logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2020 06:29:28(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist(s): Lincoln
Title: Light Me Up
Genre(s): Power pop, Synthpop
Length: 3:13
Writer: L.Keaton-Paria, S.Hollywood, C.Hudson
Producer: The Wolverines
Label: Permanent Reminder
From The Album: TBC

Light Me Up is a song recorded by British-Azeri singer Lincoln Keaton-Paria, known mononymously Lincoln. The song was released on December 20, 2020, after numerous delays. The single was initially set for a September release and was then pencilled in for a December 18th drop before eventually being released two days later on the 20th. It serves as the new lead single from Keaton-Paria's forthcoming debut album. Lincoln's debut LP was initially set for a 2016 release in the wake of his multi-platinum #1 single "Bang The Drum", however, plans were indefinitely halted due to private personal issues. "Light Me Up" was written by Lincoln alongside acclaimed songwriters, Christopher Hudson and Sara Hollywood. Hudson also co-wrote "Bang The Drum" with Keaton-Paria. Production of the track was handled by award-winning duo, The Wolverines. Co-writer Sara Hollywood has stated that, lyrically, the song can be interpreted in two different ways. On the surface, "Light Me Up" reads as the recounting of a standard hook-up. However, Hollywood claims that there's a "sadness" and "desperation" within the lyrics and performance, with Lincoln trying to sell himself to a person, tired of always being picked last.

The release of "Light Me Up" follows almost five years since his debut single, "Bang The Drum". With his first single, Lincoln topped the charts and broke records. "Bang The Drum" went on to become one of the best-selling songs of all-time. The star-studded music video itself also achieved acclaim and accolades, becoming one of the most expensive music videos to date and was the fastest video to reach 100,000,000 views on YouTube at the time. As of December 2020, the official music video for "Bang The Drum" has over 4.5 billion views. Lincoln was set to release his debut album in 2016 but things fell silent. Keaton-Paria revealed that he was struggling with his sudden fame and that he was "scared" of "Bang The Drum" due to its huge popularity and all the expectations that came with following it up. Lincoln was also hurt by the public scrutiny of his mental development disorder. Aside from featuring on the title track of Joshua Grimmie's debut album in 2017, Lincoln did not appear on or release any music for the next few years. The singer recoiled in order to live a semi-private life with his actor boyfriend, Aaron Styles. The material for his original album was effectively scrapped. After an extended break, Keaton-Paria eventually returned to the studio in late 2019 and is finally set to release his album in 2021.

"Light Me Up" is a power pop and synthpop song, with dance-pop, dance wave and Italo disco elements. The production of the song is heavily inspired by 1980's pop and disco music, utilising tropes of the era such as a synthwave bassline. Despite being almost five years since his first and only release, "Bang The Drum", Lincoln is continuing to showcase and incorporate his love for retro music and aesthetics that were evident in his debut. "Light Me Up" was written in December 2019, a whole year before the song's official release. After his initial debut record was shelved, Keaton-Paria still wanted to work with Christopher Hudson on new material, stating that he feels "comfortable" around Hudson and that he "doesn't feel judged" by the singer-songwriter. The writing session took place in Hudson's home, where he also invited good friend and fellow writer Sara Hollywood. Despite many rumours and harsh criticism regarding the singer's intellect, Christopher Hudson confirmed that the majority of the track came from Lincoln and that the singer is heavily involved in his work.

Christopher Hudson wrote:
"People severely underestimate Lincoln and I think that's what makes his triumphs seem even more epic in scale. It's common knowledge that Lincoln is on the autistic spectrum and has some learning difficulties but why count him out? He may not word things perfectly but the ideas, passion, talent and genius is all there. I can honestly say that I've never worked with a more hands-on pop star. Most of the time, I just find myself guiding him through and polishing his words. In the case of "Light Me Up", most of the lines and a good portion of that melody came from Lincoln pretty much off-the-cuff."

Critical reception of "Light Me Up" has been positive, with the pop song receiving instant acclaim. Arnie Wishart from Billboard called the song a "magnificent return to form" and stated that "it's exactly the type of stomping, sugary, energetic, unapologetic pop anthem you'd expect to hear from Lincoln". Neil Richards of Idolator branded the song a "stone-cold bop". He continued to praise the track for its "enormous chorus" and its "nostalgia drenched production", stating that he found it to be among some of The Wolverines best work. Writing for Rolling Stone, Erika Winans stated that the song sounds "bright and glittery while simultaneously owning a grumbling, sinister underbelly throughout". Winans then went on to describe the song as "an outer-body, euphoric experience" and dubbed it as "just an all-round perfect little pop song". In his review for Pitchfork, Irwin Coll said; "While "Bang The Drum" was pop bliss and the equivalent to your favorite sugary soda; "Light Me Up" now uses that drink as a chaser. This is Lincoln 2.0. The sweet and frothy fun is still present but there's a good splash of alcohol in there with its rather suggestive lyrics and matured vocals." He then rounded off his review by stating that the song is "ferocious" and claimed that the song will "undoubtedly abolish his one-hit-wonder status,", concluding that "Lincoln is back!"

Light Me Up

I'm not blind and you're moving so boldly
No mistaken that you want to get to know me
There's no doubting I could make you happy
We have to keep it hush, now listen closely
Sure I can make us feel a little less lonely
Just don't go speaking too loosely

Light me up, isn't that what you're wanting?
Turn it up, show me just how you rock it
I can fill the floor, drop a classic without warning
When I step it up, oh, there ain't no stopping

Gonna be in your head for days
Make you request another play
Around it goes on your stereo, oh
Three-sixty-five all across the waves
Twenty-four-seven, day to day
This ain't my first rodeo
Oh, what a spectacular show

Under the lights it's so spellbinding
Twirling and simultaneously unwinding
Getting on down and we're intertwining
Never miss a beat, we keep perfect timing
This is just what we need, there's no denying
Step closer to Heaven, keep on climbing

Light me up, isn't that what you're wanting?
Turn it up, show me just how you rock it
I can fill the floor, drop a classic without warning
When I step it up, oh, there ain't no stopping

Oh, these touches feel a little bit magic
Hot and bothered, close to hitting panic
Eye to eye, it's all so dramatic
Hitting every move like it's automatic
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Oh, these touches feel a little bit magic
Hot and bothered, close to hitting panic
Eye to eye, it's all so dramatic
Hitting every move like it's automatic

Better buckle up, oh, buckle up
'Cause you're gonna break a sweat when I light up

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 21/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 21/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 21/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/12/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 21/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 21/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 27/01/2021(UTC), FiveT on 28/01/2021(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 28/01/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2020 06:36:14(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
Tika Mays: OMG OMG OMGGGGG!!!!!! I love light me up because i just wanna put it in my workout playlist cause it already got me likey

Midnight20: We we we absolutely love this track & we might also used as our new year eve party playlist

OCC: Ah love the artwork, soundlike & this is my favorite good job :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 21/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2020 22:54:05(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Vanity: I know what it's like to fear your past works because they become so big and take a life of their own... "Bang the Drum" was a complete monster. I couldn't escape it for the life of me. I don't blame you for taking so long to follow it up, but this one is even BETTER. The very best kind of pop music, well written, and a complete earworm that just pulls us all away from the present world and into a space that's just fun and joyous. You surely do drop classics without warning, darling. ❤
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 23 December 2020 08:33:48(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: An absolute banger! Honestly, I can’t believe Bang the Drum was released so long ago. I don’t seem that old, it aged like fine wine and that’s awesome especially on this fast moving forum. Another great release by you, lyrics on par and I love the artwork. You better get that album out next year! Because if this is any indication of what we’re expecting, then Lincoln’s first album will be pure pop bliss. Wouldn’t expect anything less from ya (; nice work!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 31 December 2020 00:22:35(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Tika Mays: OMG OMG OMGGGGG!!!!!! I love light me up because i just wanna put it in my workout playlist cause it already got me likey

Midnight20: We we we absolutely love this track & we might also used as our new year eve party playlist

OCC: Ah love the artwork, soundlike & this is my favorite good job :)

Lincoln: Yayyy! Thank you all! I am so happy that you like my song and will listen to it at parties and stuff. That is super cool! hehe

OOC: Thank you very much! :)

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Vanity: I know what it's like to fear your past works because they become so big and take a life of their own... "Bang the Drum" was a complete monster. I couldn't escape it for the life of me. I don't blame you for taking so long to follow it up, but this one is even BETTER. The very best kind of pop music, well written, and a complete earworm that just pulls us all away from the present world and into a space that's just fun and joyous. You surely do drop classics without warning, darling. ❤

Lincoln: OMG hi Vanity! I love your music sooo much! Yeah, Bang the Drum really scared me because it wasn't just a successful song, it was like...TOO big for its own good. It took over my life and I just didn't know what to do! I am very happy that I took a lot of time off to rest with my Aaron and quietly work on music in secret. I didn't feel any pressure and I just got to have sooooo much fun, hehe! I am so happy you like it. I love pop music so much. It makes me smile and feel so happy. I have a lot more of it to come! :)

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: An absolute banger! Honestly, I can’t believe Bang the Drum was released so long ago. I don’t seem that old, it aged like fine wine and that’s awesome especially on this fast moving forum. Another great release by you, lyrics on par and I love the artwork. You better get that album out next year! Because if this is any indication of what we’re expecting, then Lincoln’s first album will be pure pop bliss. Wouldn’t expect anything less from ya (; nice work!

OOC: Thank you! Yeah, I can't believe it's nearly half a decade old! I remember it like yesterday. Didn't intend for his break to be so long haha. After the heavy lyrics of GOLDENHEART, I wanted to do something far more uplifting and Lincoln is just that. Even though I have a LOT of characters, I think Lincoln is my true pure pop star. I love the fun and carefree energy that comes with his material. Plenty more to come in 2021! Thanks for the kind words and support. Lincoln's album is definitely coming next year!! :)
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 31/12/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 03 January 2021 00:44:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Eilidh: Lincoln! Hi! Remember me!!! We talked at the Fan Choice Awards, that was so long ago and you liked me dress and I like your song :) It makes me feel happy when I listen to it and even though I can't understand some of the words, I think you said some good stuff. I love the chorus part because it really IS stuck in my head for days, you must be psychic! But I am confused, what do you light up? Does that mean fire? Do you set people on fire like that man from that movie? He's evil, oh no are you evil??? Maybe they deserved it..

OOC: See this pushed back single was worth the wait :P It's really different from Bang The Drum but I love the new direction LOL
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 03/01/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 08 January 2021 02:30:09(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Eilidh: Lincoln! Hi! Remember me!!! We talked at the Fan Choice Awards, that was so long ago and you liked me dress and I like your song :) It makes me feel happy when I listen to it and even though I can't understand some of the words, I think you said some good stuff. I love the chorus part because it really IS stuck in my head for days, you must be psychic! But I am confused, what do you light up? Does that mean fire? Do you set people on fire like that man from that movie? He's evil, oh no are you evil??? Maybe they deserved it..

OOC: See this pushed back single was worth the wait :P It's really different from Bang The Drum but I love the new direction LOL

Lincoln: Hiiiii Eilidh! I remember you very well and you were really nice and fun to talk to! I had to get some help with the words when writing it too so it is OK :) I think the lighting up thing is like a meta...metaphysically...thing. You'd have to ask Christopher about that part hehe :P

OOC: Thank you! Tried hard to find the perfect sound alike and lyrics that would push Lincoln forward but also maintain his cheery pop sounds :P
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 08/01/2021(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 27 January 2021 19:27:50(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Winnie: This song is so hot, I really love it. Makes me want to oil myself up and dance to it!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 27/01/2021(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#9 Posted : 28 January 2021 02:20:30(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1064 time(s) in 342 post(s)
Radio: LIGHT ME UP! Light me the hell up! Make me feel electric! First, this isn’t just a little pop record. It’s huge simply because the bases of this record is pop and colorful with a great concept to reflect on and write about. I’ll be screaming though today, “ light me up” that can mean a blunt or myself. Give it to em nasty Lincoln!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 28/01/2021(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#10 Posted : 28 January 2021 03:05:48(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
On their same radio interview where they talk about their covid experience, the Jollies also talk about Lincoln's new song.

Zafari: ...Y'know there's, like, a similar song in title to Próximo. Lincoln's new song 'Light Me Up'. Man it's dope.

Rose: Aaaww yes, Lincoln. He seems like a sweetheart, he was so cute with his boyfriend Aaron at the FCA.

David: Definately, a real LGBT power

Zafari: Actually got that song stuck in the head for days during covid.

Natasha: Well, it was in my training playlist. One of the few Pop songs, I like a Rock playlist training actually.

Zafari: Yeaah, like smash it She-Hulk

Natasha: Yup.

OOC: I need to tell you Sean, I was using sound alike song for the next track of Den's new album lol buuut it sounds really good on this one, I have a back up one to replace it haha

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 28/01/2021(UTC)