logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2016 18:24:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artist: Mandy Williams
Title: "Lover"
Release Date: December 28th, 2016
Genre: Pop, Dance, R&B
Record Label: FREEDOM
Songwriters: Mandy Williams, Erik Zullo
Producers: Sir Nolan
From The Album: Electrified (2017)

After what has been an eventful year for Mandy Williams, the pop songstress is getting back to what she does best. Which is releasing new music. Mandy William's has been prepping her third studio album "Electried" for more than a year with the record set to come out in 2016. After extending her contract with FREEDO beyond more two more albums with the label, Mandy Williams entered the studio with Ricky Reed and songwriter Axident at the time, and even found herself getting engaged to Deneil Khan. Shortly after, Mandy Williams released "Electrified", the first offering from the new album. It became, at the time, Mandy's most suggestive record to date, with Williams seeming to be make it clear that she's no longer that "good girl". The record instantly shot to number one on the charts. Giving Mandy her third number one single. During this time, Mandy entered the studio to record even more music and all seemed to be going well for the album. With Mandy not rushing the project, she wanted it to be a mature follow up from her last album, "The Teenage Years". After the success of the single Electrified, Mandy began penning songs with her writers and remembered being sent a record by Ilya Salmanzadeh and so contacted him about recording the song with the lyrics in the summer of 2016. This past summer, Mandy released the second single from "Electrified". The record "Something About Us" was released along with an interview with Ryan Secreast where Mandy spoke about the album and her current endeavors. Something About Us was a sultry yet captivating pop record with elements of R&B where Mandy brought her personality filled belts over an astonishingly big chorus. "Something About Us" became a huge hit for Mandy, topping both the Airplay and Digital Charts and was nominated for four awards at the Fan Choice Awards. After Something About Us was released, Mandy was set to release Electrified for pre-order and even released a promotional record released in the fourth quarter of this year. Fans were compelled to see Mandy sporting a new found confident and ingenuity like never before. It certainly doesn't stop Mandy from offering us another cut off of her hotly contested new album with "I Want It All".

"I Want It All", the record was a more reminiscent of Mandy's earlier works intertwined with Mandy's new attitude and prowess and received positive reviews from critics, however the song was never actually released and the pre-order of Mandy William's was pulled after the events that took place. Just two days before the Electrified pre-order's were set to be sent to music outlets, Mandy Williams was allegedly found unresponsive in the bathroom of Studio 338 nightclub by her friend Susan after Mandy left to the bathroom. After not returning for nearly ten minutes, her friend found her inside of the bathroom and immediately called emergency services. When paramedics arrived, Mandy reportedly had to be placed on a gurney and stretchered out.
The main cause of what happened, the reasons behind it and whether or not the rumors surrounding the situation have not been denied or confirmed by Mandy herself, with her execs and fiancee Deneil Khan releasing statements to respect her privacy. The private nature of Mandy's personal life even caused fans to think Mandy had died, but those claims were obviously, false. There has been much speculation as to why it happened, with some citing issues with her fiancee, depression or Mandy being attacked, but again, none of these rumors have been confirmed.

After the situation Mandy completely disappeared from social media for six months and fans were eager to find out how Mandy is doing as she completely vanished. To their happiness, Mandy made her return to twitter in December with a string of tweets to update her fans. The tweets have sent all her cookies (fans) into a frenzy, with Mandy promising new music and apologizing for lack of communication. It seems Mandy most definitely intended on keeping her word as shes back with brand new music and the supposed third single from Mandy's new album, Electrified. Mandy is back.

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

"Lover (I Say)" or simply "Lover" is the supposed third single from Mandy's upcoming studio album Electrified, which is set to be released in early 2017. The record will be released on December 21st to streaming and digital outlets and will impact radio stations on December 25th. Lover was penned by Mandy Williams along with pop songwriter Erik Zullo and was recorded in 2016 with producer Sir Nolan. The record itself sees Mandy show off her vocal prowess in this new steamy, R&B/pop sultry dance number that oozes the right amount of confidence, sex appeal, and vulnerability put into one. This is a continuation of forward songs Mandy has released in 2016 and continues to regain that essence she had surrounding her shortly before her six month break. The song has an undeniable sexy, sultry feel with the super catchy, snapping beats that are so apparent throughout the record. Along with the calm snaps, synthy R&B influences fluctuate over the beats in which Mandy's vocals blend best with as she sings with control and soft yet proclaiming tone as Mandy delivers an exceptional vocal performance which is both sexy and desirable. Mandy shifts between her lower and upper registers, singing in her lower register throughout the verses and switches to her higher register for the big chorus, that includes popping synths and an urban pop bassline where Mandy sings with a sweet tone that is very much so alluring.

Lyrically, the song can interpreted in several ways but is understood as being a pop record that explains a lonely individual who has the urge to find a new lover without any strings attached as they don't want to get hurt again, and the fact that someone else might still seems to be on their mind. Throughout the record Mandy sings: [Another one will surely come/Fill the void a few more nights/What is love? It's always on the run/Creeping in the dark, while you're creeping in a bed] during the lengthy prechorus and [I just want a lover, I don't need a soul mate/I just want a lover, you know, someone I won't hate] during the early part of the chorus. The beats continue to pick up and Mandy sings out Wait, wait, wait/I just want a lover, I don't need a soul mate/I say, I say, I say] which can easily get stuck in your head with the catchiness of the lyrics and the beats. Another highlight on "Lover (I Say)" is the beautiful bridge where the beats slow completely and just includes the snapping and the minimal beats, where Mandy in her lower register sings in a whispery tone: If I had my way, I would turn and leave/But something about us, I can't even breathe/All the complications, sent me into overdrive/I hope you think about me/I hope you thinkin' about me]: Mandy has this connection in singing with the lyrics that makes it almost like shes singing to us and makes the bridge come across as both haunting and lyrically superb. With the contrasting verses, there's enough lyrical content to really try and pick apart exactly what Mandy is talking about on the song, and that's what makes "Lover (I Say)" an even stronger record. It's pop music that has that catchy, youthful nature, but includes lyrical content and a vocal performance that reminds us through trial and tribulation, her skills as a pop star have not hindered one bit.

Lyrics
(Mandy Williams, Erik Zullo)

I guess the time for change has come
I'm home but I'm home alone
And I miss you, I miss you so much
Not you, but your gentle touch

Another one will surely come
Fill the void a few more nights
What is love? It's always on the run
Creeping in the dark, while you're creeping in a bed

But I miss you, I miss you so much

I just want a lover, I don't need a soul mate
I just want a lover, you know, someone I won't hate
Someone to fill the sheets but never my heart
Try as they might, but the moment they start
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait
(I just want a lover, I don't need a soul mate)
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait

I can't get close to anyone
Not for too long at a time
I can't get close to anyone
When it comes to emotions, there's a line
And I won't cross it, I won't risk my time
You risked my time
You risked my time

I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait

If I had my way, I would turn and leave
But something about us, I can't even breathe
All the complications, sent me into overdrive
I hope you think about me
I hope you thinkin' about me
All the complications, sent me into overdrive
I hope you think about me
I hope you thinkin' about me

What is love? It's always on the run
Creeping in the dark, while you're creeping in a bed

I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait
I say, I say, I say
Wait, wait, wait

Sounds Like

Edited by user 22 December 2016 01:18:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 10 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 21/12/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/12/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 21/12/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/12/2016(UTC), erich hess on 21/12/2016(UTC), kandii on 21/12/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 22/12/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/12/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/12/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/12/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2016 22:47:36(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: oh shit....Mandy wants that d with none of that pesky relationship thing.

Nina:so does deneil.

Erica: ouch!

Nina: I doubt it,love. Isnt deneil the one hung like a shrew?

Erica: i thought that was drew?

Nina: aww. Two. Teeny peeny people found love.

Erica: so what do you think of Mandy's new release...And the slight dig at me thinking she was dead?

Nina: well,I doubt you were the only one thinking she was dead. Just the only one thick enough to bet on it.

Erica: thicc AF

Nina: no. I can get into this song,though. I like Mandy being all sexy and seductive.

Erica: me too. It's like watching a butterfly emerge from a caccoon,and then spin a cacoon shaped like a dick.THEN emerge from that one....In the dirtiest way possible.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2016 04:47:12(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Drake: I had the opportunity to work with Mandy a long time ago, so it's good to see that she's still working in this business, even better is to realize how great she is putting her emotions on her songs, making something really deep and truthful, closer to her heart. this is what I like to call real music.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2016 05:52:43(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Tyler: Mandy Tisha hook ups? Maybe, have a little revenge sex on the side? Tisha I can see doing that shit but Mandy? miss change her look and now getting gangsta with the casual sex.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 22 December 2016 08:31:44(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Brandon: Of all the songs being released at the moment (including the ones on my album) this has to be my favorite and I have to say this is most definitely the best single you've released which is saying something because your music has been great I really feel the lyrics and the production on this track is amazing can't wait to see what's next great job Mandy keep it up!
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 23 December 2016 06:48:46(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: oh shit....Mandy wants that d with none of that pesky relationship thing.

Nina:so does deneil.

Erica: ouch!

Nina: I doubt it,love. Isnt deneil the one hung like a shrew?

Erica: i thought that was drew?

Nina: aww. Two. Teeny peeny people found love.

Erica: so what do you think of Mandy's new release...And the slight dig at me thinking she was dead?

Nina: well,I doubt you were the only one thinking she was dead. Just the only one thick enough to bet on it.

Erica: thicc AF

Nina: no. I can get into this song,though. I like Mandy being all sexy and seductive.

Erica: me too. It's like watching a butterfly emerge from a caccoon,and then spin a cacoon shaped like a dick.THEN emerge from that one....In the dirtiest way possible.

Mandy: I didn't take a dig at you, but it did hurt that you'd take a serious situation and turn it into a joke and even bet on it. I guess that's just how you are, you're a comedian...that's cool but people have feels you know </3

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Drake: I had the opportunity to work with Mandy a long time ago, so it's good to see that she's still working in this business, even better is to realize how great she is putting her emotions on her songs, making something really deep and truthful, closer to her heart. this is what I like to call real music.

Mandy: Itd be so hard for me not to put that emotion into my records, I feel like I'd be robbing my fans of getting to know me and my experiences. I'm happy you see that, thank you Drake!

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Tyler: Mandy Tisha hook ups? Maybe, have a little revenge sex on the side? Tisha I can see doing that shit but Mandy? miss change her look and now getting gangsta with the casual sex.

Mandy: We all need to be a little naughty sometimes, don't we? ;P

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Brandon: Of all the songs being released at the moment (including the ones on my album) this has to be my favorite and I have to say this is most definitely the best single you've released which is saying something because your music has been great I really feel the lyrics and the production on this track is amazing can't wait to see what's next great job Mandy keep it up!

Mandy: So sweet Brandon and such a thing to say!! I've been working so hard to get this album done and it finally is. I'm happy you enjoy the record and it's a fave of yours, I loooove your new album :P

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 23/12/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#7 Posted : 23 December 2016 08:29:47(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: i joke because I like you,manders. It's either inappropriate jokes or hitting on you. That's how I show affection. I'm taken,so I am only left with jokes. Seriously though,it's super nice to see you are alive and well. This could be your best work yet. I'm not saying disappear again,but......I have some bath salts if you want them.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Welat65  
#8 Posted : 23 December 2016 08:49:27(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: Forget them all QUEEN and marry me. You deserve better and my coins, I'm ready for this album.

OOC: I'm so shook whenever you release something tbh. I could NEVER
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 25 December 2016 05:26:35(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Coke: Yes. Yesss. Yas! You don't understand how much I love this song, I've been loving the reinvention of you ever since Something Bout Us and this just takes it to a new level. I'm honestly rooting for you through everything at this point, come through baby girl!

Edited by user 25 December 2016 05:28:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 25 December 2016 13:33:59(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: Cookie! I adore this song and I'm so glad you're okay. It's like you've been making a soundtrack to my life right now. I know everyone is loving your new sound and the words you've been speaking lately in your music. I'm honestly so excited to hear your album :) Love you my sweet cookie <3
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar