logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FiveT  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2018 08:53:58(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
UserPostedImage

RELEASE DATE: December 20th, 2018
GENRE: Pop, Synth Pop, Dance Pop, Trance Pop, Disco Pop
LABEL: Five Pesky Kids
WRITERS: Den Walnut
PRODUCERS: Den Walnut, Laurence Vega, Red-X

TRACKLIST:
1-Yourself
2-Tick Me Off
3-Spin Round, Round, Round
4-Hourglass
5-Another Day
6-Deal With It
7-Iron Gunner
8-Coming Out (Beautiful You)
9-No Es Una Meteora (Amate)
10-An Angel Told Me
11-The Moon Knows

DEN SAYS:
"Finally my third solo album, my 7th one overall in my career. I feel so proud of that, I have learnt to cherish every little thing, every little moment and another album, oh shoot - it means a lot! Now as I try to concentrate and find the perfect words to be like 'Hey this is my best album yet!', I will tell you that... This is my best album yet!
But there's a reason for that. It probably speaks for itself when you fully listen to it but let me start from the beginning. Let's start from the name. 'Don't Be A Pain In My Sky' was just percect, I was excited just to come think of it. Think about it, a pain in your sky can be that cloud covering your sunny day and ruining your picnic with friends, or the sky could be your mind and that pain, well, we all have something or someone being a pain on our minds. Then, we as English people we say don't be a pain in my arse, you know when you have that trouble that really won't leave you alone and you really want to just be ok. Well, that's how I felt for about three or four years. These last three or four years of my life, before it all ended, because I wanted it to. I found out that I can be my own sun of my sky, I don't need no more clouds, no more pain. I just shine on it and let it rain and enjoy the rainbow afterwards. I always thought that I had to wait for the rainbow after the storm, but no, I've learnt I will make the rainbow, I will make those clouds rain as the hot sun.
So every track is important to me. Each one a piece of me, each one telling something about who I am today. A grown up, independent gay man who loves himself, who loves his freedom, who loves his rights and has most come out of the shell. Someone who respects himself, now even more than others, because you never come after. It's common knowledge that most tracks also talk about certain people and what not, but they were part of my path and so here goes the finishing thank you's for this album.
First of all, I thank myself for all said above, I thank the bestest friends I could ever find: me. Then I thank actual friends and family, my little girl, my bandmates, they know who they are, they need no names. They supported this in each of their own ways and it made it special.
I also wanna say thank you to my exes, but know that you gave me different inspirations - no need for further details, everyone knows what I'm talking here.
I wanna say thank you to people who work for and with me, my management, my new label Five Pesky Records. You believe in my career and music, we create magic!
And last, but not ever least, thank you fans. Can I call you like that? No I think friends. Friends sometimes I don't know but who know everything, every move, lyrics, note. They're always with me with thoughts and I just say... Let's enjoy this new ride!

OOC: Thanks and credits to BrownSugar for re-creating the artwork :)

Edited by user 28 October 2020 09:49:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari đŸ‘©đŸŸâ€đŸŠČ, Rose Hemsworth đŸ‘©đŸ»â€đŸŠ°, David Hernandez đŸ‘±đŸ», Natasha Stanovski đŸ‘§đŸ», Fabriano Galore đŸ‘šđŸ»

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 5 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 22/12/2018(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/12/2018(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/12/2018(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/07/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#2 Posted : 06 July 2019 04:14:40(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

TRACK 1

UserPostedImage

After a long break of 4 years away from music both as a solo and with his group, Den releases "Yourself" after announcing his comeback a few weeks before. The was a song recorded around middle 2018 along with other songs, ready to make the album.
"When I recorded Yourself, I was very angry, but I wasn't lonely. It was that time, during these years, when I was coming out of the 'darkness' and letting go of bad people. I was feeling stronger than ever and I wanted to remember that. Not only I wanted to remember how I got strong, but also I dedicated this to myself, for the way I overcame such bad things in my life." Says Den about the song as it seems official that what inspired him to write the lyrics was mainly the break-up with ex Adam Black. The lyrics of the song, in fact, make a reference to "Adamo" of the Bible in Spanish words and it may be an undirected message to the Black singer.

