I don't think I had stumbled over before, especially with the potential for interaction that came with this place and its style of forum. The past eleven years have allowed me the chance to build incredible intricate and imaginative stories and backgrounds, and even songs, for tens of characters that were born in my own imagination, and I've loved doing this as a hobby for a long, long time. Over the years, I've had the chance to write with some truly talented and creative people on here, and I think the world that's created herein is a truly fantastic place that reflects the sort of skill that is inherent in TRSG users. Does it make me a little sad to be bringing the curtain down on over a decade of creativity? Sure, but I'm happy (corny moment) in the knowledge that even after I leave here and hang up my creative brush, this place will live on, the characters will continue to be brought to life on this forum and the users will continue to write some magnificent things, hopefully for many many years to come.

I'd also like to thank a number of users who over the years who have been fantastic RP partners, foils and occasionally adversaries. Without other people to interact with and bounce ideas off, this place would not have even a fraction of its charm and creativity. The users make TRSG what TRSG is. First, the old guard who are departed long ago, and some more recently; Political Turtle, who introduced me to this platform when I was merely a child, bikz who created along with me some of the wildest characters and stories I've ever had the pleasure of writing and who helped properly form Cassie Summers, old.gregg, xnightsidex, Raven, troy210111, Laurelles, infinite, snap_itshannah, McKenzie, Raven, The Nimrods, Smash Up, asdf, Synxhard, Aj, deadserious, MATTT, Squeege and a number of others who made the earlier years of this place so fantastic in my eyes. To those still here, PANIC!, Andre Gandra, freestylechamp, C4AJoh, TishaJackson, FiveT, angelicdevil, mebeme101, Princess Valentine, taylr, Matticus, Welat, Atonic Records and anyone else I've forgotten, you guys have created some of the most memorable songs and characters ever on here, and continue to be ace at RP.

And then those that I have worked with, interacted a lot with or written with over the years; Stacy, you are genuinely by far and away the best songwriter I have ever had the pleasure of reading on this site, and your characters have always been magnificent. Carmel, I think you create some of the most memorable and out there characters, so distinguishable from each other and different that it sets you aside from anyone else on here. Mr Hess, your humour and your irreverent take on RP has made for many hours of entertainment on here over the past few years, and of course, together we wrote one of my favourite couplings ever to exist on here in Cassie and Karoliena. Tequila, for a number of years we have been doing a lot of RP together, and it's created some of the best memories and moments from here for me. Scott and Gia and Kai and Honor in particular will live long in the memory for me, and it has been a pleasure to create such great stories with you over the years. You have an unmatched ability to create likeable and memorable characters, and a capacity for writing quality songs in high numbers that I don't think anyone else can compete with. Finally, I want to say to kandii and Famouss7x7, you two have probably had to shoulder more flak from me than any others over the past couple of years, and I want to apologise for that. You are both imaginative and creative, fantastic RPers, and there's no real animosity from me towards either of you, even if we did butt heads on many occasions. Continue doing what you do, and I hope neither of you took anything I ever said towards you personally. For anyone I've forgotten, please accept my apologies, I've RPd with a shit of a lot of people over the years. And to the newer users I've not had much of a chance to RP with since they arrived, hopefully you continue to come here and enjoy this place for many years, as I did.

I'd also like to do something incredibly silly and thank the characters that have allowed me to be so creative over the last decade plus. It's impossible for me to put into words how much I'll miss all of my characters, but most of all Scott Rose-Hilton, Eilidh Greene (she never did get that ring), the inimitable Cassie Summers and Kai Rollins, and of course Katie Merjos, who really kicked off my deep love of this hobby, and in particular the songwriting part of it all. I hope they all "live" on well with the users that have taken them on, and I trust they will continue to be awesome from hereon in. (I've given my characters to people and wrote it all in the face claim thread, so all FCs are still taken, soz).

And I kinda want to end on here with a walk down memory lane and a little reflection on some of my very favourite moments from my own writings in the RP world if you'll indulge me for a few moments longer, or at all.

Quote:
Scott and Gia - the whole saga - The original power couple. This story of pure interaction between two characters and their lives, runs at over 15,000 posts from me and Tequila. How it got that long I'll never know, but what a story. They've been through everything, and they've gone through it all together, coming out of the other side with three kids and the perfect life. From the story era of RP, this is definitely my personal highlight.

Katie Coyle - Raindrops, Caffeine and Other Liquid Stimulants - I've never been that great at delivering full albums on here, largely because I put too much pressure on myself when songwriting. But this is the one album I've released that I am still so proud of. It came right at the start of the "lyrics" era, and I think this was the first time anyone had done a full album of lyrics on here. It was a lot of work, and it was hard, but I'm really still so happy with it.

Kai and Honor - No single link for this pair since their story is dotted around everywhere, but genuinely one of my favourite things I've ever written is the development of this pair as a couple. Kai was originally a throwaway character for me since I wanted to use the Oli Sykes FC, but he grew into probably my most developed and deep character over time. His two year affair and eventual relationship with Honor is, in my eyes, a genuine testament to storytelling and the slow build of something really great. I think these two earned their happiness together, and I hope they live happily ever after.

Cassie and Karoliena - Much like Kai himself, these two are something of a happy accident, just casually coming together as a couple in the last few years. But their relationship helped me develop Cassie as more than just the horrible shitbag bitch she originally was, and I think it gave her a great new element. The whole bondage lesbian thing was a good laugh to write about as well, and I think myself and Mr Hess really brought out the best in these two as wife and wife.

The death of Katie Coyle - A character who I've put through the ringer more than any other in my time on here. Katie has gone from an excitable little teenage singer to a troubled mentally ill starlet struggling with her own burgeoning fame, to being outed as a lesbian in the press, to becoming my most famous and successful character I've ever had on here, and the best character musically I've ever created, to a mother and a wife. In the middle, though, she had this moment, where her fragile self couldn't handle the fame and pressure and she died, albeit temporarily. If you never read anything else I write, this would be the one I'd recommend. Heart wrenching for me to write, and even to read it now.

The death of Natalya Hess - Another death RP here but this time a collaborative one with Mr hess. This rp was as sad and heartbreaking to write as it was brutal, but I very much enjoyed looking back on it and the end to quite a sad overall story that myself and Mr Hess managed to create with Natalya and Erica.

Chaos Awards I to IX - I'm not going to link this because there are too many, but these shows were some of my proudest moments on here, and I think they really brought people together to enjoy events unlike anything else we had at the time. Always stressful as all shit to write, but fun to work through, and I worked with some fantastic people to bring the shows to life over the years.

Chaos Magazine - For anyone who was around, this was probably my crowning glory. The only reason I'm not linking it is because all the uploaded magazine pages have long gone, save for a few, but at the time this was the most fun. As anyone was around will know, I set myself the silly silly target of putting out a magazine every Friday, and for a few months I managed to do it, spending my whole Friday on Adobe InDesign until it was done. Good times, great fun, and I don't think I have ever been as engaged with everyone else's characters as I was at that time.

Finally, since I imagine only a few of you know what I look like, let me depart with a picture of my bearded, wisdom-infused self staring wistfully across some sunset somewhere.

UserPostedImage

So this is the end, and that was probably far too long for anyone to have read it all, but at least I can retire genocidal king happy in the knowledge that my flair for the stupidly dramatic lives on in me.

Thanks for the memories, TRSG.

