logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 19 July 2016 08:26:15(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: July 22nd, 2016
Recorded: 2016; personal studio
Genre: Alternative Pop, Neo-Funk
Label: Studio60
Producer: FancyN, DrewWB, inZane, Flame 1&2

Dans Ta Tête

Dans Ta Tête (French for In Your Head) is the debut studio album by Canadian singer. songwriter, director and choreographer Airemese "Coke" Smith, released on July 18th 2016, by Studio60 Records after being leaked by a series of anonymous Twitter accounts just days before. Inspiration behind the album shows itself through the French title. As Smith's second language, she made sure to incorporate lots of it throughout a debut album, recognizing how it's such a big part of her that she barely even addresses. In English, the title is translated to "In Your Head", using the album as a way to stay strong through everything because the truth is, all the struggle, pain and will is only dans ta tête, it only goes as far as you let it. Coke supports this theme throughout the album with themes of feminism, love, and self analysis.

The whole album was written solely by herself, only with the help of French translations from Romeo Lefèvre. As a member of the successful Hip Hop duo Rum & Coke, when finally promised a solo deal, the main goal was focusing on expressing her own themes and vocals through an artistry independent of her longtime friend, Rum. "It was easier than I thought it'd be," Coke jokes while describing what it was like to write for herself. "I'm a songwriter but I'm always writing with someone else in mind. I think up a nice melody and throw up a hook all by myself but when it comes to writing out the verses and thinking about the point of view, the character, the plot, I always go straight to, 'Oh so what would so and so say? How would they react? What do their fans want to hear?'. Writing with all of those answers coming straight out of my heart and not memory is a very different experience but it came to me so naturally... like, too naturally. I was writing songs too quickly for once, I kept thinking about what tracks I could give away! [laughs]"

When it comes to the production, it definitely wasn't as exclusive. The 11-track record includes FancyN, DrewWB, inZane, Flame 1&2 as producers all who have contributed well to the sound of Dans Ta Tête. The album showcases a fresh sound where Coke takes her love for all genres and fuses it all into tracks that are described as Alternative Pop and Neo-Funk. "A big thing I took into mind is how I barely sing uptempos or even full out at that. I remember first going in and telling everyone that, 'you know what? don't restrict yourselves to one sound, I want it all. Give me a fast paced beat that I can show out on and I'll embrace them with an open mind.' I think that was such a crucial part of this album. Artists are always so focused on sticking to one sound, one genre, one theme, one persona, one look and it's just all so tiring. As an artist, I feel like it's my job to expose myself to a series of sounds, emotions and experiences. I want to express myself in every way possible.".

Track listing

UserPostedImage

Hit 'Em First
A Woman Raised You
Take Charge
Love to Love ft. Reese Hollinsworth
Deserving
Crybaby, Cry
2 Can Play That Game ft. Sabina
Spilled Milk
Ignore with Dae Ho Park
Home Alone
Rise

Total length: 41:27

Edited by user 10 August 2016 07:00:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 19/07/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 19/07/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 19/07/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/07/2016(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 19/07/2016(UTC), erich hess on 19/07/2016(UTC), DistortedAudio on 21/07/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/07/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 21 July 2016 18:10:52(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:21
Genre: Pop Funk
Written by: Airemese Smith
Produced by: DrewWB, FancyN

Hit Em First is the opening track of the debut album from Airemese "Coke" Smith. It's a funk song with playful beat, which sees the incorporation of a throbbing bass and a rhythm of handclaps. It sets the mood for the track just right as an unlisted Winnie chants "Fight!" during the intro and throughout the whole song. With a childish falsetto Coke begins to sing the lyrics of encouragement, reminding herself and the world what her mom taught her and why she'll never forget. "You're blessed with a very big mouth, cursed with some very small hands," Coke says, quoting her mother who's warning her how hard she'll find it is to grow up as a woman with a larger than life demeanor. Her big advice? "Just hit em first", telling Coke to use the underestimation to her advantage and knock em out in one blow. The concept is a flexible one, which could easily be taken literally as it is figuratively. Maybe it's about handling girls in the school yard and maybe it's about not letting people in the industry screw you over. Either way, the track brings in the album introducing Coke in the simplest of ways. When it all comes down to it, Coke's only purpose in the world is to fight for herself and carry on her mother's legacy of being a strong woman.

Coke wrote:
Everybody who knows me knows I'm a momma's girl. She's my biggest inspiration and aspiration. A perfect mom, a perfect wife, a perfect businesswoman, I adore her in everything she does. When I was younger, oh girl I couldn't have given less of a fuck but now that I'm older I really understand that without her, I'd be so lost. I think we're all like that when we're young. Our parents try to sit us down and warn us about the battles to come but we never realize until we're on the frontline with an empty chamber. I remember one particular talk, probably the only one I listened to, where my mom just flat out told me, "people are gonna say stuff about you and you'll never be able to shut them up. You can act like you don't care or you can try to make them shut up. But if you're smart you'll just capitalize off of all that talk." I'm smart so I do the latter. That's the thing about taking the first punch, it keeps you from wasting time on the cowards but it doesn't stop your enemies, it just makes them want to defend themselves. The art of being a woman, I think, is to have a natural ability to provoke action. People get so mad at the smallest of things that we do, so having the ability to turn that into something you can benefit from is key. I wrote this song as an anthem in many different ways, but if I had to choose only one message to get across, that's the one.

Coke

Mama sat my ass down
Mama put me in my place
Mama didn't play around
Mama looked me in the face
Taught me that women like us are why looks can deceive
We don't look tough but we'll knock you right off you're feet

Mama said, "You're blessed with a big mouth
Cursed with some very small hands
They gone try to play you like a clown
Don't even give them a chance
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first"

You wanna fight?
I'm gonna win
You waste my time?
I'll make it quick
Weapons against me
Never seem to work
You tryna cross me?
I'll get you first

Mama sat my ass down
Mama put me in my place
Mama didn't play around
Mama looked me in the face
Taught me that women like us are why looks can deceive
We don't look tough but we'll knock you right off you're feet

Mama said, "We're all cursed with this
You're blessed I overcame
They gone try to play you like a bitch
Don't even give them time to underestimate
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first"

You wanna fight?
I'm gonna win
You waste my time?
I'll make it quick
Weapons against me
Never seem to work
You tryna cross me?
I'll get you first

I was born
And now I live to fight for my place in this battlefield of life
'Cause I was born
With a will to carry on no matter who gets hurt
Baby, I was born
And raised to stick around, je le fais pour ma famille
'Cause I was born
Pour mener à bien notre nom, no matter who gets hurt

"Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first
Just hit 'em first"

You wanna fight?
I'm gonna win
You waste my time?
I'll make it quick
Weapons against me
Never seem to work
You tryna cross me?
I'll get you first

Edited by user 21 July 2016 18:51:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 21/07/2016(UTC), DistortedAudio on 22/07/2016(UTC), erich hess on 22/07/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/07/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/08/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/08/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 22 July 2016 00:39:19(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 5:15
Genre: R&B Funk, Disco
Written by: Airemese Smith, Romeo Lefevre
Produced by: FancyN, DrewWB, inZane

A Woman Raised You was written by Airemese Smith with the help of Romeo Lefevre on the credits with production from FancyN, DrewWB and inZane. The track features backing vocals by FancyN, more commonly known as Rum. The horns are performed by Drew Westbrook and a series of guitars played by Zane Anoshkin, all of which was arranged by FancyN. Serving as a five-minute and fifteen-second R&B Funk song, it has an Electro-Funk groove with elements of Neo-Disco. The instrumental creates a great juxtaposition to the actual lyrics, with production that can be described as "Bouncily coyish and flirty" to a track that warns other to stay out of her way by moaning in French, "I'm a monster".

Coke wrote:
Well what can I say? I don't really take this song seriously. It's more of a rant than it is any form of empowerment, but I have a feeling someone out there is gonna paint it as the exact opposite anyway. The song is literally just about being fed up and frustrated with life, getting to that point of, 'listen I'm tired, I'm working my ass off and not getting the results I want, no one's gonna suck your dick right now, fuck off.' [laughs] It's quite silly when you think about it. It starts with the mother figure where people see this crazy amount of unconditional love that forces a smile on their face and bends their backs when they need a break the most. People witness that their whole childhood and just assume, "yeah, all woman are capable of this strength," and it's just.. No, no the fuck we're not. It's not our responsibility to be there for everyone but ourselves, we don't owe anyone anything. I feel like women are full of love and compassion but there's a monster inside of all of us that just wants to be angry and entitled and given permission to go on a killing spree, sometimes that monster just simply wants to SLEEP, how do you think we'll respond to someone asking us for sex? [laughs] Don't be that guy, consideration naturally generates the best outcome.

Coke

What you want?
I'm all yours
Just wanna be
Your fantasy

Nope!

Unrealistic little boy (unrealistic little boy)
I'm much more than a fucking toy (much more than a fucking toy)
Prone to thinking with your head (prone to thinking with your head)
But baby don't ever forget
Je suis un monstre!

(Working day and working night) working day and working night
(Raising families, still a dime) raising families, still a dime
(Only getting half the pay) only getting half the pay
(Sacrificing everything) Everythang!

They don't got no respect
But these fools gone write my check today, hey
Putting on this dress
Don't no need no suit to impress, hey
Until you walk in my heels
Please don't tell me what to do
Swear we owe ya something
But didn't a woman raise..
You?

Ooh

You want me closer, all up in your ear
Don't let me near
(Je suis un monstre!)
Want me on your lap but you're safer when I'm over here
Don't let me near
(Je suis un monstre!)

Putting on this dress
Until you walk in my heels
Please don't tell me what to do
Swear we owe ya something
But didn't a woman raise..
You?

Ooh

I'm about to get into this girls
This is for all my grown women out there

Behind that pretty face is a monster born to be victorious (Et le monstre tue, et le monstre tue)
Behind that pretty face is a monster who's thirsting to be heard (Et le monstre tue, et le monstre tue)
(A woman raised you) Mais le monstre tue, mais le monstre tue

It's all in your head and I got the mindset of a winner
Never caught up on what it could've been
'Cause I make a way in record time, I'm a sprinter
Darting to the front of the race
Erryday
Sacrificing everythang
The only way
It's the charge of making a change
A monster don't ever take a break
Pay it for it erryday
It's the only way

Behind that pretty face is a monster born to be victorious (Et le monstre tue, et le monstre tue)
Behind that pretty face is a monster who's thirsting to be heard (Et le monstre tue, et le monstre tue)

Je suis un monstre
Ici pour prendre ce qui est le mien
Vous nous devez
Everythang!

Putting on this dress
Nope!
DistortedAudio on 22/07/2016(UTC), erich hess on 22/07/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/07/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 24/07/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/08/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/08/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 24 July 2016 10:46:21(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 4:09
Genre: Neo Soul
Produced by: DrewWB, inZane

Take Charge is the third track for Airemese Smith's debut album. The track was written by herself and produced by DrewWB and inZane. It can be classified as Neo Soul with an instrumental full of piano riffs accompanied by claps and snaps. Once again Coke uses her fragile soulful voice to lead a chant in the hook. The verses are much different, only adding onto the catchy bounce of the song. The lyrics explain how despite having a dominant structure, she's willing to give in and let love be. While she claims that she gets a bad rep for being herself, she mentions more than once that she's just as dangerous and mystical as one would consider fire is, comparing her likeness to flames that "hurt to touch". Despite all of her faults, all she asks is that the listener loves her above circumstance. The record just has a certain charm that draws you in, and it probably lies in the fact that by demanding you to "Take Charge", Coke remains in charge herself.

Coke wrote:
Ugh, this is so me. I have a resting bitch face, I dont take anyone's shit and I'm really selective about who I talk to and because of all this people automatically assume that I'm some shady bitch. In this song, I'm just trying to get people to put aside their assumptions and actually get to know me. The gag is, of course, that I am a shady bitch who would hurt your feelings without a second thought. But that's just me! If what we all need is someone to love us for us, how can we find that when people would let what they think of us cloud their chance of actually.. getting to know us?

Coke

(Repeat after me)
Repeat after me
(Repeat after me)
Repeat after me
(Take charge)
Take charge
(Take charge)
Take charge
(I trust ya heart)
You know my heart
(I trust ya heart)
You know my heart

These walls are burning down
Walk toward the fire and help me out
These flames may live forever
Better not wait, it's now or never
Don't let the heat throw you off
Sometimes I'm red, sometimes I'm blue, but that's all
My light hurts to touch
But if you just look close enough

You'd see that I don't do this often
I just throw them off, man
They swear I'm a threat but I'm the one that's taking caution
Don't I get some slack for that?
"I don't care, I'll still be here", don't you start retracting that

(Repeat after me)
Repeat
(Repeat after me)
Ooh
(Take charge)
Take charge
(Take charge)
Take charge
(I trust ya heart)
You know my heart
(I trust ya heart)
You know my heart

I'm better off alone until I find something to turn into me and cower
Leaving it to be devoured, consumed by ash and dust just like I am inside
-ide
But I
Try to
Light up
Those desires

My walls are burning down
My walls

(Repeat after me)
Repeat after me
(Repeat after me)
Repeat after me
(Take charge)
Take charge
(Take charge)
Take charge
(I trust ya heart)
You know my heart
(I trust ya heart)
You know my heart

It's in your head
The key to love above circumstance
I know it feels dangerous
But you just gotta take a chance
It's all in your head
Take charge, that's what I said
Hey, if you know my heart
You better do your part

(Repeat after me)
Repeat after me
(Repeat after me)
Repeat after me
(Take charge)
Take charge
(Take charge)
Take charge
(I trust ya heart)
You know my heart
(I trust ya heart)
You know my heart

(Repeat after me)
Repeat after me
(Repeat after me)
Baby, repeat
(Take charge)
Take charge
(Take charge)
(I trust ya heart)
(I trust ya heart)
thanks 5 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 24/07/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 24/07/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 24/07/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/08/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/08/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 24 July 2016 11:17:37(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 4:15
Genre: Power Pop, Soul
Produced by: FancyN

Love To Love is a song recorded by Coke. The track is a powerhouse ballad similar to her earlier single in Rum & Coke, Sentenced4Life, with it's bombastic vocals being led by Coke. The song contains a guest appearance from the critically acclaimed singer Reese Hollinsworth, who takes over in the verses. Though the song is equally praised for it's vocals and production, the theme of the lyrics themselves have critics raving over the song. "I will love" Coke continuously cries out in a powerful belt, shouting from the rooftops that she still loves Reese and will continue to love despite the fact that Reese only married her because he didn't want to come out the closet. The song poses as the pure opposite of the common anthems of never loving again after heartbreak, even in the face of being used to help a gay man hide his true identity.

"It never seemed like I was doing the right thing," Reese sings off the back of a tumbling piano riff, starting off both of his verses by immediately diving into the fact that Reese knew how wrong he was and yet he still lied. Despite the touchy topic, through the first and second verse it's clear that the man Reese depicts in the lyrics is still only thinking about himself, his words revolving a lot around "me" and "I" in comparison to Coke, who, with the help of military drums, sings in the second pre-chorus, "I have no right to cry," caring so much about Reese that she wont let herself be angry about the situation because all she can think about is how much harder it all must have been for him. At first impression, Coke seems very apologetic on behalf of the world and it feels as if she's only letting him off easy purely because he's gay and she understands his struggles were over her head. But as soon as the riveting chorus makes it way into frame, with all the strength she has left in her broken heart, she takes a vow to never be as selfish and cowardly as the man she loves is. "I'll love to love like I thought we had/I'll love to love 'cause that's all I have" she declares, coping with her loss of love by never forgetting how to love, a method foreign to most. Though the song may feel a little short for 4 minutes and 16 seconds, the latter half of the track lies within the hook. When Coke repeats over and over again that she will love, refusing to inflict anymore pain but at the same time refusing to give in to any of her pain at all, and she tries her hardest to show empathy for the gay man she's been sleeping next to for years all while she belts out her sorrow from the top of her throat, it's hard to put a finger on exactly what's the most powerful thing about this song.

Coke
Reese

It never seemed like I was doing the right thing
But the praise that I got instead of being told I was disgusting
It fixed me
They said you fixed me
And suddenly I could give my mother everything she's dreamed
Kids by 30, and with you, a daughter I would never be
The daughter I was born to be
But could never be

To think that you've had to live such a lie
Make no mistake, I'm happy that you're finally alive
But I'm numb inside, I'm numbing inside
To think that you were so confined by my side
I just wanted to make you happy, I was willing to sacrifice my whole life
I gave you my life, I gave you my whole life

But everyone's so absorbed in themselves
Only looking to take so they can excel
But I love to love and nothing else
I've learned because of your help
And I won't forget just 'cause it all went bad
Maybe the point isn't if you love back
I'll love to love like I thought we had
I'll love to love cause that's all I have

I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love

I was wrong and I wont say I didn't know
But to leave you all alone isn't what I want
It's just that I deserve love
And you deserve love

You're the muse of my heart and nothing can change that
Don't know what's harder, losing you or holding it all back
I'm just numb inside, I'm numbing inside
It's obvious that for me things are easier
There's plenty of fish in the sea, you've had to swim even deeper
You had no right to lie, I have no right to cry

But everyone's so absorbed in themselves
Only looking to take so they can excel
But I love to love and nothing else
I've learned because of all your help
And I won't forget just 'cause it all went bad
Maybe the point isn't if you love back
I'll love to love like I thought we had

I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love
I will love

erich hess on 24/07/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 24/07/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 24/07/2016(UTC), dohaihoangnam on 06/08/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/08/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/08/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 25 July 2016 07:46:40(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:13
Genre: Quiet Storm
Produced by: inZane

Deserving is the next track on the album, written by Smith and produced by inZane. Serving as a quet storm ballad of sorts, Coke's falsetto takes the lead in a hesitant track where she resents being able to forgive someone so easily for breaking her heart. It's a simple song, with a piano riff and a soft-hitting beat that goes a long way for the emotional track. "C'est pathétique," Coke almost whispers, calling her inability to put her love aside and want revenge, 'pathetic'.

Coke wrote:
Despite all the shit I talk, sometimes I find myself in predicaments where I want myself to be piss mad, but I can only generate a few tears and a small adoration of what could've been. It's such a frustrating feeling, annoying really, when someone does you wrong you want to be able to hate them and beg to never see them again, but it just doesn't always work that way.

