logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 18 October 2009 01:50:47(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Aparently they are coming up with this new technology where Artists and Bands can "virtually tour" in someone's very own home. I attended the "Technology Has Arrived Convection" and I was informed about this. I was highly upset by the idea. Why would someone pay to see a hologram "sing and dance" in front of you. Supposedly the "audience of 2-8" is suppose feel more "blah blah blah". Basically how this works is that the artist or band suppose to pre-record the whole performance and technology will take it from there. "Technology" will add special 3-D pyro effects and all that good stuff. Also, The "hologram" will have a mind of its own. The hologram will react to clapping and screaming from the audience from pre-recorder facial expressions the band and the artist have done.

But why are they planning this?
Because the music industry is going down so much that supposedly this is how its going to come down to. Experts say that Record Labels will eventually have to pick up with this otherwise they will go down in business and probably go bankrupted.

I say fuck that, Why in the world is everything becoming so artificial these days. Whats next? Virtual "Artist and Bands" doing the red carpet shows in Hollywood for us. This is what I call lazy and sad approach to making the music industry better.

Bands and Artist will become so lazy, their music will too. Music will never have emotion, and we will all sound like robots.

Do you agree with this?

Edited by user 18 October 2009 01:52:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline ALX  
#2 Posted : 18 October 2009 03:29:41(UTC)
ALX

Man

Cassie: Hells Yeah! I say we boycott this thing!
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline troymazing  
#3 Posted : 18 October 2009 03:37:47(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Madison: I like to tour. I think being in a stadium is WAY different than being in your living room.

OOC: Is this real?
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline PANIC!  
#4 Posted : 18 October 2009 04:10:05(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"As much as I love technology, this is the worst idea ever. Any musician that ever does this will officially end their careers. Hopefully by the time this actually starts happening I will be dead."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#5 Posted : 18 October 2009 04:12:51(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
May: Being on tour at the moment makes me and the rest of GirlSpice realise why we love what we do and why we've been doing this for so long, interacting with fans and seeing their smiles as you perform for them is the best feeling in the world and I'd hate for that feeling to be taken away from me.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
#6 Posted : 18 October 2009 04:20:46(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

troymazing wrote:
Madison: I like to tour. I think being in a stadium is WAY different than being in your living room.

OOC: Is this real?

Stephanie Fierce: I know, the whole feeling on going on stage is what keeps me wanting to do what I am doing. I appreciate technology but we don't need it for everything.

OOC: Actually it is half true, many labels are having a downfall in business when it comes to Artist touring. Tickets aren't selling like they use to. But if this were to happen it would probably be when we are dead.
Offline Aj  
#7 Posted : 18 October 2009 07:13:32(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I say it's a good idea as long as you tour at the same time. Rather than buying Live albums in ten/twenty years time I can see people buying little hologram discs and plugging it in and away you go. It would be awesome. But getting rid of touring end of for this is a shitty idea.

Billy
#8 Posted : 18 October 2009 07:26:33(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Aj wrote:
I say it's a good idea as long as you tour at the same time. Rather than buying Live albums in ten/twenty years time I can see people buying little hologram discs and plugging it in and away you go. It would be awesome. But getting rid of touring end of for this is a shitty idea.

Billy

That's the thing, the only reason they are planning to do this is only because the music industry is going so downhill that eventually labels wont be able afford arena tours because people are illegally downloading music and that they aren't making the money they want. According to statistics, the music industry goes down by huge percentages every year and this supposedly is their only alternative. They feel as if by selling this new technology they would make twice or even triple the revenue because "Seats" are literally unlimited. All the fans in other words are guaranteed to see the concert, but just in a whole different way.

All of this has to do with "Dinero", it pisses me off.

Offline Aj  
#9 Posted : 18 October 2009 07:34:06(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Aj wrote:

Billy

That's the thing, the only reason they are planning to do this is only because the music industry is going so downhill that eventually labels wont be able afford arena tours because people are illegally downloading music and that they aren't making the money they want. According to statistics, the music industry goes down by huge percentages every year and this supposedly is their only alternative. They feel as if by selling this new technology they would make twice or even triple the revenue because "Seats" are literally unlimited. All the fans in other words are guaranteed to see the concert, but just in a whole different way.

All of this has to do with "Dinero", it pisses me off.

Well bullshit to that, we're going to fucking tour no matter what. Screw the industry. I'm pretty sure the guys at Boslepel would never just stick something on a hollogram. We've played Wembley five times, and sold it out each one. Now when we can't sell it out then we'll get worried. Until then, we're going to carry on polluting the worlds minds with anarchy.

Jack Failed Youth
Offline Raphaela  
#10 Posted : 18 October 2009 07:35:41(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
This is fucking stupid. People expect some energy and feelings live, that can't go through electronic means.
I love tecnology, but this is way too far. Some day music will be made by robots, instead of people, I just hope to be dead by then.

-St. Jimmy [Drums/The Prisoners]

Edited by user 18 October 2009 07:36:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
#11 Posted : 27 February 2021 04:17:22(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

OOC: The irony of this! lmao wow Look at us now post covid lol