logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 15 December 2016 11:21:09(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Track: Ain't That Deep
Artist: Rum
Genre: Soul
Label: Tric-Jam, Studio60 Records
Written by: Nina "Rum" Tarantino
Produced by: DrewWB
Length: 4:00

“Ain't That Deep” is a single written and recorded by Cuban-Barbadian rapper and producer Niña "Rum" Tarantino. Rumored to be apart of a pending solo album, the track serves as Rum's first solo track in 2 years. Produced by Drew Westbrook, the song's mellow sound gives insight to Rum's views on religion, more specifically, Christianity.

Rum wrote:
Everytime you hear a song about religion, it's annoyingly passionate. Like, it doesn't matter if their gracious or furious, the singer is just always in their feelings. I thought it'd be cool and refreshing to make a song about belief in higher powers that seemed pretty nonchalant. The beat is such a slow jam and I wanted to downplay all emotion, kind of give the song a monotonic this-is-just-another-Sunday feel.

You ever heard of the "gay agenda"? Check this, the straights are so intimidated by the LGBTQ+ community finally getting some representation that they really think there's some agenda to make all our kids gay and get rid of the REAL men! That idea no doubt stems from the minds of a lot of Christians. Growing up I'd always listen to Grandma Nita talk about how the world is full of sin and the world was tryna kill all the true believers off but if you knew Jesus, it was like having the platinum credit card with no limits and a Free membership to Costco. In this song I sort of sing to her. It took me a long time to realize how irrational that sounded, the world's way too random for someone to be keeping all these tabs on it. Naturally, I assume that no one is.

OOC: the soundalike is the actual song but it's not on YouTube because Frank Ocean and Beyonce wanna be indie SO bad

"Santa Claus is a lie told
To make the season marketable
They only care about the toys sold
No damns for the damned souls"
That's exactly what you told me
"No different from the days in Rome
Hide the truth and they'll never know"
"Want us gone want us on the street
Only way to keep the rest sleep
'Cause dead men tell no tales
And no one gets any ideas
Never goes to those who know hell
When he, the devil, goes to make a deal"
And it's telling

What you said was wrong
Don't know why it took so long
For me to see
The world just ain't that deep

"Ain't it weird, ain't it real funny?
What's the deal with that Easter Bunny?
Good Friday ain't too good
Don't know the meaning like we all should"
"Provided answers and they're still lost
Learn the science just to neglect the cross"
"Can't even pray in the schools
Mute the elders, stunt the youth
But listen child, I know what to do
Pray hard, say it's God you choose
And everything's gonna be okay
With him you'll never see a bad day"
And it's telling

What you said was wrong
Don't know why it took so long
For me to see
The world just ain't that deep

Edited by user 15 December 2016 11:25:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 10 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 15/12/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 15/12/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/12/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 15/12/2016(UTC), erich hess on 15/12/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 15/12/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 15/12/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/12/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 16/12/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 17/12/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#2 Posted : 15 December 2016 11:32:21(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Naomi: Damn girl not even five seconds in and you ruined christmas for every child and parent trying way too hard to lie to their children about a white fat man with a beard longer than any weave you'll ever see who wears red and spies on the kids while they sleep how dare you Rum? And then you come for a bunny who leaves sketchy eggs around parks okay enough unfunny jokes lovin this track Rum it's really deep that instrumental has a nice little ring to it and the message is great and I like how different it is from most of the stuff being released around this time great job here Rum
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
kandii on 15/12/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 15 December 2016 13:58:27(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: the last time I was this woke was when someone switched my Folgers crystals for crystal meth. That was the strongest cup of coffee I EVER had.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 16/12/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/12/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#4 Posted : 16 December 2016 03:11:15(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: I was searching for my weave the whole time listening to this! You did THAT bitch! Honesty truly, Santa is cancelled.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
kandii on 16/12/2016(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 16 December 2016 04:36:25(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Naomi: Damn girl not even five seconds in and you ruined christmas for every child and parent trying way too hard to lie to their children about a white fat man with a beard longer than any weave you'll ever see who wears red and spies on the kids while they sleep how dare you Rum? And then you come for a bunny who leaves sketchy eggs around parks okay enough unfunny jokes lovin this track Rum it's really deep that instrumental has a nice little ring to it and the message is great and I like how different it is from most of the stuff being released around this time great job here Rum

Rum: My impact!! Thanks a lot, boo. I always try to be different but I usually fail.

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: the last time I was this woke was when someone switched my Folgers crystals for crystal meth. That was the strongest cup of coffee I EVER had.

Rum: That sounds like a horrible experience that I would never want anyone to endure in their life but YAS! STAY WOKE, ERICH!!

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: I was searching for my weave the whole time listening to this! You did THAT bitch! Honesty truly, Santa is cancelled.

Rum: Say it louder for the people ion the back! Rudolph the red-nosed flop WHO? I'm the true beacon of light!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 16/12/2016(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#6 Posted : 16 December 2016 05:01:24(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Tyler: you feel that that's the child spirit with hopes and dreams being crushed. The economy going in the toilet I'm going to blame Rum.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
kandii on 16/12/2016(UTC)
Online C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 17 December 2016 05:00:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Alicia: This track is actually insanely beautiful and raw to me. I'm not sure if that's the takeaway from other people, maybe I'm dealing with stuff that's making me question my faith, I don't know. But what I do know is that this is real, it's beautiful and it hits home. I truly love this song and I need more because one thing that is guaranteed with your music is truth and I admire that aspect of you and your music so greatly.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
kandii on 17/12/2016(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 25 December 2016 12:42:06(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Hayden: It would be great if people would be more honest and quit the bs but people can't handle the truth. And literally nobody can tell you why Good Friday is called Good Friday. I think they get that confused with Easter but we're too busy thinking bunnies lay damn eggs. It makes me want to throw a chair.

OOC: Great job on this song :) It's a creative take on Christianity which I don't think a lot of songs here even talk much about religion lol.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 25/12/2016(UTC)