logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 28 June 2020 11:25:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artists: Gemma Kane
Release Date: June 27th, 2020
Genre: Pop
Record Label: FivePeskyKids
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single
Producers: The Wolverines
Songwriters: Gemma Kane
Album: TBA

"Sinner" is an official single by singer/songwriter Gemma Kane and is the leading single taken from the pop songstresses upcoming studio album that is set for a 2020 release. Sinner serves as the first single by Gemma Kane just a day after making it to the final of Celebrity Big Brother 7, where she was a finalist and came in second place in the very last season of the popular franchise. The record itself was produced by Gemma's long time collaborators The Wolverines and the record was written by Gemma Kane in early 2020. The single was initially announced in December of 2019 but was delayed due to her commitments to Celebrity Big Brother. The record itself is being released through Gemma's record label FivePeskyKids and will be released on June 29th, 2020 following a world premiere on June 27th, 2020. The lyrics speak of a relationship that has gone terribly wrong, but now the person is feeling stronger but still has that animosity for the other person who has done them wrong.

Prior to the release of "Sinner", Gemma Kane rose to stardom after making it on popular singing competition Starfactory as the front woman for now-defunct girl group Lashes. After the groups break up, Gemma released her first solo single 'We Had The Power', which was an ode to the breakup of the band. We Had The Power achieved moderate success, places at #3 position on the charts, proving Gemma's worth to shift units and carve a position for herself within the industry. Following that, Gemma had the opportunity to feature as a vocalist on mister_b's debut album on the track "Involuntary Memories", which was released as mister_b's third single of the album. The single became a massive success and topped both the digital and airplay charts for several weeks, really pivoting Gemma to stardom and officially allowing Gemma to break away from the comparison's that always plagued her with being apart of a girl group. However, the success was one thing but Gemma's personal life began to creep up on her from behind.

In 2015 news broke that Gemma Kane and rock artist James Urie were getting divorced and after being married for only 5 months with rumors via Culture Uncut leaking the prenuptial agreement papers that showed Gemma being awarded millions of dollars within the agreement even went around that the marriage ended with Gemma getting millions of dollars in a prenuptial agreement from James Urie. Still, this didn't stop the songstress. Months after Gemma's reality show, 'On The Run with Gemma' that will be aired on E! The show followed Gemma as she prepped the release of her debut album entitled "Precious". The leading single from "Precious" entitled "Cruel" became a top 5 hit as did the album. Gemma then went on to release top 2 hit "Diamonds", which featured rapper Miami before she ended the era of "Precious". With the success of the debut album, Gemma decided to take a bit of a break from music but still remained popular on social media, as she boasts many followers. In 2020, Gemma was announced her official comeback and new single via Instagram where she stated "Are you a sinner?" getting fans anticipated for her return to music. The single was then pushed back due to Gemma's stint on Celebrity Big Brother, where the star came across the the bubbly party girl and even got the industry talking after a hook up with the young the Cameron Jacobson. Gemma placed second on Celebrity Big Brother and after she got out of the house, she wasted no time in releasing new music.

Sinner is a pop record that sees Gemma sing negatively about a counterpart and their undoing. The track starts with Gemma singing “Silence surrounds as you lay/Stay sick with guilt/I command you stay/Shadows play tricks with you, to have some fun.” Over a gorgeous, laid back guitar riff. These two lines implies some moodiness to the record and the lyrics mix well with the electronic driven track that gives perfect way for Gemma to shine vocally with her laid back vocals and the catchy, synth driven production. The lyrics suggest that a relationship has clearly gone terribly wrong and now Gemma is plotting revenge and their downfall. This sound of Gemma is more dark and moody then her previous records and this is a welcome change to her growth musically and a change up to her previous "uppity" pop sound that some know her for.

The chorus is another stand out to the track. The lyrics build up nicely over the catchy beats until the song breaks into the an electro driven chorus where Gemma sings Craving inner peace, yet you shattered my soul/Dirty little sinner, you can't make it whole/I hope this eats you alive, as you did to mine/You have no clue how much you hurt me, turns out I'm fine". Over catchy synths and a pulsating backing beat. The chorus is sung two times with the second chorus adding in bigger synths and harder beats as the song continues to slide lusciously over the baseline line. Another clear standout of the track of the song is the spoken piece of the record the record where Gemma uses a whispery growl to say "You thought you could break me down?" Make me feel low?/Little did you know I would prosper/Now I'm praying for your undoing". Before the song breaks into a final huge chorus where Gemma gives us vocal runs that a both powerful and captivating until the song comes to an end.

SINNER

Silence surrounds as you lay
Stay sick with guilt, I command you, stay
Shadows play tricks with you, to have some fun
My revenge has only begun

The nights still young, and moon light shines
Just like you did to me, I'll ignore your cries
Can't forgive the way you left me
You just walked away, and abandoned me
Maybe tonight, the beast will set me free

Craving inner peace, yet you shattered my soul
Dirty little sinner, you can't make it whole
I hope this eats you alive, as you did to mine
You have no clue how much you hurt me, turns out I'm fine

Get on your knees and pray for me,
I am treated like nothing you can see
I'm not going to watch you lie away
Hide from me, like you do all your life, and set me to lay

Carved out from darkness, is the true meaning
You never cared a tear about me, never heard my pleading
For you to return home, to me, sinner three.
My skin, my love, you will not see
I need man, not a boy, to give me what I need

Trusted you the most
Now I'm gone and your haunted by my ghost
Put all of this doubt inside of me
Made me realize what I needed the most

[Spoken]
You thought you could break me down?
Make me feel low?
Little did you know I would prosper
Now I'm praying for your undoing

SOUNDS LIKE

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 10 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 28/06/2020(UTC), Teethdevoursnake on 28/06/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 28/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/06/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/06/2020(UTC), erich hess on 28/06/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/06/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 28/06/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 14/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 28 June 2020 11:53:07(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
Samantha Stevens: Yassss queen i feel u on that song!
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 28/06/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 28 June 2020 11:53:37(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Blake: Nice to hear you on a track. Must admit that I wasn't familiar with your work before we met in the house. Great little track here. Very catchy. Can definitely relate to a bunch of the lines throughout.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 28 June 2020 12:27:33(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3998 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Cameron: Oh I like this it's catchy, also congratulations on the second place beautiful you deserved it 😘
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.