logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2017 10:30:02(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artist: BYS
Title: "All Over U"
Release Date: Febrary 16th, 2017
Genre: K-Pop, Trap, R&B
Record Label: The DahlHouse
Songwriters: Mae Na Geum, Kyle Liu, Ye-Jun Sung,
Lee Yung, Ha Sebin
Producers:MZMC
From The Mini Album: Damage Control (2017)

There's no surprise that it may look like K-Pop is on the up and up within our industry. In fact, K-Pop is definitely experiencing an uprising for 2017. Trends often make way into music and new artists throughout the globe find their way making an impact depending on what that current trend may be. The true test is time however, can an act last past the trend and make become a mainstay, or just become a trending wonder. The same can be said for K-Pop, but with the acts that have made an impact, it looks as if the genre is clearly going upward and wasn't just a trend. From 2013 upward, we saw the start of something new for K-Pop within the industry with acts such as Daena, 9Lives, Mimi, Dae Ho Park, and Kim Lee Wong all finding moderate success on the charts, and it only seemed to become more apparent in 2016 that K-Pop and it's acts are a force to be reckon with. After the official announcement of a new boyband entitled "BYS" which was founded by DahlHouse entertainment owner Anniken Dalh Smith, K-pop fans were intrigued to see what this new band would bring for the ever growing genre that hopes to really make a splash this year. The group, which comes out of Seoul, South Korea was put together by Anniken after a international search for the next big boyband. The search lasted a little more than a year as the DahlHouse team scoured Asia in hopes of finding mainstays for this new boyband.

After the search was over, the official announcement of BYS was made in the summer of 2016 as a seven member band, and the very first k-pop all male group in our industry. The band itself is made up of 7 members all ranging from ages 16-19 years old and they have specialties in difference areas that make up the different pieces of BYS. After the groups members were signed and the announcement was made via the Dahlhouse website, the boys began training in different areas for their debut. Whether it was singing, rapping, or dancing, Anniken and Romeo Levrere wanted to make sure that the boys got to know each-other extremely well, built the chemistry between one another and created a great blend for a band. In fact, it's best to say that they got the Dahlhouse treatment. Shortly after, promotional videos were unveiled to the general public, highlighting each of the bandmembers to really give an insight into the BYS members.

First, the leader Lee-Yung's promotional video was shown highlighting him as the leader and main rapper, followed by members Danny who is the main vocalist, Kyle, the main rapper and maeknae of BYS, Joon, who's also a maeknae but also a lead vocalist, Rae the bands second lead vocalist, Kim, the groups main lead dancer and finally Jaemin, the groups main dancer. Each of the group's members clearly brought something different to the table but seemingly blended well with their strengths and looks. After months of intense training and celebrity grooming, the BYS website was officially launched in January of 2017 and the official single "All Over U" artwork was posted on their new website. In the artwork, BYS are standing next to eachother looking downward and rather haunting, which only sent eager fans into a frenzy. Surprisingly, over the months since their official annoucement, BYS have gained a devoted online fanbase despite just debuting. With their official social media account bypassing the 5M follower mark by February of 2017. Despite "All Over U" being announced, the single was pushed back from it's original January 30th release date to February 16th, due to a tiny sampling issue that had to be cleared to avoid any legal trouble. Now that the trouble is all over, BYS are finally ready to release their very first single.

"All Over U" is the highly anticipated debut single by K-Pop boyband, BYS, officially released on February 16th, 2017 for streaming and downloads, with it's airplay impact date slated for Febuary 19th, 2017. The record is the very first release from the band after signing on with Dahlhouse Entertainment in 2016 after a search for the band was created. Training by Romeo Lefèvre with the band lasted an addition seven months and the group entered the studio with K-Pop producers MZMC to create production for the record that is both current, yet futuristic and true to it's K-Pop roots. The record was written by Mae Na Geum, Kyle Liu, Ye-Jun Sung, Lee Yung, Ha Sebin and was recorded in November of 2016 in Seoul, South Korea with the production group. The record is a song that offers a slightly provocative message as the boys sing lyrics about being under the control of a girl who clearly seems to be playing with their feelings, but that doesn't stop them. They continue to want to be all over that person as they fight to get to their love. The record has very strong influences of Trap, Hip-Hop and R&B and has a very strong futuristic beat that is both slow but captivating, making it easier to absorb the lyrics and vocal performances of each of the BYS members. Because of this, the song is very much so addictive, and dreamy in sound. The song starts off with an eerie beat that brings us it it's first verse that that has Lee-Yung vocals. Lee-Yung has a very distinct sound to his voice, he makes a combination of rapping and singing for this song but it's his lower, deep registered vocal rapping that almost sound like a haunting whisper as he utters the first words of the song over the trap infused k-pop record.

Following him, the groups main rapper Danny gives his soothing, sexy and dreamy vocals a run as he sings the very catchy next part of the song with an adlib from Rae and Joon. Joon, who also makes his vocals more of a singing rap sings the pre-hook as well. His vocals are clear and has an echo to it, making the record sound even more eerie. Following Joon, the song breaks into the big chorus, that has that future bass sizzling throughout the backing beat as the group comes together for the chorus. Throughout the chorus as they sing, Danny, Rae, and Lee-Yung do alibs and sing lyrics in the chorus along with the group as whole. For the second verse, the song stays at the same pace with Jaemin singing the first lines, Jaemin's lines are brief but he makes his presence singing his lines. Rae is then heard, he also has a soothing voice as he sings, and Kim ends off the first verse. Lee-Yung is then heard again before the group comes together for the "under your control" lyric that they sing with a bit of a sexual-ting to it. After adlibs from Rae and another solo by Danny, Kyle brings in his fast past rap as he shows off his noticeable flow and fast lyrics over the mid-tempoed beats. After Kyle and another chorus, Lee-Yung finishes off the early bridge, then Rae, Kim, Jaemin, Lee-Yung and all them collectively as a group sing lyrics to the second end of the bridge. After doing so, the final chorus is heard and then end the record off with vocals by Joon, Rae, Danny, Kim and Lee-Yung.

All Over U is the lead single from BYS first mini album "Damage Control"

LYRIC COLOR KEY
(From left to right)

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

LEEYUNG
JOON
RAE
DANNY
KYLE
JAEMIN
KIM

ALL

New pages, so white and plain
Guess I’ll be turning one again
All the mistakes of yesterday
Burning in a fire wave
Roll that stone, and pull it strong
You don't know what you'll do to me

I’ll be under your control
I'll be under your control
(Oh...)
You've got a golden tongue, say no more
You know what I have been waitin’ for

It’s become something too hard to believe
It's your love, and it's really all that I need
It's messing with my head, and messing with my mind
Why don't you ask me about it one more time?

If I chase you down, don't chant my flaws
Some people want the world, I just want to be all
Over you, I want to be all over you

Your touch could bring me back to life
Those lights'll leave me blind, take me on a final ride

ALL over you, I will be all over you
(Just like you want me to)

Tied hot it's nice and laced
Your standing between the silky chains

Real fake, my heads a pain
Dreaming to get to you on a path of blades
Burn that torch, yeah turn me on
Let me and the stars melt in your love

Sing that song, nice and slow
I wanna be yours from dusk to dawn

New pages, so white and plain
Guess I’ll be turning one again
All the mistakes of yesterday
Burning in a fire wave
Roll that stone, and pull it strong
You don't know what you'll do to me

I’ll be under your control
I'll be under your control
(Oh...)
You've got a golden tongue, say no more
You know what I have been waitin’ for

KYLE (Main Rap)

Uhh! So go and take the wheel,
All this? I have you ma, that a very good deal
You can try to look around, see what you find
You know the old saying? Out of thought, out of mind
But my thoughts only circle around you (Around you)
Give this a chance, just to see what we can do (Can do)
If you want it, then I got no questions
Have you on video TV, Obsession.

You played it hard, like I like
You went far, out of line
Now that I made you mine
Ready for a final ride
Ready for a final ride

Ooh, all over you
Ooh, all over you
Ooh, all over you
I will be all over you
Now take me on that final ride

It’s just too hard to believe
That your love is all I need

Ooh, all over you
Ooh, all over you
Ooh, all over you
We will be all over you

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 21 February 2017 14:05:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 17/02/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/02/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 17/02/2017(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 17/02/2017(UTC), erich hess on 17/02/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 17/02/2017(UTC), kandii on 18/02/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 19/02/2017(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#2 Posted : 18 February 2017 21:14:44(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Groups: Registered
Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: Hey guys, I'm Johnny. Well even though I'm not really into K-Pop, this is one of the songs that got my attention and I really liked! First of all, great job, I like that y'all are doing your thing and that you don't have to do collabs because you got it all! I've seen your promo videos etc and I was curious, now I'm even more curious about your mini album! I liked the production and how it has an addictive beat! I also liked that all of you got time to show your skills! Once again great job and can't wait to see you live and hear more from you!
thanks 2 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 19/02/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/02/2017(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 21 February 2017 01:08:42(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Bilal: I heard this on the radio this morning while getting Daniel ready for daycare. I didn't immediately rush to switch it off and throw it in the bin which is a good sign. My favourite member is the Korean one.

OOC: Now you KNOW I'm not a fan of male K-Pop acts and you KNOW where I want to throw that sound alike BUT I'm not going to be prejudice against your work LOL I love seeing groups on here regardless of genre, gender, age and everything in between. I love the comradery of a band and all the possible stories that could flourish and progress between all the members. I look forward to seeing them grow on here. As for the actual song itself, I think that it is very well written and I can imagine it being rather catchy had it been a real, fully produced song in itself. I also love the layout of the post and not just because I created the artwork haha. It's very easy to read and well structured especially for a group with 150 members. Wasn't difficult or confusing with colour codes all over the place. Nice work!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 21/02/2017(UTC), erich hess on 21/02/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/02/2017(UTC)