logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 15 May 2021 05:54:47(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

UserPostedImage

Official Artwork

Artists: HEARTLESS, FANGZ
Title: When My Eyes Are Closed
Genre: K-pop, J-pop, Electro Pop, Bubblegum Pop, Trap
Languages: English (With some Korean)
Length: 3:59; 4:01
Writers: Daniel The Freenerd
Producer: Daniel The Freenerd
Album: TBA
Label: Hot Eye Records
Formats: Streaming, Digital Download, Airplay

“When My Eyes Are Closed” is the debut single from Japanese/Korean fusion pop group “HEARTLESS” (Styled in all capitals) featuring American singer FANGZ (Styled in all capitals) taken from their first studio album which is yet to be titled. The song is set to be released on May 14, 2021 through Hot Eye Records/Freenerd Management, respectively. The group secretly inked a deal with Freenerd Management and Hot Eye Records as part of a merge which will take place in June 2021. The band will be the first to represent the merge with the two labels. The song was written and produced by Daniel The Freenerd in Japan at a private undisclosed studio session with the individual group members. FANGZ expressed wanting involvement on the track when she heard the song at one of the Freenerd workshops. Her vocals were added with the group’s approval and likeness of the singer. The band has expressed that they will not be doing too many collaborations as they are already so many members in the group and they all offer an unique style but couldn’t turn down the interest from Fangz. The song’s music video was filmed in various Japan and Korean locations during the month of May 2021 to represent each individual group’s cultures, but the main themes would be about being young and falling in love. The music video was directed by Kenny Ortega and will feature elaborate choreography and immersive real-life sets.

“Our group is full of charm and spirit and that will be shown in the visuals but also we have FANGZ on this one. Fangz animated vocals really add a cute spin to the song and it’s kind of the perfect segway into what’s she’s doing next as well. I think FANGZ was the perfect vocal style for this song and we couldn’t have picked anyone else to be in it” – Seto Ohno (lead vocalist of “HEARTLESS”)

BACKGROUND / LYRICS/ PRODUCTION

The boys were originally discovered by award winning producer Daniel The Freenerd during a Freenerd Management workshop that took place in Japan in March 2020. While most of the group members know English, Korean born Jin Matsumoto only currently offers most verses in his native Korean language as he is taking English lessons to sing future verses in English. Matsumoto is born to a Korean father and Japanese mom but never learned English in his upbringing. Despite this, he will be heard doing back up vocals in English in some tracks. During “When My Eyes Are Closed”, Jin’s second rap verse is in complete English; something the singer struggled during the initial recording sessions.

“Each individual guy has their own unique backstory, and I really don’t want to be the spokesperson for their own individual stories, but I have to say it’s kind of crazy how all of these guys came together to form HEARTLESS. Literally more than a year in the making so I know these guys are ready to release some music and get to business. Their lucrative deal with provide them with all the resources to make this industry theirs and they are more than ready to do so. 10 years from now HEARTLESS will be know as one of the biggest pop groups of all time.” - Daniel The Freenerd [manager of “HEARTLESS”]

HEARTLESS will also be one of the first Japanese/Korean based bands to tackle the US market first to avoid the “crossover” label many Japanese and K-pop bands get when they hit the US market. While “When My Eyes Are Closed” is the first song to be officially released by the group it is not the first song to be recorded and released by the group. A song titled “Secret Weapon” was accidentally leaked to the internet in December 2020 but was pulled before it could pick up any momentum. Only a few listeners managed to snag the song but with copyright infringement; those listeners haven’t been able to spread the songs on any streaming platforms. The song is expected to have a future release and its rumored to be the follow up single to “When My Eyes Are Closed”.

The song is considered a fusion of Jpop/Kpop despite there being no Japanese lyrics in the song; some words are rapped in Korean by Jin. The song also explores the genres of pop and bubblegum pop thanks to the offerings of FANGZ lighthearted singing as well as most of the band mates. It also contains electropop elements as well as trap-pop during the rap verses. The songs lyrics mainly contain poetic and romantic like lines during its verses and choruses as the song is primarily about falling in love; and the feeling of uncertainty when falling in love. The song pays homage to the group’s youth and innocence.

“The song is about falling in love for the first time. Many of the feeling you get as it kind of rushes over you. It makes you questions so many things. I was thinking that when you kiss someone do you close your eyes because you are scared or because you are hiding something you may not want to see.”. – Suda Sakirai (2nd lead vocalist of “HEARTLESS”)

The song opens with lead singer Seto singing in a relaxed manner; he would be showing his stronger belting vocals later in the song especially during the final verse. The band is also slightly heard serving as back up vocalists during the “Oh yeahs”. Suda then picks up with the second verse with a lower like register bringing more warmth to the song; his lyrics are a bit more sensual and double meaning. The prechorus then begins with both Mino and Kuno exchanging lines and harmonizing together. They combine singing with a subtle trap singing style before the main chorus and hook begins. The group is now joined by FANGZ who sings the hook while everyone sings the chorus in a harmonious manner. During this chorus Seto Ohno’s voice is heard in a distorted like manner. Once the main chorus and hook come to an end; Jin’s Korean rap is introduced. He adds a bit of grit and swagger that the other boys haven’t showcased with their more polished vocals. As he raps, the beat of the song turns in a trap like beat matching the flow of Jin. Once the short rap comes to an end; the pre-chorus provided by Mino and Kuno is heard once more which lead to the chorus which is primarily now sung only by FANGZ. The rest of group now serve as back up vocalists to her. Once the second chorus comes to an end Jin is heard rapping once more this time in English. His rhymes becoming cleverer but also nursery like which leads to the final chorus and hook which is now sung by Seto. During this final section of the song Seto is heard showing off his stronger vocals and belts which wasn’t originally heard on previous choruses.

“WHEN MY EYES ARE CLOSED" (Lyrics)

SETO OHNO (intro/1st Verse)

Feels like the beat is coming out my chest
You’ve got me (oh yeah oh yeah, oh yeah yeah)
Finding you was like opening a treasure chest
You’re shining (oh yeah oh yeah, oh yeah yeah)

SUDA SAKURAI (2nd Verse)

You’re like a scripture
And I want to read ya… everyday yeah
Come be my preacher
You know I’ll attend your service
But your love, your touch
Got me losing my mind

MINO AIBA & KUNO NINOMIYA (pre-chorus)

Pretty, sexy, model lady
You know I hate to see you cry
(tears fall down your cheek, I’ll be there to wipe them)
Funny, loving, caring lady
Your beauty is so divine
I think, I think she’s making me fall in love

FANGZ, ALL (main chorus & hook)

Oh boy boy boy, oh boy boy boy
You’ve got my heart beating so fast
Feels like its coming out my chest
Oh boy boy boy, oh boy boy boy
Your kiss draws me in deep into your soul
Even when my eyes are closed
Oh ah, oh ah, oh ah, oh ah
Love me a little longer
Can you help, help me decide
We’re not getting any younger

JIN MATSUMOTO (Korean Rap translated)

Your love pulls me back and forth (oh)
Having therapy sessions with myself (yeah)
Feels like I’m losing all control
Keeps taking over by your force (Aye)
The way your lips feels on mine
The way your skin looks so fine

Feels like I’m losing control
I think I found the one
Oh no
Feels Like I’m losing control
But I think I found the one
Oh no
But something in my heads keep telling me otherwise
And now….

ALL
I Can’t decide!

MINO AIBA & KUNO NINOMIYA (pre-chorus) (With Korean language)

Pretty, sexy, model lady
You know I hate to see you cry
(tears fall down your cheek, I’ll be there to wipe them)
Funny, loving, caring lady
Your beauty is so divine
I think, I think she’s making me fall in love

FANGZ, ALL (main chorus & hook)

Oh boy boy-boy, oh boy-boy-boy
You’ve got my heart beating so fast
Feels like its coming out my chest
Oh boy-boy-boy, oh boy-boy-boy
Love me a little longer (A little longer)
Can you help, help me decide
We’re not getting any younger

JIN MATSUMOTO (Korean Rap; English)

Seeking out love in the darkest of places
All they see is demons when all I see is faces
If only they could hear the way my heart races
Hit a home run but I’m just covering all the bases

You keep playing chess with my chest
Don’t know if I should make my next move
can you really help me decide?
No?
Freenerd! JIN!

SETO OHNO (With Heartless/Fangz)

Oh girl-girl-girl, oh girl-girl-girl
You’ve got my heart beating so fast (FAST!)
Feels like it’s coming out my chest
Oh boy-boy-boy, oh boy-boy-boy (OH GIRL!)
Even when my eyes are closed (EYES ARE CLOSED!)
love you a little longer (A little longer)
Can you help, can you help me decide
We’re not getting any younger (OOH, OOH)

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 15 May 2021 07:57:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 15/05/2021(UTC), erich hess on 15/05/2021(UTC), chaotic_princess on 15/05/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 15/05/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 15/05/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/05/2021(UTC), RadioVine on 22/05/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 09/06/2021(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 15 May 2021 08:56:20(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
Erich: kpop scares me. Ever since announcing the category at the fca's,I feel it is after me. As a genre this has cost me many hours sleep and this heartless is not helping
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 15/05/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#3 Posted : 17 May 2021 02:39:50(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
Malian: Ah! Guys I really love your song I mean it has some bop & I was just blown away already

Edited by user 17 May 2021 02:40:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 17/05/2021(UTC)
#4 Posted : 17 May 2021 02:41:09(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: kpop scares me. Ever since announcing the category at the fca's,I feel it is after me. As a genre this has cost me many hours sleep and this heartless is not helping

Seto: Oh Mr. Erich we no mean to disrespect we are so honor you gave us a listen! 😊 Please get some sleep sir 🥺

Suda: The Atomic Bride guy gave us a listen!

Mino: Suda I don’t think he’s a part of that! Stop embarrassing us!

Kuno: Mr. Sparrow we honor!

Jin: 에드워드 가위 손? 😱

Edited by user 17 May 2021 02:41:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 19 May 2021 12:52:27(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Billy: You guys are all fucking beautiful. Too beautiful. I may have to lean into the white side of my DNA and write a letter about it. I fear my Sexiest Male FCA is about to be snatched from me and I'm not happy about it one bit. Pending lawsuit aside, this song is also catchy as fuck. Really love the fusion of you all and Fangz in the chorus. That combination really takes it up a notch and sends it into anthemic territory. Wonderful.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 19/05/2021(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#6 Posted : 20 May 2021 11:09:36(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: Regardless of language barriers or even genres I'm not incredibly familiar with, it's easy to see that you five are a talented group that will only thrive in the current wave of K-Pop and J-Pop that has found popularity outside of their home markets. Albeit, it was a tad bit strange to hear Fangz on a more... "normal" sounding track, so to speak. The vibe she brings here works in bringing it all together.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 20/05/2021(UTC)
#7 Posted : 07 June 2021 05:47:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: Regardless of language barriers or even genres I'm not incredibly familiar with, it's easy to see that you five are a talented group that will only thrive in the current wave of K-Pop and J-Pop that has found popularity outside of their home markets. Albeit, it was a tad bit strange to hear Fangz on a more... "normal" sounding track, so to speak. The vibe she brings here works in bringing it all together.

Fangz: Thank you Zaddy Ryan

***HEARTLESS collectively***

OH.MY.GOD!!!! 😱😱😱😱