logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RadioVine  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2020 04:03:26(UTC)
RadioVine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1064 time(s) in 342 post(s)
UserPostedImage
title: funhouse
length: 4mins | 50seconds
released: December 21 2020
writers: destiny Davis
produced by: radio vine, the lost ones, st.sound
from album: vineyard
format: airplay | digital download “12,”7 | Stereo “7, | cassette [limited edition]

(in an amusement park) a building equipped with trick mirrors, shifting floors, and other devices designed to scare or amuse people as they walk through.

Funhouse is the second single from Radio’s sophomore album, ‘ Vineyard’. The heavy and pop production was done by The Lost Ones, the producer group was introduced with the lead single, ‘ Sweet Tea’ that debuted at number two. Radio wanted something dramatic as the topics she is discussing are a bit dramatic. She was invested in the vocal arrangement of the record while The Lost Ones focused on the aggressive pop record. The song was written by Destiny Davis, which people get confused on the two. Destiny, Radio’s real name is the person who is writing the material. Radio Vine is who she is as an whole, her artistry and life. Ironically, one of the personalities she has created for herself. She wanted Studio 60, her long time record label to credit her as two separate people, for which are two different individuals. The artwork was personally selected by Radio, she expressed in her Relix interview she has a new found love for fine pieces of art. She used that passion for art in her darkest times during her six year hiatus.

Radio describes art as an way of escaping to a life or time though imagination. She creates these stories behind her artwork in her Paris home when guests visits. The theme of the album creates this atmosphere of imagination and dream, creating this ‘garden’ strictly made for her. She reflects her lyrics on this record as ‘imaginative dark world only two can understand and want, it may be bad for others but good for us..” Funhouse rockets to the reference of the amusement part ride, the fun but scary encounters that Radio best describes her life and previous relationship. She titled her last six years of her life as an funhouse. The Paris home Radio often spent her time writing and visiting was the heart trenching times of mental and physical abuse.

The artwork seems she painted several things in her mind and released it on paper. Radio paints this luxury life with her music and success but also draws the attention to her toxic ways, how she enjoys it and she enjoyed the relationship, describes it as ‘ rollercoaster ride’ that pushes this ideal pop record as an amusement but sinister ride about love that beats all odds and devastation.

No matter the fear you encounter with someone, Radio makes it okay to fear them. Still love them though the fear and continue to find some kind of amusement in love or fear. Radio released a visual titled ‘Vineyard’ that showed her different worlds in her mind coming together in one. This video was used to illustrate Radios peaceful and beautiful mind set to quickly becoming the darkest part of herself, in the video a presence is chasing her, eventually her drowning in her own despite, trying to reach for the light, her driven force forces her down, darken her world with old flowers on top of her body. She relaxes her fallen attempt to be happy and knowing she isn’t perfect to her blooming into her full self, illuminating the flowers being grown on her body, referring to the album title, Vineyard. Suggesting that she’s a plant that needs a bit of watering and care, she dedicates who she is to growing and changing though the colors of life and love.

the production | vocals
The record begins with a small voice, sounding like a child, asking “ do you wanna play, do you wanna play? In my funhouse my funhouse baby.” The voice fades away, following a giggle to a explosive climbing of the instrumental, the trembling and hard bass line and drums roars with the little voice constantly repeating in the background, “ funhouse bab.” is quietly heard as the song processes on. Radio takes the first verse on with a light nasal, her head chest is strong but shy as she explores her different registers before getting to the chorus. Her light nasal under tones her timbre and rasp. She takes the under tones of her pitch for the pre chorus lifting her nasal tone just a bit higher in range. Before going into the second verse, the best comes to a stop hearing the voice sample, funhouse bab quickly leaving the lead vocal, Radio returns to the second verse with a light falsetto in her chest register, the nasal is still heard though the verse. The same but slightly different vocal arrangement is heard like previously in the pre chorus, her falsetto is lifted from the mixing to add a background adlibs with the voice sample. She begins the third verse, belting in her chest register as she relaxes her vocal chords, returning back into the nasal out-though the pre chorus.

At the end of the second pre chorus, you can hear her vocal runs in the background, preparing for the chorus. Running the word funhouse in several different keys as the last vocal key she runs in leads the last chorus, the vocals fade out to the listener only hearing the funhouse voice sample.

madhouse interlude
Seconds later after the ending of Funhouse comes the short interlude begins with the voice of Eartha Katt’s famous Compromise interview. In the background, Radio is heard saying “ do you play?” in a creepy eerie tone following a mix of her funhouse adlibs. The voice of Eartha Katt is still be heard as a piece of the second interview is used. The lyrics been as Radio uses her deep timbre to deliver the interlude. At the end, do you play repeats several times before the track ends in a distorted audio.

lyrics | funhouse

Do you wanna play
Do you wanna play
In my funhouse bab
Funhouse bab

I know you need some time alone
Just to play
And laugh along
Your want your world to come alive
I’m here like a thrift of the night
To awaken your brightest fantasies
To enlight
The child in you

I need you inside of me
All times when I need shelter
And peace
Between my walls
Between my thighs
You call it your funhouse
When we’re playing around

It’s all fun
It’s all good
Play in my funhouse
I’ll make you feel good
Beautiful dreams when you go to sleep
Funhouse baby
Let the games begin

[instrumental break vocal lyrics]
All this games
We play
It’s consequences
When your late
I’m ready all the way
Until you arrive
I’ll be dancing around
Like a school girl
I wanna know what makes you smile
What makes you laugh
But here’s walls
Keep trapped
Never leaving inside

We can just play around
Until it’s night falls upon us
When the street light is on
We run inside and play pretend
Like I’m sexiest women in the world
And you’re my honey bee
Play around with me
Let your imagination run free.

