logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 06 November 2020 16:41:55(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3998 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Title: Unapologetically Me
Genre(s): Dance-Pop, Electropop, Pop
Label: La Familia
Length: 44:34
Written By: Amy-Jayne, Cameron Jacobson
Produced By: Cirkut, Hank Solo, Jason Gill, Lotus IV, RedOne, Shellback, Trackside
Release Date: November 21st 2020

"Unapologetically Me" is the third studio album by American Singer-Songwriter Amy-Jayne. The album marks the first album from the singer in 5 years following "Cosmic Love" (2015) which was deemed a commercial failure by fans a critics alike. "Unapologetically Me" also showcases a shift in sound for the 29 year-old with a more commercially pop sound as to her previous material which had an R&B sound. The album also marks Amy's first studio album to be released by La Familia after signing with Payton's label earlier this year. The album is scheduled for release 21st November 2020 having been pushed forwards from a release date of early next year, the album will be will in fact be released on Amy's 30th birthday. The production for the album was predominately handled by Cirkut with additional production from Hank Solo, Jason Gill, Lotus IV, RedOne, Shellback and Trackside. The album was written entirely by Amy-Jayne with the exception of track 6 which features writing credits from Cameron Jacobson who featured on the track "Tick Tok" with Amy. The album has a total run time or 44 minutes and thirty-four seconds and consists of tweleve tracks. The album is also the first of Amy's to not feature a ballad. Lyrically the album is a rare insight into the stars life and talks about, love, hatred, vulnerability among other things.

The album was scrapped, re-written and recorded various over the 5 years of its production as Amy wanted the album to be her best yet and didn't want to disappoint her fans old and new. The album's original writing and recording process began back in 2016 when the star was now recording as an independent artist when her previous recording contract with Titanic Records expired following the of her second album. Amy later abandoned the album and took time away from writing and recording and the spotlight as a whole to give birth to her second child in 2018. After signing with La Familia the album was picked up and finalized after Amy was happy with it. To date two singles have released from the album the #1 single "Tick Tok" which features Cameron Jacobson and was released in March of this year and the new single "Strange Love" which was released on October 25th.

The album has received generally favourable reviews from critics. Neil Z. Yeung stated that Unapologetically Me is "an expertly crafted gem", praising the album for showcasing Amy's powerhouse vocal range as well as her personality. Jason Lipshutz of Billboard noted that it was an "an amazing uptempo body of work", with several tracks containing electropop genres. He highlighted Amy's whistle notes on "Perfect Destination" and concluded that "Hold On (Just Wait)" was a stand out track out of the 12 tracks found on the album. Writing for The Guardian, Michael Cragg praised Unapologetically Me for having an impeccable melodic infrastructure and cited that this is easily Amy's best album to date. Cragg acknowledged that originality was not a priority for Amy and stated that there was "something so fantastic about this album, its so infectious and danceable too". Michael Chaiken of Republican-American wrote that the album had great hooks, comparing it to songs released early in the Amy-Jayne's career. Saeed Saeed noted that every track in Unapologetically Me contained "colossal hooks, well written and a little dark side in a few tracks", which were accompanied by Amy's killer vocals. He described Amy as Creating a true masterpiece with this album" before concluding that the album was "anything but subtle and that every songs hook slaps you right across the face".

Writing for Spectrum Culture, Jeffrey Davies criticized the lack of innovation and individuality on Unapologetically Me, in addition to the staggered single releases from the album, stating that "Strange Love" and "Selfish" were "out of place" in comparison to the rest of the album. However, he commended Jayne's strong vocals and artistic talent for creating a nostalgic feeling as well as bringing back that infectious pop sound of the mid 00s , Helena Wadia of Evening Standard wrote that while Amy was skilled at "writing catchy tunes", she criticized the album for its use of "manufactured pop" and stated that was way more pop than Amy's previous bodies of work. Nicholas Hautman of Us Weekly noted that the album's upbeat tracklist had two distinctive sides one was "more pop-driven and carefree", while other tracks presented a more dark, melodic sound.

Tracklist
1. Perfect Destination
2. Nobody Compares To You
3. Hold On (Just Wait)
4. Strange Love
5. Go Home
6. Tick Tok (Ft. Cameron Jacobson)
7. I Feel Alive
8. Selfish
9. Drove Me Crazy
10. I Don't Mind
11. Bond
12. Major Night

Edited by user 13 November 2020 19:05:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 06/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 06/11/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/11/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 06/11/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#2 Posted : 07 November 2020 05:52:20(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1064 time(s) in 342 post(s)
RadioVine: Darling- bring it on! I'm so excited for you!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 13 November 2020 19:03:59(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RadioVine Go to Quoted Post
RadioVine: Darling- bring it on! I'm so excited for you!

Amy-Jayne: Thanks girl!
UserPostedImage
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 13 November 2020 19:26:30(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Perfect Destination
Length: 3:25
Genre(s): Synth-Pop, Pop
Written By: Amy-Jayne
Produced By: Cirkut

"Perfect Destination" Is the opening track for Amy-Jayne's third studio album. The track is a dark and somewhat haunting track written by Amy and produced by Cirkut the mastermind producer behind the entire sound of her new album. The track is about being the perfect place for a man to be. The track has a run time of three minutes and twenty-five seconds and is one of the only tracks to showcase Amy's true vocal range and her first song in history to feature whistle notes from the star.

PERFECT DESTINATION

You give me temptation.
I wanna be your attention.
Just tryin' be your obsession.
Let's forget our nation.
Cause I'm your only perfect destination.

Everytime you knock on the door.
The paradise get shaken of mine.
Even the walls feel the despair, now
And now my cloaks are torn ,baby.
So I appeared naked to you
Lord knows the man you are
Stripped me up from inside an' out.

Is it really all what you want?
Cause' there is no theory
what you an' I really want.
(you an' I really want.)

You gives me temptation.
Let's forget our nation.

The velvet sheets rollin' down the windows.
Wine stained a bit of my pillows.
Tattooed your name in my right hand.
Cause I don't want be your dirty little
One night stand.

Wake up the next day.
You, holding my waist.
Rooms scented like you.
Dress still, painted with last night scene.
Thrown beyond my reach.
But at least we got some feet.

Is it really all what you want?
Cause' there is no theory
what you an' I really want.
(you an' I really want.)

You gives me temptation.
Let's forget our nation.

We may toil around like best buddies.
But only you knows what we are.
World thinks they know us.
But I bet they don't.
And I promise they won't.

Cause,
You give me temptation.
Let's forget our nation.

Isn't me the perfect Destination
You cried for.
Isn't me the perfect Destination,
You thrived for.
You strived for.
You died for.
You cried for.
You thrived for.
You strived for.
You died for
Cause, I am your only perfect destination.

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 13/11/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 14/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC)