logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1 Posted : 30 July 2020 04:35:02(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artist: Vara Gallo
Title: Princess
Length: 3:14
Label: Independent
Writers: Vara Gallo
Producers: Reza Vranitzky
From the Album: TBA

Vara Gallo, known for her dark electropop dance numbers, returns to the limelight, joining a number of other acts who had recently released music after years of being silent. Vara’s new music does not disappoint, bringing back her provocative lyrics that she was known for. In this new song, Vara seems to be declaring that she’s back for good again, and while her break from music was long and silent, Vara isn’t going to be silent anymore.

The song opens with a chorus, sounding almost angelic, singing Vara’s name, causing a mental image of Vara coming down from the heavens to bless us all with her music and good looks. Vara is quick to mention that she’s claiming her spot as Princess Vara, a title that she dubbed herself many years ago. She mentions her long absence, singing that while many people thought that she was done for good, Vara was merely getting ready for this new era of music that she is now delivering. The chorus has a repetitive nature to the sound of it, as Vara lists of a few attributes she believes she possesses, including being “rich” and “real,” mentioning again that she’s “the best princess you can find.” Vara then goes after perhaps the other women who also consider themselves princesses, singing that she came to “shake” and “terrify” them. The other princesses in the world are pretending not to be concerned with Vara’s return, Vara claims, but they knew that their careers were over when Vara returned. In the chorus again, Vara names off other attributes that she has, mentioning her money again, but also bringing up how well she dresses, and her girlfriend, Mariko Kobayashi. She asks the listener if they’re jealous of all that Vara has, which is clearly Vara’s intention with this song. In the third verse, Vara mentions Mercedes, stating that Vara is the hardest working singer, not Mercedes. Vara also mentions that she’s popular with men and women, a reference to her own bisexuality, and the multitude of people she has publicly slept with over the years.

The outro has a completely different sound to it than the rest of the song does. While the main pieces of the song has a generally laid-back feeling to them, the outro really picks up, giving the song the more dark sound that Vara is really known for. To compliment this dark sound, Vara describes herself as the bringer of the apocalypse. She mentions her past albums, “Hoes & Bitches” and “Lover’s Eyes,” singing that the sound of her new album is going to be a mix between the two (Hoes & Bitches was a very dance-centric electropop album, while Lover’s Eyes was a story-based, slower album which told the story of Alice in Wonderland, but in Vara Gallo’s style). Vara also mentions her home country of Italy in the second verse of the outro, also claiming that everybody else who doesn’t achieve as much as she has must be an “achievemephobe.” The song ends with the last word being almost unintelligible as the song quickly fades out, as if the song suddenly stopped playing.

Vara Gallo

I showed up again after years to
Reclaim that spot as Princess Vara
You thought you had seen the last of me
But it’s just a new era

Smart and strong and
Rich and real and
Legs so long and
Make you squeal and
Never wrong and
On your mind and
The best princess you can find

So watch out and stand by, waving goodbye
I came to shake and to terrify
Knew they were done when I returned
Pretending to be unconcerned

I ascend and
Have been blessed with
Cash to spend and
Best dressed and
A hot girlfriend
Jealous yet?
Men fight to light my cigarettes, oh yes

Took a break but never stopped going
Hardest worker, forget Mercedes
I know when you mention my name
Popular with men and ladies

Skinny brunette
With a fast car
Always knew I’d
Be a big star
Luscious lips and
Up to tricks
Big brown eyes that always transfix, oh yeah

I’m the bringer of the ‘pocalypse
I open my mouth and you are eclipsed
Hoes & Bitches and Lover’s Eyes meet
They tried to go against Vara, and then they were beat
Oh, the things I do, the things you don’t
The things that bother you to the bone
You tried to burn me, and you got scorched
And now I am the one that holds the torch

Italy to around the globe
You can’t reach me, you must be an achievemephobe
If you hate me, then you don’t love yourself
There’s no way you can ignore this bombshell
Oh, the things I do
The things I say
Oh, the things you wish you could wash away

Sounds like:
thanks 8 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
2001clay on 30/07/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 30/07/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/07/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 02/08/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 30 July 2020 05:51:44(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
UserPostedImage

mariko:it is true. it is all true. i may be biased in this,but this is pretty much the best thing ever written.

erica:oh my god,mariko. are you like,her groupie or something?

Mariko:*reapplying lipstick* mmm? i'll answer your question later.i was invited to go backstage.

erica:i am not sure where i stand on this. when i woke up today i didnt expect to have to choose between family and the icon that is mercedes.

nina:nobody likes a centrist,love. we must choose a side for the upcoming battle.

Erica: sorry,mercedes.i have to hop off your bandwagon.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 30/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 31 July 2020 00:12:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Mercedes: Awwww thanks for the shoutout on the track even though nobody works harder than me ;) Currently taking a MUCH DESERVED BREAK while spinning this bop! Stunning track, my lovely.

OOC: I LOVE these lyrics! Such a fun song. You've offered so much variety with your return to music already! :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 31/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/07/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 31/07/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 31 July 2020 00:30:43(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: First lets talk about that outfit. We love a good cleavage shot, yas mam! Love the song!

OOC: These name drops you've been doing lately are on point lol
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#5 Posted : 31 July 2020 02:10:12(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1064 time(s) in 342 post(s)
RadioVine: Yeah bitch I’m just telling you, being a princess is not what it’s cut to be. So watch what you wish for. But because it’s you darlin— I guess being a princess is what it’s cut to be..

OCC: I kept reading the lyrics because I love how fun and energetic they are. Also love love the artwork! Beautiful!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#6 Posted : 31 July 2020 10:10:27(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
mariko:it is true. it is all true. i may be biased in this,but this is pretty much the best thing ever written.

erica:oh my god,mariko. are you like,her groupie or something?

Mariko:*reapplying lipstick* mmm? i'll answer your question later.i was invited to go backstage.

erica:i am not sure where i stand on this. when i woke up today i didnt expect to have to choose between family and the icon that is mercedes.

nina:nobody likes a centrist,love. we must choose a side for the upcoming battle.

Erica: sorry,mercedes.i have to hop off your bandwagon.

Vara: Shhh, Mariko, what happens backstage stays backstage. (; Thank you, Erica. I’m glad you’ve made the correct decision.

Quote:
Mercedes: Awwww thanks for the shoutout on the track even though nobody works harder than me ;) Currently taking a MUCH DESERVED BREAK while spinning this bop! Stunning track, my lovely.

OOC: I LOVE these lyrics! Such a fun song. You've offered so much variety with your return to music already! :)

Vara: Thank you, Mercedes. Try not to over-exert yourself while listening. Remember to take breaks and drink lots of fluids.

OOC: Thank you! I had a lot of fun with this song, and I hope it shows. You’re too sweet.

Quote:
Stephanie Fierce: First lets talk about that outfit. We love a good cleavage shot, yas mam! Love the song!

OOC: These name drops you've been doing lately are on point lol

Vara: Thank you for appreciating my cleavage, darling, I paid good money for it. Thank you for listening!

OCC: Hahaha, thank you. I like bringing other people’s characters into the songs a lot. (:

Quote:
RadioVine: Yeah bitch I’m just telling you, being a princess is not what it’s cut to be. So watch what you wish for. But because it’s you darlin— I guess being a princess is what it’s cut to be..

OCC: I kept reading the lyrics because I love how fun and energetic they are. Also love love the artwork! Beautiful!

Vara: Radio! Thank you for listening, darling. I personally relish in my title of Princess. I think it fits me very well.

OOC: Aw, thank you so much! Good to see you back!
thanks 2 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 31/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 01 August 2020 08:28:06(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: This is so great! The sound alike kind of threw me off but it works. You're on a roll with your comeback lol.

Serenity: "If you hate me, then you don’t love yourself" is about to be my new tattoo because that is such a mood. I'm in love with everything about this song! I always love it when a woman knows her worth and isn't afraid to remind everyone once in a while.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#8 Posted : 01 August 2020 09:46:20(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: This is so great! The sound alike kind of threw me off but it works. You're on a roll with your comeback lol.

Serenity: "If you hate me, then you don’t love yourself" is about to be my new tattoo because that is such a mood. I'm in love with everything about this song! I always love it when a woman knows her worth and isn't afraid to remind everyone once in a while.

OOC: Thank you! Yeah, Tally Hall-ish is kind of the direction I’m trying to take Vara right now, which is a lot different from what I was doing with her before. Hahaha, thanks again!

Vara: Hey Serenity. Thank you, darling. I definitely know my worth, and it is with royalty. (; You’re the sweetest, darling, thank you again. Call me when you want somebody to go with you to get that tattoo.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 03 August 2020 09:15:16(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: You are going to werk on these RPs! I love that each of them are so different from eachother, which really puts an emphasis on how distinct each of your characters are musically. My favorite so far from your recent RPs is definitely “Princess” (all though all are great!). I love the lyrics here that show off Vara’s attitude, honestly slayed me. Great work as usual :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline snap_itshannah  
#10 Posted : 04 August 2020 22:34:21(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: You are going to werk on these RPs! I love that each of them are so different from eachother, which really puts an emphasis on how distinct each of your characters are musically. My favorite so far from your recent RPs is definitely “Princess” (all though all are great!). I love the lyrics here that show off Vara’s attitude, honestly slayed me. Great work as usual :)

OOC: Thank you!! I'm really happy that you think that my characters are expressing themselves the way I want them to come off. Thank you again for liking Princess! It's more difficult for me to write really hype lyrics because I'm not a super hype person lol, I'm much better at writing depressing or angry lyrics lol. So glad it slayed you! Hope I can keep the momentum up!