Scott

Edited by user 29 February 2016 01:15:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 17 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 29/02/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 29/02/2016(UTC), erich hess on 29/02/2016(UTC), kandii on 29/02/2016(UTC), GirlSpice on 29/02/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 29/02/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/02/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 29/02/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 29/02/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/02/2016(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 29/02/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 29/02/2016(UTC), PANIC! on 29/02/2016(UTC), Clampdown on 29/02/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/03/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/03/2016(UTC), Matticus on 30/06/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 29 February 2016 02:23:06(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
ive already told you goodbye when you first told me about this. so i wont go over that again. but i stand by my giving this a resounding boo.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
genocidal king on 29/02/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 29 February 2016 03:27:14(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
D: I'll miss you, Scott! Thanks for all the great content you've posted over the years, there's definitely gonna be a big hole in the RP community now, and there has been for a little while since you've been inactive. You're an extremely talented writer and I know you'll continue to do well for yourself outside of the forums. Take care.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Offline Atonic Records  
#4 Posted : 29 February 2016 03:40:33(UTC)
Atonic Records

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2278 time(s) in 613 post(s)
This made me so emotional. :/ I wish you well and if it wasn't for you helping me in the beginning I wouldn't had continued logging on. You had a great run on here and you will not be forgotten, we will make sure you are brought up when people ask who were one of the early founders of RP on here. And don't worry I read it all, a departure of a member of this RP'ing community should have a respectful departure, especially one like you. I wish you the best. - Cesar

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 29 February 2016 03:52:04(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
I said my goodbyes beforehand and it was really hard to read your message and type my response. Part of me thought you would give it a second thought and become just a lowkey user. When no official goodbye message was posted for a while, I did believe that you had a change of heart but now...here it is lol. I just want to say that it was a pleasure getting to know you, RP with you and really work together on some relationships and projects. Poor Eilidh still hasn't got that ring like you said but I promise she will! I/Oscar owes it to you/Eilidh haha. When I first joined I saw you as probably the top dog here. You had a big presence, that fancy mod title, your RP skills were "on point" as the cool kids say and you were the first to bring in full lyrics (yeah, thanks for the stress -_-) haha. This may be a tad dramatic but it was an honour to work with you and eventually to call you a friend. This is the only forum I've ever been a committed member of. Usually I feel so out of place and I'd like to thank you as well as other users such as FiveT, RoseJapanFan and mebeme101 for making my earlier newbie days feel that little less lonely and for helping me to enjoy this forum that little bit more. I'm never going to leave this place now. Damn you!

This isn't really goodbye, but a see you later. The world and the internet may seem vast but they're surprisingly small places. I might bump into you in The Garage one day LOL I'll miss you but that doesn't mean I won't be wishing you all the best now that you gotta do a Zayn. Good luck in the big bad non-RP world! x

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#6 Posted : 29 February 2016 04:20:29(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Scott, Nooo. Just when we started to get to know each other was role playing partners. I really like all the creative and interesting views that you brought to your characters I really like Kai in his no shit persona. Maybe we will get together and find you on some other site. Even though we never seen each other in person, you will be missed man, I hope you much happiness and good luck in whatever you doing.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#7 Posted : 29 February 2016 04:25:45(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
I'm over a year on this forum now and sadly I haven't really RP'ed with you much but I always loved to read what you wrote. What you and everyone else here deliver/ed is just perfection for me and a level I will probably never reach. It's sad to see you go and I will miss you here but your work shall and will never be forgotten. I wish you good luck with whatever you are going to do!

UserPostedImage
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline dohaihoangnam  
#8 Posted : 29 February 2016 04:48:05(UTC)
dohaihoangnam

Man
Viet Nam

Was thanked: 342 time(s) in 177 post(s)
During my one-going-on-two years here, I haven't got a chance to interact with you much, either in or out of character, but I've always admired your work: your lyrics, your descriptions, your RPs, etc. Every one of your characters here kinda followed the drug-doing motif, but the way you approached it in each character made them all so different, and I've come to have a liking towards them, especially Scratch (though I regrettably neglected to respond to your works). Your absence here shall not go unnoticed, Scott. I wish you all the best, and who knows, maybe we'll cross paths and we won't even know it.
UserPostedImage
"Deep breath in, deep breath out, now"

UserPostedImage

// REESE HOLLINSWORTH //
thanks 1 user thanked dohaihoangnam for this useful post.
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#9 Posted : 29 February 2016 07:41:22(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Ever since I joined TRSG you have been at the forefront of the community. So many times you really made this place what it is with your characters, attitude, and commitment to maintaining the community. I resonated with a lot of what you said, having seen this place change a lot since my first days. Even from back then I remember taking note of how well done your RP was and trying to emulate parts of it in my own work. Katie Coyle is a character that I will always remember as one of my favorites to grace these forums. Everything with the Chaos name has been such a huge part of our scene. Thank you Scott for this post and so many more over the years. Peace and love wherever life takes you!
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#10 Posted : 29 February 2016 07:51:08(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Shit wow well if you log on again I want you to see this I want to just quickly thank you because when I first joined up here it was a bit of a tougher time you were one of the few people who really helped me out a lot here and I definitely have to thank you for that you're also one of the first and few big RP's I was involved in the whole Katie/Andrea relationship will forever be one of my favorites and is definitely one of the most memorable for me and I also wanted to thank you for RPing with me even when I was on super basic level the Cassie (w/Kate) vs Mandy RP comes to mind there there were also quite a few other great RP moments I've had with you so thank you for all of them I also want to say that Katie will always be one of my favorite characters on here and I wanted to just comment on your characters and RP style and how amazing and different it/they are you've done so many incredible and memorable things on here and it's sad to see you go but I know like Stacy said you're definitely going to continue to do well for yourself outside of the forums thanks again for everything Scott
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline PANIC!  
#11 Posted : 29 February 2016 10:32:17(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
I recall back when I first joined in late 2007 or sometime in 2008, you and bikz were the ones who were quite helpful in me finding a way to navigate this place at a time where I was getting shit on quite a bit for my lack of experience, hah. Thanks for that. Once this current server came about in 2009, I remember you as one of the figureheads and most active members on this side of the forums. Perhaps my favorite moment of you as a writer was seeing the creation and brilliant development of the Katie Coyle character, who is one of the more enriched personas I've seen in my time here. The songwriting you did with her was always impeccable and memorable. Throughout the years we probably did not interact as much as some of the others on here aside from a few instances, but I always had a great respect for your RP contributions. Being on here for as long as you were and holding that consistency is an impressive feat. I feel this serves as a reflectional period because this time will eventually come to most of us as we get older, dive into careers, our personal lives become more time consuming. I know the time for me to close this chapter of my life is around the bend as well, but that's for another time. Best of luck in everything else you do outside of this tiny scoped forum, Scott. Take it easy.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#12 Posted : 29 February 2016 14:50:40(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
even though i started on the site like 6 years ago, i've never really rped with you and i think it's because we enjoyed different styles of music or something. i enjoyed the differing viewpoints you brought to many things but i did feel closed off from the opportunity to rp with you over the last two years or so. maybe it's because i'm lazy when it comes to interactive threads i dunno.

hope you have fun and safety in your future endeavors.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 1 user thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
Offline Clampdown  
#13 Posted : 29 February 2016 15:02:06(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Ah man, this makes me sad. I wish our RPs could have crossed paths more. I really enjoyed your RPs, you're one of the best writers on this forum and I think that legacy will live on as well as your characters and their larger than life personalities. One of my favorite memories on here was the Warped Tour thread you had last year. Whenever I think of that summer, I instantly think of that RP, you outdid yourself on that one as well as countless other RPs I've read from you. I wish you the best of luck in your future. Keep it trill, man. It's been real. :)
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 1 user thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#14 Posted : 29 February 2016 17:53:10(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
We've had our issues in the past, but I wish you well in all your future endeavors and you will be missed by many on the forum. Good luck!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.