logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2021 12:42:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

OFFICIAL SINGLE ARTWORK: Features Silver Spoons photographed by Adam Jacobs.

Title: “Lick My Boot”
Artist: Silver Spoons
Album: Love in Danger
Release Date: Spring 2021
Length: 03:09 (Minutes:Seconds)
Formats: Digital Download, Streaming, Mainstream/Country Airplay
Recorded/Production: December - January 2020 at Yellow Leaf Studios Nashville, TN
Genres: Country (Hip-hop/Trap undertones)
Label: Studio60 Records
Written: December 2020
Writers: Silver Spoons
Producers: Silver Spoons

"Lick My Boot" is the lead single off Silver Spoon's upcoming studio album titled "Love in Danger" which is the last album set to be released under Studio 60 Records. The song which is written by Silver Spoons; marks Spoon's comeback to the genre of country in which he departed from with his album release "Man of Your Dreams" with his band Spoons. The song was also produced by Silver Spoons himself; marking it Spoon's first solo produced record debut. The song features assistance from guitarist "Robert" from the Spoons band.

The song is set to be released on January 29, 2021 as a surprise release to the fans. The song will be serviced by radios and will also be available on all streaming platforms and digital outlets. A music video for "Lick My Boot" was filmed on January 22, 2021 with Hannah Lux Davis serving as director. The music video is scheduled to premiere sometime in February to further promote the release of the song and album which is due late Spring 2021.

Early writing and production for the song began in December of 2020 but most of the mixing and post production was done in early January after the release schedule of "Man of Your Dreams". The song features a country production with trap-hip hop undertones. A style that is slowly starting to get praised from the country general public.

"My fans had no idea I was working on a country album and I told them to hang on tight because I had something planned but they had no idea I was giving them a full country album which in a way is a way of me saying thank you to them. I'm thinking back to my first album "Country Swagger" where I mixed hip-hop and country but I did it in a way that wasn't as obvious as "Lick My Boot". I always wanted it to be more present in the structure of the song and I was able to do that with this song. It's still mostly country though so I feel that my country fans will be pleased.

Lick My Boot is a country way of saying kiss my ass (laughs). I definitely wrote this song for anyone dealing with some type of break up in their life. It's a fun away to tell your ex to kiss your ass but it's also a song about acknowledging that you aren't perfect and sometimes things just don't work out. You have to keep it pushing." - Silver Spoons

"Lick My Boot" Official Lyrics

I got my bag but you got yours too
not carrying this baggage
I'm starting brand new
but it don't involve you
so don't feel amused
if you think this song is about you

Heartbreak is never fun but I'm having a blast
not the type to keep dwelling on my past
but you thought I would miss you
you thought I would beg for ya to come back
the only thing I'm begging
is for you to pack your bags
don't be such a ---
act like you're a grown
and get a pair or two
you're in my way
now watch me walk away
Lick my boot
you get the boot
Licking my boot
you get the boot

they tried to tell me, they tried to warn me
but I was blinded by you
my head stuck in the clouds
you did it for clout
Watch me rack up these miles on my new chevy
but my heart no longer weighs heavy
You're like a bad haircut but my hair will grow back
You're like a straw in a haysack,
you though I wouldn't bounce back

I'm not gonna lie
the pain didn't feel good when you stabbed me in the back
but wouldn't be the first and I'm sure it wouldn't be the last
I was built for this baby so go on ahead and get
watch me walk away; you can go lick my boot
Lickin' my boot (X5)

they tried to tell me, they tried to warn me
but I was blinded by you
Watch me rack up these miles on my new chevy
but my heart no longer weighs heavy
You're like a bad haircut but my hair will grow back
You're like a straw in a haysack,
you though I wouldn't bounce back

I was built for this baby so go on ahead and get
watch me walk away; you can go lick my boot
lickin'my boot
as you watch me walk away
lickin' my boot (x5)

oooh oooh oooh
lick it (laughs)

Sounds like:

Edited by user 05 February 2021 23:26:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 30/01/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/01/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/01/2021(UTC), erich hess on 30/01/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/01/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2021 14:10:51(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Mandy: Wow, this is a really honest song that I could relate to from when I was a certain point in my life. Releasing songs like this isn't easy and I really respect you being carefree and pouring your heart out. It took me years to feel comfortable enough to do that. You are a veteran of this music business and it's nice that you still are dropping music that's true to you. I love this :)

OOC: Nice work Daniel! The lyrics are really strong here. Also love that Silver Spoons makes country music. There's literally very few country acts on the forum so it's nice to see that silver has carved a lane for himself and is pushing the genre. reinvention snapped or nah? ;P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 30/01/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2021 14:44:58(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
David Dankworth: I love Lick My Boot & it remind me in my relationship so i'm applauding to you. Very interesting song to listen my friend.

OCC: Amazing job i mean i'm really impress with this lyric
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 30/01/2021(UTC)
#4 Posted : 31 January 2021 21:17:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Mandy: Wow, this is a really honest song that I could relate to from when I was a certain point in my life. Releasing songs like this isn't easy and I really respect you being carefree and pouring your heart out. It took me years to feel comfortable enough to do that. You are a veteran of this music business and it's nice that you still are dropping music that's true to you. I love this :)

OOC: Nice work Daniel! The lyrics are really strong here. Also love that Silver Spoons makes country music. There's literally very few country acts on the forum so it's nice to see that silver has carved a lane for himself and is pushing the genre. reinvention snapped or nah? ;P

Silver Spoon: Thank you Ms. Williams! Your new album is out of this world you deserve all the success and more! Country music is a genre you either love or you hate so it means a lot that people who work on other genres of music are enjoying my new song! It means a lot to me!

ooc: thank you 😊 I often think how did I make my first act a country artist lol when I didn’t even like country at first when I started on the forums lol But I honestly love writing songs like this because I don’t take myself too seriously and it’s fun to write! The end result always tends to be more satisfying for me! I’m also very happy with the twists and turns Spoons gone through in his journey with music. I think it’s one of a kind. Reviving him was the best decision I made hands down!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 02/02/2021(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#5 Posted : 01 February 2021 07:18:13(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1064 time(s) in 342 post(s)
Radio: What I love about you is that you stay true to your music and darling to be honest I don’t listen to country like that because it’s sad and it makes me cry but you are giving country music it’s momentum because of that voice and the music! I can’t wait to hear the album my love.
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 01/02/2021(UTC)
#6 Posted : 02 February 2021 00:13:18(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: RadioVine Go to Quoted Post
Radio: What I love about you is that you stay true to your music and darling to be honest I don’t listen to country like that because it’s sad and it makes me cry but you are giving country music it’s momentum because of that voice and the music! I can’t wait to hear the album my love.

Silver Spoons: Radio! Thank you! My goal is to please! I'm a man of pleasure ;) I'm happy to hear that you love it. Country music is my first love so that will never go away but it means a lot when non country music listeners appreciate my music that's always so humbling! I like to payback a compliment and say your new album is incredible! That voice!
#7 Posted : 02 February 2021 01:31:31(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
David Dankworth: I love Lick My Boot & it remind me in my relationship so i'm applauding to you. Very interesting song to listen my friend.

OCC: Amazing job i mean i'm really impress with this lyric

Silver Spoons: Thank you David ;)

OOC: Thank you!
2001clay on 02/02/2021(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 03 February 2021 08:09:22(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: I really shouldn't be surprised by song titles on here anymore but I was dying at seeing "Lick My Boot" pop up Laugh I really enjoy all that you've been doing with silver spoons!

Serenity: Another classic, you've been on a role honestly. I'm not the biggest country fan, I'll admit, but I think you add a little something to the pot that just makes it so hard to not listen. I seriously cannot wait for the album!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 03/02/2021(UTC)
#9 Posted : 04 February 2021 08:21:30(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I really shouldn't be surprised by song titles on here anymore but I was dying at seeing "Lick My Boot" pop up Laugh I really enjoy all that you've been doing with silver spoons!

Serenity: Another classic, you've been on a role honestly. I'm not the biggest country fan, I'll admit, but I think you add a little something to the pot that just makes it so hard to not listen. I seriously cannot wait for the album!

Silver Spoons: Thank you Serenity!

OOC: I honestly was hesitant on doing this song because I was like the song title is kind of crazy lol but then I thought with more reason I needed to do it; especially since this era of his will be more of a "bad boy image" lol but thank you so much! I can't wait to share some other songs I've bee working on for him :)
Offline BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 05 February 2021 05:36:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Billy: Country music isn't my thing in all honesty. I checked the song out because of the title. I thought; "FINALLY something I can relate to!". Anyway...enough about me and my kinks. I was surprised just how much I enjoyed this. Again, not to knock your talents, it's just that the genre itself isn't my thing. I was born and raised in inner city London. I didn't grow up hearing this sort of music. I have to say though, I really enjoy your writing style and your voice. From what I've heard of past songs and your band project, you're an incredibly versatile artist. Versatility is key. Also really enjoying this rough and tough vibe you have going on here. I'm partial to a bit of that.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 05/02/2021(UTC)
#11 Posted : 05 February 2021 08:29:29(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: Country music isn't my thing in all honesty. I checked the song out because of the title. I thought; "FINALLY something I can relate to!". Anyway...enough about me and my kinks. I was surprised just how much I enjoyed this. Again, not to knock your talents, it's just that the genre itself isn't my thing. I was born and raised in inner city London. I didn't grow up hearing this sort of music. I have to say though, I really enjoy your writing style and your voice. From what I've heard of past songs and your band project, you're an incredibly versatile artist. Versatility is key. Also really enjoying this rough and tough vibe you have going on here. I'm partial to a bit of that.

Silver Spoons: See its funny you mention that because everyone on Tik Tok is posting videos of them licking cowboy boots while they listen to my song. It's kind of interesting....But anyways. Oh Billy young man, I've watched your journey and I have so much respect for you. It's not easy being outspoken without getting nailed by this tough industry but you've managed to hold your own and that I respect. I will be honest I never heard any of your songs but I do know that you've made a huge impact in the music business. Keep going! But yeah as far as versatility in the bedroom I can be very versatile but you know that's a whole different topic! Thank you for your kind words anyways.
BrownSugar on 05/02/2021(UTC)