logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 18 June 2016 12:28:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
AUSTIN NIMMO - LOOKING UP
#YOUNGFOREVER

UserPostedImage
Artist: Austin Nimmo
Title: "Looking Up"

Genre: Pop
Release Date: June 18th, 2016
Label: FREEDOM
Songwriters: Austin Nimmo, Max Martin, Henry Milton
Producers: Max Martin

With the summer beginning and the heat picking up, Austin Nimmo continues to maintain his stature as of one of Hollywood's youngest and brightest stars at just 18 years old. As you may know, late last year Austin released his highly anticipated and largely successful sophomore album "Unscripted", which became a major hit. The record showed Austin's growth as a lyricist, vocalist and even an instrumentalist as many of the albums guitar pieces were played by Austin himself. Aside from that, Austin called the album extremely therapeutic for him. The album has since spawned hits such as Real, Control, and The City That Never Sleeps. Following City That Never Sleeps which was a nominated for awards, Austin released a promotional single "Passenger", and then went on to sign a deal with Pepsi as part of their #YoungForever campaign which is set to kick off in June of 2016. The deal, which is set in collaboration with the company to craft new content for the global brand and corporation. Austin Nimmo was brought into the Pepsi corporation field to attract new, and young consumers as part of their campaign. Since signing the deal, Austin has been getting to embark on a new tour in support of the effort, but before that Austin is setting us up to release a brand new single for this fans to enjoy.

"Looking Up" is the newest single by Austin Nimmo released through FREEDOM on June 17th, 2016 as the artists next official single and official track featured on Pepsi's #YoungForever ad campaign. Aside from it being an official single, the record is also second to last track taken from Austin Nimmo's sophomore album "Unscripted" on it's standard edition. With the previous two tracks from the album, the listeners were exposed to a sensitive and vulnerable Nimmo as he offered captivating lyrics about feeling low and troublesome, but he certainly lifts the energy up and and lifts his listeners up in general with the second to last track, Looking Up. It seems as if Austin included to depressing type tracks on purpose to build them up with "Looking Up". The record is an empowering smash that that is perfect for building up listeners right from the very start of the record where Austin proclaims his listeners calling out "Things are looking up, keep looking up/Things are looking up, keep looking up" over r&b driven opening beats. The record comes as no surprise being the spearhead track for Austin's new campaign with Pepsi as it's very triumphant and youthful and perfect for the summer. Throughout the record, Austin's shows off her unique vocals that features his wondrous falsetto in the pre-chorus, one of which Austin has become known for.

The record itself is a fun, up-tempo pop record with retro flair that you could be singing along to in no time as Austin sings about looking up to a brighter day and wiping off the sadness of yesterday all the while enjoying all that life has to offer. Austin sings confidently over a steady drum set beat and a blast of horns help usher in the song's words about positive thinking when it gets to the chorus. That's just the beginning as the song breaks into Austin's full-throated vocals that effortlessly cascade through the finger snapping chorus that includes lots of bass and has "anthem" written all over it. It's a slight change from Austin's latest guitar driven records off his latest album and more reminiscent of Austin's earlier works. It's an urban-pop stomper, with a scale-climbing, horn-filled pre-chorus that leads into a minimal, finger-snapping, head-bopping chorus that is perfect for the summer record and most definitely a key in for song of the summer. Aside from it's catchiness, the record itself offers a powerful message. The record was produced by Max Martin and written by Nimmo, Martin and songwriter Henry Milton and was recorded in September of 2015 as one of the final records recorded for the album.

"With the previous two tracks before "Looking Up" my fans were brought though a dark journey with me and you know the saying....Whenever there's darkness there will eventually be light? That's what happens following 'So'. With Looking Up, it's kind of like the revival in confidence following to dark songs that came prior to track 12, and that was the whole idea. When I made the tracklisting I had that whole idea in mind. Its like telling a story, you might be down for a certain period but there will come a time where you feel the need to breakthrough and that's where Looking Up comes in. It's such a positive record that will make you happy just by listening to it and I thought it was perfect to have as the second to last track. It's something to listen to when you're trying to have a better day, like if you've had a bad day or week...you have rely on this record to brighten up your spirits. This is also something that you can dance to and just enjoy on all fronts and that's why Looking Up is so special. It is just good for anyone. I met up with arguably the most sought after producer in the world, Max Martin, who I always love recording and I showed him the lyrics and song it for him and he really just loved the lyrics of the record and we spoke about the sound I wanted to for the record. I wanted something triumphant and uplifting and we listened to a ton of beats and one in particular just stuck out to me. That r&B vibe that it gives you but its still predominately pop, and then that buildup to the snapping chorus....it was just everything I wanted. We entered the studio after he cleaned up somethings on production and we just recorded the record. It was such a breeze and the results were awesome, I really love this record. Definitely one of my top 5 favorites in all of the album."

"LOOKING UP"
Austin Nimmo, Max Martin, Henry Milton

Things are looking up, keep looking up

It's a beautiful day and the sun is starting to shine
I'm making my way and I've got plenty of time
Those dark days are done and I'm out in the clear
No more days on the run and I've got nothing but cheer
I can't help but beam at this new joy I've found
I can't help but Dream as I lift off the ground

Things are starting to shine, so just try and smile
Just come along with me and we'll go out with style

It's a beautiful day and a new's on the rise
There's nothing to fear as the darkness dies
Come on, dance with me and get off the ground.
You know this is it, just look all around
We're finally free from the drowning fear
So let's have some fun and spread some cheer!
I'm so full of life that I'm bound to erupt!
It's so good to say things are looking up!

I see your frown and your down cast face
Just follow us around and we'll fly into space
Keep looking on ahead and you'll find your way
Just remember tomorrow's a brand new day
There's no reason to pout, no need to cry
Just try and believe and you'll feel so alive

Look up, look up, look up at the sky
Just the sight will send your spirits high
Tomorrow's a new day shining bright
Just hold on and know everything will be alright!

UserPostedImage

You've recently signed a huge Pepsi deal for their Young Forever campaign launching later this month, how does it feel?
It feels great, you know? Growing up I always use to drink pepsi and always loved their products. They always go big with everything that they do so just to be apart of it seems surreal, I'm extremely grateful that they've even considered bringing me on board for the project. When my manager let me know of the news I was really surprised that they wanted me to be apart of it but it feels awesome, it really does. I'm extremely excited to do all that we've got planned for the campaign.

What does being Young Forever mean to you?
I think it means that you can still be "young" no matter how old you are, no matter what. There's a bit of youth in everyone, even older folks. Everyone doesn't fully grow up because as humans we all continue to grow every single day, we learn something new every day and that means you're basically young forever to me. It also means you can still have a young spirit no matter what your age is and do as you feel. I won't let age hold me back as long as I'm healthy and I think everyone should live like that.

Your new single "Looking Up" has been confirmed as one of the songs of yours that will be appearing on the commercial for the worldwide campaign, why do you think Looking Up was chosen?
It wasn't necessarily chosen by them but we did speak about a song I felt would fit the campaign. We listened to the album, and we all sort of agreed that Looking Up really embodies the triumphant, youthful feeling we want to go for with the commercial campaign. Aside from that, it's one of my favorites from the album so for it to be the next single as well as the single featured for the campaign is very excited. I'm glad they agreed, it was a very smooth meeting.

What can you tell us about "Looking Up"?
I did the song with Max Martin and I was a bit starstruck man. I never worked with him before this exact record so I really wanted to go in there and show one of the most sought after producers in the world exactly what I could do and recording with him was really a breeze. I loved the sound we spoke about and he really made it come to life and then some, his hooks and choruses are freaking awesome and it just went so well with my voice and the lyrics we wrote for the song. It was seriously an honor to work with him. Lyrically, the record is so uplifting and I sing about looking up to brighter days, and to never give up as the darkness you experience finally dies out. It's very triumphant and energetic, and I think it'll really uplift my fans and everyone who listens to it. It's got a great vibe and a nice bop to it.

What else can we expect from the Young Forever campaign?
Well you expect a lot. I'm actually going to be in Luna Park in New York City shooting the video for the commercial that'll be launching next month that will be featuring Looking Up as well. I'm stoked, I've never been to the amusement park so I'm excited to be shooting there but I'm also ready to get on some rides!! Should be really fun for the summer.

Looking Up seems to be only recent single of yours that isn't heavily influenced by the guitar, what are your thoughts on that?
I know right? The guitar is one of my best friends. But this time we wanted to go a different route, but do not fret. I'll always have a guitar somewhere with me.

You've recently appeared on Dale Dunn's single "Razor Blades and Pills" and from a musical standpoint, it was very different for you. Do you plan on doing any more collaborations?
I don't usually collaborate much but I did like the sound of Dale Dunn's song, wanted to try something new and it really worked out well. I'm glad to see the record has gone over so well with the public. Congrats to Dale, he's a nice bloke and really moving up.

Along with Razor Blades and Pills, you've been nominated four other times at this years FCAs, which one of those are you most excited about winning?
I'm happy to just be nominated to be quite honest. Winning any would be an honor.

Will you be attending this years event?
Hopefully so!

Lastly, what are you plans for the coming months?

I'll be entering the studio for some weeks. Nothing is exactly set in stone but I want to get back into things, maybe play around with some sounds the album came out recently but I miss being in the studio already so I want to go in there and see what happens. After that I'll be embarking on a tour which I'm extremely excited for. We've been getting the tour together for months and it's going to be a great experience. Aside from the tour, I'll be doing the endeavors with Pepsi and YoungForever so there's definitely a lot on the horizon, can't exactly get in the real detail but you'll know more as it happens. I'm really excited though for these plans.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 6 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 18/06/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 18/06/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 19/06/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/06/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/06/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/06/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#2 Posted : 22 June 2016 03:57:09(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra: This is such a great song and seeing you evolve into an nice young man is really amazing to see. You've changed alot, I can tell, and I'm really proud of you. Keep doing you, because it works.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 22 June 2016 13:37:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
Ezra: This is such a great song and seeing you evolve into an nice young man is really amazing to see. You've changed alot, I can tell, and I'm really proud of you. Keep doing you, because it works.

Austin: It's nice that you said that. Shocking considering you laughed along with your guests when they publically bashed me on your show. But I understand that's how the business goes. Thanks for checking this out.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO