logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline squaregatescrub  
#1 Posted : 13 September 2016 15:00:19(UTC)
squaregatescrub

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 91 post(s)
"The Flight"

UserPostedImage

Our trio is now above the pacific ocean and is eagerly awaiting their arrival at Tokyo Haneda Airport.

Lili: Oh my! I'm bored!!! I need to get out there and greet the people who are eagerly waiting our arrival!

Yuri: Chill. Uhhhh, go grab a comic book or something.

Lili: But I can't stop thinking about the possibilities! Like, this is it! It's Tokyo! It's like the rock stronghold!

Keiko: I would advice you to use your time of solitude as means to write new material.

Lili: Oh fist bump! What a great idea! Maybe I'll write something about flying, floating, or wings! Something that has anything to do with altitudes!

Keiko: Wings sounds like a good idea.

Yuri: Uhhh, doesn't it make you like, uhhh, think about feminine napkins?

Keiko: Geez.

Lili: Oh you are so cute! Maybe you're just hungry again?

Yuri: Actually, uhhhh, yeah.

Lili: Well then! Let me press this button and the...

Flight Attendant: Hi miss! What Can I do for you?

Lili: That was quick! Anyway, do you have wieners here?

Keiko: Make it a big one.

Lili: Yuri here has an appetite for meat.

Keiko: Meat sandwiches to be specific.

Yuri: Uhhhh, yeah. I'll give you a generous tip, don't worry. We'll be getting big paychecks, uhhh soon.

Lili: Very, very...

Keiko: Soon.

Edited by user 13 September 2016 20:31:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

(click on the banner for more info)

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked squaregatescrub for this useful post.
erich hess on 13/09/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/09/2016(UTC), Clampdown on 14/09/2016(UTC)
Offline squaregatescrub  
#2 Posted : 14 September 2016 15:24:36(UTC)
squaregatescrub

"A taste of Japan"

UserPostedImage

The girls have finally arrived at the land of the rising sun and were greeted by a very enthusiastic crowd. If there is anything good about Boss Amaya it is that she knows how to manipulate the masses. She's a success story in the sports entertainment business so that is to be expected. After a short press conference at the airport lobby, the girls and their stuff were then transported to a van that will take them to their new permanent residence in Tokyo.

Here's an excerpt from their chatter while on the road:

Yuri: That was uhhhhh, crazy.

Keiko: Yeah, that was like more people than all of our audiences in Arkansas combined.

Lili: It's the internet! I swear! Boss Amaya probably saw a video of us online and she was like, oh these girls have potential! I'll bring them to the big city!

Yuri: Uhhh, isn't that like too much of a Cinderella story?

Keiko: It happens. The probability is quite low but it does.

Lili: Yes! Science! Fist bump!!

Keiko: It's a beginning of a new chapter in our lives. We got to be thankful you know?

Yuri: Uhhh yeah. I sure wish there's a deli near our apartment.

Keiko: Well, that's part of the contract. I read the fine print.

Lili: Gotta satisfy Yuri's lifetime meat cravings.

Yuri: Thank goodness, uhhhh, yeah.

Keiko: Anyway, I must say that this place is kinda overwhelming. Look at all these lights and stuff.

Yuri: Meh, I'm more concerned about our uhhhh, neighborhood.

Lili: You mean gangs and stuff?

Yuri: No, food.

Keiko: For being the thinnest in this group, you seem to have the most appetite. What an astonishing creature.

Yuri: Uhhh yeah. I just love eating.

Keiko: Oh, yummy.

Lili: You know what? We better hit the local food spots once we get settled in

Yuri: Oh, uhhhh, yes.

Keiko: We better get settled in fast because we have a ridiculously tight schedule.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked squaregatescrub for this useful post.
erich hess on 14/09/2016(UTC)
Offline squaregatescrub  
#3 Posted : 16 September 2016 01:33:01(UTC)
squaregatescrub

"Yuri's Withdrawal"

UserPostedImage

The girls just finished a sizzling set and decided to go to a local fast food to eat their late night dinner.

Keiko: Fried tempuras! Gotta have an extra serving of soy sauce for this one.

Lili: Oh! Let me take a picture first! I'm like so excited to discover these things!

Keiko: We do have some Japanese inspired meals in Arkansas but they are not quite like this.

Lili: You bet! Oh I'm gonna chowdown on this!

Keiko: Hey, Yuri, you wasted or something?

Lili: You sounded ok out there love. What's bothering you?

Yuri: Uhhh..

Keiko: Here we go.

Lili: Hmmmm?

Yuri: Damn uhhhhh it Keiko! I thought we'll have like a uhhhhh, deli place in this area?!

Keiko: I should have been more specific with you. It said "food" meaning generic food.

Yuri: Why you uhhhhhh, you..

Lili: Yuri!

Yuri: I just miss my hoagies. I miss shoving elongated breads in my mouth.

Keiko: That's understandable. Ever since you moved to Arkansas, I think your folks just force fed you with bread, or something like that.

Yuri: Yeah, uhhhh, something like that.

Lili: You guys smile, I'm taking pictures.

Yuri: Bear with, uhhh, me guys.

Keiko: Here, try this carrot tempura.

Yuri: Uhhhh, this like uhhhh

Keiko: Get used to it.

Lili: Slowly but surely love.

Yuri: Uhhhhhh, man, this will uhhh, take awhile. I'm uhhh having a taste bud breakdown here.

Keiko: Hmmm having a breakdown.

Yuri: Uhhhh What?

Lili: She's probably thinking about a riff or something.

Keiko: Precisely. We need more food.

Lili: Loving the atmosphere here?

Keiko: Yes and I'm just famished.

Yuri: Uhhhh, good for you then.

Lili: Oh well! More food! fist bump!

UserPostedImage
erich hess on 16/09/2016(UTC)
Offline squaregatescrub  
#4 Posted : 17 September 2016 00:15:08(UTC)
squaregatescrub

"Yuri and Lili's Fonder Endorsement deal"

UserPostedImage

It was a beautiful Sunday morning and the girls are invited into the Fonder Guitar factory. Full-Figured Four Records just secured a guitar endorsement deal for Yuri and Lili. It's usually the other way around but we all know how Boss Amaya does business. Anyway, with Keiko tagging along, the girls are thrilled to enter the factory knowing that they will go out of it's door with gear that is named after them and a fatter check. This is what's happening at the lobby while they are waiting for the manager to come out:

Yuri: Uhhh, wee. I guess we're uhhh, really famous now.

Lili: You bet! I was so happy that we're given this opportunity! We're really making history now!

Keiko: I'm so happy for you two. Just imagine, an instrument made to your specifications? That is awesome.

Lili: Not only that, It will be named after us too!

Yuri: Yeah, uhhh, hooray.

Keiko: Boss told us that they should be ready by the time we release our first single.

Lili: Yes! Helps with the promotion!

Yuri: Helps with the, uhhh, income too.

Keiko: It's the rockstar trifecta. Income from touring, endorsements, and records. The last one is kind of compromised due to piracy but..

Lili: Keiko!

Keiko: Alright, I won't jinx it.

Yuri: Uhhhh, yeah, this is Japan, people here are uhhhh, grateful and honorable.

Lili: Oh yeah! I read that in a blog somewhere.

Representative: Oh hi there girls!

Lili: Oh my, here's our guy!

Keiko: Well, hello there.

Yuri: Let's get it on, I'm uhhhh, hungry.

Representative: Don't worry, I was instructed to keep this short and simple because according to Ms. Amaya, you still have some other businesses to attend to.

Keiko: You bet. It's brutal.

Lili: It's well worth it though.

Representative: It's a wild world out there. Anyway, so let's start with the body shapes. Let me walk you to our showroom so that I can show you some of our prototypes and we can take it from there.

A few hours later:

Yuri: Yeah, uhhh, that's right. I want those uuhhh, pickup thingy to sound uhhh, like big.

Lili: I on the other hand would like to have a big sound with enough bark to cut through the mix.

Yuri: Yeah, we want it, uhhhh to be thick.

Representative: Hmmmm I see. You girls got some tastes.

And a few more hours later:

Keiko: Looks good to me.

Lili: Oh yes! I love the color combination and the simplicity of the electronics.

Yuri: Uhhh, we just have to wait for the final product then. Uhhhh, yeah.

Keiko: I'm very excited for my bandmates. I want to know how these instruments will change our overall sound.

Yuri: I'm actually excited to uhhhh, hear the tone thingy of those uhhh, pickup things.

Representative: Our team of master builders will make sure to have it released on the date that Ms. Amaya has specified.

Keiko: Wow, she is indeed hands on when it comes to business.

Representative: She's no champ for nothing.

Yuri: Uhhhh yeah, she was pretty big back then. In wrestling, uhhh, yeah.

Lili: You actually know that stuff?

Yuri: I watch online.

Lili: Cool!

Keiko: Anyway, It was a pleasure working with you.

Representative: Oh I had a blast! By the way, can I have an autograph? I actually have a copy of your Muscle Man Triumphant single.

Lili: Oh! Lovely! Sure!

Yuri: Just one last thing, we'll receive money for this uhhhh, right?

Representative: Not only that, you'll also get payment from the print ads and guitar show appearances that we booked you in.

Keiko: Great.

Lili: Oh the people that we'll meet on the road! Lovely!

Keiko: No rest for the wicked indeed.

Yuri: But uhhhh, we're not wicked.

Keiko: Just ride with it Yuri.

Yuri: Uhhhh, Ok.

UserPostedImage
erich hess on 17/09/2016(UTC)
Offline squaregatescrub  
#5 Posted : 18 September 2016 14:20:32(UTC)
squaregatescrub

"Yuri's Magazine Interview"

UserPostedImage

The girls are now really on the road to stardom as evidenced by a magazine cover graced by Yuri. Here is the part of the interview that talks about Yuri's upcoming signature guitar.

Interviewer: It is no secret that you and Lili made arrangements with the Fonder company to produce a signature line of instruments. Can you tell our readers some insights?

Yuri: Uhhhh, it's actually the boss who made the, uhhh, arrangements but, yeah. They'll be selling uhhh, instruments that were designed in cooperation with us.

Interviewer: That is very cool! What is the design process? I guess it's a dream come true for musicians like you to have custom instruments?

Yuri: It's uhhh simple, really. You just pick this wood and that uhhhh, wood, then this metal thingy, and that thingy, and that after a few hours of this and that, you cobble something, uhhhh, up.

Interviewer: That accounts for the physical design of the instruments, how about the tonality? How did you and Lili came up with it? Did you test multiple pickup configurations?

Yuri: I just said that uhhhh, so I want this pickup thingy to sound big, and uuuuhhh, this and that and that was uhhhh, it. As per Lili, uhhh, I can't really talk like Lili so call her or uhhh, something.

Interviewer: I do believe that is true. When will it come out in the market? I do believe that these instruments will be featured on your next record right?

Yuri: We actually already have the, uhhhhh, prototypes and we uhhhh, enjoyed it. Way better than the, uhhhhh, Chinese ripoffs that I've been uuuuhhhh, using lately.

Interviewer: Will the retail version be the same as the ones that you have?

Yuri: Yes. Uhhhh, yeah. We like them uhhhh, so much and uhhh, they are not that expensive to mass produce so, uhhh, yeah.

Interviewer: Seems you are really pleased with the outcome. How about Lili?

Yuri: Yeah, uuuhhhh, yeah, both of us like it.

Interviewer: Great! How about the amps?

Yuri: Uhhh, Koharu takes care of that. We just use whatever she, uhhhh, has in the studio. They sound great. She's uhhh a great technician.

Interviewer: And who is this Koharu person? It's the first time that I heard of such a name mentioned by a member of Uranus.

Yuri: She's uhhh, the technical expert thingy of uhhhh, Full-Figured Four Records. She takes care of the instruments and uhhhh, recording machine stuff. Great multi-instrumentalist uhhh, too.

Interviewer: Great multi-instrumentalist you said? Will or did she have any instrumental parts or participation on the upcoming record?

Yuri: Uhhh, none. She might be, uhhhh, available for the album uhhh, tour.

Interviewer: Really? What instrument? This is something! We're so used to see you girls perform as a trio.

Yuri: Uhhh, we're contemplating on having a live, uhhh drummer.

Interviewer: And Koharu is being considered for the role? That is great.

Yuri: Uhhh, yeah. Keep it in the, uhhhh, family. She treats our gear with utmost care so uhhh, we treat her good too.

Interviewer: I bet the gears are a big investment?

Yuri: Ask uhhh, the boss that question.

Interviewer: When we get the chance. Anyway, any final words to your fans before we wrap this up? Any expectations for the upcoming record and the Yuri Yamanaka and Kylie Kristapson signature guitar and bass?

Yuri: Uhhh, buy them. Uhhh, yeah. Good stuff. Well worth your, uhhhh, money. Don't download illegaly and uhhhh, don't buy the knockoffs.

Interviewer: Thank you so much!

UserPostedImage
erich hess on 18/09/2016(UTC)
Offline squaregatescrub  
#6 Posted : 19 September 2016 21:05:20(UTC)
squaregatescrub

"Lili's TV show guesting"

UserPostedImage

While Yuri is busy in her magazine interview, Lili is also busy in promoting her upcoming signature bass and the new Uranus record. Here's an excerpt from the Guitar Nerds TV show:

Host: We're back and here with us, Kylie Kristapson! Give her a hand!

Lili: Thank you so much my loves!

Host: So, let's talk about the upcoming single! What can we expect?

Lili: It's the same Uranus brand of music with a new flavoring! Expect A little bit more guitars from Yuri on the new track!