I need you inside of me
All times when I need shelter
And peace
Between my walls
Between my thighs
You call it your funhouse
When we’re playing around

It’s all fun
It’s all good
Play in my funhouse
I’ll make you feel good
Beautiful dreams when you go to sleep
Funhouse baby
Let the games begin

lyrics | madhouse

Eartha Katt
Compromise?
What is compromising?
Compromising for what?
Compromising for what reason?
(laughing hysterically, incredulous)
Stupid.
A man comes into my life, and I have to compromise?
Falling in love for the right purpose.
Falling in love.
Falling in love.
When you fall in love…
What is there to compromise about?

Nothing feels the same
It’s secrets hidden from within
All comes out like a spill
Have mercy on me

In the heat of the moment
This a madhouse
You scream I scream
This is a madhouse
Love goes unseen
Anger is the sweetest sin
Let them all out here
In the madhouse I seek

My my my my my my my
Oh my my my my my my[x4]

Madhouse
Oh my
Madhouse
Oh my

Nothing feels the same
It’s secrets hidden from within
All comes out like a spill
Have mercy on me

funhouse sounds like:

madhouse sounds like:

Edited by user 22 December 2020 04:27:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 9 users thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 22/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 22/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 22/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 16/02/2021(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2020 23:07:27(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Vanity: Ugh, I always love how you marry art and music together for your releases, just exquisite as always, and as underrated as "Sweet Tea" was, I think it did a fantastic job of establishing yourself as an artist, and this only continues that. The lyrics to "Funhouse" are so sexy and captivating, and anyone who samples that Eartha Kitt video will always have my attention, so the "Madhouse" interlude is fucking amazing as well. Congrats, darling! ❤
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RadioVine on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#3 Posted : 23 December 2020 03:00:28(UTC)
RadioVine

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Vanity: Ugh, I always love how you marry art and music together for your releases, just exquisite as always, and as underrated as "Sweet Tea" was, I think it did a fantastic job of establishing yourself as an artist, and this only continues that. The lyrics to "Funhouse" are so sexy and captivating, and anyone who samples that Eartha Kitt video will always have my attention, so the "Madhouse" interlude is fucking amazing as well. Congrats, darling! ❤

Radio: Vanity, since the beginning you believed in me and my music and it feels so damn good for you to continue to feel that way and know it only gets better, thank you for the mentoring you gave me during the tour! I know that Sweet Tea was underrated but that’s actually how I wanted it. And bitch— that album has been on repeat since Saturday. Congratulations to you darling! I love you.
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 23 December 2020 08:37:49(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: BUMP THRU AGAIN! I said this a million times, but I truly do love Radio’s comeback. This build up and anticipation has really crafted up some big excitement for her upcoming project. Really enjoyed the lyrics here and great job on the description. Keep killin it! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline RadioVine  
#5 Posted : 24 December 2020 04:37:46(UTC)
RadioVine

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: BUMP THRU AGAIN! I said this a million times, but I truly do love Radio’s comeback. This build up and anticipation has really crafted up some big excitement for her upcoming project. Really enjoyed the lyrics here and great job on the description. Keep killin it! :)

OOC: Thank you so much!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 26 December 2020 21:13:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8682 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Madison: Of all the people in this industry, your mind is one that I want to live in just for one day. You're a fucking genius in what you do and I admire your work so greatly. We are labelmates so be aware that I will be bugging the fuck out of the label to set something up between us. I need to work with you, you're so good. But anyway, I'm fangirlin'. This is another gem of a track, you've been on a roll since you returned. I like the playful nature of the lyrics and the imagery that you conjure up with your words on "funhouse", it's so damn vivid. Beautiful work once again!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RadioVine on 29/12/2020(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#7 Posted : 29 December 2020 06:03:14(UTC)
RadioVine

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Madison: Of all the people in this industry, your mind is one that I want to live in just for one day. You're a fucking genius in what you do and I admire your work so greatly. We are labelmates so be aware that I will be bugging the fuck out of the label to set something up between us. I need to work with you, you're so good. But anyway, I'm fangirlin'. This is another gem of a track, you've been on a roll since you returned. I like the playful nature of the lyrics and the imagery that you conjure up with your words on "funhouse", it's so damn vivid. Beautiful work once again!

Radio: Madison, let me explain something to you okay? Never be afraid to work with me, I know I’m a little creepy at times but I put that in my work and the talent and skill you have, I’ll be honored to work with you. Funhouse was my favorite track to record, we are label mates and I’m happy to work with you my love. See u soon.
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

Offline Andre Gandra  
#8 Posted : 30 December 2020 22:54:53(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: I'm so intrigued with the contrast presented on both tracks, first you take us into an imaginative world of joy and pleasure then you presented us to a harsh reality, it's genius, you should know that Radio, brilliant but yet scary, for me at least, because I can totally relate to those tracks, especially with "madhouse", it took me back to a very dark moment in my life. I'll be listening to it in my healing process, that's for sure! Amazing music these ones.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RadioVine on 31/12/2020(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#9 Posted : 31 December 2020 04:46:16(UTC)
RadioVine

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie: I'm so intrigued with the contrast presented on both tracks, first you take us into an imaginative world of joy and pleasure then you presented us to a harsh reality, it's genius, you should know that Radio, brilliant but yet scary, for me at least, because I can totally relate to those tracks, especially with "madhouse", it took me back to a very dark moment in my life. I'll be listening to it in my healing process, that's for sure! Amazing music these ones.

Radio: FUCK those dark times girlie. I’ve had them and I’m so glad it’s healing for you. My madhouse was intense and it’s the reason I am the way I am today. Thank you for understanding! Its so weird we can connect right?
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 31/12/2020(UTC)