"I love how people may actually feel empowered by this and maybe even get inspired. I think that's my main goal. I like when I meet people and they go like 'I could totally relate to this'. I went for a dance, disco type of sound for it. I didn't want it to be the usual Pop teary song. It had to empower in the right way."
The song in fact begins with Den speaking warmly and softly in Spanish. He sounds very calm but still something unique and magical seems to be there, which fits with the violins playing behind the voice.
But the classical sound of the song ends when the speaking part ends and the violin slowly builds up a melody with a beat.
When the first chorus comes the song explodes into his dancey beat and it actually 'starts'.
Den's singing doesn't shine for an extraordinary vocal ability, but it totally fits the beat and gets the song into the right upbeat mood, which continues all through the double chorus and the second verse.
The catchy beat stops at the bridge though, when the violin take over the sound again and Den speaks softly like in the intro. While he does though, this time the beat builds up and it explodes even more in the last chorus continuing until the end, when the song fades with Den repeating his sentence in an almost robotic way.

Me dijo the amo
amigo de oro
dijo tu trabajo lo adoro
Quién pensaba que
Tentado Adamo
Dejo el foro
Olvida mi oro

It's the actions, not the words
The broken heart can mend
Need now to be gone
It's the best that you can have
Because
The spell is on you now

You choose, you feel, you say
And there you have yourself
(Yourself, yourself)

Just for the record now
There is all within
The way you play your scene
Go on and let it out
Please, go make your sin

Need now to be gone
Because
The spell is on you now

(Yourself, yourself)

Just for the record now
What you have to be
That different lover that
You always looked for
You have to love yourself

Need now to be gone
Because
The spell is on you now

(Yourself, yourself)

Por favor, vuelve
Amigo de oro
Por favor, vuelve
Mi único amor
Pero no
Porque yo

Lo siento no lo siento
[x15]

Need now to be gone
Because
The spell is on you now

(Yourself, yourself)

Lo siento no lo siento [x15]

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 06 July 2019 05:20:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies
Zafari Mari đŸ‘©đŸŸâ€đŸŠČ, Rose Hemsworth đŸ‘©đŸ»â€đŸŠ°, David Hernandez đŸ‘±đŸ», Natasha Stanovski đŸ‘§đŸ», Fabriano Galore đŸ‘šđŸ»

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 3 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 06/07/2019(UTC), erich hess on 06/07/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#3 Posted : 06 July 2019 04:20:52(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

TRACK 2

UserPostedImage

The song released as a single follows the album release and generally seems to be one of the favorite album tracks on the album by the public. The song, critically acclaimed and described as that perfect camp Dance Pop song with catchy hooks and choruses, was written around Summer of 2018 as Den says
"'Tick Me Off' would mean make me angry, get me mad and that happens when I think that I have not been an independent man in my life before and always thought I had to rely on people, especially on my exes. I couldn't and didn't want to stay alone, now I feel like I'm ok with it - I don't need someone to accomplish my goals. I can work on my stuff and the main idea of the song is actually this. As soon as you tick me off, you're wasting my time, life is only one. I also think it was a cool idea because the song plays on the tick-tocking of the clock to represent time and the 'tick off' thing gives you the vibe of time going off, getting wasted."

The song begins with a slow kickline soon followed by Den's vocals sounding almost robotic. He sings in a monotone way repeating the words. As he does, the beat slowly builds up with synths and lower trumpets in the background creating an old-disco vibe kind of sound which turns into a catchy melody as Den finishes the intro of the song. The strong melody takes the song to the first chorus where Den doesn't exactly shine for his vocal abilites rather he just focuses on the catchy tone. He just creates the typical melody you would hum to. So with no interruption, the song keeps the vibe going and Den sings the first verse changing melody but not the steady and follows the same as he repeats the hook, repeating the initial melody.
Some synths play again to make the same catchy old-disco melody as before for the chorus that is repeated and as the next verse feels like the first, another hook comes. This time Den's vocal abilities shine a little as he holds the notes a little more, the beat slows down a bit making the sound feel a little more epic, like the one of a soundtrack. It then changes all again suddenly when the chorus comes again and the interruption of the slow hook makes the melody even more exciting.
After the chorus then the beat stops again and the volume of background instruments fades first to almost being mute then goes slowly higher and higher as Den repeats the words of the intro in the same way. The last time he says them, the melody of the chorus explodes again and repeats itself three times, getting instrumental on the last time.

