logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Drunk Uncle  
#1 Posted : 18 January 2019 08:53:36(UTC)
Drunk Uncle

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
THE GLOBE SEEKS BASS PLAYER FOR 2019 "HAUNTED" TOUR

With the forthcoming release of their album The Ghost of Jimmy Riordan, Drunk Uncle Records recording act The Globe is looking for a bass player to round the live sound for their tour.

"The stuff on the album is more complex than what we'd been doing before. We thought we could do this with the multi-instrumentalist we borrowed from the Drunk Uncle stable, but we really need a dedicated bass player to give us the full sound we need on stage."

He said that interested bassists should leave a message on this thread giving name, credits, basses you play and the name of your favorite bass player(s). Results will be announced after the auditions in this thread.

Hines said bassists should meet three criteria. "First, you don't have to be the best, but you need great ears and some improv skills. Second, be open minded about what does or doesn't constitute music. Finally, understand that sometimes what you don't play is more important than what you do."

For more information about The Globe and other Drunk Uncle acts, please see the Drunk Uncle Records News Thread in this forum.
Currently from Drunk Uncle Records

ALBUMS:

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

SINGLES:

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Drunk Uncle for this useful post.
erich hess on 18/01/2019(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 18 January 2019 14:26:55(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
Karoliena: i can't do the entire tour. But i more than make up for that in star power. Karoliena summers is the name. Yes,the same from famed psychobilly band,atomic war bride. I've written every note we've played. I only play upright. Studio,i use a 1949 Kay. Touring,it's a king road king. For bassists i like, of course it's topped by Lee rocker and jimbo Wallace. What can i say? Im a sucker for drunk uncles. The name does amuse me so.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Drunk Uncle on 19/01/2019(UTC)
Offline Drunk Uncle  
#3 Posted : 22 January 2019 02:19:34(UTC)
Drunk Uncle

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Karoliena, glad to have you on board for the U.S. leg of our tour. Impressed by your audition and we think you bring some great energy into our live show. We're fine with you on the upright, again that'll add to the show. There were a couple of songs on the record Duncan used a 12 string bass on; if you want to learn that one for the tour, we'll buy you one, otherwise your usual will be fine. Showtime!
Currently from Drunk Uncle Records

ALBUMS:

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

SINGLES:

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Drunk Uncle for this useful post.
erich hess on 22/01/2019(UTC)