Host: Oh, so is Uranus heading towards a more guitar oriented sound?

Lili: Not really, it's just that we're trying to balance things out too. We're known for Keiko's keyboard assualt so we want to show the fans that we can produce something a bit different while still preserving the Uranus kind of music.

Host: Are you trying to tread towards the heavy metal territory?

Lili: I must say that we can play heavy, but not heavy metal heavy. But hey, who knows, we can try right?

Host: I think it's a good idea as long as you don't do a radical change and alienate your growing fan base.

Lili: The fans mean everything and we will do everything to take care of our lovely fans!

Host: That is great! Anyway, how is the new bass? As per our researchers, it will be launched alongside the new single right?

Lili: Oh, it's great! We actually recorded our guitar and bass parts using the prototypes and it was a blast! I am pretty sure that the production models will give their buyers the same joys as we had. And yes, they will be available on the same date as the new single.

Host: That is great. Tone wise, what does the new bass offer?

Lili: It cuts through the mix like a hot knife on a butter. It is imperative that the bass be heard on our mix due to the nature of our music.

Host: Trying to get rid of that muddiness?

Lili: Definitely no muddy bass tones. We don't want that.

Host: What kind of pickups are you using?

Lili: I just love the tone of single coils and I'm sticking with them.

Host: How about the hum? How do you combat that? I've heard a lot of techniques and I am curious as to what you do.

Lili: It's all about the shielding and stuff. You can just read it on Fonder's website. All I know is that noiseless single coils are lovely!

Host: As lovely as you are!

Lili: Why, thanks!

Host: Blooming as always! Thanks for gracing our show tonight! We wish you all the best!

Lili: Same to you! More power to your lovely show!

Host: Any parting words for the many fans out there watching?

Lili: Continue to support us and we'll make sure to deliver our lovely music to you, our lovely fans, with more grace and power! Watch out for our upcoming single and signature instruments!

UserPostedImage
erich hess on 19/09/2016(UTC)
Offline squaregatescrub  
#7 Posted : 21 September 2016 23:01:34(UTC)
squaregatescrub

"Who is that girl"

UserPostedImage

It was a chilly night in Tokyo and the girls decided to have some coffee before heading home. Keiko obviously had extra milk on her cup of americano.

Keiko: Wow, I know that the Boss can play but I never expected that she'll actually try to form a band and tour.

Yuri: Uhhh, and that's on top of running the uhhhh, label.

Lili: She's a superstar, she's used to this hectic, day to day grind. I'm so happy for her.

keiko: Yeah, she's really realizing her goals.

Yuri: Uhhh, I'm actually curious as to, uhhh, who will be her support musicians.

Lili: Tall order if you ask me. Better be good.

Keiko: Well, she is good. I have jammed with her several times even before we formed this band.

Lili: Really!? That I didn't know!

Keiko: Just a stroke of destiny I guess? She was still wrestling as Crush Amaya back then.

Yuri: Hmmmm, Uhhh, was that during their summer tour in the U.S.?

Keiko: Yep. They took a break, tried visiting the local music store to check out some basses, I was also there checking stuff, a jam ensued, and the rest is history.

Yuri: It was uhhhh, well known in the wrestling world that she actually played on the recording of her, uhhhhh, ring entrance thingy.

Keiko: Correct. She actually wrote that riff.

Lili: Really? Awesome!

Yuri: So, uhhh, We'll just wait and see where this goes.

Keiko: Yeah, I do hope we get the chance to jam with her or something.

Lili: Lovely! Hopefully a collaboration of some sorts!

Keiko: Whatever the case may be, it's good for this new label and I'm pretty sure that it will grow more.

Yuri: Uhhh, most definitely. I can already, uhhh, see us releasing tons of uhhh, records and we earn tons of money.

Keiko: Classic Yuri.

Lili: The usual. Love it!

Yuri: Uhhhhh, hmmmmm.

Lili: What's up?

Something, or someone has caught Yuri's eyes.

Yuri: Uhhhh, do you guys uhhh, know that girl?

Keiko: Who?

Yuri: At Uhhhh, Lili's 9 o'clock. For some reason, uhhhh, she's..

Keiko: Yeah, she does look familiar.

Yuri: And she's uhhhh, kinda glancing over here.

Lili: Who knows, maybe she's a fan!

Keiko: She looks familiar, darn it.

Yuri: She's Uhhhh, a guitarist, obviously.

Lili: There's a case. Lovely observation there Yuri!

Yuri: Uhhh, I guess.

Who was that girl? Are they related in any way to our trio? Stay tuned!

Edited by user 03 October 2016 14:34:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
erich hess on 22/09/2016(UTC)