logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#1 Posted : 06 December 2020 21:31:54(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Artist: Vanity
Album: Raver Princess Warrior
Release: December 18, 2020
Genre(s): Electro-pop, dance, house
Label: Kaleidoscope Records

Edited by user 14 December 2020 00:50:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 11 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 07/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 07/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 07/12/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 07/12/2020(UTC), FiveT on 07/12/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 08/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 10/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 28/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 12 December 2020 00:45:47(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Pain, depression, anxiety, triumph & freedom - just some of the many topics that appear over the course of Vanity's sudden return for her thirteenth studio album, Raver Princess Warrior. Her first album release in over 5 years, since the chart-topping Dominant saw an empowered Vanity storm the charts with a record full of her classic radio-ready hits and experimental electronic pop. This time round, Vanity moves heavier into EDM, embracing genres such as the nostalgic sounds of house music, pairing these hard-hitting, uplifting sounding beats with dark lyrics painting a picture of her past anguish and torment. The contrasting pair makes for an interesting record full of crying-on-the-dancefloor bangers.

From the album's opening track, her hard-hitting comeback single “Shock to the System”, the opening synths start the album off full steam ahead, before transitioning into the uptempo “Underground”, a track that longs for the reopening of clubs for its beauty to really shine, the underlying themes of suicide making it a bittersweet track for such a dance anthem. The record's title track follows and gives listeners a breather with a lighter lyrical theme, showing Vanity in a much more grateful, triumphant fashion as she shows her appreciation for her loyal fanbase, with lines such as “I'm the dancefloor's daughter / I'm your raver princess warrior,” and “I dance cause it makes you proud”, it's a touching, upbeat ode to her following for helping her to get through her struggles.

Continuing the lighter theme, Vanity shows a more playful side to her with “Getting You Off”, using the term “getting off” in both ways in the track's cheeky chorus, it's one of the more fun tracks on the record and serves as a welcome reminder that Vanity isn't all serious, serving some less emotional lyrics which some will be grateful for, enjoying these tracks as simple, enjoyable escapism. On “Encrypted Heart”, Vanity's first number one single this decade and her first since her comeback, we see it almost as a response to the album's vulnerable first single “Shock to the System”, instead this time we see her in a more empowered, confident light, guarding herself from her abuser and breaking free.

Moving back into darkness with “Shadow Magnet”, Vanity's raw lyrics detail her fight with depression, longing to enjoy herself when she's in a social setting and pushing away those who try to get close, for fear she'll drag them down with her into her downward spiral. In following track “Your Mark”, Vanity dives deeper into detail on her abuse in perhaps the most honest way yet on the record, though instead showing courage and strength rather than surrendering to her situation as she sings directly to her abuser that she won't stop trying to escape him until his mark's off her, pairing the words to a rumbling synth beat. “Heart Attack” almost acts as a part two with similar lyrical themes of running free, an even more uptempo beat pairs to the song's lyrics to match the fast-paced scene that the lyrics paint into the listener's head, frantic, desperate and urgent to break free.

A quirky, more sexual addition to the record follows with the unusual “Kimono”, sonically paired well with the record, though a little slower than the previous few tracks. “I'm a woman of the world / And you've got travel plans / But you don't need a trip to Japan to get familiar with my land,” Vanity sings in a slightly lower register, sounding husky and seductive as she displays once again a more light-hearted, playful side to her brand of pop music. It might not follow the album's typical themes, but it works great as a refresher near the end of the record. Ending on an uplifting, positive note, “Change the World” once again explores new lyrical territories, as we hear Vanity at perhaps her most political yet, addressing the state of the world and climate change, “Gather restless souls / We're gonna change the world,” Vanity sings with a chanting choir behind her in the track's final chorus, showing that despite current affairs, Vanity remains an optimist. It's a statement track that really rounds the album off well, ending on a positive note.

Rounding the album off in such a way only emphasises the rollercoaster ride that is Raver Princess Warrior, an album documenting Vanity's lowest lows, but her ultimate rise out of the darkness into a future full of positivity, light and hope. Many of the tracks show that Vanity hasn't let her past define her or break her spirit in any way, and while she may have been temporarily knocked down, abandoning her following for several years to heal, the pop superstar is back and even more resilient than before.

Giving just a brief explanation of Raver Princess Warrior, Vanity states, “This record is truly a defining album for me, to release it at the tail-end of this awful year, I can only hope it helps lighten the tone of these past 12 months for my fans just a little bit, and we can come out of it into the new year feeling energised and optimistic about where we're going. It's such a special, personal album to me, I wrote every track in a much more straight-forward, raw way than perhaps ever before and I hope that gives you a little insight into what I've been dealing with since I've been gone. If you can relate to these themes in any way, I hope the album serves as a comfort to you, that time heals, you will regain your power and we can have fun in the meantime while doing that, that's all I wanted this album to say.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 10 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 12/12/2020(UTC), FiveT on 12/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 12/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 08/01/2021(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 12 December 2020 23:14:38(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage

Vanity returns in a surprise comeback to unveil the lead single to her upcoming thirteenth studio album, the title of which is yet to be revealed.

After the release of her last studio album Dominant over 5 years ago now, the pop veteran suddenly disappeared from the spotlight and opted for a life of radio silence, no social media updates and no high-profile public appearances. Fans had even speculated whether the singer had died due to the non-existent communication with her fans through social media channels, and practically no public sightings of the singer had been made. Conspiracy theories swirled online about the singer's disappearance, some claiming she had undergone surgery to change her looks and emigrated to the Carribean, others going as far as to claim she had been kidnapped by the illuminati. It seems the conspiracies surprisingly ended up being false.

In an official statement, Vanity speaks about her return to the music industry and what prompted her to disappear for all those years.

"I'd just like to start by saying to my fans, I love you. I have never forgotten about you and I've thought about you every day since. The sweet messages, the gifts from tour, the memories, those have kept me strong in my darkest hours. This new music that I've been working on will take you on a journey through some of the roughest times of my life. But it's not just about me, we're all going through it in 2020, times are tough and life may feel harder than ever right now. We've lost icons like my sister Stephanie Fierce, we're uncertain when this pandemic will come to an end and the climate is giving our younger generation more anxiety by the day, but it was so important for me to make sure that we can dance through this misery together."

And true to her word, new single "Shock to the System" is an upbeat dance-pop track that details more than just the struggles of love, but becoming vulnerable and intimate with a lover after being a victim of sexual abuse. The lyrical content sees Vanity fighting through her anxieties and personal demons to bare her soul to the deserving person, and while the track's lyrics definitely have a tragic darkness to them, they also show us a softer, more vulnerable side to the pop icon as we see her in perhaps her most exposed state yet.

While it's unclear what Vanity has been keeping busy with since her last studio album, what's certain is the singer's vocal ability hasn't waned at all. Her vocals soar over the synth-heavy pulsating beat and she arguably sounds better than ever. The raw approach to the vocal production contrasts with the use of vocoder in the bridge and the song's computerised beat. Throughout, we can really hear the fragility and power in her voice; the sound of her trademark strong, bold vocal tone sending us right back to the years when she dominated the airwaves.

Sounds like:

If I told you I'd been stolen
Would you view me as broken?
Don't wanna talk too much
Yet I wanna reveal it all
(It's a shock to the system)
Irresistible, yet so much fear
Shackled by the weights of the past
So close and yet so near
If only you could see through this looking glass

Shock me hard 'til I forget the pain
(Electricity overflow)
Just want your love running through my veins
(Don't let the power run low)

Heartbeat-beat-beat won't beat quietly
Anxiety's rattling the cage, but I
Try not to let the demons tie me down, cause I
Just wanna be open for you, tonight
I try not to play the victim
You're like a shock to the system
Didn't think I'd open the gates to my prison
But you're like a shock to the system

So kiss me like it's gonna last, no, no, don't go too fast
Suffocate these undying flashbacks
It's nothing but a glitch in the system
So don't flip the switch, I'm ready
Want your shades of reds over my darkest blues
I just wanna be healed for you
Can't see my pain, but my scars are true
You just gotta see things from my point of view

Shock me hard 'til I forget his name
Then I'll comeback on the radio
Can't lay here tainted in his shame
I think there's something you should know
Time and patience, love and guidance
Means more than the fame and diamonds
Shock me hard 'til I feel the same
I'll be the idol that you wanted

Shock me to the heart, shock me to the core
Shock me to the soul, harder than before
Until it's just you and me
Electric intimacy
Until it's just you and me
Electric intimacy

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
FiveT on 12/12/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 13/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 08/01/2021(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#4 Posted : 12 December 2020 23:14:44(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

For such a sparkling, euphoric club track, "Underground" has an underlying current of depression, suicidal thoughts & sadness running throughout the song, just one of the many tracks on Raver Princess Warrior that will show a stark contrast between its sound & lyrics. "Unsure of what I'm living for / So give me just one reason and I'll let the demons drag me down," Vanity sings in the song's opening verse, her past mental anguish clear to the listener from the get-go. In the song's thumping chorus, Vanity lyrically toys with the state of being underground, the lyrics shifting between the suggestion of an underground rave as she leaves her inhibitions behind, and the more morbid tease of longing to take her life and be dead underground so that she can escape her torment.

Despite the track's lyrical themes, her vocal delivery isn't one that's filled with emotion, nor does it display her most powerful vocals, instead her voice sounds unfamiliarly light, airy and joyful to match with the song's uplifting sounds of looping piano & house inspired instrumental drops. An unusual delivery for Vanity as she usually enjoys to let her vocals soar, growl and belt throughout her many pop hits, but this time she reigns it in and allows the music and its lyrics to do the talking - the result is an eerie dancefloor hit that shouldn't sound as uplifting as it does, yet the combination oddly works.

Speaking about the creation of "Underground", Vanity states, "This was maybe the second last track I finished for this album and I had a lot of mixed emotions about it, I wasn't sure if it was too much, afraid it would be too lyrically morbid for listeners. I really had a battle with myself with the creation of many tracks of this record actually, because this year has already been so trying for so many people. I thought to myself, is this the right time to be putting out music that's talking about these things? But I felt a calling to really put my truth into music, and writing about anything else but this would have felt inauthentic. I finally felt ready to put many traumatic past experiences of mine into music, and I think a year like this has been a great time to reflect and figure out what direction to take in this next stage of our lives. 'Underground' shows me at my lowest, a very trying time in my life where I just wanted to end it all, turn my back on my career and basically surrender to this deep, dark sadness that I had been feeling for so long. I didn't want something of a suicide anthem because life truly is so beautiful when you get out of that hole you've been in for so long, and I hope people don't see it as that, but more as a true reflection of somebody who's recovered and is simply reflecting on their past and telling their own story."

Sounds like:

Voices in my head, I hear them say
Come with me, where the creatures lurk
The devil roams and the angels run
Start the descent, cover me in cement
Clip my wings and send me crashing
Now the light is fading
And I keep falling cause I don’t wanna be everlasting
Unsure of what I’m living for
So give me just one reason
And I’ll let the demons drag me down

I won’t cause a fuss, won’t scream and shout
Just give me something to soothe this feeling
I’m eager for peace and ready for paradise
But if that’s not what you’re selling
I’ll take the next best thing

I wanna just -
Go underground
Deep enough where I won’t ever hear a sound
Wanna just -
Go underground
Drink and dance like I don’t give a damn
I wanna just -
Disappear until you don’t remember who I am
Wanna just -
Go underground
Play this in my memory real loud

When the story’s over, the chapter’s closed
It’s just the beginning when I’m long gone
Can’t sell my soul, they all said I sold it long ago
And I don’t want a refund
Money doesn’t buy what I’m missing
Spent my days looking up above
This time I’m looking down - down - down

I won’t cause a fuss, won’t scream and shout
Just give me something to soothe this feeling
I’m eager for peace and ready for paradise
But if that’s not what you’re selling
I’ll take the next best thing

I wanna just -
Go underground
Wanna just -
Go underground
I wanna just -
Wanna just -
Go underground

Tried long enough searching for whatever
With the sun on my skin, grass beneath my feet
And an empty heart to show for it
So take me down underground
Maybe this is what I’ve been missing
(Down - down - down)
One final breath and it’s time to start living
The rush in my blood, hit me with the adrenaline
Immerse in the feeling, leave behind my skeleton
Let my spirit dance (down - down - down)

Instrumental breakdown

I wanna just -
Go underground
Wanna just -
Go underground
I wanna just -
Wanna just -
Go underground

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
FiveT on 12/12/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 13/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 08/01/2021(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#5 Posted : 12 December 2020 23:53:25(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Diving deeper into house music, "Raver Princess Warrior" is a defining song on the record as the album's title track, as the pop superstar dedicates this upbeat track to her loyal fans, ultimately crediting them for helping to pull her out of her depression as she finds solace in being back on stage and creating music for her following. "You always made this solo show feel like the greatest army / A reminder to myself when it’s dark and lonely," she delivers in the opening verse, referring to the struggle and loneliness that comes with rising in a difficult industry as a solo female artist. "I left the stage in glitter and glory, ain’t the end of my story," she sings triumphantly before the track's chorus sees Vanity finding her true self again with lines such as, "I found my purpose, picked it up on the dancefloor / The show goes on, the encore’s what I’m fighting for."

While Vanity's vocals are similarly light and airy in the track's verses like previous track "Underground", controlled and more delicate to her usual style, the chorus is where everything breaks loose and Vanity truly shows her power. Just as the chorus, her vocals grow in intensity and begin to soar over the bassline, full of power and euphoria as she delivers the uplifting lyrics, the production on the chorus a particular highlight on the track when the bassline drops, sonically it would have any EDM lover dying to play it loud on a quality sound system where it can truly be felt through rumbling speakers.

Speaking about the creation of the album's title track, Vanity states, "I knew this had to be the title of the album the moment I started writing this one, and it was actually one of the very first songs I wrote for this album, so it's had a very specific direction for quite some time now. I knew that I couldn't let the darkness define this era, and while it plays a very big part in this album, light, hope and healing had to be at the heart of it and I think this track really shows me in a much more positive way, in a recovered state, full of gratefulness and love for my fans. After so many albums, I think it's long overdue to have a song purely dedicated to those who have followed and supported me throughout my career, and I think for its message alone it's one of my favourite songs ever, but paired with the dirty bassline too... it's just perfection, darlings."

Sounds like:

Fought to get back on the stage
A battleground where I belong
You always made this solo show feel like the greatest army
A reminder to myself when it’s dark and lonely
Couldn’t take the blindfold off, all along I had a cure
Finally ripped it off, burst into neon glow
And now I’m shining

Singing through the tears, I’m sorry
I left the stage in glitter and glory, ain’t the end of my story
Music used to be my enemy, you helped me find the love
The way you scream my name, chant it up to the skies above
Keeps reminding me I’m the dancefloor’s daughter
Yeah, I’m your raver princess warrior

Play it loud, I dance cause it makes you proud
Raver - princess - warrior
Singing like you expect me to, I’ll do it for you
I found my purpose, picked it up on the dancefloor
The show goes on, the encore’s what I’m fighting for

Found my meaning after all this time
Right before my eyes
The demons snatched the microphone
And the media took the heart and soul
Cheap talk and rumours, pages of scandals
Took the flame outta this candle
This time it’s burning bright and you can’t blow it out

But when the lights are gone, the crowd’s gone home
Who goes home with me?
The loneliness used to eat at my heart
Though I know you’re there for me
I couldn’t see the love
Just constantly reaching out for a healing touch
Couldn’t feel your power
But I’m taking the dancefloor back, and this night is ours

Edited by user 13 December 2020 01:21:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
FiveT on 13/12/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 13/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 08/01/2021(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#6 Posted : 13 December 2020 01:17:51(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Mixing her trademark pop sensibilities with influences of deep house, "Getting You Off" is a pop-house anthem that instantly sounds like it was born to be the soundtrack to many runway shows. Although Vanity may be known for her eccentric fashion choices and even has songs dedicated to fashion, "Getting You Off" is all about female empowerment, self pleasure and to put it bluntly, masturbation. The playful lyrics to the track serve as a much-needed dose of lyrical fun, coming after many serious songs, "Getting You Off" sees Vanity going full popstar mode with a catchy chorus and tongue-in-cheek lyrics, using the term "getting off" in two ways. She sings about physically pushing away (getting off) a lover who isn't satisfying her needs, while "getting off" herself to fulfil her sexual desires, with lyrics such as "Cause I’m getting you off, I’m getting me off / Doing it all my own way / Finger on the trigger, and I’ll do what I say."

Vanity serves the verses in spoken word for a change this time round, her voice low, bold and confident in its delivery. Coming after the previous three tracks, the vocals certainly take the listener by surprise during its first listen. Though coming into the song's pre-chorus, Vanity finally sings, "Complex simplicity, you can watch my ascension / If you wanna learn a thing or two, better pay close attention," before into the climax of the chorus, and while the listener might expect a thumping, explosive chorus after hearing the previous tracks from the record, the beat remains a lot more restrained, serving a minimalist pop-house beat that puts Vanity's vocals at the forefront.

Explaining the creation of "Getting You Off", Vanity states, "I think I was just really tired and bored of men when I wrote this song, I was tired of being asked about my love life, about men in general, and I thought... well, why do I need a man for pleasure? I know what I want, I know how I like it, I don't need to sit explaining it for an hour, I just do it, and that's simply what the song is about. Knowing your own body, enjoying the pleasure you can give to yourself, and being totally unashamed of it. It's really an act of love, and I don't think there's any reason to hide that. I've created an EP and an album in the past that were purely about sexual liberation and pleasure, and I wanted to revisit that a little bit on this record because I didn't want it to drag people down too much, there had to be some fun songs sprinkled in there to remind everyone that I'm still the same woman who made those same songs back then, just a little more experienced and wiser."

Sounds like:

Open road, got your hands on the wheel
And you’re driving into me
An open invitation to demonstrate a man’s skill
Come and take my mind off things
I’m longing for the highs and the thrills
But all that cheap, dirty talk
Ain’t matching up to what you texted
Pushing you off, get me an exit
Dress yourself, let me take it from here
I’ll get to where I wanna feel

I know how I want it, don’t need to try and find it
The sensation’s just right, don’t need to fight it
Complex simplicity, you can watch my ascension
If you wanna learn a thing or two, better pay close attention

Cause I’m getting you off, I’m getting me off
Doing it all my own way
Finger on the trigger, and I’ll do what I say
Cause I’m a queen alone in this king sized bed
Know exactly how to take off the edge
And I’m getting you off, I’m getting me off
Doing it all my own way

Warm waves, you’re still in the shallow
Swim a little deeper into me
Don’t be afraid to drown in the pleasure
I give as good as I get in equal measure
I’m longing for a deeper stroke
You’re a gentle diver, like you’re treading water
You’re barely below the surface, not meeting my craving
Pushing you off, get me an exit
Dress yourself, let me take it from here
I’ll get to where I wanna feel

Doing it all my own way
Doing it all my own way

No hidden meanings or magic spells
Just an act of love, a passion for myself
Gaze at this solo devotion
Don’t even need to give the warning
Enough of the push and pull, the back and forth

Doing it all my own way
Doing it all my own way

Edited by user 13 December 2020 01:19:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
stephaniewazhere on 13/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/12/2020(UTC), FiveT on 13/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 08/01/2021(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#7 Posted : 13 December 2020 01:19:36(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage

Pop veteran Vanity continues her comeback with “Encrypted Heart”, the second official single to be lifted from her upcoming thirteenth studio album, Raver Princess Warrior, available December 13. The album's first official single “Shock to the System” charted at #2 on Chart Heat and saw Vanity give her first television appearance in over half a decade, when she performed the song on SNL with a polished, high-energy act mixing choreography & live vocals. The track showcased Vanity's soaring vocals over a stabbing electronic beat and saw the singer in perhaps her most vulnerable state yet, mixing the euphoria of its dancefloor-ready beat with the dark lyrical themes of sexual abuse, a theme that will continue to appear on the singer's upcoming record, which will no doubt continue to display a stark contrast of upbeat electronic pop with lyrics of sadness and tragedy.

“Encrypted Heart” acts almost as a sequel to the album's first single, and while the singer doesn't explain or verify herself exactly who these songs are about, or where or when these situations occurred to influence the creation of these songs, it's easy for the listener to paint a picture of the villain that she continues to address in her new music. Though while we saw a weaker Vanity in “Shock to the System” who laid out her fragility for listeners to hear, “Encrypted Heart” sees the star with greater oomph and dominance in the song's lyrics, claiming back her power, doing whatever it takes to get herself out of the situation she sees herself in, and enjoying the getaway as she breaks out and guards herself in her new-found freedom and protection, blocking the access to her heart as she sings, “Won't ever crack the code of this encrypted heart” in the track's chorus.

If there's one thing we can always count on Vanity to provide, its pop music with an explosive climax that hits you over the head right at the chorus, the kinds that get stuck in your head for weeks on end and instantly leave an impression after just one listen, and "Encrypted Heart" offers the singer's fans nothing short of exactly that. The song itself, a lively and confident throwback to '90s house, has a much more uplifting, lighter sound than the dark and glacial sounding "Shock to the System", offering 3 minutes of dancefloor-ready euphoria. If one thing's for sure, while Vanity can write some hard-hitting, tragically emotional lyrics to her brand of pop music, she always finds a way to still keep us dancing through it.

Sounds like:

Suddenly I'm not who I used to be
Broke myself apart, tore myself in two
Shredded all the strands of my DNA
Just to get away from you
I'm the maker of this masquerade
You can't stop it now, can't pull down this disguise
Can't rip off these steel chains around me
Won't ever know the passcode to get inside me

That privilege you had, it's all gone now
The woman that I am, ha, ain't what she was
Those memories you have of me, ain't who I am
She's got a different home, living in a different soul

(I'm everchanging)
I won't ever stay the same, no
Don't try to chase me
I won't even leave a trace
(I'm everglowing, always everchanging)
The most unfamiliar sound
An identity you can't pin down
A nameless piece of art
(I'm everchanging)
Won't ever crack the code of this encrypted heart

Try one, two, three times
I push away but you're addicted to the mystery
Wait ten and try one, two, three times
I'll lock you out to where you wanna be

It's ecstasy, this bridge between you and I
Flames engulf the growing space
There's no way for us to merge back as one
Don't need the other half to feel complete
Took my heart back, locked it in a guarded prison
Don't need a love that was never there
Don't need the sex without the care
Doing what I've gotta do to protect myself

That privilege you had, maybe it was all an illusion
Caught up in your fantasies, some sick delusions
I'm gonna strike the match - gladly watch you burn
Pull the curtains down, it's all on display now

(I'm everchanging)
Don't try to chase me
A nameless piece of art
(I'm everchanging)

You can tell me if you wanna, though I'm not gonna ask
How I'm the source of your fascination
It's keeping you up at night
You're in too deep to get back to the shallow
I see you sweating in the shadows
Thinking of my figure in the dark
Want your hands on this nameless piece of art

(I'm everchanging)
Don't try to chase me
A nameless piece of art
(I'm everchanging)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
stephaniewazhere on 13/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 13/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/12/2020(UTC), FiveT on 13/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 08/01/2021(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#8 Posted : 13 December 2020 21:21:52(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"Shadow Magnet" follows at track six and is one of the few tracks that pairs its darker lyrical content with a sonically atmospheric, dark sounding electronic production, stripping away the more euphoric house production heard on earlier tracks in the album for something that sounds more cold and eerie. The contrast to earlier tracks easily makes the song stand out as a highlight on the album and shows a slightly more experimental side to Vanity's sound, a side to the singer's brand of electro-pop music that fans have come to enjoy over the years through her more eccentric album tracks. Lyrically, the song once again explores Vanity's experience with depression as she calls herself a shadow magnet, someone who only attracts darkness and pulls others under with her. The song shows a vulnerable side to the singer, unable to shake the state that she's in, even in social settings, as she sings in the pre-chorus, "I try to dance it off and have a good time / But the smile I wear doesn't belong to me."

Perhaps her most emotional vocal delivery on the album, "Shadow Magnet" is Vanity wearing her heart on her sleeve, delivering fragile vocals over the track's icy synth-heavy pulsing beat. If it were stripped away, slowed down and transitioned into a raw, acoustic rendition, it'd become a chilling ballad, though in its current state, it's an electronic powerhouse that keeps the party of Raver Princess Warrior going, no matter the subject of the songs, never once yet giving the listener a chance to sit back and relax. Despite this, it remains a powerful and meaningful track that many listeners will be able to relate to.

Explaining the writing process of "Shadow Magnet", Vanity explains, "This may have been one of the hardest songs on the album to write, purely for the fact that I had to really revisit a time in my life that I'd much rather forget. All those memories, the feelings of loneliness, unworthiness, self-loathing, they all flooded back and I just felt devastated that I had even been in that place to begin with. Sometimes for the sake of art, we have to do things we don't always want to do, feel the pain and torment that almost ruined us, for the sake of creating something that stands the test of time as an everlasting memory to commemorate a defining time in your life, no matter how dark it may have been. I think having a song like this as a reminder to myself that things can always be worse, can only be a good thing."

Sounds like:

Don’t get your hopes up
Darkness follows wherever I go
I’m not the bringer of good news
Those around me, I only bring them down
You can’t see this vortex I’m falling in
The claws that force me under
But don’t try to pull me out
I’ll only drag you in

Cause it’s dark, so dark, this mind of mine
I try to dance it off and have a good time
But the smile I wear, doesn’t belong to me
Just a remnant of the girl I used to be
But -

I - I - I don’t wanna be the shadow magnet
Bringing everything down
Sh - sh - shine a light on this darkness
Brighter than a supernova
Bringing everything down

Before you know it, all hope is lost
Just fragments of what you used to know
A push-pull between heaven and hell
Tormented like a captured ghost
Frozen in time and there’s no escape
You won’t be able to change your fate
Once you’re all wrapped up in a girl like me
You’ll find you’re getting anything but ecstasy

And it’s scary, so scary, these thoughts of mine
But -

Bringing everything down
Bringing everything down

So don’t make me tell you what I’m thinking
Just refill my glass and we’ll keep on drinking
Let the alcohol suffocate the words
Drown the confessions and I’ll hide my depression
Cause I used to be the party girl, the life and soul
Now I just wanna go home

Can’t shake the way these shadows swarm around me
But -

Bringing everything down
Bringing everything down

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 8 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2020(UTC), FiveT on 14/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 14/12/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 14/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#9 Posted : 13 December 2020 21:45:28(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"Your Mark" comes at track seven and is the longest track on Raver Princess Warrior, and we see Vanity diving deeper into detail on her abuse in perhaps the most honest way yet on the record, the lyrics painting a vivid picture of Vanity’s torment. Though once again, Vanity doesn’t come across as a victim, instead showing courage and strength rather than surrendering to her situation as she sings directly to her abuser that she won't stop trying to escape him until his mark's off her, pairing the words to a rumbling synth beat. The lyrics are full of strength and empowerment and serve as another uplifting anthem that boldly shows Vanity as a survivor with lyrics such as, "I promise you, you’ll no longer remind me / Of our history when I look down at my body / And I won’t stop ‘til I’m running free."

The track is one of the most vocally diverse on the record, showing Vanity’s full range and variety of tones she’s able to achieve, sounding softer, gentler, exploring that vulnerable, fragile tone of voice we’ve heard scattered throughout the album on some of the previous tracks, building with power gradually through the pre-chorus and then belting triumphantly in the chorus with strength and control. It’s enough proof that despite Vanity’s genre of music that isn’t well known for powerhouse vocalists, she certainly has the range and talent to fall back on if the production were to be taken away.

Talking about the creation of "Your Mark", Vanity states, "This song took a while to finish, one of the last ones actually, but I believe it was the second song I began writing for the record, after ‘Shock to the System’. It really tells a story in the lyrics about a physically abusive relationship and I think it’s a very touchy subject for many people, perhaps one that some of my fans can relate to. I hope it isn’t too triggering or difficult to listen too, because I want it to be more of an anthem where we rise up past what was holding us back, stronger than ever. For me, it feels like one of the most powerful, empowering tracks on the record and I love that creating music like this one helped me to find my own confidence once again."

Sounds like:

I promise you, you’ll no longer remind me
Of our history when I look down at my body
I’m dusting off the dirt
Dancing in the dusk
And I won’t stop ‘til I’m running free
(Taking off, taking off)
No, I won’t stop ‘til your mark’s off me
(Take it off, take it off)

You’d think my tears were so pretty that they sparkled
The way you smile at me, rock me in your arms for a while
Before we do it all again, replay until 4am
Until you knock the air right out of me
Do you even recognise the girl that captivated you?
The same girl that’s painted black and blue
Illuminate my fragility under neon lights
Cause it doesn’t define me
Your mark on me, yeah, it no longer reminds me

Of the empty sex and regrets
Empty bottles and torment
Pain without the pleasure
And no one second guesses ya
The way you wear that smile like a Hollywood star
Driving round in your fancy car, they all wanna know ya
They’ll never know just what you do
They’ll never know you like I used to

Used to be your princess, now I’m a warrior for me
It’s old news, set my sights on new horizons
Used to rule the kingdom by your side, then I snatched your crown
You’re old news, open the trap door and enjoy your way down

I’m dusting off the dirt
Dancing in the dusk
(Taking off, taking off)

Trying to move forward, the bruises keep me locked in that moment
It’s like time’s at its slowest
And when I’m at my lowest, you’re at your highest
Gazing down at me from your watchtower
If only these marks gave a clue of what I wanna do
A promise to myself, the first opportunity
I’m gonna burn it, burn it down
May still have your mark, but it no longer reminds me

Of those haunting eyes, the blackest lies
Empty hearts and fragile bones
Love without the meaning
Words without the feeling
Kisses burning into my skin, I know they don’t mean a thing
Cause when you’re done with my body, you’ll fuck with my mind
But you’ll never know the things I think
No, you’ll never know the things I think

Used to be your princess, now I’m a warrior for me
It’s old news, set my sights on new horizons
Used to rule the kingdom by your side, then I snatched your crown
You’re old news, open the trap door and enjoy your way down

I’m dusting off the dirt
Dancing in the dusk
(Taking off, taking off)

Can’t stop running, no, can’t slow down
(Taking off, taking off)
Gotta keep moving, yeah, can’t turn around
(Taking off, taking off)
Can’t stop running, no, can’t slow down
(Taking off, taking off)
Gotta keep moving, yeah, can’t turn around
(Taking off, taking off)

I’m dusting off the dirt
Dancing in the dusk
(Taking off, taking off)

Edited by user 13 December 2020 21:59:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 8 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
erich hess on 13/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2020(UTC), FiveT on 14/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 14/12/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 14/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#10 Posted : 14 December 2020 00:49:35(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Drawing closer to the album's end, "Heart Attack" acts a sequel to the previous song, "Your Mark". While track seven details Vanity's abuse as she manifests the very beginning of her escape from her abuser, track eight, "Heart Attack", is Vanity finally finding freedom, right from the very beginning, as she feels like she has to continue running to stay safe. Unlike some of the more empowering tracks on the record, "Heart Attack" is much more honest about the healing process that hits right after experiencing abuse, when you're left alone with your thoughts and forced to reflect on the trauma. "I scrubbed my skin in the shower / I'll try again in an hour," Vanity declares in the track as she honestly sings about her struggles over a minimalist dance beat with looping guitar in the verses, uplifting pianos build through the pre-chrous into a swooping chorus. We may be in December, but the upbeat EDM track already sounds like a radio-ready summer hit, the production a little more mainstream than some of the other electronic/house inspired tracks on the album, though still in keeping with the dancefloor anthems provided in generous amounts throughout Raver Princess Warrior.

Vanity's vocals are a little more processed throughout the track, as she uses vocoder for the entire duration which adds a distant, cold sound to her delivery, stripping away some of the more raw emotion heard in previous songs. A carefully thought out choice in the production to go hand-in-hand with Vanity's emotional state in the track, void of thoughts and feelings and only focused on one thing, which is to protect herself. Greater distortion on her vocals come in the middle 8 as the chorus gets chopped up and stripped back, focused solely on the erratic vocal effects to her voice, before the chorus arrives back, with a richer, fuller production than before, ending the track with a bang.

Talking about the creation of "Heart Attack", Vanity explains, "This was the final track I wrote for the record and I think this song is yet another example of how I was feeling throughout the creation of this whole album, a little bit frantic, desperate, and really cherishing freedom and what it feels like to be without it, so there's a lot of talk about darkness, running, escaping all throughout the record, and especially on ‘Heart Attack'. I love that the production is so upbeat, euphoric, a track that just helps you to have a good time in the clubs, yet it isn't without meaning, that underlying sadness, but I really do want people to have a good time listening to this music. It's so poetic to me that some of the lowest moments in my life can become the soundtrack to others enjoying themselves and having a good time, creating memories of joy. It almost makes experiencing those times worth it, to bring some light to people at such a low time."

Sounds like:

A crowd of strangers, lost in a sea of faces
And I’m the lone wolf
Can’t seem to get you off, can’t shake your traces
Can’t find the cure
I scrubbed my skin in the shower
I’ll try again in an hour
Trick myself that you were just an illusion
That you never left a trace
Fool myself once, can’t fool myself twice

This temporary state, it’s not forever
Tortured me long enough, but I won’t surrender
Took your eyes off me for just a second
Used that as my secret weapon
A sweet escape from your twisted playground
Now I’m homebound

Can’t run from the pain
But I can run from where it happened
One foot in front of the other
I’m moving on strong, and I can’t slow down
Don’t need a direction, just need to keep on moving
Don’t try to keep up
You’ll have a heart a-heart attack
Don’t try to stop me now

Dirty and tainted, forever unwanted
Yet I keep saying it’s my fault
Feels like I’ll never be the same
And I know you’ll never take the blame
Tried to do what you do and live in denial
How’s that working out?
I wonder who you’ll next fuck up
If you’ll ever fall in love
If the guilt will eat you up
Don’t you wish it’d eat you up?

This temporary state, it’s not forever
Tortured me long enough, but I won’t surrender
Took your eyes off me for just a second
Used that as my secret weapon
A sweet escape from your twisted playground
Now I’m homebound, motherfucker

Can’t run from the pain
Don’t try to keep up
Don’t try to stop me now

Distorted vocals
I’m moving -
Don’t need a -
Don’t try to -
You’ll have a -
Can’t run from -
Don’t try to -
Don’t need a -
You’ll have a -
Heart a-heart attack

Can’t run from the pain
Don’t try to keep up
Don’t try to stop me now

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 7 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 14/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 14/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#11 Posted : 14 December 2020 00:49:44(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Track nine, "Kimono", is Vanity exploring more playfully, sexually suggestive themes for the second time on the ten song tracklist. The lack of sexuality on the album is a rare listen for those who have come accustomed to Vanity's music, as she never usually shys away from filling her records with plenty of sexually charged music, evident especially on some of her latest releases before her hiatus. While the album is full of tragedy, trauma and triumph, lyrically serious lyrics that give listeners an insight into Vanity's personal life, "Kimono" is a sudden injection of thoughtless escapism, set to the tune of a chill deep house beat, slightly more relaxed than other tracks on the record, though still danceable. The song also seems to be strategically placed on the tracklist so that one song after the other isn't constantly focused on the singer's struggles, which could easily become an emotionally exhausting listen for fans. The song itself is a direct message to a lover, playfully suggesting that although he doesn't need to travel the world to get to her pleasure, he would because she's confident in her abilities.

Revisiting the more relaxed, spoken word delivery heard earlier on "Getting You Off", "Kimono" uses a similar style, the verses making full use of her lower register, deep and enticing in sound, balancing between not quite singing, but not just standard talking either as she delivers the lyrics in a teasing, melodic fashion, her voice full of character and personality as she sounds like she almost has a smirk on her face throughout the track, a refreshing sound on the album. Layers of her vocals add greater depth and volume to the track's throbbing chorus, before the production falls apart right at the end and we hear only Vanity talking through the mic in the recording booth to her producer, "Fucking crazy," she laughs, a brief, but fun moment in the song to bring it to an end.

Talking about the creation of "Kimono", Vanity states, "This is an instant Vanity classic, if you ask me. Which is funny, because it almost didn't make the album because I thought, does this even suit the record? Is it too left-field and not really in keeping with everything else I'm talking about here? But I thought fuck it, we need something different thrown in there, this one's for the fans. I think of this song as just me letting loose for a little bit, letting my hair down and after so many songs tackling serious subjects, it's just a moment to have fun and it was so much fun to write and record this one. This was one of the first tracks that made me feel alive again when I was in the recording booth, it was playful, a little silly, but it made me realise how much I love what I do, that I get to make songs like this one that can just be a few minutes of simple distraction to someone else. Play it at the club, in a brothel, wherever you want, this one lyrically takes things back a little bit more to my roots."

Sounds like:

I’m a woman of the world
And you’ve got travel plans
But you don’t need a trip to Japan
To get familiar with my land
You’re gonna wanna see it all
Know you’re waiting for the call
These secrets tempt you like a deadly rose
And I keep ‘em hidden behind my kimono

Kim-o-o-o-o-oh-no
Kim-o-o-o-o-oh-no

I see you want a taste of this
I know you’d travel the world just to hit this
Shanghai to Mumbai, Brazil to Seville
You don’t need a passport
Just gotta be a first class lover
Go long enough to cover the air miles
Let’s make the journey worthwhile
Dubai to Uruguay, Baku to Peru
Let’s go a little longer

I’m a woman of the world

Kim-o-o-o-o-oh-no
Kim-o-o-o-o-oh-no

I know you’d scale the earth just to feel the touch
Of a well travelled woman who knows what she’s doin’
Greece to Nice, New York to County Cork
But you don’t need a passport
Just gotta be a first class lover
Go long enough to cover the air miles
Let’s make the journey worthwhile
Korea to Sofia, L.A. to St Tropez
Let’s go a little longer

I’m a woman of the world

Kim-o-o-o-o-oh-no
Kim-o-o-o-o-oh-no

So good it’ll get you attached
Promise you won’t blow once it’s unwrapped
I know you’ve been waiting, so make it last
You’re tempted by the rush, but don’t go too fast
You won’t even have to fly
For me to make you feel like you’re mile high

I’m a woman of the world

Kim-o-o-o-o-oh-no
Kim-o-o-o-o-oh-no

Fucking crazy laughs

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
stephaniewazhere on 14/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 14/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#12 Posted : 14 December 2020 00:49:49(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Rounding the album off at track ten is "Change the World", once again pulling Vanity into new lyrical territories as we hear the pop superstar deliver her most political track to date, as we hear her address the state of the world and climate change. We've seen Vanity use her social media platforms to share her opinion on world issues, but never have those messages transitioned into her music, until now. "Gather restless souls / We're gonna change the world," Vanity sings with a chanting choir behind her in the track's final chorus, showing that despite current affairs, Vanity remains an optimist. It's a statement track that really rounds the album off well on a positive note, pairing the lyrics to another soaring house beat, catchy with a slick groove and an extremely melodic production.

"Change the World" is one of the more colourful and diverse deliveries on the album, alongside track seven, "Your Mark". Once again highlighting her full range and different vocal styles, as she near growls in parts to express her frustration, belting the track's chorus highlighting her powerhouse vocals, and displaying her more lighter, gentle vocals on the pre-chorus as she sings delicately, "It's in the air, feel it in the breeze / Wind running through the trees". If there were ever a song to prove Vanity's ability as a more than competent vocalist, this would certainly be up there in her discography.

Talking about the creation of "Change the World", Vanity states, "I wrote this song in the summer of this year, as we were nearing the election and I had so many thoughts running through my mind. So many things I wanted to say, yet needing to compress them into a song and work them into a melody, it was one of the most difficult tracks that I've ever done, not just for this album, but my entire career. It's always difficult to approach a song with such a subject. I don't care about pissing anyone off, but I do care about peace. I think to get to any closer to peace, we have to respect the views of others, have honest discussions, be open-minded and accepting but also be open to change, so I really didn't wish to alienate anyone, but I really felt a calling to write a song like this one. One that addresses what we're going through, but one that isn't downbeat or surrendering to the situation, but one that can inspire us to aim higher, do better, and act as individuals to inspire positive change in our world. It couldn't be anything but the closer to this life-changing album."

Sounds like:

The fear of what's gonna happen tomorrow
Stops us in the tracks of today
The smoke's making us sick
The president's talking shit
All the unrest, a great political mess
How do these guys look at themselves in the mirror?
We're losing sight of the bigger picture
But tides are turning, something’s shifted (we’re getting sicker)
And the world ain’t gonna wait

It’s in the air, feel it in the breeze
Wind running through the trees
And all the life that’s in the sea
The greatest part of our history

You can take the girl out the city
But can’t pull her head out from the clouds
Can’t help if I think too big, I’ll dream too loud
Until I change the world
Until the pain's all gone, the oceans are blue
And there’s a brighter future for me and you
Gonna shout it out, gather restless souls
We're gonna change the world

Change is coming, tell me you can feel it
(Gather restless souls, we’re gonna change the world)
Got the greatest weapon, truth on our tongues
We're gonna get the air in our lungs
Change is coming, tell me you can hear it

Let the children picture a future where they belong
Where they live the everyday
Without fuss and they walk side by side
Cut the distance and fuck the fears of existence
Where we see each others faces
Interaction, true love and genuine passion
I wanna feel proud to call this place my home
Rather than look to the stars looking for a getaway

Can’t get Elon Musk or Branson to stop it
You wanna blast off in your rocket
Leave the damage behind when it can’t be undone
This ain’t the type of shit you just run from

Cause it’s in the air, feel it in the breeze

Until I change the world

We’ve been reckless, reckless souls
(What’s your action plan? What’re you gonna do?)
Flip it, shift it, change your point of view
(What’s your action plan? What’re you gonna do?)

Cause it’s in the air, feel it in the breeze

Until I change the world

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
stephaniewazhere on 14/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 14/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#13 Posted : 14 December 2020 01:14:31(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Daniel: Incredible collection of songs, each offering something different but all so coherent together as a project. That's what makes a good pop album! I think for me Kimono takes the cake as the best track on the album. Change The World comes in at a good second place. Such a kick ass track; my bass was not ready. I'm not surprised you were able to deliver such a good pop album but I will say this may be my favorite album to date from you.

Fangz: O-M-G! Shadow Magnet made me cum 5 times in a row! That's better than any man I've been with! So it's confirmed Vanity's music has better game than men. It's biblical.

OOC: This is such a good thread! It's a great mixture of visuals and song descriptions! For a pop album I feel that's important and something I always look for and you DELIVERED!!!! Also thank you for introducing me to some new acts I've never heard before with your sound alikes! I really loved them :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 14/12/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#14 Posted : 14 December 2020 23:52:06(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
Erica: this record is quite the experience. I'm a perpetual horn dog,so I'm all about "getting you off".

Nina: it's true,love. The most useful thing you can ask Erica is : "you wash your hands?".

Erica: I'm not a savage,nina ....ok,maybe a little in certain circumstances. But that's to be expected. I am DEADLY serious and when it comes to board games.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 15/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 16/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#15 Posted : 17 December 2020 20:47:16(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Daniel: Incredible collection of songs, each offering something different but all so coherent together as a project. That's what makes a good pop album! I think for me Kimono takes the cake as the best track on the album. Change The World comes in at a good second place. Such a kick ass track; my bass was not ready. I'm not surprised you were able to deliver such a good pop album but I will say this may be my favorite album to date from you.

Fangz: O-M-G! Shadow Magnet made me cum 5 times in a row! That's better than any man I've been with! So it's confirmed Vanity's music has better game than men. It's biblical.

OOC: This is such a good thread! It's a great mixture of visuals and song descriptions! For a pop album I feel that's important and something I always look for and you DELIVERED!!!! Also thank you for introducing me to some new acts I've never heard before with your sound alikes! I really loved them :)

OOC: Thank you so much, Daniel! I always appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to check it out, I was nervous with this whole thread because it's been a while hahah, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! <3

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: this record is quite the experience. I'm a perpetual horn dog,so I'm all about "getting you off".

Nina: it's true,love. The most useful thing you can ask Erica is : "you wash your hands?".

Erica: I'm not a savage,nina ....ok,maybe a little in certain circumstances. But that's to be expected. I am DEADLY serious and when it comes to board games.

Vanity: Erica, darling, you don't have to confess these things to me, I already know what you're all about. I could have guessed that'd be your favourite with my eyes closed. X

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
erich hess on 17/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#16 Posted : 20 December 2020 06:10:23(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
OOC: And just like that, you've picked up exactly where you left off and RAN with that baton lol. You have done a stellar job here and you should be so proud of yourself! You must have been really nervous to release your first album after such a lengthy time away but my God, you're better than ever. Not only do I love the pop sensibilities here (hooks aplenty!) but I adore the themes and the stories told within each of the songs. Definitely a very raw and personal record for the most part despite being wrapped up in stunning aesthetics and dance-pop fixings. I really enjoy all of the songs but despite confessing my love for the darker, more personal side of things, "Kimono" is the one that does it for me. Don't know if it's the fact that it reads like a real-life catchy 10/10 bop or that it stands out more because there are less sexual tracks on this record. Either way, it gives me that buzz! Great job as always and welcome back!!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 21/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#17 Posted : 20 December 2020 11:49:58(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Hot damn girl!!!! The way you came back to this forum!!! You have not missed a beat, not rusty at all. Truly one of your best works from Vanity. I really enjoyed reading through this album it felt so triumphant, made me feel happy and enjoyable, made me want to dance and cry at the same time. Everything is so concise, so consistent and it's really inspired me to try different things with my characters and have this same type of quality. I know I could NEVER write as well as you, but to see it all come together is truly amazing. Vanity is iconic, and for her to come back with such an excellent dance album just gets me so excited for what else you have planned. Wonderful work Stacy. Really loving Underground, Getting You Off *this SLAPPED!!!*, and Shadow Magnet because the lyrics are so strong. I try to dance it off and have a good time
But the smile I wear, doesn’t belong to me/Just a remnant of the girl I used to be" I felt this!! Love this x
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 21/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#18 Posted : 22 December 2020 22:46:51(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
OOC: And just like that, you've picked up exactly where you left off and RAN with that baton lol. You have done a stellar job here and you should be so proud of yourself! You must have been really nervous to release your first album after such a lengthy time away but my God, you're better than ever. Not only do I love the pop sensibilities here (hooks aplenty!) but I adore the themes and the stories told within each of the songs. Definitely a very raw and personal record for the most part despite being wrapped up in stunning aesthetics and dance-pop fixings. I really enjoy all of the songs but despite confessing my love for the darker, more personal side of things, "Kimono" is the one that does it for me. Don't know if it's the fact that it reads like a real-life catchy 10/10 bop or that it stands out more because there are less sexual tracks on this record. Either way, it gives me that buzz! Great job as always and welcome back!!

OOC: Aw 😭 thank youuuu! It was indeed very daunting to come back and get back into the swing of things considering I haven't really done any song writing in 5 years or so, so I'm glad that wasn't very noticeable lmao. You know I love writing a silly hyper-sexual bop so "Kimono" does it for me too 😂 thank you for taking the time to read through it, it means a lot coming from you considering all of the amazing songs you've been writing recently! ❤

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Hot damn girl!!!! The way you came back to this forum!!! You have not missed a beat, not rusty at all. Truly one of your best works from Vanity. I really enjoyed reading through this album it felt so triumphant, made me feel happy and enjoyable, made me want to dance and cry at the same time. Everything is so concise, so consistent and it's really inspired me to try different things with my characters and have this same type of quality. I know I could NEVER write as well as you, but to see it all come together is truly amazing. Vanity is iconic, and for her to come back with such an excellent dance album just gets me so excited for what else you have planned. Wonderful work Stacy. Really loving Underground, Getting You Off *this SLAPPED!!!*, and Shadow Magnet because the lyrics are so strong. I try to dance it off and have a good time
But the smile I wear, doesn’t belong to me/Just a remnant of the girl I used to be" I felt this!! Love this x

OOC: Jaimeeee, thank you so much!! She's had many albums, so the pressure was definitely on to create a new record for her that would be a worthy addition to her discography hahah, but I'm so glad you enjoyed it! You're an iconic user here in the RP forums so your feedback is always very much appreciated. ❤
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 26 December 2020 19:44:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8682 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Ashford: Vanity, there's a period when you started where you catered primarily to a pop audience. I can't pin point the exact record that changed that for you, but it was pretty early in your career. The mark of an Icon for me is when the music transcends genres and becomes universally accessible and that's exactly what you have achieved. I know some pretty hardcore metal heads that vibe to your music, I know some classical music fiends that cannot praise your work more highly (I do see a Vanity record with a full orchestra working very well btw). But the honesty in your work has always been there and is never more evident than right now in this album of pain and sadness but also a rousing and triumphant heart none more evident than on the title track. You tackle the topical moments in what has been a shitty period for everybody with "Change the World" which is a track that sits with you a little longer and lingers inside of you, the mark of true legacy work. For me, at it's core, this is not a mainstream pop album, it's very much a universal human album.

OOC: Just outstanding as always, the lyrics are always at the highest standard and everything else you put alongside them (description, artwork, promo) matches it so perfectly. Don't know how you do it. My suspicions remain! Amazing work as always though! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 26/12/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#20 Posted : 27 December 2020 20:06:00(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
iCandy: We already love love love love love your album & we excited to see what next for you

OCC: Nice Job
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 01/01/2021(UTC)