logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 03 October 2009 07:48:57(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
ooc: Set in first person of Mike, ex The Lost drummer.

Airport

I sat down in the blue chair and looked around at the world rushing around before his eyes. An airport was the only place you’d get people of all shapes, sizes, races and colours just going about their business. It was quite strange actually. Everyone looked so busy. Everyone looked so stressed. Surely that’s not the point of going on a holiday? It’s quite ironic actually. You go on a holiday to get away from wherever you’re from, but you just bring it all with you. When you go on holiday you realise the world around you isn’t the problem, it’s you.

And then of course you get the kids, running around, playing tag. And their parents in hot pursuit, ready to give their children a clip on the ear for embarrassing them.

And then of course you get the craned necks, like dinosaurs, all looking up at the big screens with the plane times. It really was a very animalistic place, an airport. You could be the nicest person in the world but at an airport you’re only ever looking after number 1. Then of course there are the always beautiful stewardesses. It would be Ben’s heaven, here. Even with Leslie tagging along behind him. It was strange actually, with Jess I was never shocked at Ben making an attempt at settling down, but now he’s with Leslie it feels weird. Maybe it’s because Jess liked a bit of a party herself, whereas Leslies a lot more cool and controlled. But still, it can only be a good thing. If Ben’s off the drugs and the drink, then what harm could she be doing him? He’d told me a couple of times that she’d actually let him have a joint or two whilst he was coming down, but nothing else. He’d even given up the fags. Amazing. Cocaine and heroin, the two most addictive drugs in the world and all he needed was Leslie. All he needed was a little cuddle.

In fact, I’m going to meet Ben. He’s in London in his apartment, we’re going on a boys night out, which basically means orange juice and watching some Jazz musician nowadays. In some ways I do miss the old Ben, I do miss the excitement of being around him. But the guy nearly died OD’ing. It was selfish to ever want the old Ben back. And he was still a bag of laughs, and is still great fun to be around, just a lot more mature.

I stood up and joined the herd and looked up at the screen. My flight was in 20 minutes, so I had time to kill. I noticed there was a Smithy’s here and decided to buy a book. Very rockstar. Actually as I got inside and noticed the stares I was getting I decided it’d be better to buy some shitty paper instead. On the front page was some crap about Billy Maddison and that woman of his. Now I like Billy, he’s a good bloke. But why on earth he keeps getting back with her I don't know. I just wish they’d either stay together or Billy should go get on that other girl he dumped the other day. No point in all the confusion and worry.

Still, I was happy, and that was all that mattered. I had no ties, no girlfriend, and no wife. Freedom felt amazing. I could live off the money I’d picked up from The Lost for another good 60 years, but that wasn’t what I wanted to do. I wanted to see the sights, see the amazing things that life had to offer but I had been previously too ignorant to worry about. I was too busy smoking joints and getting pissed to notice that life was too short to be wasted on things like that. And so I made a promise myself to go around the world, backpacking, next year. I would take a bank card round with me and a mobile phone, in case I really did ever get into trouble, but aside from that I would just live. Just travel. I would catch flights only every few months, and I’d trek or hitchhike everywhere else. My first destination was America. I’d buy a fat motorbike with a fat exhaust and a fat engine and just ride around, on my own. Just meeting the people and meeting the nation. And then I’d move onto South America, see the Amazon, live in it. Live life how humans were meant to, you know? Just there, in the rainforest, on my own. Then I’d catch a boat over to Africa, where the adventure really would begin. I planned to work my way around the continent in any job I could find. Making the money as when I could and where I could. I’d move from South Africa up to Egypt, and then cross over into Europe. From there, I could go anywhere. Germany, France, Belgium, Holland – everywhere. Then through to Russia and onto Asia, then right back round to Canada where I’d live a further 6 months, just in the mountains.

Yeah, yeah, you may say I can’t do that and you may say I spend too much time dreaming. But if you never try and chase your dream you’ll never catch it.

End of part 1...

Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 03 October 2009 08:10:41(UTC)
Aj

Man

ooc: Oh and feel free to admire my brilliance.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 03 October 2009 08:43:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
ooc: lol you could make a song from this x]
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 03 October 2009 08:55:35(UTC)
Aj

Man

RoseJapanFan wrote:
ooc: lol you could make a song from this x]

ooc: What do you mean? :P
Offline Aj  
#5 Posted : 04 October 2009 03:51:24(UTC)
Aj

Man

I was sat reading the paper for about ten minutes or so, flicking past most of the pages which were almost entirely about dull stories until I got to one about some space ship that was going up with some space tourist.

As I said, today’s news was shit.

I blankly scanned the page, reading about this guy. Some billionaire, owner of a circus. Lucky bastard, I thought.

I was interrupted from my passionate reading by a ball being thrown at my head. Not a big one, just a small blow up beach ball. It bounced off my head and landed in front of me. I looked over the top of my paper to see a kid with the biggest grin I’d ever seen stretched across his face. It made me chuckle at how such a small face could fit a smile that size. I smiled back, kicking the ball back to him. He bent over, clasping the ball as it rolled towards him. As he turned around, his mother came skidding round the corner.

“There you are!” She said, panting slightly. As she turned and saw me looking up at her, she realised what had happened. “Oh! TJ! What have you done? Say sorry to the poor man.” She said to the kid, who just turned round with his stupid grin. The mother was stunning. Midnight black hair with chocolate brown eyes. Her skin was perfectly smooth and a dark shade, probably mixed –raced. She smiled, nervous and embaressed at me. Either she’d just realised who I was or realised she should know who I was. “I’m really sorry, there’s just no keeping up with him!” She let out a slight chuckle, as did I, looking down at the still grinning kid.

