logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 17 December 2016 17:03:59(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

THE EXHALE - LET YOU GO

UserPostedImage
Artist: The Exhale
Title: "Let You Go"
Release Date: December 17th, 2016
Genre: Pop
Record Label: Permanent Reminder
Songwriters: Jayson Gerard, Jonas Rosseau, Rafael Blanche, Matheo Gautier
Rex Perez, Cameron Curtis
Producers: J.R. Rotem
From The Album: TBA (2017)

It's the fourth quarter of 2016 and it seems as if acts are rushing out the end of the year releases, and for good reason as well. 2016 proved to be a rather exciting years with brief stints of hyper activeness and quietness but the music never stopped. One specific act that has been making waves from the moment they hit the spotlight is The Exhale. The boyband made up of teenage members Jayson Gerard, Matheo Gautier, Rafael Blanche and Jonas Rosseau have been quickly making their way up the rankings of the industry after being discovered by one of Permanent Reminder front-women Candice Cortez. Originally named "The Four" the boys made quite the name for themselves in their home country of France as exciting street performers who simply found a love for music, singing and performance. After being discovered, the group was re-vamped as The Exhale and signed to Permanent Reminder.

After receiving from impromptu training from some of pop music's elite over at Permanent Reminder, the newly named The Exhale embarked on Kato's massive "For The Record Tour" that instantly exposed The Exhale to a wide range of fans and gave them their first "live performance" experiences that the boys called "unbelievable and a "dream come true". It seems as if they were just getting started as later on in 2016 The Exhale announced their debut record "Firework", that was smartly released on Firework's Day (U.K) on November 5th, 2016. The single was met with mixed to mostly positive reviews and skyrocketed the charts, really giving The Exhale the exposure they might have not expected so quickly in their careers. Later that week the boys had a very candid interview with Pop-phase and even performed on the X-Factor in support of their hot debut single. Whether no one knows it or not, the boys have been hard at work on releasing their debut album, which is set for an early 2017 release.

Despite Firework being released over a month ago, the boys of The Exhale have been excitedly waiting to release yet another song for their "exhalers". After the success of Firework, the members have been teasing an early second release on all of their social media's, calling it an early "present" for their fans who have been ever-so supportive of all the things the boys do and especially for being patient. Their debut release had been pushed back for unknown reasons earlier this year so the members collectively felt like releasing another record for the fans would really supply the appetite of their fans who have been waiting and could really set them up for their debut album, all the while giving listeners more of a taste of what is to come from their highly anticipated debut studio album. Earlier this year, The Exhaled penned a track and entered the studio with well known producer J.R Rotem and recorded a track entitled "Let You Go". This track was specifically chosen as a second release and a follow up to Firework, because unlike Firework which is mostly looked at as an uplifting, floor filling club banger, "Let You Go" really gives the boys a chance to show off their vocal abilities slightly better than the dance-floor heavy debut, all the while maintaining that catchy youthful sound that The Exhale is slowly becoming known for.

"Let You Go" is a single release by French pop boyband "The Exhale" and will be released on December 17th, 2016 worldwide through Permanent Reminder as a promotional single from their to be announced debut album. The record was produced by J.R Rotem and features vocals by The Exhale members Jayson Gerard, Matheo Gautier, Jonas Rosseau, and Rafael Blanche. The record is a doo-wop styled track that pleasantly shows off solid vocal performances by all four members of The Exhale. Over a feel good, sultry-esque production, the boys tackles the topic of letting go of problematic after the feeling of love seems to have left their hearts and in the end, it was best to let that person go. With striking lyrics that even give a hint of provactive-ness, the members tell a story in three minutes and thirty seconds over a subtle, breezy record while the chorus is light and insanely catchy with it's soulful, retro styled production that is bigger than the rest of the verses sound wise.

The record starts off with a snapping, clapping intro that is aided by the vocals of Jayson Gerard who begins the record with his proclaiming vocals that sink in well with the laid back production of the record. Right after his lines, Rafael comes in, Raffy has a voice slightly similar to Jayson's but with a nasal to it, making it easy to recognize whenever he begins singing. Jayson then makes way again, singing the pre-chorus as the songs rises up into the big chorus. The boys join together for the chorus, as their voices blend wonderfully together. You can mostly hear Jayson and Matheo's vocals blending over their harmonizing voices, you can instantly tell they took the lead for the chorus. While Rafael and Jonas are heard too, Jayson and Matheo's voices are slightly turned up. It works well as their voices are bigger, but blend well with Rafael and Jonas who have softer tones. Matheo then takes the second chorus. He really gets a chance to show off his soulful, R&B like emotive vocals. There's a grit to Matheo's vocals that has him stand out over such mellow production. Jonas's soft, distinct vocals are heard next as he sings after Matheo. His voice glides nicely over the slow beats, and Jonas has a soft controlled voice that sounds in place with the production. Jayson and Jonas then tackle the next lines and then the chorus makes way once more. After, the boys all join together for bridge, each splitting a line until we get to the chorus once again. Here the boys do adlibs, singing in the background. Jayson gives a few high notes along with Matheo. Finally, the final lines of the record are sung by Jayson and the song comes to a doo wopping end.

UserPostedImage

Jayson
Matheo
Raffy
Jonas

The clock's ticking down, day by day
Counting the time till I have the nerve to say
Words that were stuck inside my head
Words that I wish I would've said

I always hoped that maybe you would change,
That you would finally grow up act your age.
But that never happened so I turned a new page.

Baby I wasn't strong enough
Strong enough for all the head f*ck
Had me going round in constant circles,
Was it me?
Or was it plain bad luck?

When I was feeling that our love had lost its meaning,
I just opened up my heart and I let you go. (Let you go)
Cause even the darkest days must always have an ending,
But that ending was a long, long time ago.
Yeah that ending was a long, long time ago.
Let you go girl, I let you go.

I shake it up but I can't forget,
All those times I've been upset.
You killed the boy inside,
And now he'll never come alive.

Cause you pushed and you shoved,
And it's never enough for you.
Yeah what did you do?
Oh what did you do now?

Please don't ask me how i'm feeling,
I've been upfront with you from the get go
If its not right I can't be doing this

You were messing with my head, asking me to take it slow
So now it's time to say I gotta let you.

All those thoughts and prayers when times became so hard,
I broke down and wondered if we could restart.
Now I'm sitting, here without you, and I'm moving on
And I'm forgetting everything you did wrong.

Baby I ain't strong enough
Strong enough for all this head f*ck
Going round in constant circles,
Was it me?
Or was it plain bad luck?

Sounds Like

Edited by user 19 December 2016 15:23:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 10 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 17/12/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/12/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 17/12/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 17/12/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 17/12/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 18/12/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 18/12/2016(UTC), Clampdown on 19/12/2016(UTC), erich hess on 20/12/2016(UTC), kandii on 25/12/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#2 Posted : 19 December 2016 02:26:48(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: I'm shook! Snatched! Honestly, where's my wig? Anyway... I really love this song. From the snapping in the intro to your voices blending together in harmony to the production. It's legit a really good song. I'm kind of getting a summer tease, so y'all also made me look back to my vacation pics which is also great. Yeah! Keep it up guys, I'm excited for the album.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 19 December 2016 10:35:19(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: I'm shook! Snatched! Honestly, where's my wig? Anyway... I really love this song. From the snapping in the intro to your voices blending together in harmony to the production. It's legit a really good song. I'm kind of getting a summer tease, so y'all also made me look back to my vacation pics which is also great. Yeah! Keep it up guys, I'm excited for the album.

"It's funny that you say this because we were going to originally release this album closer to the summer but we chose to go with Firework as the first single! :P It definitely has that young feel which common in the summer but we also feel like this could play during any season, it just has that timeless doo wop tease. Thanks for checking this out and for the kind words, labelmate ;) -Matheo

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 20 December 2016 08:54:35(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Boysssss first I wanna congratulate you personally on that #1 definitely well deserved on to this song now I'm really, really feeling this song this was definitely the perfect release after "Firework" it makes me feel like I'm in a diner drinking a milkshake wearing a poodle skirt and ignoring a guy in a leather jacket haha but seriously loving the sound of this track loving the lyrics on this track and loving your voices as always I really do feel like each of you shine vocally individually and together it's like incredible you each killed it on this track and I know it's gonna be another huge hit for you all great job boys cannot wait for the album! :)

ooc: Pretty much everything she said including the poodle skirt thing IT'S 2016 I CAN WEAR WHAT I WANT! :P but honestly great job on this Jaime :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 20/12/2016(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 21 December 2016 10:08:38(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Lincoln: I love this song! I love your other one too! You always put out good songs and we don't have to wait long for them either. I would do that too but the people at the label said they need another "Bang The Drum" to release but they're so silly because that song already exists hehe. You say a bad word in this though and I have to turn that part down when my dad is around because he'll have an angry face. I really do enjoy this song though and Matheo, we speak to each other a lot and are friends so hi!! Can you give me an album soon? I want more songs to listen to and make me have a happy face :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 25 December 2016 05:08:56(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Dae Ho Park: What a tune! The melodies, the harmonies, the lyrics, I've been singing this song for a month straight! Yo, you guys did a good job with this one.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 25 December 2016 13:19:57(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Lacy: This song is so cute, I love it!

Bianca: I loove the throwback feel to it, it's definitely going to standout on the radio and among everyone elses songs. You guys are really talented :)

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar