logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 17 January 2017 05:55:57(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3998 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Super Power
Length: 3.35
Label: Five Pesky Kids Records
Release Date: Tuesday, January 17th 2017
Written By: Elyar Black
Produced By: Diplo
Taken From The Album: Unclassified

2017 has seen a burst in activity from all artist currently with a lot of new music coming forward and for 24 year-old Elyar Black that is no different as he hasn't released music in quick some time but now he is back with a brand new single, "Super Power" marks Elyar's first single in almost 2 year the last time we heard from Elyar was in early 2015 when he released "Neon Lights" which was rumored to be from his second album however it is unknown weather the song will now be a stand alone single or weather it will feature on his second album or not.

"Super Power" marks the return of his pop sound with his previous album being a blend of R&B and pop, Elyar is sticking with just pop for his new record predominantly, "Super Power" was written by the 24 year-old himself and is one of his less dirty singles as Elyar has been known in the past to write a lot about his sex life, however his seems to be more sutle now with this new album, the new single was produced by Diplo marking the first time the producer and Elyar had worked together on a track, "Super Power" will be released to all major streaming services and download outlets on January, 17th 2017. Elyar teasee the track on SoundCloud a few weeks ago now and the response to the track has been positive thus far.

The reasoning behind his disappearance has been acknowledged numerous times as in early 2016 Elyar became a father and has spent the last year being a father to his son, he also gave his girlfriend Lexi Marie Taylor her time to release her own music to the world and she achieved two huge hits last year, however the 24 year-old never stays out of the media partly due to his family and the 6 year age difference between himself and Lexi, but the star has claimed numerous times that 2017 would see the star return to music and it seems that's true hence this single and hopefully more will follow the rest of the year and his second album will be released in 2017 as well,which will be the follow up to his debut algum "Elyar" which was released all the way back in 2014 meaning his second album will be his first in almost 3 years. The question remains weather Elyar's new music will be successful or not as his fans have been waiting a long time for new music and his name alone thanks to his older brother Adam is tarnished and his labelled in the same way as his brother which has somewhat alway effected his career despite the fact he and Adam are totally different people, but only time will tell if Elyar can achieve something in music again with his new music and "Super Power" seems like it could be a big step in the right direction for the 24 yead-old.

"Super Power" wad lauded by music critics. Brennan Carley of Spin called it "pop perfection", "a thoroughly definitive, all-in jam" and predicted the song could reach high levels of airplay and ubiquity." Time's Esther Zuckerman deemed the song a "New Favorite Contender for Song of the 2017" and wrote that the chorus was "infectious". Jason Lipshutz of Billboard named it one of the "10 Best Songs of 2017 (So Far)".

Consequence of Sound compared the sound of the song to Michael Jackson. Complex wrote: "The song has a classic pop feel to it, with Elyar channeling a bit of Kato while crooning over the bouncy, and energetic production from Diplo." Pitchfork's reviewer Renato Pagnani placed it in the Best New Track category and made the same comparison: "Perhaps recognizing just how dead-on it could be a Kato record", the producers anchor the track with a bassline that could have come from an alternate-dimension.

Billboard also picked "Super Power" as the best song of 2017 thus far. "Elyar's irresistible, Kato-esque "Super Power" is so perfectly crafted that it's impossible to imagine a world or alternative reality in which this song isn't number one. There are enough hooks in this one single for a dozen chart-toppers, but Elyar Black has managed to packed them all into three-and-a-half minutes of sheer ecstasy.

LYRICS

(Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey)
Ohhhh, baby
(Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey)

I've been waitin' for a minute, maybe five
Called you five, five times, five
Twenty five ways to love you, baby
You multiply
My needs, you're the reason why, the season's
Permanently Summer, scorchin', L.A.
You're the sunshine, heyy

I'm not content with bein' a part time thing
Baby I wanna be all in (all in you) all in (all in you)
And it don't have to be so sexual, my mama done told me eahh
Don't be a bad boy Elyar, hey ya
I got somethin' to tell you, ohh baby

It's been a long time
Like more than six hours you been on my mind
Cuz I need you all of the time
Not even in my bedroom, my shower, I just need the power you give me
Hey
You give me power (Hey)
Super power (Oh bay-bay)
You give me power (Heyyy)
Super power (Oh bay-bay)

Not even Batman, no Robin
Could get me outta this mess, I'm just
Bad to the bone sometimes and the only thing to save me is you oh naw naw
I'm tryna be good, but your body's sayin' no
Undress me
It's sayin', do it baby
I don't gotta be explicit, I'm full grown
Words get a little much sometimes, so let me put it on
I wanna show you how I feel

Cuz I am not content with bein' a part time thing-0
Baby I wanna be all in (all in you) all in (all in you)
And it don't have to be so sexual, my mama done told me yeahh
Don't be a bad boy Elyar, hey ya
I got somethin' to tell you ohh baby

It's been a long time
Hey (gimme power baby)
Super power- (Oh bay-bay)
You give me power (Hey)
Super power (Oh bay-bay)
You give me power (Hey)
Super power- (Oh bay-bay)
You give me power (Hey)
Super power (Oh bay-bay)

You been gone all day (all day)
And that ain't good enough, I need your lovin'
Get me hot just like an oven yeah
Marvin Gaye on the stereo, make you go, oooo-hooo-hoooo-hooooooo-
Yeah yeah

It's been a long time
It's been a long time

Hey (gimme power baby)
Super power (Oh bay-bay)
You give me power- (Heyyy)
Super power (Oh bay-bay)
Super power (Oh bay-bay)
You give me power (Hey)
Super power (Oh bay-bay)

(Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey)
Ohhhh, baby
(Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey)
Ohhhh, baby
(Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey)

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 17/01/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 17/01/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 17/01/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/01/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 17/01/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 17/01/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 17/01/2017(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 18 January 2017 21:44:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Joshua: Hey, label buddy! It's good to hear your voice again. Seems like everyone is coming back and releasing new music after a severe drought. Can't believe it is nearly 3 years since your debut. Can definitely see the growth in you as an artist and I do think that people need to learn to separate personal feelings from the work. It's a real catchy song you've got here! Also, I think this more subtle approach to your music will work in your favor. No offense but the older, more sexual material sometimes came across as just plain crude and a little...cringy. Just being honest with you, man. Intrigued to see what the rest of the album has in store.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 18/01/2017(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#3 Posted : 19 January 2017 23:35:02(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Groups: Registered
Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: Elyar buddy! You're finally back with a great tune! First of all, the cover art is hot and I really like the song, it's very catchy and fresh! Keep the good work!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 20/01/2017(UTC)