Tu vas, goodbye
[x12]

Tick me off, tick-tock
No more time to waste
I'm done
Baby-baby I got disco-stoned
Tick me off, tick-tock
Lights on me, I dance
It's too good
I swear my life's too good

Say goodbye, is a good thing
At times
Did you know
When things just disappear
You can get to a whole new start
When you're done
Explore your heart

Tu vas, goodbye
(I told it)
Tu vas, goodbye
(I told it)
So tell me who are you

Tick me off, tick-tock
No more time to waste
I'm done
Tick me off, tick-tock
Lights on me, I dance
It's too good

Say goodbye, is a good thing
At times
I know
When things just disappear
I can finally feel parts of me
Standing up
Standing up for me

I just know you might be waiting
For more
But once you know it's not worth waiting
For fake gold
You can go like you're naked in the snow
Take your risk and put them on
These disco balls of yours

Tick me off, tick-tock
No more time to waste
I'm done
Tick me off, tick-tock
Lights on me, I dance
It's too good

Tu vas, goodbye
[x12]

Tick me off, tick-tock
No more time to waste
I'm done
Tick me off, tick-tock
Lights on me, I dance
It's too good
[x2]

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 06 July 2019 05:16:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 06/07/2019(UTC), erich hess on 06/07/2019(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#4 Posted : 06 July 2019 05:07:10(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

TRACK 3

UserPostedImage

Track 3 "Spin Round, Round, Round" is a fun, upbeat song that Den wrote and recorded around the end of 2017. It apparently was a good time for him as he says 'I was feeling very good around that time. I was healed of my break-up, of my heartache. I started looking at men again in the normal way, no more trust issues, no more looking at all of them the same. I was inspired by this feeling, I think I hadn't looked at men like that in a long time during my last relationship for many reasons that now everyone knows I think.'
About writing the structure of the song he adds. "I was more feeling excited to share my feelings with a catchy, fun melody so I mostly tried to arrenge the lyrics to the beat when I wrote the song and I really liked the outcome. You can tell the lyrics are probably not exactly very deep, but they are fun to hear with song and melody in general. I kept singing the song for a few days later.

The song begins with a sticky catchy drum that already gives rhythm to the song and low synths in the back enhance the beat. Den sings in a few seconds and it's already a tune that can catch a listener's ear, with a simple notes structure but very infectious which takes straight to the chorus, which has a sliglhtly stronger mood with voice going thicker. Right after the chorus, the first verse melody is repeated with the word 'Round' which makes another chorus.
Right after the 'Round' part the song slows down a bit and the mood goes into a little more provocative way almost stopping at times as Den lowers the notes of his vocals and elongates them, showing a little of versability in his husky vocals hitting a bit of falsetto but still with a little of help of autotune which is clearly heard, but still makes an electronic effect in this dance, electro pop type of song. This slow melody and tune of the song comes again after another chorus, with different words, which make their impact on the song and it ends after another chorus while the 'Round, Round, Round' part fades to low volume.

I-I-I, looking up the sky
I-I-I, angels out in town
I-I-I, no more stars tonight
I-I-I, they fell on the ground

Let me read your mind baby
Let me get in your philosophy
Let me know what you like right here, right now
'Cause I think you could spin me round, round, round

Round, Round, Round
Round, Round, Round, Round[/i]
[x6]

It's all real
It's all me
Taste the need
With me

And plea-sure it, a-ni-mal
Like a Docu-ment-ary
Where you discover
Me

Round, Round, Round
[x6]

Can you handle
Terrestrian heat

If you can't do, if you can't
You can't with me
Then angel cover me with wings
You will see

Round, Round, Round
[x6]

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 06 July 2019 06:55:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage