logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 03 March 2019 01:34:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Culture Uncut Magazine Launch Party
Venue: The Hilton Hotel
Date: 02 March, 2019

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Julian Morello and Brianna Harrington are the first two people to arrive at The Hilton Hotel for the Culture Uncut Magazine launch party, as the lead writers of the magazine they're dressed for the occasion with Julian dressed in a blue suit and blazer and Brianna also dressed in blue, in a lighter shade of blue for her dress. There's a large number of photographers waiting outside of the Hilton Hotel in order to get photographs of the celebrities that will begin circulating throughout the evening.

It's not long before they're joined by business associates and various celebrities of different levels of fame. They make their way to their table in the events hall which is well decorated. With each table including two iced buckets in the center with a bottle of champagne inside each bucket. "You're first big public event like this." Julian says to Brianna as she takes her seat at the table, she was relatively new to the whole celebrity side of things. She's worked for the magazine for a number of years, but this is her first experience of people wanting to photograph her and talk to her about the dress she's wearing and other things. "It's a little messed up, isn't it? I think somebody went and fucked with the matrix." she says with her recognizable British accent with a slight California twang, "Is it too early for shots?" she says with a half-serious smile.

OOC: Feel free to take part. Everybody is welcome! :)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2 Posted : 03 March 2019 01:43:02(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3998 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Katie from The Dolls arrives to join in on the party, out of all the girls she was definitely the most social and being the cousin of Tanya from The Titans meant that she was also more well known than the others. She posed for some pictures before heading inside the hotel.

UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 03 March 2019 01:55:45(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Julian opens the first bottle of champagne from the table and pours some into Brianna's glass, she grabs the glass rather swiftly and empties the glass in a couple of gulps before handing back over to Julian for him to pour some more. She was not the biggest drinker but needed to take the edge off from the evening as she was very much out of her comfort zone at the moment. She'd be fine when things started to get going. She occasionally glanced around the room and spotted Katie, she knew her briefly from the group but had never had the opportunity to speak to her in the past. She gave a warm smile to Katie before turning back to Julian, “How do you do this shit regularly?” she asks Julian, he laughs a little, “You're going to have to get used to this, I'm afraid.”

He takes his glass and pours a little champagne into the glass before taking a mouthful, he wasn't the most famous name in the industry but he had been placed in high-profile positions in the past. Running the well-known “Field Trip Festival” and previously being one of the most influential people at 'Studio60 Records' at a time when it was the biggest label in the industry. In the previous years he's stepped away from those sorts of time consuming jobs and enjoyed his time while he could. Occasionally serving as a producer, manager or songwriting to upcoming musicians.

"I could really use a shot." she says a little more seriously to Julian, he shakes his head disapprovingly before exiting his seat and heading over towards the open bar. He waits for a couple of moments while other people get served, looking around the room and acknowledging the various guests whenever he catches their eyes.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 03 March 2019 01:59:16(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Katie sees Brianna and smiles back at her. She then headed up to the bar area and makes eye contact with Julian. "Nice party you got here huh, I must say the magazine was a great read". She says throwing him a smile.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:06:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Julian gives a warm smile as Katie makes eye contact with him, “Thank you, I can't really take much credit for the magazine. It was all her.” he says, gesturing towards Brianna. He wasn't being humble, sure he contributed towards the writing and editing of the magazine but it was Brianna's brain child and her efforts in making the idea of the magazine become a reality were the things that really helped it launch. He smiles as Brianna spots him gesturing in her direction, she frowns at him not best pleased that he was drawing more attention to her.
He looks looks at Katie again, “You're from 'The Dolls', right?” he asks, “I'm sorry I'm awful at names.”
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:12:23(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Katie looks over at Brianna. "Well then you guys have made a great start on the magazine". Katie then nods at him. "Yeah I'm from The Dolls...names Katie". She says with a smile. "So you and Brianna make a cute pair".
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:19:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Julian smiles at the compliment, “Thank you. It's good to see the hard work has been worth it.” he says to Katie before laughing a little, “Oh, we're not together.” he shakes his head, “She's a little too crazy for me.” he says with a knowing smirk, if anything she was a little too normal for Julian as he has a track record of attracting ladies that could be described as crazy. "Nice to meet you Katie. I'm Julian." he offers out his hand to shake.
The bartender interrupts them briefly, “Hey, could I get four shots of Tequila? Please.” he says to the bartender before looking at Katie, “You up for a couple of shots?” he asks her.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#8 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:22:26(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Katie smiles. "Ah so your not together, noted". Katie then laughs. "She's not crazy enough huh". Katie says as she had been known as a bit crazy in the past. "Shots oh yeah count me in". She says with a smirk.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:28:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Julian nods, “Yeah, definitely not together.” he says a little more assertively. He always seemed to prefer women with a little bit of the crazy in them, he was drawn to the passion and excitement that they brought to the table. He glances at the bartender and gets her attention, “Sorry, could I get an extra two shots please?” he asks, the bartender nods and places the six shots on the bar. He pushes two of the shots towards Katie and grabs two of the small glasses himself, he raises it briefly in the air and waits for Katie to do the same before he swiftly downs the two drinks. He shakes his head briefly as he adjusts to the after taste before smirking. “Nice.” he says as he watches Katie take her shots. He picks up the other two shots for Brianna, “Would you like to hang at our table?” he asks as he gestures towards where Brianna is sat.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#10 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:31:29(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Katie smiles and then as the two glasses are pushed towards her she raises them just like Julian and drinks them in quick fashion. "Man that is strong stuff". Katie then looks over at the table with Brianna and nods. "Sure I'd love to join you guys"
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:36:04(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Julian nods as Katie mentions the drinks, “Just enough to take the edge off.” he says as he walks behind Katie towards the table, he places the two shots on the table next to Brianna. He pulls the seat out next to him and gestures for Katie to sit next to him. Brianna smiles, “Hey, Katie. I'm Brianna, lovely to meet you.” she says before grabbing the two shots and quickly downing them, “Not the greatest first impression, I admit. But I need something to calm my nerves.” she says with a giggle, “I'm not in my comfort zone at all.”
Julian laughs at Brianna before looking at Katie, “So, how's things going?” he asks. He was aware of her group but hadn't heard too much from them for a little while.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#12 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:40:32(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Katie nods. "Understandable, I mean tonight is a big night". Katie then walks with Julian over to the table. "Oh hi Brianna, lovely to meet you too". Katie then chuckles. "Not in your comfort zone huh, I live for these kinda events but I'm sure you'll be getting used to them".

Katie then turns her attention back to Julian. "Things are ok, me and the girls are just taking a long break to do our own thing ya know"
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:45:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Julian smiles, he admired the confidence that she had, clearly these sort of fancy events weren't new to Katie. Brianna smiles and frowns a little as the taste of the alcohol hits her, “Definitely not. It's a little too fancy for me.” she says with a light chuckle, “But Julian tells me I'm going to have to get used to it.” she shakes her head, “First world problems, huh?” she says ironically as she takes another sip of her champagne.

Julian nods as he listens to Katie, “I think it's important to take time for yourself. Especially in this industry. It can be hard to find the time to have a little bit of fun, y'know?” he thinks briefly before continuing, “It's not easy though, the more time you take off, the more difficult it can be to get back into things.”
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#14 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:49:47(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Katie smiles at Brianna. "Girl I'm sure you'll get used to these fancy events eventually I remember my first one, was proper shitting myself too".

Katie then turns her focus again back to Julian. "Yeah, we've have been away for quite some time, I always find the time to have some fun though, you can't keep this girl down". Katie was with a giggle. "I'd love to put some of my own music out there but I am scared it'll flop so hard".
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 03 March 2019 02:57:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Brianna nods, “I seriously fucking hope you're right, I can't keep doing this shit every time.” she laughs a little, Brianna was somewhat neurotic but a very easy person to chat to. “You seem to handle it pretty well, at least.”

Julian listens to Katie, “Yeah, it's happened before. People have stepped away and tried to return but the interest has gone.” he thinks for a moment, “But I could definitely see you doing well if you choose to try things out on your own. I think you'd fit into the style of music that's hot right now. Look at the likes of Andrea, Sabina and Suzie. It's the girls that are taking over. You should probably try to get yourself a piece of that action. It'd be foolish not to try.” He wasn't afraid to voice his opinion and felt like he knew what he was talking about when it comes to the music industry.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#16 Posted : 03 March 2019 03:00:30(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Katie nods at Brianna. "Trust me you'll get used to it, I am now".

Katie then smiles at Julian. "Yeah the girls are taking over and killing it right now, I'll think about it I don't have a label or my own manager so getting my stuff heard will be a challenge".
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 03 March 2019 03:49:46(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Julian nods in agreement, “It's the best time for you to take the chance.” He thinks, “I'd be happy to help out anyway I can.” he says before taking a sip of his champagne, “I don't run a label anymore, but I could definitely get you a foot in the door.” he continues, “I can't imagine you'll need that much help though. You've done enough in the industry already to have a reputation with those sorts of people.”
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#18 Posted : 03 March 2019 03:54:24(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Katie smiles at Julian. "Ah look at you being a gentleman.". Katie then smiles. "I am sure you could put in a good word for me, I mean I'm talented and blonde I could totally rival the likes of Suzie"
UserPostedImage
Offline freestylechamp  
#19 Posted : 03 March 2019 03:59:28(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Chris and Tyler come in for the Culture Uncut launch party. Chris was here to gets some tips to rub elbows. Tyler was here as one of the workers on one of the newer magazine that popped up during the CU absent the Pulse.

Chris: You know these famous party always get the most the flash but it really the after party that things turn up I guess it is because it is always better with drinks in the system.

Tyler: speak for yourself businessman, I'm here to get some dirt or at least get an article written this month to pay the rent these places aren't cheap.

Chris: Don't you use me to get in these places for free?

Tyler: *Smirks at Chris* I mean these clothes aren't cheap

Tyler outfit:
UserPostedImage

Chris: *Sighs as he walks through with Tyler,* Oh young man, you need to have comfort over style. When you get older you will see.

Tyler: Chris, you aren't that much older than me?

Chris: But I am older.

Tyler: By like 3 years, that's not a big difference. and what is that a bathrobe?

Chris Outfit:
UserPostedImage

Chris: I'm ready for the afterparty.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#20 Posted : 03 March 2019 04:12:47(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
UserPostedImage
mariko in venice beach,shortly before arriving.

mariko didnt get accosted by the hordes of photographers hoping for someone famous to snap pictures of. dressed normally,she could slip in without much fuss. not that she was a low key person,she just had no interest in dressing up for this thing. besides,if she caused trouble,her worn chuck taylors would be better for running than high heels. so it wasa flowing shirt and comfortably short jean shorts. she milled around in the lobby before climbing on a potted plant to see if she saw her sister. her sister who probably said she was going to be here. honestly,mariko wasnt paying attention when they spoke. someone was walking an adorable dog with a shirt. so that took precedence over whatever her sister was saying. mariko put her hands to her eyes like she was using a telescope to find erica,but to no avail. "fuck." she whispered and picked up her phone and dialed.

erica: yello. you're on the mic with mike.

mariko: where the fuck are you?!

erica:i'm the fuck at the hotel playing cards with cassie.

mariko: you're supposed to be here at the culture uncut thing!!

Erica: no..im supposed to be here kicking cassie's ass in uno. but THIS bitch keeps skipping me!!!

Cassies's faint voice in the background: uno!!!

Erica:fuck you fuck you fuck you!!!

mariko:hitomi! focus. get your butt here.

Erica: why? i told you i wasnt coming.

mariko:you did not!

erica:yes i did. why would i go to something like that?

Mariko: to keep me company. and when have you ever missed an event?! there is free liquor,all the music press is here. you're in the magazine for fuck's sake!!!

Erica:yeah. i totally want to come to that. im pregnant,mariko. i dont want to sit around drinking milk like a god damned square.

mariko: so...im all alone here? i hate you. i hope your baby is born ugly!

erica: whatever. its not my baby,i dont care if its ugly.

Cassie's faint voice: i do! its half me. the summerses do NOT make ugly kids.

Erica: free booze and an industry event? dude,you know erich is there. hang out with him.

mariko: i guess. ..im sorry,hitomi. i dont hate you. but i do still want your baby to be born with a hare lip or something. this sucks.

Erica:oh you'll be fine. i am sure there will be some hangers on some where around there that are just itching to fuck a star of your caliber.

mariko sighs and hangs up. she heads to the bar. that is where erich would be.

UserPostedImage

erich was indeed at the bar. he was holding court with several people. they all looked like the sort that hung out in art galleries and attempted to vampire absorb talent from actual artists. these poor fuckers were trying to suck a dry husk if they were hoping to get anything from erich.

"so you see," erich says,raising a pointed hand like a greek philospher's statue. "that and ONLY that is the reason why the human bra is the key to time travel. you simply loop on arm around your wrist,pack one cup with 10 pounds of orgonite and the other cup with 12 d cell batteries. " he says to his adoring (?) tribe. he found people found him for more interesting after being squirted with the water gun he was carrying that was filled with lsd.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.