logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 20 March 2017 01:27:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “She's My Girl”
Artist: Bleacher
Album: TBA (2017)
Release Date: March 19, 2017
Length: 3:48
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: Cardinal Recording Studios - Los Angeles, California, USA
Genre: Pop-Rock, Pop
Label: Cardinal Records
Written: November 2016
Writer(s): E. Brooks, J. Berrabah, T. Bextor, M. Sawyer
Producer(s): C. Zayn, B. Lancaster

“She's My Girl” is the debut single from Los Angeles based pop group 'Bleacher', taken from their upcoming debut E.P (2017). The foursome gained a small local following around their hometown of California and were signed to a recording contract with 'Cardinal Records' towards the end of 2016, the label then helped the band work on their craft both in terms of musicianship and songwriting, before later sending them into a recording studio earlier this year to begin working on the songs that will form the nucleus of their debut album which they hope will drop a little later in the summer, with a debut E.P expected to come a lot sooner.
The first single has been described as a throwback to the catchy pop-rock songs that was popular in the mid-noughties and was written together by the entirety of the band, primary songwriting credits go to both Evan Brooks and Jordan Berrabah with lead guitarist Tyler Bextor and drummer Max Sawyer adding a couple of lines to the second verse before it's completion. It's a song that has relatively simplistic imagery with producer Benjamin Lancaster describing it as “a trademark song about a relationship that is perfect, but only to the people involved in it. With everybody else telling them that they're wrong together and that it won't last, they consider driving out of town and getting away from the people that provide nothing but negativity.”

The song begins with a soft opening guitar riff provided by Tyler Bextor and accompanied by a repetitive drumming sound provided by Max Sawyer, the opening lines of the song set the mood and tempo of the song well as lead singer Evan Brooks sings softly into the microphone, “Take a glance, look around/At everything we've gone through in this old town/From the smiles to the frowns/People told us we'd never make it/We're just too young now.” he then makes room for a vocal delivery, the distinctive almost RnB-esque delivery of Jordan Berrabah as he continues where Evan left off, “But I asked you to just take a chance/I knew this was the start/Of an epic romance.” and he finishes delivering his lines, we're joined by a stronger musical backdrop as we reach the chorus early and all four boys sing together, “She's my girl and she's all I need/Don't care what they think/When they say they're worried/Cause she's my girl/And she's my whole world.”

A brief pause following the chorus is swiftly replaced with a driving guitar and drum combination as Tyler delivers his solo vocals, “So I've been thinking lately/That this place is driving us both a little crazy/And I've got a car and some music and a full tank of gas/I could put the pedal to the metal/We could get away fast.” and once more Jordan switches it up with a more soulful delivery, “If you want to get away from the stress/You know all you need to say/Is yes.” which once more sets up the chorus to be sang together in unison before a final verse is delivered by Evan Brooks, “Cruel intentions were never meant to last/But they can't let go of our past/So I say we take our stand tonight/Get outta this place/And we'll make it right/Driving together all through the night/Cause I know/We'll be fine.” and with one more final chorus delivered from the boys, we reach the end of their first official song.

“She's My Girl” marks the official beginning for 'Bleacher' following the announcement of their record deal with 'Cardinal Records'. The track was written by all four members of the band back in November 2016 during writing sessions in San Diego and was produced by 'Cardinal Records' representative Benjamin Lancaster alongside Cara Zayn during recording sessions in January 2017 at 'Cardinal Recording Studios' in Los Angeles, California. The track will be available worldwide through a variety of different formats including as a CD Single, Digital Download and Weekly Airplay as well as being available for streaming via both Apple Music and Spotify from March 19, 2017.

Lyrics;

Evan Brooks
Jordan Berrabah
Tyler Bextor
Max Sawyer

“Take a glance, look around
At everything we've gone through in this old town
From the smiles to the frowns
People told us we'd never make it
We're just too young now

But I asked you to just take a chance
I knew this was the start
Of an epic romance

She's my girl and she's all I need
Don't care what they think
When they say they're worried
Cause she's my girl
And she's my whole world

So I've been thinking lately
That this place is driving us both a little crazy
And I've got a car and some music and a full tank of gas
I could put the pedal to the metal
We could get away fast

If you want to get away from the stress
You know all you need to say
Is yes

Cause she's my girl
And she's my whole world

Cruel intentions were never meant to last
But they can't let go of our past
So I say we take our stand tonight
Get outta this place
And we'll make it right
Driving together all through the night
Cause I know
We'll be fine

Cause she's my girl
And she's my whole world”

Personnel;

Evan Brooks – vocals, lyrics, rhythm guitar
Jordan Berrabah – vocals, lyrics, bass guitar
Tyler Bextor – vocals, lyrics, lead guitar
Max Sawyer – vocals, lyrics, drums, percussion

Cara Zayn – production, mixing
Benjamin Lancaster – production, engineering

OOC: Credit to BrownSugar for the artwork :)

Edited by user 20 March 2017 01:37:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 10 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 20/03/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 20/03/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/03/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 20/03/2017(UTC), erich hess on 22/03/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/03/2017(UTC), kandii on 22/03/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 23/03/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 24/03/2017(UTC), Princess_Valentine2.0 on 24/03/2017(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 22 March 2017 06:14:35(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Bilal Holmes: Jeez, even I waited until Weekend released their second single before I got nude. You guys done it straight off the bat. Nice nipples, lads 😝😂 Joking aside though, it's great to see more bands on the scene. People tend to think that bands are all hostile to one another but that's not the case. It's simply the media stirring shit and fans becoming defensive. I'm actually glad we have more groups around now. I appreciate many types of music and this style brings a smile to my face. Weekend do a lot of rock/pop stuff and this one reminds me of the stuff we toyed around with in the early days. Catchy tune :)

OOC: Nice to see the FC finally being put to good use after collecting dust while with me lol. Great work here as always and I really admire your description of the tracks you create. You really go into detail without having to rely on a sound alike and I think that really takes them to the next level :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 25/03/2017(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 22 March 2017 06:43:15(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: it's sooooo catchy. Yet they are soooooo nude.all I can picture is bouncing testicles to the beat.and given how bouncy this song is....
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#4 Posted : 24 March 2017 01:52:06(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: This is such a good song, definitely a great way to put yourself out there. It's also good to look at, so that's a win win! Great job, guys!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 25 March 2017 17:33:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Bilal Holmes: Jeez, even I waited until Weekend released their second single before I got nude. You guys done it straight off the bat. Nice nipples, lads 😝😂 Joking aside though, it's great to see more bands on the scene. People tend to think that bands are all hostile to one another but that's not the case. It's simply the media stirring shit and fans becoming defensive. I'm actually glad we have more groups around now. I appreciate many types of music and this style brings a smile to my face. Weekend do a lot of rock/pop stuff and this one reminds me of the stuff we toyed around with in the early days. Catchy tune :)

OOC: Nice to see the FC finally being put to good use after collecting dust while with me lol. Great work here as always and I really admire your description of the tracks you create. You really go into detail without having to rely on a sound alike and I think that really takes them to the next level :)

Evan Brooks: Thank you! We're always looking for an opportunity to get naked and this seemed like one that we just couldn't turn down. I appreciate the support man. I think it's great to have so many groups around, I don't see any of this as competition. It's just a bunch of guys doing what they love and living a dream that they thought would be unattainable. Weekend are without doubt a huge influence on us, so we're pleased to hear that we remind you of some of your earlier stuff. You guys have been the measuring stick for every male or female group ever since you debuted. So the recognition is greatly appreciated!

OOC: I thank you for offering them up to me. I'm certain you would have done a better job than whatever I do with them. But I'm glad that they're being used either way. I'm attempting to learn to write songs in a certain style, so I appreciate that. Thanks again! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 25/03/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 25 March 2017 17:35:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: it's sooooo catchy. Yet they are soooooo nude.all I can picture is bouncing testicles to the beat.and given how bouncy this song is....

Jordan Berrabah: I can confirm that there was a lot of bouncy(ness) during the recording of this song. xD
erich hess on 26/03/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 25 March 2017 17:38:20(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: This is such a good song, definitely a great way to put yourself out there. It's also good to look at, so that's a win win! Great job, guys!

Tyler Bextor: Thanks Aliya, we wanted to show "all" of ourselves with this song. Take from that what you will. Also I have been known to enjoy your own music videos. Love
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#8 Posted : 04 April 2017 06:42:21(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: Hello guys! I really like this song and as the time passes it's growing and growing on me! Great way to star your career! The artwork looks fun and kinda sexy! Great job guys!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 05/04/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 05 April 2017 01:29:26(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
Johnny Carter: Hello guys! I really like this song and as the time passes it's growing and growing on me! Great way to star your career! The artwork looks fun and kinda sexy! Great job guys!

Evan: Thanks man, means a lot to hear that. Coming from yourself!
JohnnyBBB on 05/04/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 08 April 2017 01:47:51(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Nice addition to your character list! Goes to show just how versatile you are as a writer, you've got all different types of acts but I wouldn't expect you to do a pop group, so it was nice to see this. As always, you're always delivering great lyrics and descriptions. I admire the fact that you don't use a sound alike although sometimes I wish you did :P but your descriptions are detailed enough to get a clear idea of just how the song sounds! I'm excited to see what else you've got in store for Bleacher, good job :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 08/04/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 08 April 2017 23:25:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Nice addition to your character list! Goes to show just how versatile you are as a writer, you've got all different types of acts but I wouldn't expect you to do a pop group, so it was nice to see this. As always, you're always delivering great lyrics and descriptions. I admire the fact that you don't use a sound alike although sometimes I wish you did :P but your descriptions are detailed enough to get a clear idea of just how the song sounds! I'm excited to see what else you've got in store for Bleacher, good job :)

OOC: Thanks! I like to at least attempt different types of music. :)