logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 03 January 2021 05:51:52(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Title: Guilt
Length: 3:14
Genre: Pop, Electro Pop, Alternative Pop
Label: FREEDOM
Songwriters: Mandy Williams
Producers: Danny Harle

"Guilt" is an official single by recording artist Mandy Williams taken from her long waited album, Electrified. "Guilt" follows Williams' previous single "Truce", which officially marked the return by the songstress after a tumultuous five year period where the singer took a hiatus from music, although she sporadically worked on the album during this period until October 2020, where she began formally scheduling studio sessions contently to finish Electrified. "Guilt" was one of the final songs recorded for the album and truly foreshadows some of the sounds Mandy has began to experiment with as she transcends from former teen-pop songstress, to a mature pop singing songwriter. "Guilt" was written solely by Mandy Williams and features climatic production from electronic producer Danny Harle and uncredited guitar work by former Two Equals Three member Ian Hanson.

The record has a subject of resentment, where Mandy asks "do you even feel the guilt?" over soaring production values and vocals. As one of the final tracks recorded for the album, Williams sees herself be overtly transparent with her feelings toward a past lover. The wonderous vocals and captivating production vocals layered together on "Guilt" easily helmed the track as one of the standouts on Electrified, and was suggested to be one of the future single releases for the album as said by managers at Mandy's current record label. Following Mandy's official return with "Truce", it was ultimately decided that Williams wanted to release "Guilt" as she wanted listeners to truly feel one with her on the record and offer the "rawest" track that she's ever written and recorded. The song steps away from the glistening pop forte of "Truce", but strips it back for raw, deep emotion. "Guilt" takes on genre's such as pop, electronic pop and alternative pop and ties them into a captivating record that is one of the most personal Mandy has ever written.

The recording process of "Guilt" began in November of 2020 during the final sessions of the Electrified album, although the song was written at an earlier date. Over the previous months, Mandy William's had been listening to the atmospheric beats of Bjork, who she felt inspired by during the end of the overall recording for the album. Mandy felt that the song "Guilt" would sound perfect over a track that showed Mandy in a different light, as the album reflects different moods Mandy felt during this five year period between "The Teenage Years" and this new body of work in "Electrified". It was important for the track to truly embrace the resentful lyrics that Mandy felt during this time, and as she continues to heal, she now felt comfortable enough. In late 2020, Mandy met with recording producer Danny Harle who got in the studio to craft up a record that was quite different from the previous tracks she's known for, without straying too far away from what fans know and love her for.

Over a week period, Danny Harle and Mandy worked closely together to craft up a production value that encompasses the resentment of the lyrics but to offer production that allows Mandy's vocals to do the talking. Over the next week the production of "Guilt" was finalized and Mandy recorded the track. In one of the final decisions for the production of the track, heavy guitar chords were added to the track after getting in contact with Ian Hanson, who had been in talks with FREEDOM about a possible recording contract. Mandy and Ian met after the initial track was recorded. Mandy William showed Ian the composition of "Guilt", and showed Ian each of the parts of the record in which she'd want to the guitar chords to go and within the next two days the record was finalized. In terms of the guitars being added to the song, Mandy drew influences from Joshua Grimmie's "SURPRISE", which in she felt the guitars on her own "Guilt" would make the track feel all the more "impactful" just as it did for the latter track. "Guilt" itself features a soft beginning where the lyrics can be fully absorbed as Mandy coos "I didn’t even hear it from you/I guess it’s partly what hurt the most" which easily can be linked to the resentment having to do with a relationship gone wrong, but not having the closure of hearing it from the person itself. The track seems to get bigger as it quickly evolves into a captivating banger that pushes Mandy's soprano register upper reaches as she angelic sings: Let the skies pour rain/On you, on you, on you. In one of the most triumphant and haunting moments of the song aside from Mandy's wonderous vocal runs on the chorus is the final seconds of the song, which are spoken. As the record comes to a close, Mandy says: "Now it's time for me to get off the ground/Dust off the dirt, can't let this push me around" - marking a closing of a chapter that has plagued Mandy for five years. In this song, Mandy Williams allows listeners to experience her resentment all the while letting it all off of her chest as she gets ready to release her long awaited album, Electrified, on January 4th.

I didn’t even hear it from you
I guess it’s partly what hurt the most
The feeling as you stab my heart
Two pieces that should never fall apart

I just assumed, that we were whole
The smiles were fake, and I didn’t know
I guess you didn’t care, you knew I loved you so

You were so unfaithful
Go and carry all the guilt
Do you even feel it?
The pain that you built?
You left a scar, on my heart, that took five years to heal
You can carry, the pain, let the skies pour rain

Let the skies pour rain,
On you, on you,
Let the skies pour rain
On you, on you, on you

I hope you can never get up
Do you know long it took for me
To gain the courage to leave my bed
And enter a world that seemed so dead

I just assumed, that we were whole
The smiles were fake, and I didn’t know
I guess you didn’t care, you knew I loved you so

You were so unfaithful
Do you even feel it?
The pain that you built?
Let the skies pour rain,
On you, on you,
Let the skies pour rain
On you, on you, on you

Oh I thought was so happy, I was in love
I was over the moon, I was in love
And then you changed it all
You let us crash and fall
You changed it all

You were so unfaithful
Do you even feel it?
The pain that you’ve built?
You were so unfaithful
Do you even feel it
The pain that you’ve built

Let the skies pour rain,
On you, on you,
Let the skies pour rain
On you, on you, on you

Spoken:
Now it's time for me to get off the ground
Dust off the dirt, can't let this push me around

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 03 January 2021 06:05:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/01/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 03/01/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2021(UTC), erich hess on 03/01/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 03/01/2021(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 27/01/2021(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 07/02/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 03 January 2021 06:52:09(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
Keshia Love: Yasss you tell them girl Yasssss Queen!!!! This has to be my favorite song of all time & Ooh i can't even say it but other than that it's good

Jin Dok: Mandy Mandy Mandy this song it already hit me & dang it i'm crying because the chorus got me right there in my heart so that was beautiful song!

OCC: I love it already
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 03 January 2021 14:51:18(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Keshia Love: Yasss you tell them girl Yasssss Queen!!!! This has to be my favorite song of all time & Ooh i can't even say it but other than that it's good

Jin Dok: Mandy Mandy Mandy this song it already hit me & dang it i'm crying because the chorus got me right there in my heart so that was beautiful song!

OCC: I love it already

Mandy: Thank Keshia and Jin! I’m glad that you connect with the music. It really means so much, thank you ❤️

OOC: Awwww thanks :) Mandy is one of my favorite characters so that means a lot!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 03/01/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 08 January 2021 02:18:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
OOC: Pretty much said it over on the album thread but this is one of my favourites on the album. I really love your writing on here. Paints a great picture and really makes me feel for poor Mandy. Fuck Deneil lol. It's such a tragic but beautiful track.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 10 January 2021 07:54:51(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Pretty much said it over on the album thread but this is one of my favourites on the album. I really love your writing on here. Paints a great picture and really makes me feel for poor Mandy. Fuck Deneil lol. It's such a tragic but beautiful track.

OOC: Thank you soooo much! It was important for me to drop a single that really paints a picture for people since many of the songs from the album were delved in pop beats. This one strips it back. I’m really glad you see that and appreciate all your support always x
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 31 January 2021 00:44:10(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Serenity: I haven't endured the pain of man in years but I remember how shitty they can be so I can send myself back to that time and feel the pain while listening to this song. I am so glad that you were able to get through all of that and make such a badass album and remind people that the loss of love or friendship or whatever isn't always the end and it's ultimately up to us to create our own endings and beginnings!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Atonic Records  
#7 Posted : 31 January 2021 17:15:11(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2278 time(s) in 613 post(s)
Medina: This song has me all choked up. I can feel your frustration through the lyrics. Such beautiful production and lyricism. My favorite verse is, "You left a scar, on my heart, that took five years to heal...You can carry, the pain, let the skies pour rain" this part is what really had me tearing up. 10/10 luv!
UserPostedImage
Offline RadioVine  
#8 Posted : 01 February 2021 07:30:58(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1064 time(s) in 342 post(s)
Radio: Fucking GOLD! I was just going though your album and I realized that you literally poured your emotion and pain into this project and this single. It’s very refreshing my darling to see someone who are so in tune with their emotions. This hit me so hard because I felt so much guilt in my life even when I was just looking out for myself or trying to love myself. Guilt is very hard to deal with and you dealt with it flawlessly. So so good Mandy!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#9 Posted : 07 February 2021 04:37:02(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: Love the single artwork, soundalike, lyrics and song description! Can we talk about all around slayage! Come TF through!

Edited by user 07 February 2021 04:42:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified