logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 13 February 2021 08:20:50(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist(s): Lincoln & Austin Nimmo
Title: Big Talk
Genre(s): Nu-Disco, Dance, Disco Rock
Length: 3:15
Writer: L.Keaton-Paria, S.Hollywood, O.Washington
Producer: The Wolverines
Label: Permanent Reminder
From The Album: TBA

Big Talk is a song recorded by British-Azeri singer Lincoln Keaton-Paria, known mononymously Lincoln, and American singer-songwriter Austin Nimmo. The song was released on February 12, 2021, after being announced by Lincoln via his Twitter page on the 4th. The singles serves as the third release from Lincoln's long-awaited forthcoming debut album which is set to be released in Spring 2021. It follows the multi-platinum "Bang The Drum" and "Light Me Up", both of which topped the charts. "Big Talk" was written by Lincoln alongside acclaimed songwriters, Orion Washington and Sara Hollywood. Hollywood also co-wrote Lincoln's previous single. Production of the track was handled by award-winning duo, The Wolverines, who also worked on "Light Me Up" alongside Lincoln and Sara. "Big Talk" is a sarcastic response to bullies and online trolls, especially incessant and obsessive ones who, despite claiming to hate someone, continuously mention them. The subject of the song was inspired by Lincoln's own experiences with online users mocking his intelligence and interfering in his relationship with actor Aaron Styles. The release of "Big Talk" also marks Austin Nimmo's first musical output since 2017's "Strength".

In January 2021, Lincoln took part in an Instagram live interview with MTV. While answering questions regarding his new music, Keaton-Paria stated that he worked with one of his "biggest idols" on an upcoming collaboration. This lead to a lot of speculation over the identity of the musician. Nimmo was revealed as the mystery collaborator on February 4th when the announcement of the single was made. It is rumoured that "Big Talk" originally featured Joshua Grimmie but for unknown reasons, he was removed from the track and replaced by Austin. If true, the choice would prove controversial due to Grimmie and Nimmo's feud over Joshua's relationship with Layla Sanchez, Austin's ex. The rumours, however, have neither been confirmed or denied. On collaborating with Austin, Lincoln had the following to say;

Lincoln wrote:
"Working with Austin was a dream come true! When I was younger, boys like him, Weekend and Kato really inspired me and made me feel like I really could make it as a singer. A lot of boys at my school made fun of me for being really into acting, singing and dancing when a lot of them preferred to play football and say bad words instead. Austin and his music made me really happy and gave me belief in myself. Having him on a song with me which talks about a lot of those nasty people really feels like a big circle moment...or whatever the saying is. It feels circle-y anyway. Because of the Corolla [sic] virus, I didn't actually get to meet and work with Austin in person but we had a couple of Zoom calls. I wrote the song but it really did feel like teamwork. He was really interested and offered suggestions. We really share the song. It is why it is "Lincoln AND Austin" and not just "featuring" because I feel like he put in so much work! I had the song already written but he was still really involved when it came to his part. He recorded his pieces in many different ways and we went back and forth with ad-libs. Even though it was all through a screen, he was super cool and nice! I really can't wait to perform it with him one day. I just know it will make me smile real big!"

"Big Talk" is a nu-disco, disco-rock and dance song, with glam rock and punk elements. It has a run-time of three minutes and fifteen seconds. Like Lincoln's previous material, the production of the song is heavily inspired by the pop music of past decades. "Big Talk" is a hybrid of the disco pop and punk rock sounds of the late 1970s and early 1980s. While still being rooted in pop music and containing a catchy melody, the prominent inclusion of electric guitars and powerful vocal performances give "Big Talk" a much "harsher" sound than Lincoln's previous releases, which sound more "polished" in comparison. The focus on live instrumentation also fuels the rumours of Joshua Grimmie's original inclusion due to the soundscape being akin to his album, "GOLDENHEART".

Critical reception of "Big Talk" has been positive, with the pop song receiving instant acclaim. Marcus Pembroke from NME praised the chemistry between Keaton and Nimmo, stating that they "compliment each other well" and highlighted the "well-proportioned" line distribution which sees them "gel together as a pop tour de force rather than a nasty competition for the spotlight." Suzie Raymond of Billboard remarked that Lincoln "brings something new" which each release while still retaining "his signature retro pop sound". She dubbed "Big Talk" a "grittier and more mature offering" and praised the "perfect crossover" of "Austin's honest, straight-forward deliveries and Lincoln's glamorous pop flare". Eric Gellar of Idolator branded the song as a "big middle finger wrapped up in shiny pop". Desmond Farrow from Consequence of Sound praised the lyrical content, opining; "Lincoln gets personal for the first time and shows us that there's more to him than radio-friendly pop tunes. He is self aware and taking inspiration from his life and surroundings." Farrow also remarked that, "With a pretty chaotic yet private life, Austin Nimmo is the perfect collaborator for this eff you anthem. Both mild-mannered boys finally say their piece and rock out yet somehow manage to remain classy with an A-List pop music flare."

"Big Talk"

Lincoln
Austin
Both

Na, na, hey, hey
Look at you all tough and superior
My special little keyboard warrior
Spouting about who can't walk that walk
But can you back up all that big talk?
Oh, you're driving me...

I heard some mumbling through the grapevine
That I'm not your favourite, no pal of mine
Slipped out as you put the world to rights
Sorry for weighing on your brilliant mind
I keep it hush if there's nothing nice to say
But it's clear that you don't play that way

I bet you can't get any sleep at night
Unless you've went and killed a vibe
Lucky I can swim 'cause you're just so deep
Lucky I stay out of what isn't for me

Na, na, hey, hey
Ready to trip those who walk the walk

Na, na, hey, hey
What a fascinating list of criteria
Bet that makes people feel real inferior
So straight up like 12 on the clock
But it's tick-ticking on, wrap up that big talk

Oh you're driving me...aye-eh-aye-aye-aye
Out of mind, aye-eh-aye-aye-aye
Aye-eh-aye-aye-aye
Aye-eh-aye-aye-aye

Must feel so good to get it off your chest
Read all about it, ladies and gents
An in-depth piece up on your WordPress
Thousands of characters on how I'm worthless
Finger on the pulse as the world spins 'round
But heavy is the head who wears the crown

I bet you can't get any sleep at night
Unless you've went and killed a vibe
Lucky I can swim 'cause you're just so deep
Lucky I stay out of what isn't for me

Na, na, hey, hey

Na, na, hey, hey

Pride comes right before the fall
Hold on tight, Mr Know-It-All
Big talking but I can't work it out
See, you words are just too high-brow

Na, na, hey, hey

Na, na, hey, hey

Oh you're driving me...aye-eh-aye-aye-aye
Out of mind, aye-eh-aye-aye-aye
Aye-eh-aye-aye-aye
Aye-eh-aye-aye-aye

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 11 October 2022 06:22:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 13/02/2021(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 13/02/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/02/2021(UTC), erich hess on 13/02/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 13/02/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 13/02/2021(UTC), kandii on 17/02/2021(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 13 February 2021 08:36:42(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Fangz: Hold my pussy lips! This shit is a bop! Love the whole idea of this. It's giving retro fever but in a good kind of way! It's crazy how this pandemic has flipped the script on how musicians work together to make a collaboration work but glad you guys worked it out! I can't even tell your parts were recorded separately cause the chemistry is definitely there. I hope no man's ego was hurt in the making of this song. Cause men are trash but you guys rock!

OOC: Love this! The soundalike is one of the best of her new album just hate the video personally lol. I also love "Night Crawling" and "Bad Karma". She was in her bag in those tracks. I also have been gravitating towards "Never Be Me"; which is weird because I'm not a fan of those kind of tracks but anywho great job with the execution of this soundalike with your PR :) I can see this being a real song in real life.

Edited by user 13 February 2021 08:37:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 13/02/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/02/2021(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 13 February 2021 09:53:37(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
Erica: whoop whoop

Nina: that's the sound of the punk police.

Erica: guys,do you know how fast you were not punk rocking back there? While this is great and all,I am going to have to issue you a citation.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 13/02/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#4 Posted : 13 February 2021 09:58:59(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
Lisa: Wow just wow wow wow wow wow!!!

Rina: AUSTIN NIMMO IS BACK!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Jasmine: Why are you screaming?

Rina: Because he is my biggest fan! OMG I been waiting to hear his voice all the day & this has to be it & i'm telling you is gold

Jasmine: Hmmm true but i'm not gonna lie I'm a huge fan of Lincoln music since i heard the song "Bang The Drum" on radio in 2016

Vanessa: You mean it gonna be Platinum Rina?

Rina: That what i'm meant Vanessa

Jasmine: Ok girls do you think we can get this song to number 1 on charts?

Girls all nod as agreed

iCandy: YES!!!!

OCC: I love what you did & i'm amaze from this! You blow me away :)

Edited by user 13 February 2021 11:02:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 13/02/2021(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 17 February 2021 01:53:19(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Not "corolla virus" Laugh Amazing job on the lyrics though, it flows together so naturally.

Anaísz: Lincoln, it's been so long since we talked!! I'm glad to see you still doing your thing. This is the dopest song for haters, I love it! I love the energy you both bring to the song too, it's one of the most craziest collabs because I don't think anyone expected a return from Mr. Austin Nimmo, iconic!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 17/02/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 19 February 2021 04:03:42(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Fangz: Hold my pussy lips! This shit is a bop! Love the whole idea of this. It's giving retro fever but in a good kind of way! It's crazy how this pandemic has flipped the script on how musicians work together to make a collaboration work but glad you guys worked it out! I can't even tell your parts were recorded separately cause the chemistry is definitely there. I hope no man's ego was hurt in the making of this song. Cause men are trash but you guys rock!

OOC: Love this! The soundalike is one of the best of her new album just hate the video personally lol. I also love "Night Crawling" and "Bad Karma". She was in her bag in those tracks. I also have been gravitating towards "Never Be Me"; which is weird because I'm not a fan of those kind of tracks but anywho great job with the execution of this soundalike with your PR :) I can see this being a real song in real life.

Lincoln: Hi Fangz! I love your name. It reminds me of a vampire and they are cool! I am glad you like the retro sound. My dad has a lot of old records from the 70s and 80s and I loved playing them when I was little. It is my favourite type of music and that is why I make songs like this! It was so fun working with Austin. Even though it was all through a screen he was super nice to me and really got involved when making the song. He's a real hard worker! :)

OOC: Thank you! I really love her album and I was so thankful when she dropped this song. I had been toying with the idea of a collaboration and brainstorming ideas for "Big Talk" for months and when "Prisoner" dropped, it gave me inspiration and totally fitted the throwback vibes I want for Lincoln, allowing me to finally finish it haha

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post

Erica: guys,do you know how fast you were not punk rocking back there? While this is great and all,I am going to have to issue you a citation.

Lincoln: Nooooo I don't want to go to jail! :(
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 19 February 2021 04:08:24(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Lisa: Wow just wow wow wow wow wow!!!

Rina: AUSTIN NIMMO IS BACK!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Jasmine: Why are you screaming?

Rina: Because he is my biggest fan! OMG I been waiting to hear his voice all the day & this has to be it & i'm telling you is gold

Jasmine: Hmmm true but i'm not gonna lie I'm a huge fan of Lincoln music since i heard the song "Bang The Drum" on radio in 2016

Vanessa: You mean it gonna be Platinum Rina?

Rina: That what i'm meant Vanessa

Jasmine: Ok girls do you think we can get this song to number 1 on charts?

Girls all nod as agreed

iCandy: YES!!!!

OCC: I love what you did & i'm amaze from this! You blow me away :)

Lincoln: Hiii girls! I am so happy to hear that you are fans of my music! I love hearing stuff like that. I like your songs too! Hope you enjoy the album when it comes!

OOC: Thank you lovely! :)

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Not "corolla virus" Laugh Amazing job on the lyrics though, it flows together so naturally.

Anaísz: Lincoln, it's been so long since we talked!! I'm glad to see you still doing your thing. This is the dopest song for haters, I love it! I love the energy you both bring to the song too, it's one of the most craziest collabs because I don't think anyone expected a return from Mr. Austin Nimmo, iconic!

Lincoln: Hi Anaísz! It has been soooooo long and I really miss you but I am glad to hear from you again and to see that you are alive and not dead :) Hehe, I think this is my favourite release so far because I got to tell people off for saying mean things about me online and I got to work with Mr. Austin who is one of my favourite singers ever!

OOC: He's very clued up on all things medical. Thank you so much! :)
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 19/02/2021(UTC)