logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 14 December 2020 17:09:38(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artists: Mandy Williams
Release Date: December 14th, 2020
Genre:Pop
Format: CD Single, Streaming Digital Download, 7” Single
Producers: Ludwig Göransson
Songwriters: Mandy Williams, Simon Ludwig
Album: Truce?

"Truce" is the surprise single release by singer/songwriter Mandy Williams from her upcoming studio album now titled "Truce", released as an official single from the album. "Truce" is also noted as the final single released before the release of of her long awaited album that is set for an early 2021 release. Truce will officially impact radio stations on December 14th, 2020 and will be available for digital download on December 14th, respectively.

Prior to the release of "Truce", the now titled "Truce?" album (previous titled Electrified) has definitely been a work in progress as Mandy's life has taken many different turns over the past four years. The era all started when Mandy Williams released "Electrified", the first offering from the new album. It became, at the time, Mandy's most suggestive record to date, with Williams seeming to be make it clear that she's no longer the clean cut "good girl" she has always been portrayed as. The record instantly shot to number one on the charts. Giving Mandy her third number one single. Following the first single release, which was written off as just a promotional cut, Mandy Williams announced the lead single from the then album, entitled "Something About Us". Something About us became a massive hit, topping both the Airplay and Digital Charts and was nominated for four awards at the FCA VI. This kept fans compelled for new material and with Mandy sporting a new found confidence got fans all the more excited for more material.

The next cut, "I Want It All" was released as just a promotional record and reminiscent of Mandy's earlier works intertwined with Mandy's new attitude, the song was never actually released and the pre-order of Mandy William's was pulled after the events that took place in the summer summer of 2016. which saw rushed to the hospital after being found non-responsive in her hotel room. There has still been no explanation for exactly what caused or what happened on that very night many assumptions have been made but nothing from Mandy. Mandy took a much needed hiatus for six months, disappearing completely but re-appeared again in December to the happiness to all worrying about her, promising new music. But unfortunately, that pushed back the album once more, due to personal issues. The next single "Lover (I Say) was announced as the second official single from the album, and the record was met with positive reviews from critics. The record was suggestive, pop-mid tempo that was vulnerable and seductive.

Over the next span of months, Mandy released two more promotional records from the upcoming album, seemingly staying upon the charts all the while being completely backed away from social media and any type of interviews. Mandy has simply let her music do the talking for her. The next promotional cut following Lover (I Say), was "Remedy". Mandy offered a record that she's never released before and it showed listeners that Mandy new album is not an album full of meaningless pop tunes. Remedy was a heart-pulling, power ballad about heart-break and betrayal, and the rawness feel it had suited the subject perfectly and in turn was met with universal acclaim. Shortly after, Ecstasy, the records third promotional cut was released from the album. Ecstasy was a pulsating, excitable, electrifying dance floor filler that is a full on uptempo dance record produced by mister_B. Since the release of her last cut from the upcoming album entitled "Don't Talk To Me", Mandy took more time out to record some songs from the album. With recording for the album being finalized in 2020, Mandy Williams has officially renamed her album "Truce?", as she felt it "would be her coming full circle and calling out a truce, because without forgiveness, how could won move on?" (Williams, circa 2020). This prompted fans that this was a direct call out to Deneil Khan, who Mandy Williams had a very public break up with with before it was revealed that Deneil was dating Drew Westbrook. "Truce" sees Mandy Williams break away from the negative speculation surrounding her for the last four years. Mandy Williams returned to social media in the summer of 2020, hilariously doing her own rendition of the viral hit "I Wanna", but fans were graced with new music until 5 months later with the release of her brand new single.

"Truce" is pop record that sees Mandy Williams comes to terms with her herself. In the record, Mandy Williams explains that she's calling a truce, but still wants to hurt the person who has done wrong by her. Due to this person doing wrong, she's still having trouble dropping her "guard" since the last time she "trusted a heart" she ended up "nearly losing her life on the floor". The lyrics hit hard, and is one of Mandy's most personal records to date and feels like a personal song made out of Mandy's personal diary book. The record in many ways not only offers closure to the fans of Mandy's who have been worried about her well being, but also sees Mandy Williams return back in top form. Offering a strong vocal number that is not only euphoric, but very vulnerable and inspirational. "Truce" was record in October of 2020 during the corona virus pandemic with producer Ludwig Göransson in Sweden. The song itself, although very vulnerable, is far from a downbeat affair. Instead, Mandy Williams fuses her tale of heartbreak with a slick, uptempo pop record that offers some clarity to her personal life, but still suggests remnants of the effects of a past heartbreak. The record starts off with a haunting, echoey words I’m not running away but I don’t really want to fight/I’m not dropping my weapon but I don’t want you to die" before the beats come on, offering an 80's driven synth backing beat, as Mandy's luscious vocals sway on to the track. Mandy's always had a very distinct tone that sound best on simmery, mid-to up tempo records and here, Mandy is in top form. It takes little time before the song's catchy chorus makes way to the track where Mandy sings: I’m not saying goodbye but I can’t stay here forever/I’m calling a truce but I really wanna hurt you/Cause I remember the one time I trusted a heart/I was pushed right back right to the start/So can you see why I’m hesitant to waste time?" which offers truthful lyrics over the dreamy beats that has Mandy Williams doing heavily adlibs which adds to the overall presentation of the chorus and record itself. Elsewhere on the track, where Mandy proclaims: "Was it worth it now?/Did we break new ground?/Cause we’re both so alone/And it’s getting so cold" where Mandy seems to be asking was everything all worth it? Because it seems as if they have both gotten no where." Vocally, this is one of Mandy's tracks, as the somewhat laid back production allows Mandy's vocal cadence to sound clear and motivated, where listeners can truly absorb the lyrics, juxtosing to Mandy's previous tracks such as "Electrified", "Don't Talk to Me", and "Ecstasy".

"Truce", allows Mandy to come full circle with her past in her first comeback record in over three years.

TRUCE
(Mandy Williams)

I’m not running away but I don’t really want to fight
I’m not dropping my weapon but I don’t want you to die
Cause I’ve let down my guard before
And I ended up nearly losing my life on the floor
So do you understand why I’m a little scared?

If I drop the guard I always get hurt
No matter what I say, they say, it still burns
Never found a cure that could heal the pain
Never felt the pain that I’ve felt yesterday
I’d do anything to stay away from there, and I can’t drop the guard
So

I’m not saying goodbye but I can’t stay here forever
I’m calling a truce but I really wanna hurt you
Cause I remember the one time I trusted a heart
I was pushed right back right to the start
So can you see why I’m hesitant to waste time?

Was it worth it now?
Did we break new ground?
Cause we’re both so alone
And it’s getting so cold

I’ll sign anything you want but I still wanna burn you
I’m not gonna dare but I’ll tell you the truth
I’ll look back through the pictures, I love it
I treasured these and I want you to know it
But can you see how they still hurt me?

So

Was it worth it now?
Did we break new ground?
And it’s getting so cold

So I can’t drop the guard
No I can’t drop the guard

Ohhhhhh, it’s there to make sure I can’t get hurt
Now I find myself asking if it ever works
I fall, I fall, I fall, I fall again
And time, after time, after time, I break again

Was it worth it now?
Was it worth it now?
Was it worth it now?
Was it worth it now?

Was it worth it now?
Did we break new ground?
And it’s getting so cold

So

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 16 December 2020 03:51:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 11 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 14/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 14/12/2020(UTC), FiveT on 14/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 14/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/12/2020(UTC), RadioVine on 15/12/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/12/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 14 December 2020 17:20:18(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
Tika Mays: AAAAH OMG Mandy I'm a huge fan & Truce is one of my favorite of all time!!!!! OMG i been waiting to hear your new music all day & it got some catchy to it

OCC: Wow very well done! Love the artwork & love the sound for Mandy Williams :)

Edited by user 14 December 2020 17:21:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 15/12/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 14 December 2020 23:43:50(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
Erica: aww,manders. As someone who's gotten their fair amount of revenge for wrongs,real and perceived, it isn't worth it. It only feels good in the moment.

Mariko: no. Fuck that. Go for the revenge. No matter how long it takes. Sure,it doesn't solve anything,but it lets people know you aren't to be toyed with.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 15/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 15 December 2020 09:40:37(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Tika Mays: AAAAH OMG Mandy I'm a huge fan & Truce is one of my favorite of all time!!!!! OMG i been waiting to hear your new music all day & it got some catchy to it

OCC: Wow very well done! Love the artwork & love the sound for Mandy Williams :)

Mandy: Tika! You are so sweet and I love your music too. Thank you <3

OOC: Thanks sooooo much!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 15/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 15 December 2020 09:42:05(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: aww,manders. As someone who's gotten their fair amount of revenge for wrongs,real and perceived, it isn't worth it. It only feels good in the moment.

Mariko: no. Fuck that. Go for the revenge. No matter how long it takes. Sure,it doesn't solve anything,but it lets people know you aren't to be toyed with.

Mandy: I’m with Mariko!! You truly don’t feel better until that revenge has been enacted hehe. But I’m so harmless I couldn’t hurt a fly! This song, is like my form of revenge (;
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 15/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 16 December 2020 15:53:49(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
OOC: I would comment in character but so many have awkward relationships with Mandy at this point, I don't know who'd make sense to use lol. Honestly, I think this is one of your best written songs yet! It's a perfectly crafted pop song in terms of rhyme and hooks but the vocabulary and detail in the lyrics takes it even further. I can really feel Mandy's emotions and thoughts through your words. I love it when acts on here release songs that also reflect the character's personal lives. Makes it all the more believable and has me even more invested! Great work and I can't wait to FINALLY read through her album!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 16/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 17 December 2020 16:14:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I would comment in character but so many have awkward relationships with Mandy at this point, I don't know who'd make sense to use lol. Honestly, I think this is one of your best written songs yet! It's a perfectly crafted pop song in terms of rhyme and hooks but the vocabulary and detail in the lyrics takes it even further. I can really feel Mandy's emotions and thoughts through your words. I love it when acts on here release songs that also reflect the character's personal lives. Makes it all the more believable and has me even more invested! Great work and I can't wait to FINALLY read through her album!

OOC: Honestly, that means so so much! I truly appreciate it. It sometimes takes me so long to actually write lyrics especially with work and all of that but with Mandy, writing for this was so smooth and quite frankly alittle bit easier than the songs I've written in the past. Her feelings are true and when writing this I put myself in Mandy shoes. I'm really glad you saw that in the lyrics! Yesss the album is coming, I can't wait to post it to the forum. It's been a while lol. Thanks again for checking this out :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

BrownSugar on 17/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#8 Posted : 17 December 2020 20:55:21(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
OOC: Whew with Naomi, now Mandy!! You are really bringing it lately, girl! The description is so detailed and paints a picture of where Mandy's at now and helped me out as I wasn't around for all of these releases, so it was great to get a catch up with her previous releases. This is the perfect comeback single for her, emotional but not downbeat as you described, and you're showing how much of an incredible writer you are with this song too, such fantastic lyrics. For sure gonna be another big hit for her! ❤
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline RadioVine  
#9 Posted : 18 December 2020 02:04:50(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1064 time(s) in 342 post(s)
OOC: First, I love the colors of the single artwork! The color of Pink gracing over her body in the artwork is so dope because Pink is typically the color of Victory, which means the song concept and the color you chose for the artwork and lyrics are perfect! It all works well. I love eras that all connects and makes sense. Mandy I remember when she started, had a strong breakthrough with her career and to see you can still keep up her momentum even after three years is impressive! Great track to begin her comeback!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 20 December 2020 11:58:32(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: RadioVine Go to Quoted Post
OOC: First, I love the colors of the single artwork! The color of Pink gracing over her body in the artwork is so dope because Pink is typically the color of Victory, which means the song concept and the color you chose for the artwork and lyrics are perfect! It all works well. I love eras that all connects and makes sense. Mandy I remember when she started, had a strong breakthrough with her career and to see you can still keep up her momentum even after three years is impressive! Great track to begin her comeback!

OOC: Thank you so much! Yes, Mandy was one of those slow build characters who broke out as the dark horse. Love this character x Flattered by the kind words and how you can see the small little details that are pieces of her puzzle of victory after hardship. It means alot. Thank you!

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Whew with Naomi, now Mandy!! You are really bringing it lately, girl! The description is so detailed and paints a picture of where Mandy's at now and helped me out as I wasn't around for all of these releases, so it was great to get a catch up with her previous releases. This is the perfect comeback single for her, emotional but not downbeat as you described, and you're showing how much of an incredible writer you are with this song too, such fantastic lyrics. For sure gonna be another big hit for her! ❤

OOC: Yesssss I am trying girl! I haven't posted singles in quite a while so I'm getting back into the swing of things. Really feel inspired by the great work by all the members. Felt like I really had to get back out there. Yeah, Mandy has such a deep story so I like to make sure to give a background of what they've been up to just in case members missed it. Really happy you caught that and caught up with Mandy. It's been a long road she's been through a lot, which is why I feel such a connection to her as a character. I've been really trying to improve my writing, which is also why songs by my characters take a while to come out because it takes me a while to write a song myself that I feel happy with. Thank you so much for your kind words <3

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#11 Posted : 23 December 2020 14:13:47(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Misu: Mandy, babyy! You've been through so much and I've always loved you from afar. Every time I hear your voice it's like you've grown this whole new layer of...you. I don't know, like an onion! You reinvent yourself every time, always serving up something fresh. Can't wait to see all the growth that you've put on the new album. Mwah!
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 26 December 2020 20:16:44(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8682 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Alexis: Mandy! This is so sad, it's great to see you putting out music again but you got me in the feels with this one. You've been through a lot in this life, but you've always been such a beautiful soul. This song is so raw and emotional and I think you get that when it's completely created by the artist alone, it's great interpreting other songwriters lyrics but sometimes when you've got something to say it's all the more powerful when it's all just from yourself. I can definitely tell that you've matured so much as a writer and artist and it's beautiful to see. So glad to see that you're back and having such success with this single!