logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 04 September 2017 08:55:36(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage

Artists: Cristina Lake
Title: Too Young To Know
Label: Daytime Listening
Release Date: September 3rd, 2017
Genre: Synth Pop, Alternative Pop
Songwriters: Cristina Lake, Maryam Vega
Producers: Jonas Westling
From The Album: Desperate Days & Nervous Nights(2017)

"Too Young To Know" is the newest official single by Cristina Lake released to digital retailers on September 3rd, 2017 as the third official single off of Cristina Lake's 4th studio album, "Desperate Days & Nervous Nights". It was known that Cristina Lake's new album was in the works for a 2017 release but much wasn't known about the exact album date. The album was announced without notice on September 1st, 2017 via Cristina Lake's official website. The announcement read a small bit about Cristina's lengthy career accomplishments along with the new album title, and 14 album tracks. This newest single, Too Young To Know" was produced by Jonas Westling and written by Cristina Lake along with Maryam Vega.

This album era of Cristina Lake's has been the smoothest of all Cristina's album releases to date. The first single from the album was "Heartstrings" that came out last in 2016 and was produced by British producer, K-Gee and featured Jamel Carter (Jay-C). Heartstrings was met with mixed reviews that mostly criticized Cristina Lake for drifting into new territory sound wise and clearly shows Cristina's desire to experiment with different music types, as Heartstrings sounds more R&B than anything and is contrasting to her usual ballad heavy indie releases. Responding to the criticism, Cristina Lake stated that she does not plan on keeping herself pigeon hold in 2017, and felt that she was further enough in her career to be able to explore with other genre's and generally have fun now when recording. The harsh criticism didn't hurt Cristina Lake success wise, as Heartstrings became a worldwide top 10 hit and went on to surprisingly sell two million records, a successful new start for Cristina Lake and After the release of Hearstrings, fans were anticipating the next release from Cristina Lake and to their surprise, the new single came in April 2017, months after Heartstrings.

The single single was, "Hypnotized". A trippy, alternative record that also included elements of "Trap", "Indie" and even R&B. It's almost hard to put your finger on exactly what genre the genre of the record represented as it could've been many. The record itself sounded dream-like, all the while maintaining that specific Cristina Lake sound and vocal that we've all grown to recognize. Slightly different and more hard hitting than Heartstrings, "Hypnotized" offered a tessellating, almost trap-house style set of beats as Cristina Lake offered her strikingly sultry vocal throughout the synth infused atmosphere and beautifully rhythmic backing beat. Hypnotized was better received than Heartstrings, peaking within the top 3 of the charts and being critically acclaimed. The newest single from Cristina Lake, and last before Desperate Days & Nervous Nights is released, is a haunting record that sees Cristina getting back to her core, all the while maintaining the fresh new energy she's been showing on the new material she has been releasing.

"Too Young To Know" is a raw synth-alternative pop record with near-spoken, and sung verses that open up into a euphoric chorus with a classic middle eight. The snapping of the opening the beats, backed by dark synths are haunting and proclaiming and Cristina Lake sounds focused as she explains about being too young to realize certain aspects of life, Cristina Lake includes her own in the lyrics as well. The record is both introspective and relate-able and the verses sound deep and defining, but by the time the chorus reaches, the sound breaks into a euphoric, synthy, silky record. "Too Young To Know" is both dark, and uplifting. The beats are slow, but groovy, where Cristina Lake doesn't over do it with the vocal and production values, it's slightly stripped but, but offers depth. Cristina Lake's vocal performance is sensational, her middle eight in the record is her best to date. Her vocals soar through the section of the record.

Quote:
I think what's important is that the two previous singles released so far gave you this sultry, and sensual vibe. They were essentially records made for this groovy, dance-able feel. Um, but I think at the same time that made things really misleading for my listeners and I don't want people to think the album is full of those type of records. Because it's not. I think there's many different depths in Desperate Days & Nervous Nights, but it's not one dimensional. I felt like the next single needed to be "To Young To Know", just to throw something new out there. It's rather different from the previous too singles. This one is more intimate in listening, introspective and it's something that can get your really thinking. It's a true and honest record and I am so proud of what it is. It's dark, but uplifting at the same time. I had a wonderful time recording this ballad with Jonas Westling and we can't wait for you to hear it.

Cristina Lake offers a haunting record that shows "Desperate Days & Nervous Nights" won't just be all about sensuality, but will be an self-analyzing and introspective 4th studio album. If you thought the 'real' Cristina Lake was missing on her previous two singles, she's proving that she's definitely still here on "Too Young To Know" and should be a record that her long standing fans could really enjoy if they didn't like the new direction of her previous singles, all the while offering a record that her new found fans could appreciate at the same time.

Too Young To Know

Too young to know
Too lost to find
Too dumb to grow
Too young to die

I was married to my sadness
Best friends with my past and
Watching my self slowly die
I used to cut my hair
He used to cut himself
In the name of being wild

They think they know us
We think they're so wrong
(and wrong and wrong)

At the end of the day
There's nothing to lose in this game
I'm ready to play
There's nothing in my chest to break

So should we give up or should we just fight?
We're both sick of all those stupid bad signs
Yeah, all sunsets are followed by sunrise
But we are too young to know
Too young to know

I was alone with my anger
Hoping it would last and
In love with my cruel pride
I used to call him hell
He used to call me death
But there was love in our fights…

I'm all bark and no bite
You think you're always right
(and right and right)

At the end of the day
There's nothing to lose in this game
I'm ready to play
There's nothing in my chest to break

Too young to know…

Earth turns to prison when you seek freedom
Friends turn out to be fake when you need them
Everything happens for a damn reason
Too young to know…

Maybe, maybe, I'm living a nightmare
Baby, baby, I'm dying in silence
Lately, lately, I haven't been myself
Baby, baby, that makes me feel lifeless

Too young to know…

Earth turns to prison when you seek freedom
Friends turn out to be fake when you need them
Everything happens for a damn reason
Too young to know…

Too young to know…
Too lost to find
Too dumb to grow…
Too young to die

Song can be compared to:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

9/2017

Edited by user 04 September 2017 09:07:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 5 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/09/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/09/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/09/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/09/2017(UTC), kandii on 04/09/2017(UTC)