logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2017 08:24:50(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)

UserPostedImage

Title: Grown Up
Artist: Kidd Amaze
Release: April 1, 2017
Length: 2:40
Genre: Rap, Hip-Hop
Label: Just Record
Writer: TJ Cousins

Grown Up is a new official single from rapper Kidd Amaze, and it is somewhat of a message to himself and other that he has been doing music now for three years. In fact three years ago to this day his first major album Kidd at the Adult Table debut at number one. Since then he has done almost everything you can think of in terms of music and now it he staking his claim with bold remarks "Every time I drop a song the world stops" or "Go against me/ you already loss" Musically this beat is make on fruits that is pretty simple with the song starting off really mellow before bringing in drums and 808s. Kidd Lyrically is best he has been with all kinds of references and punch lines. In the beginning he even references himself as Jesus dying on the cross before coming back on the third day. If verse one is message to his first album the second verse has ties to his second album. Lyrics of his handbook getting out to the public that has made hip hop more mainstream, but has also pushed talent to make better music. In the Music video it tells quite the story of the life of Kidd Amaze and if this is any indication of what his third album is it would be a continuation of this connected story-line of a kid that was raise to be a music star after becoming a star gets so wrapped in it that he becomes a prisoner, before his latches out at his captives and frees himself but damage has been done to him that he can never be that kid again.

Lyrics

(Intro)
Seem likes people want to best out,
Well I'm here, show me what you about
Soon as I drop song, the world stand still
Before everyone scream and shout
I'm the best you will ever come across
Till they find me nailed to a cross
come back on the third day
running like a boss
Okay, real

(Verse 1)
I been doing so many things
you thought I brought red bull
Chi town, bulter with a handful
palming the game, spalding
have your favorite rapper
not me, out here balding
Homie I ball, no boy I brawl
Stand on top in free for all
and it's free for all, you saw the fall
dropping out from a cloud nimbus
God, to these mortals
Living on Olympus
my style is vicious
I been a fucking animal
locked away tied up, hannibal
you don't want to see loose
I bring the thunder,
quick in a yellow jumpsuit
the bane to other rappers, broken
wayne to a heartless city, chosen
Training to defeat him, hadoken
never have more fire, shoryuken
yoga flame, this isn't a stretch
nba street, I'm not joking
your nba elite,

(Hook)
Nigga I am a grown up
kid aint a kid no more
like man I have growned up
I ready for the war
man I am a grown up
Kid had to be an adult
Nigga I have growned up
This here is the result

(Verse 2)
Going back to back
yea back to the black
didn't know how to act
left head touching his back
head hunting,
put every living thing on the rack
everyone acts tough
until they feel whack
and nigga you wack
that stuff you putting
nah we aint feeling that
get on your backpack rap
you will never be star
hold up, niggas don't get this far
that conscious shit that make skynet
have your enemies waking in a cold sweat
and two heads, god father
lead to back shead with a shotgun, our father
send blessing when you see him
ending on the wrong side? would want to be them
this person eats em, leave them bloody mary
working mines and bringing gas, fuck the canary
cause he knows why caged birds sing
murder the cat, and put on a diamond ring
he's grown up now, but been heard all the stories
what has me worried he been telling the shorties
they awaken up, fuck what we going to do
you got to do something they all listened to you

(Hook)
Nigga I am a grown up
kid aint a kid no more
I ready for the war
man I am a grown up
Kid had to be an adult
Nigga I have growned up
This here is the result

(Outro)
I got a list with names that are crossed
and if you want to go against me
then you already loss

Sounds similar to:

Music Video

UserPostedImage

How the music video starts off is you see a room with girls covered by long veils that touch the floor and Kidd sitting on a throne relaxed as the music starts. as he speaks the into he gets up from this throne and walks towards the camera it pans out with every now and then cutting to the girls behind the veils and back to him. Once he finished the intro the camera turns from kidd as he walks out of frame to see this casket only to have Kidd come out of it wearing a white suit.

(Intro)
Till they find me nailed to a cross
come back on the third day
running like a boss
Okay, real

As we slowly approach Kidd who is rapping the verse first verse, you see video footage of his as a child as he basketball and dressed up for Halloween as Bruce Lee even him playing old video games including Street fighter near the ends as it talks about the reference of him training. We come back to the present to see that he is standing over the casket that is now on fire, and he turns around to see his face for him to do the hook.

I been doing so many things
you thought I brought red bull
Chi town, bulter with a handful
palming the game, spalding
have your favorite rapper
not me, out here balding
Homie I ball, no boy I brawl
Stand on top in free for all
and it's free for all, you saw the fall
dropping out from a cloud nimbus
God, to these mortals
Living on Olympus
my style is vicious
I been a fucking animal
locked away tied up, hannibal
you don't want to see loose
I bring the thunder,
quick in a yellow jumpsuit
the bane to other rappers, broken
wayne to a heartless city, chosen
Training to defeat him, hadoken
never have more fire, shoryuken
yoga flame, this isn't a stretch
nba street, I'm not joking
your nba elite,

UserPostedImage

As He does the hooks he puts his hands together as if he is about to say a prayer and you see images of his first tour, the first time he was on stage the early radio appearances, the first album, the first meeting with the fans, being on a tour bus. It all in black and white but he is seen smiling having fun, enjoying himself and doing what he loves to do. When the hook is over we go back to the casket to reveal a hand and Another Kidd Amaze goes out of the burning basket he comes out and stands in all black.

Nigga I am a grown up
kid aint a kid no more
I ready for the war
man I am a grown up
Kid had to be an adult
Nigga I have growned up
This here is the result

UserPostedImage

The Kidd in all black raps hard the second verse he walks around paces as if he is ready to attack someone. Clearly on edge he keeps talking before he points and things begin to catch on fire around him but he is in a zone that he doesn't even pay attention to the things that are going around him until the verse the is over.

Going back to back
yea back to the black
didn't know how to act
left head touching his back
head hunting,
put every living thing on the rack
everyone acts tough
until they feel whack
and nigga you wack
that stuff you putting
nah we aint feeling that
get on your backpack rap
you will never be star
hold up, niggas don't get this far
that conscious shit that make skynet
have your enemies waking in a cold sweat
and two heads, god father
lead to back shead with a shotgun, our father
send blessing when you see him
ending on the wrong side? would want to be them
this person eats em, leave them bloody mary
working mines and bringing gas, fuck the canary
cause he knows why caged birds sing
murder the cat, and put on a diamond ring
he's grown up now, but been heard all the stories
what has me worried he been telling the shorties
they awaken up, fuck what we going to do
you got to do something they all listened to you

UserPostedImage

As he does the hook things are burning all around him as the fire has made a circle around him the one in all white steps inside the circle. They look at each others not saying anything but the hook keeps going. The flames seem to die down before all that is lefts are embers and ash.

Nigga I am a grown up
kid aint a kid no more
I ready for the war
man I am a grown up
Kid had to be an adult
Nigga I have growned up
This here is the result

UserPostedImage

Two of the Kidd stare at each other the one in all black glares and he makes little movements as if he getting ready to fight the other as the one in all white is looking peaceful but his cautious of himself to make sure he doesn't do anything but they both look at the camera slowly which the camera turns around to see the third Kidd who was the "King" now with glowing marking on his body who lefts his hand and the camera cuts off.

I got a list with names that are crossed
and if you want to go against me
then you already loss

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 02/04/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 02/04/2017(UTC), kandii on 02/04/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/04/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/04/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 03/04/2017(UTC), erich hess on 03/04/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2017 21:29:44(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Lotus: Alright, let's recap. "The bane to other rappers, broken"? "Wayne to a heartless city, chosen"? "Training to defeat him, hadoken"?? "Never have more fire, shoryuken"??? "Yoga flame, this isn't a stretch"????? Kidd I am so damn tired of you! Definitely the highlight of the song but the second verse is without a doubt the best. You don't even understand. I am so glad that you're back, can you please just stay 😭

Ooc: Whose random child is this on the damn artwork!!!!! LOL

Edited by user 02 April 2017 21:33:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 02/04/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 03 April 2017 01:17:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Kara Romero: This shit right here is why you're the best. The wordplay is awesome but it's the whole tone of the song that gets me with this one. It feels powerful and full of confidence and listening to it makes you walk a little taller. There's a reason to it and you got something to say. It's clear you're not releasing it for the sake of releasing something and in my eyes, you're the man right now. You're the measuring stick. Fucking stick around though, kay?
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 03/04/2017(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 03 April 2017 13:01:15(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Lotus: Alright, let's recap. "The bane to other rappers, broken"? "Wayne to a heartless city, chosen"? "Training to defeat him, hadoken"?? "Never have more fire, shoryuken"??? "Yoga flame, this isn't a stretch"????? Kidd I am so damn tired of you! Definitely the highlight of the song but the second verse is without a doubt the best. You don't even understand. I am so glad that you're back, can you please just stay 😭

Ooc: Whose random child is this on the damn artwork!!!!! LOL

Kidd: Aww thanks Lotus people are thinking I'm retiring and never doing music again, I'm hard at work, Believe me I'm just taking a break. I might not do the free music this year but the album will be done and it will be something amazing....Pun intended

OOC: I have no idea, I wanted to do a different album cover but I could never find a picture I wanted so I was like this will do.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
kandii on 03/04/2017(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#5 Posted : 03 April 2017 13:06:37(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Kara Romero: This shit right here is why you're the best. The wordplay is awesome but it's the whole tone of the song that gets me with this one. It feels powerful and full of confidence and listening to it makes you walk a little taller. There's a reason to it and you got something to say. It's clear you're not releasing it for the sake of releasing something and in my eyes, you're the man right now. You're the measuring stick. Fucking stick around though, kay?

Kidd: Thank you Kara, I would never put stuff out just to put something out their for money or for me to get me. People say their hard money to listen and watch me and I want them to hear me and think "I got to tell people about this," in a good kind of way. I'm not gone from music I promised you guys are going to get new music and it will be well worth the wait

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 03 April 2017 23:28:25(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: ooh. That was just dandy. I guess we have to start calling him " man amaze" .

Nina: ew. That's too close to "mayonnaise".

Erica: c'mon.we all know you like the white stuff.

Nina : Charming.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 04/04/2017(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#7 Posted : 04 April 2017 06:59:55(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: Wow Kidd Amaze! You are literally THE BOSS! What can I say.. as soon as you drop this song, I stand still🙌🏼 I find amazing how much passion, drive and talent you have! You always give your fans your 100%! You deserve everything you have and you deserve to get praise and respect!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 04/04/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 08 April 2017 01:41:08(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Yas! It's good to see Kidd Amaze dropping new music after you had us thinking he was done for a while. I like the buildup and how you showed two different sides of him on the sound cloud track compared to this bonafide banger. It's nice to see so many rap acts out at the moment, it feels so realistic. In terms of the song, I love the fiery punch lines and how Kidd is being aggressive! Was waiting for something like this from him. Great job on the video too, this RP shows a lot of effort and it comes across very well :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 08/04/2017(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#9 Posted : 08 April 2017 05:14:30(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: ooh. That was just dandy. I guess we have to start calling him " man amaze" .

Nina: ew. That's too close to "mayonnaise".

Erica: c'mon.we all know you like the white stuff.

Nina : Charming.

Kidd: You know you girls have been around since my early work, cutting jibs and making puns. I glad that you ladies still like my work, I wouldn't say I'm man, but I will say I'm out of my kid ways. from now on I write stories about heroes and watch anime without buying the toys and the limited edition sets......well maybe once a month.

Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
Johnny Carter: Wow Kidd Amaze! You are literally THE BOSS! What can I say.. as soon as you drop this song, I stand still🙌🏼 I find amazing how much passion, drive and talent you have! You always give your fans your 100%! You deserve everything you have and you deserve to get praise and respect!

Kidd: Thank you Johhny, it means a lot. Really I was a little nervous and worry that I wasn't going to be able to get this far, but I have and I know you can get to bigger and better stages than me, I am a storyteller that happens to rhyme, and I don't know when I'm going to be out of stories. maybe when I do I can go into pop music with you.

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Yas! It's good to see Kidd Amaze dropping new music after you had us thinking he was done for a while. I like the buildup and how you showed two different sides of him on the sound cloud track compared to this bonafide banger. It's nice to see so many rap acts out at the moment, it feels so realistic. In terms of the song, I love the fiery punch lines and how Kidd is being aggressive! Was waiting for something like this from him. Great job on the video too, this RP shows a lot of effort and it comes across very well :)

OOC: I still going to have him take a break I got so many other projects that I need to put out with younghood, Sabrina, Kim. But for now, let him have this head pop out moment and then it's back to working on other things.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 15 April 2017 14:50:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Deneil: Fam, I really respect you as a rapper. You manage to create stone cold bangers without bowing down to radio trends and losing your identity. You kill it just being yourself, you get me? You're a natural talent and that's why you reach out to such a huge audience - people recognise that, bruv. I fucking love your wordplay on this one and throughout all your stuff, really. You're a true storyteller and it really shows here. You had a statement to make and you really fucking stepped up to the mic with it. I feel every word, fam.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 15/04/2017(UTC)