Coke

I'm a sucker when it comes to love
Man, I always seem to fall down hard
Even when the man I need don't pick me up
He still gets a special place in my heart
I know you like I'm always there, I hate myself for giving in
Give it all I got, never seem to win
If my heart had a real say, I'd be sending a storm your way
But I'm not even mad
Why do I do this to myself?
I should know by now what I deserve
Can't even tell you to go to hell
'Cause I'd still be hurt if you got hurt

I'm just pathetic
I'm just pathetic, yeah
C'est pathétique
How much I love you

Always pretending that it's real
I know too well what you deserve
You just don't care 'bout how I feel
Because you know I'll put you first

II'm just pathetic
I'm just pathetic, yeah
C'est pathétique
How much I love you
Mhmm

thanks 5 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 25/07/2016(UTC), erich hess on 25/07/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 25/07/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/08/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/08/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 25 July 2016 08:31:06(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:13
Genre: PBR&B
Produced by: FancyN

The next song on the record is Crybaby Cry. It's an PRB&B track written Airemese "Coke" Smith and produced by FancyN. It is rumored to be a Rum & Coke leftover track with backing vocals that a lot of fans suspect are Rum's. The instrumental is full of snaps, a hard-hitting bass, and a series of synths that sets the track into a daze. Coke's soft voice fades in and out of the track as she torments herself with the lyrics, calling herself a 'crybaby' and claiming that the problem isn't thats she's weak, it's that she'd rather play the blame game than actually take action. "Crybaby, step back/Crybaby, look up" Coke sings, telling herself to look at the bigger picture and see that she's going nowhere fast while she waits on the world to give her what she should be giving herself, love. She reminds herself that even though they're young, they wont be young for long and just like that, the song takes a dramatic turn, the beat going harder and the synths getting louder as Coke scolds herself, saying over and over, "This shit is getting old/Your shit is getting so so old".

Coke wrote:
I love this song so much, definitely one of my favorites off the album. The message it gets across, the way I wrote it, if it wasn't my own song I'd blast it every second of the day. It speaks to me in a personal way that I usually hate most of my songs for doing. I grew up with a lot of demons but I didn't learn until late in life that if you want anything to get better, you have to battle those demons yourself. It really capture the essence of the album, the power does lie within you and your will to actually get up and do something. "Ne pas essayer", it means 'don't try' because that's exactly what I used to do. Nothing wrong with crying but what's the point if you aren't gonna fix shit?

Coke

Ne pas essayer
Crybaby, cry until all those tears start to run dry
Crybaby, cry until someone else gets it right
Crybaby, so blue, how could they not love you?
Boo hoo hoo hoo
Crybaby, step back
Crybaby, look up
You'd be surprised what you find
The sky
It moves around revolving for the sun
And while you cry the whole world just carries on
You better get a move on while you're young
I get that you're still young..

But your shit is getting old
Your shit is getting so so old
I get that you're still young
So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
This shit is getting so so old
Your shit is getting old

Ne pas essayer
Crybaby, cry until they come to wipe it all up
Crybaby, cry, it's their fault you don't know self-love
Crybaby so red ooh, they just don't get you
Boo hoo hoo hoo
Too bad the world doesn't revolve 'round hoes
While you cry the show, it still goes on
You better get a move on while you're young
I get that you're still young..

But your shit is getting old
So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
Your shit is getting old

Ne pas essayer
Crybaby, cry, soon you'll see that it just don't help
Crybaby, cry, try and pry your way out of this hell
You should know better by now that you're all on your own
If you think Crybabies survive, you're thinking wrong
You're losing ground, dissolving into waste
Toxic acids pouring from your face
You keep this up, you're gonna die young
You're gonna die young..

Your shit is getting old
So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
Your shit is getting old
Old
JohnnyBBB on 25/07/2016(UTC), erich hess on 25/07/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 25/07/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/07/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/08/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/08/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 07 August 2016 00:57:50(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 4:00
Genre: Alternative Pop, Neo Funk
Produced by: Flame 1&2, DrewWB, inZane

2 Can Play That Game is a song recorded by Coke featuring guest vocals from Euro-Pop princess, Sabina. It's an Alternative Pop and Neo Funk record with a heavy use of pure instruments with minimal synths, putting multiple sets of drums and horns to work and creating a fresh new sexy sound. The song could easily be described as an anthem, the nature of the song making it one anyone would want to scream at the top of their lungs. Coke's cutting-edge vocals take the lead as Sabina sneaks onto the track, her falsetto adding something special to the melody. With the belts from Coke and the high notes from Sabina, the duet becomes an unstoppable force on the record, with a sound that just can't be duplicated.

The song starts by describing how toxicly attached Coke was to the man and it becomes clear that the feeling wasn't returned when Sabina comes in and claims to have been used just as much as Coke. From there the track spirals down into a whirlwind of heartbreak and empowerment, the 2 women promising to not fight each other but to go after the one who wronged them. In the lyrics, the ongoing French theme used on Dans Ta Tête is taken to the next level while the 2 women plot to get revenge on a common ex. This can be seen more effectively in the verses where the man gets called a liar liar and a cheater cheater and rightfully so. At first she compares his love to Spring where she's saved from the harsh cold of the winter and is promised rebirth and a new love. But then comes the downfall of the relationship and she compares it to the Summer, where he leaves for long periods of times and starts a drought, making her mad and bringing heatwaves, and staying through the long days but never being home at night because he's too busy toying around with Sabina too. In the bridge they take it even further, both of them coming in tough while calling him a player player and telling him that since he wanted them both he's gonna have to take both of them on. Sabina softens up and begins to question his thinking, asking in French, "Was it worth the things we lost?/That's what I'm trying to understand" but wuickly she goes right back to her fierce demeanor, telling him, "When you feel my sorrow, I want to see your face". Coke waltz' right in with the powerful chorus where she declares it all to be a lie, all of the love just being a front for the powertrip he's on to sleep with as many woman as possible. The song ends with them both telling him 'Jeu terminé' which can be translated to 'Game over' in English as they promise to beat him at his own game.

Coke
Sabina
Both

(Jeu terminé)
(Jeu terminé)

Liar liar, tu m'avais
You love like the month of may
Saved me from the cold
And offered something new,
who knew
You'd change my whole world just for it to crumble
Start a drought, leave me here to humble
Aperçu
Vous me fallait presque, I should've knew

That you were just a man, and I was but a peice of meat
And love is only blind, when there's something you need to see
You used her,
just as much as you used me
Niveler le terrain de jeu, prepare for defeat

You come in the day
You leave in the night
You say that you love me
But it's all a lie
You're on a power trip
Conquer and divide
Use women as toys
Then leave us to fight

You come in the night
Ooh
You leave in the day
Ooh
You're on a power trip
Found out the hard way

Jeu terminé
2 can play that game

Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh

(Jeu terminé)
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh

Cheater cheater, tu m'as bien eu
You love like the month of June
Yeah, the days are fun
But the lonely nights expose the truth,
the truth
You stay longer than you have to
Canicules apportant, gaspillent mon amour
Used to beg for more men like you
Vous me fallait presque, I should've knew

That you were just a man, and I was but a peice of meat
And love is only blind, when there's something you really need to see
You used her,
just as much as you used me
Niveler le terrain de jeu, prepare for defeat

You come in the day
You leave in the night
You say that you love me
But it's all a lie
You're on a power trip
Conquer and divide
Use women as toys
Then leave us to fight

You come in the night
Ooh
You leave in the day
Ooh
You're on a power trip
Found out the hard way

Jeu terminé
2 can play that game

Playa playa, you think you're tough
You'll never win without an advantage
Playa playa, I wasn't enough
Now you gotta take on the both of us

Cela valait-il des choses que nous avons perdu?
Voilà ce que je suis en train de comprendre
Lorsque vous vous sentez ma tristesse, I want see your face!

You come in the day (Oooh!)
You leave in the night
You say that you love me
But it's all a lie (It's all a lie!)
You're on a power trip
Conquer and divide
Use women as toys
Then leave us to fight

You come in the night
Ooh
You leave in the day
Ooh
You're on a power trip
Found out the hard way

Jeu terminé
2 can play that game

Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh

(Jeu terminé)
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh

(Jeu terminé)
thanks 3 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 07/08/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/08/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/08/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 07 August 2016 01:22:48(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:32
Genre: Indie Pop

Slowing things down after the fast-tempo'd hit, Spilled Milk comes in with a much darker tone and overall feel to it. Serving as an Indie Pop piano ballad of sorts, Coke sings about a broken relationship that doesn't hurt the lovers but just leaves them numb which is the scariest feeling of all. In this scenario she lets her distant ways get the best of her, refusing to let someone who she cares for fully into her heart, not being able to love when she's so afraid of losing it. Through out it all, they do things to pain each other just to see if it would have any effect at all but none of them are hurt by it because it's just 'spilled milk'. Ultimately, she was right about the fact that it was all gonna end badly, but it just proves the fact that it only ended badly because she refused to have hope.

Coke wrote:
If this song isn't me then I really don't know what is. Throughout my love life I've learned the only thing that's not truly temporary is my constant inability to.. trust, and give my all and even just have faith. People are all nice those first few months you know them but I just know deep down that they'll rip that mask of love off and reveal some kind of monster, I just know it. And I guess, like acting in a way to bring that monster out and prove that it's there makes me.. the real monster. That's what I was really aiming for on this track. The lyrics, the chords, the vocals, it all just speaks to me in such a personal way, it really comes from the bottom of my heart.

Coke

I think it's beyond clear, the only thing I fear
Is you knowing the real me
You're here but you don't hear, you always miss my tears
How could you handle the real thing?
I know that you want in but I just can't let you near
You'll never understand
Act like you don't care, and I'll act like I don't care you don't care
In this game, no one wins

You let the carton tilt to see if I I would cry over spilled milk
We felt ourselves drain while it sunk into the tablecloth silk
We always play like we don't feel
But I think this time it's forreal

I let it get this far, thank god that I'm so smart
I never would have had a chance
You'll always have a place in my heart, but you'll never have my heart
Just get it in your pretty head

Boy, it was over before it began
You lost at love when you thought I was fit
I'll always love the bittersweet moments
But I was right to fear what we could've been

This time, I think it's forreal

Famouss7x7 on 07/08/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/08/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/08/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#10 Posted : 07 August 2016 01:26:47(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Single: Ignore ft. Coke
Artist: Dae Ho Park
Label: Studio60, Tric-Jam
Release Date: June 8th, 2016
Genre: R&B Ballad, Pop
Written by: Drew Westbrook, Airemese Smith, Dae Ho Park
Produced by: DrewWB
Length: 4:00

Ignore is a song recorded by the South-Korean singer, actor and model Dae Ho Park featuring guest vocals from Coke, a member of the Hip Hop duo, Rum & Coke. The duet was co-written by both artists on the track with Drew Westbrook who also provided the production for the song. Serving as the second single released by the elusive teenage heartthrob, the song was released worldwide for digital download on June 8th, 2016 and impacted Urban, Pop and Rhythmic radio on the same day. Praised by critics, many are calling it Drew's best attempt at songwriting so far. Musically, Ignore is an R&B/Pop Ballad which plays as a duet between 2 lovers who are starting to love each other only at the thought of not having each other. It serves as a much more mature sound from Dae Ho and even Coke. Accompanied with a piano and snaps, Coke's breathy vocals trails behind Park's confident coos, though in the lyrics, the only thing either of them are confident about is how much they don't deserve a chance at love that they gave away so easily. "I'm like any other adult, I want what I wont," Coke sings in the bridge, showing just how much the lyrics were inspired by Marilyn Monroe's After You Get What You Want You Don't Want It, supporting the theme of why neither of them want to take themselves seriously, knowing they only suddenly want to cherish the relationship because they now know they can't have it.

Dae Ho Park
Coke
Both

(Ignore) everything I say, 'cause really I'm just a fool
(Ignore) that I'm just starting to claim how much I love you
(Ignore) 'cause it's so stupid that we didn't know what we had until it wasn't ours
Disregard

The way I'd ignore your calls just because I wanted
The way I'd ignore how you felt and did whatever I wanted
I now have to force myself to do, oh how ironic
Only takes a look to start a love, but just enough neglect to haunt it

And really what we had was only subjective
Fell in and out of love over petty objections
What sense does it m-m-m-m-make?
To mourn what we never cared for anyway?

I ignored all your love, I did
I ignored all your trust, I did
Now we're left to ignore us, look at what we did

We never deserved it

(Ignore) everything I say, 'cause baby I just don't mean it
(Ignore) 'cause if it was really love, maybe we would've seen it
(Ignore) that it would've been alright if we didn't tear it apart
Disregard

The way I'd ignore your calls just because I wanted
The way I'd ignore how you felt and did whatever I wanted
I now have to force myself to do, oh how ironic
Only takes a look to start a love, but just enough neglect to haunt it

And really what we had was only subjective
Fell in and out of love over petty objections
What sense does it m-m-m-m-make?
To mourn what we never cared for in the first place?

I ignored all we had, you too
I ignored all the traps, you too
Now we're left to ignore us, boohoo

We never deserved it

(Ignore)
Funny how I cry you're all that I miss through these lonely nights
When I never gave a shit through the days you were all mine
I'm like any other adult
I only want what I wont

If I stay behind, push me out the door
Hard to say goodbye but at least we know how to ignore

Since we forgot we should love, ignore
Since we took advantage of, ignore
The consequence will haunt us, just ignore

We only deserve it
Famouss7x7 on 07/08/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/08/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/08/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#11 Posted : 10 August 2016 06:24:09(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:25
Genre: Alternative Pop, Reggae Rock
Produced by: inZane, Flame 1&2, DrewWB, FancyN

Home Alone is a song recorded by Canadian singer-songwriter-choreographer Coke from her first studio album, Dans Ta Tête. The song will serve as the lead single from the album, seeking to impact radio on August 21st, 2016 by Studio60 Records. Written solely by Airemese Smith, the production is handled by inZane, Flame 1&2, DrewWB and FancyN, the latter being the second half of her Hip Hop duo, Rum & Coke. Home Alone is an uptempo track that fuses reggae, rock and alternative pop, an extremely new sound for Coke who had previously only made PBR&B and other urban music Lyrically the song revolves around a woman who hates being left home alone so much that she has suicidal thoughts.

In late May 2016, Home Alone had officially became the first song written and recorded for her impending debut solo album. Upon first hearing the song, Coke knew it would have to be her lead single, one of it's striking qualities being that it was one of the very few uptempos she had written for herself. Though there was talk of a solo album, she hadn't officially started the album process until Home Alone had inspired her to do so. From there she had gotten her favorite producers together and put together the outline of the album in little over 2 months. On June 28th, 2016, Coke sent out a tweet that hinted she would release a solo single that following day. It never came, as her team began making plans to make it the lead single for her record. Before proper information could be announced, a series of anonymous hackers started leaking Coke's documents and soon enough got their hands on her full album. After the leak it was released without any prior singles, with plans of Home Alone, 2 Can Play That Game, Love to Love and Hit Em First being released after the fact.

Home Alone is an uptempo track that incorporates elements of ska and has a length of three minutes and twenty five seconds. The Guardian characterised the song as a "alternative pop" track containing a "guitar-tinged" beat, played by inZane. Rap-Up magazine said the song is an "upbeat" track containing a "reggae-inspired" instrumental as well which seems to be the work of Flame 1&2. The song opens with a "-slung, reggae-tinged verse", which the Guardian compared to the work of the Police, the song moves into a "guitar-heavy" chorus which contains "ska guitars and horns" played by Drew Westbrook and a "chunky rock arrangement" composed by inZane and FancyN. Complex described the song as a pop rock track. Musically, the song is written in the key of B minor, and set in common time signature with a moderately fast tempo of 138 beats per minute. It follows a chord progression of Bm-Em-A-D. Coke's vocals span from the note of B3 to the high note of D5.

Coke wrote:
I have no idea why I'm like this, but I really hate being in houses all alone. I always find a friend's house to crash at or most of the time I just go to my momma's. I really can't stand it, which is such a mess because my man is a rapper and he's always up to something. In a way, I do consider myself a loner but being anywhere by myself just makes so uncomfortable, it's not like I need someone to talk to, I just really appreciate another person's presence, it makes me feel safe. I was trying to write that into this song but of course it came out as some clingy dramatic suicide note [laughs]. Either way, I really like it, from the melody to the production, even the lyrics. Plus it's a true uptempo that isn't completely dumbed-down for the sake of being catchy. The track is just such a win.

Coke

The nights are too cold, the voices echo
When I'm on my own, I don't know what to do
Looking 'round the room, thinking about you
Then it all goes blue, and I'm peeling back a scar
My heart is still in shards
My head's been shattering my dreams, my hopes and ambitions
Na na na na
Downplayed the injuries 'cause you were next to me
But now you're gone and they're open, open, open

(What do I do now? What do I do now?) Stuck with my twisted thoughts again
(What do I do now? What do I do now?) With a conscious I cannot comprehend
Thought I was strong, how could I know
Convinced I would make it on my own
(What do I do now? What do I do now?) Suddenly what is right feels wrong
How could you leave me home alone?

I tried and I tried, to not give it thought
But all that I got is coming to naught
I'll let myself sit, I'll let myself rot
This house is a storage and I'm just a pretty box
My mind is taken captive
By all the faults I fail to admit
Na na na na
Downplayed the insecurities to keep you here with me
But now you're gone and it's choking, choking, choking

I left your suitcase out with my explanation written down
I probably should've called you first
I turned on the stove and let that gas take control
I lit up an essence, threw it on the curtain
I got a nice blanket, found your gun with no blanks, man

(What do I do now? What do I do now?) You went and left me home alone
thanks 2 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/08/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 10/08/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 10 August 2016 06:59:10(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 4:04
Genre: Indie Pop

Rise is the last track on the debut album, written by Coke and produced by inZane. It is a song where a lost Coke begs her no-good ex to come back into her life, telling him that they will rise and she'll take him high to a hardhititng Indie Pop instrumental. It closes the alberm. Yay.

Coke

Strung out, hazy, hoping you're still here
Blacked out, crazy, devil in my ear
High
That's how you left me
Once hit rock bottom, here we go again
I'ma hate myself until the day I hold your hand
High
That's where you take me

These girls have ups and downs, running round, messing with your head
It's not like that with me
And you may be hot and cold, unremorseful, a poisonous snake with a deadly hold
But you're the man of my dreams

I know that you asked for time
But now it's time for us to rise
I'll take you high, I'll take you high
Higher than you take me
I know that you asked for space
But today is the day
That we will rise, we will rise
And then you could never leave me

Once upon a time we were but a fairytale
The day our story ended I woke up to a living hell
High
That's what I have to be

Because I just cannot live with what it could've been, the ands the buts the should've did
It all just hurts my head
And you may be hot and cold, unremorseful, a poisonous snake with a deadly hold
But baby, you're my man

Higher than you take me
But today is the day

High, hi-hi-high, high
It's going up, it's going up tonight
High, hi-hi-high, high
Baby please, wont you just help me
Wrap me in your arms
Baby no, don't you ever let go
Keep me in your heart

Higher than you take me
But today is the day

High, hi-hi-high, high
High, hi-hi-high, high

Edited by user 10 August 2016 07:02:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrownSugar on 10/08/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 10/08/2016(UTC), erich hess on 10/08/2016(UTC)