“It’s fine, honestly. It was an accident.”

“Well, you’re very kind but I am sorry. I hope he didn’t knock anything over.”

“Na, I’m only reading some naff paper anyway.” She smiled after this, and she seemed to linger slightly over what she was about to say next.

“So, um, when’s your flight?”

“In about... 10 minutes, yours?”

“Really? Wow, so is mine. Where are you heading – London?”

“Yeah, yeah I am. I’m seeing a friend of mine. Ben Alex, you’ve heard of him?” I asked, knowing she’d say yes. Secretly hoping that she knew my name too.

“Yeah, of course I do. And I know you. Just I didn’t want to freak you out.” Again, she chuckled nervously, which I, again, echoed back to her. I stood up, leaving my paper on the chair.

“You want to go get a coffee?” The words just tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them. I stood there for a second looking at her awkwardly. “Unless, you’re doing something of course.”

“No, no. I’d like that. We’ve got 10 minutes. Why not?” We both smiled, we all smiled. The kid as well, but that goes without saying. I felt a slight twinge inside of me. They say you know when it happens to you. Well, I was pretty sure I knew...

End of Part 2

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 04 October 2009 04:06:17(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

ooc: Like you could make a song called airport ._.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Aj  
#7 Posted : 04 October 2009 07:58:11(UTC)
Aj

Man

We must have been sitting here for about 5 minutes, and already I know her whole life story. She was married to man, but he beat her. Taking Sam (her son) with her, she escaped from him. Raising Sam on her own she’s now a ‘highly influential executive in a large company’, apparently, and she’s going on a business trip.

She was amazing. The way she spoke, the way her eyes glinted. The way she cared for Sam. I don’t know what the exact thing was, but all I knew was that I liked her. She spoke to me as if I’d known her for years, rather than for mere minutes. And so did I. I spoke to her like I would to Ben or to Liam, and she hung onto every last word.

“Bugger, look at the time. We better go. What class are you in?” She asked, clutching Sam’s hand and the luggage.

“Normal, don’t like travelling First. I don’t like the people.” I said, without thinking that she might be flying first, but as I looked up and saw her expression I knew it was something she thought as well. We both stood up and I took Sam’s luggage whilst she carried him. Approaching customs I took out the shiney ticket and handed it to a lady in a blue suit. With a typical stewardess painted smile, she said for me to enjoy my flight. Sam and Danielle trailing behind.

We sat down on the right hand side of the plane, right next to the wing. Great. I’m scared shitless of planes anyway, let alone having to see the bloody wing. Anyway, no matter. I – we, had a long flight ahead of us. Better get some rest, I thought. It would be night by the time I get there. Best try to avoid jet lag as best I could. I told Danielle this and she agreed this was a good idea and we both rested our heads back on the pillows.

ooc: By the way, I'm posting these as I write them but they're all meant to be happening on one day.
Offline Aj  
#8 Posted : 06 October 2009 08:40:16(UTC)
Aj

Man

I awoke to near silence. Everyone was sleeping, and the only noise that you could hear was the faint hum of the engines and the soft natter of the stewardesses somewhere onboard. I looked to my left and Danielle was sleeping peacefully, Sam resting his head on her shoulder. Their chests slowly moved up and down in sync as they breathed in and out. I smiled slightly, not a fat grin, just a small smile. A smile of contentment. I looked outside my window and was greeted by the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The sky was a dark, bloody orange with perfect streaks of stained yellow clouds leading out of the abyss that was the setting sun, disappearing over the other side of the world, melting into the Atlantic Ocean. The slight ripples of the waves were drawn out across the dark blue almost to the point the sea looked like a sheet of perfect blue cloth. As the hazy sun slowly departed, I lay back on my chair, relaxing into its comfort. One of the stewardesses smiled at me as she noticed I was awake. She made a gesture with her cup of tea, asking if I wanted some. I just shook my head and smiled. I reached into my pocket and grabbed my Ipod and turned it on. Fully charged, good to go. I had a look at my music and ended up choosing Ben Folds ‘The Frown Song’. Nice cheery song. Very pretty. As the synths of the begginging of it slowly began to play I settled more comfortably into the chair, tapping my hand on the arm rest. In fact, I did it slightly to loud and got a look from the stewardess. Embaressed I finsished my little solo there and decided to carry on listening.

I looked at Danielle. Her face, her lips, her hair. Everything about her. I felt yet another twinge in my chest. I don't know. I’ve known her for what, best part of 20 minutes? But I feel something... something I feel every time I go up on that stage. Something I feel when I play THAT solo at the start of Clowning Around. That feeling I get when I see 60,000 people screaming at the top of their voices ‘Cos I’m, Miles High’, and then Ben echoing it back. Now I’m not saying I was in love, but I felt something. It was a start, right?

ooc: The final part of this thing of beauty will be up tomorrow.
Offline Aj  
#9 Posted : 08 October 2009 03:32:35(UTC)
Aj

Man

ooc: Really sorry, but I feel like shit lately so I haven't been able to get on. No ones reading it anyway so it doesn't matter, but I won't be carrying on with this until I get better. I will still be on the forums and stay as usually but I'll end this now.
Offline Raphaela  
#10 Posted : 08 October 2009 10:37:15(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
OOC: I read it! :(
Shame you can't continue, but I want an end. Get better soon.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 08 October 2009 11:11:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

ooc: I read it too thats why i said make a song :D but hope you feel better! ^^
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Paradox  
#12 Posted : 08 October 2009 11:29:15(UTC)
Paradox

Man

OOC was waiting for this... get better
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Taylr  
#13 Posted : 09 October 2009 02:47:01(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
ooc: I also read it!