logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 07 June 2021 11:03:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Artist: BYS
Title: "Mind Games"
Release Date: June 6th, 2021
Genre: K-Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B
Record Label: Dahlhouse Entertainment
Songwriters: Mae Na Geum, Kyle Liu, Ye-Jun Sung,
Lee Yung, Ha Sebin, Lee Jae-min
Producers: Kenzi
From The Mini Album: Damage Control (2021)

"Mind Games" is an official single release by Korean boyband "BYS" released on June 6th, 2021 as a single release from their upcoming mini album entitled "Mind Games". "Mind Games" also marks the official comeback of BYS, following their single "All Over U" which reached #2 on Chart Heat following it's week of release. The record itself was produced by Korean producer Kenzie and was written by Mae Na Geum, Kyle Liu, Ye-Jun Sung, Lee Yung, Ha Sebin and Lee Jae-min. The record has a subject about a love interest constantly playing mind games with the other, using different ways to mess with their head and keep them at the edge of their seat, all with the thought in mind that they'll still have them back at the end of the day. This record marks the first record released by BYS since they formed by Dahlhouse Entertainment in 2017.

The formation of BYS is an interesting one. The group, which comes out of Seoul, South Korea was put together by Anniken Dahl Smith after a international search for the next big boyband. The search lasted a little more than a year as the DahlHouse team scoured Asia in hopes of finding mainstays for this new boyband. After the search was over, the official announcement of BYS was made in the summer of 2016 as a seven member band, and the very first k-pop all male group in our industry. After the groups members were signed and the announcement was made via the Dahlhouse website, the boys began training in different areas for their debut. Shortly after, promotional videos were unveiled to the general public, highlighting each of the bandmembers to really give an insight into the BYS members. Following promotional videos of the boys, "All Over U" artwork was posted on their new website.

Followed by the songs official release, their debut, which highlighted their skill as a rap and singing group, delved into Trap-Pop and was an instant success. Coming in at #2 on Chart Heat. Following the release of All Over U, BYS have gained a devoted online fanbase despite just debuting. Following the release of All Over U, the group went quiet after announcing that they were working on their debut mini album. As this unofficial hiatus went on, some feared that the group was broken up unofficially. These rumors' were laid to rest when the groups lead rapper, Mark, took part in the I Wanna Dance Challenge in 2020, announcing that the group was working hard for their next comeback. This caused speculation that a comeback was immanent, causing fans to get extremely excited about the thought of a comeback. Following that, the groups leader Lee Yung, took part in reality show La Isla, although Lee Yung didn't mention the group on the show it still kept fans hopes up that a comeback was on the way at some point.

The band's website was officially relaunched in 2021 but shortly after, Kyle released his solo record some of the members went on to do their own things aside from the group. The group's lead rapper Kyle, released his solo record "Tokyo Street Life" in March of 2021, which went on to achieve moderate success on the chart, peaking at #7. With the inclination of solo work by Kyle, this caused fans to believe that the group was breaking up or that Kyle was leaving the group. However, these new rumors were once again laid the rest in early June when the band officially announced their comeback record via twitter, unveiling "Mind Games" as the official single from their mini album Damage Control. Along with the post, the dropped the official artwork to the song causing fans to go into a frenzy of excitement. That same day, BYS unveiled the artwork to "Damage Control" adding on a tentative release date of July 2021. The next day BYS released the group teaser on twitter which sees all the boys together. The teaser clip reached over a 2 million few in less than a day, proving that the hype of BYS has not gone stagnant since their time away from the spotlight as a group. In the teaser, it also was revealed that the song would be released on June 6th.

"Mind Games" is a track with firm roots in Hip Hop. The record's production is quite refreshing and addictive, with it's booming bass and dramatic, catchy chorus. The songs use of bass also helps make the song 'pack a punch' as the bass drives the song forward and adds extra emphasis to the pre-chorus, chorus and the lyrics. It's this that easily makes he song get engraved in your head and to top it all off, there is a dramatic piano piece that appears at the end of the bridge and also incorporated into the first section of the final chorus. It's these blends, coupled with the vocal performances by the members that makes this track stand out for BYS, who are looking to make a statement with their first record since their debut. During the songs opening moments, the chant like "These mind games" is chanted by the songs main vocalist "Jaemin" before the song breaks into a pounding backing beat, coupled with thick bass and zipping synths. Here, the bands leader Lee Yung takes the song away with this proclaiming voice, as he opens up about a loved one who is problematic. Lee Yung mastery of "rap-singing", allows him to make the song feel hypnotic and all the more catchy. Jaemin then sings the second part of the beginning, bringing in his smooth, higher registered vocals, followed by mark who sings the next part of the record before it fades into the pre-hook which is the repeat of the opening lines of the track before the song breaks into a synth heavy-hip hop infused chorus. The record has interesting melodies to show off vocal flair throughout the record. The groups vocalist Joon, sings the piano driven bridge, showing off his vocal range, and emotion to the lyrics before the song breaks into it's rap verse, by the uber talented Kyle, but the song reaches it's very final chorus, which sounds bigger than the previous ones before the song comes to an end.

LYRIC COLOR KEY
(From left to right)

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

LEEYUNG JAEMIN JOON RAE DANNY
KYLE KIM

ALL

MIND GAMES

You keep buildin' me up
Buildin' me up
Just to tear me down
Tear me down
You keep buildin' me up
Buildin' me up
Just to tear me down
Tear me down

It's my mind
But you take it as your own baby
Your own little toy leaving me feeling so alone, baby
I can't stand this feeling of not knowing what's in store, baby
Cause when it comes to you, comes to you baby?
My heart's never left a bore baby, left a bore baby
[/b]

You build me up, then tear me down
Wanna be friends just to keep me around
That ain't the end, that ain't the end
You tried to tease me with my own best friend

You have me hooked in line on the bait
You have people questioning their faith
Are we to be or are we not to be?
Do you really care or like the misery
Sometimes I feel this not meant for me
But the pretty eyes and smooth words
That deadly chemistry

You keep buildin' me up
Buildin' me up
Just to tear me down
Tear me down
You keep buildin' me up
Buildin' me up
Just to tear me down
Tear me down

Baby, baby you and your mind games
You got me chasing you and it's a shame
And I wish that I could give you up
But you got me glued and I'm feeling so stuck
(Whoa-oh, Whoa-oh)
You know you got me and it's a shame
But you're such a star and I'm feelin' struck
(Whoa-oh, Whoa-oh)
(Whoa-oh, Whoa-oh)

As this goes on longer and longer, baby
Your power over me just builds stronger and stronger baby
I try to put a smile on for me, and for you
But who knows why I do, I just do

It's cause I'm in love like a fool, like a fool
And I wanted a challenge where it was me versus you
Now I'm losing this duel, losing this duel
Somebody throw in the towel, throw in the towel

You told him make me jealous
(Don't know why)
It drove me wild and crazy
(That's my guy)
They say you want me badly
(Couldn't ever tell)
And I would take would gladly

(You just crave for me to yell)

You have me hooked in line on the bait
You have people questioning their faith
Are we to be or are we not to be?
Do you really care or like the misery
Sometimes I feel this not meant for me
But the pretty eyes and smooth words
That deadly chemistry

You keep buildin' me up
Buildin' me up
Just to tear me down
Tear me down
You keep buildin' me up
Buildin' me up
Just to tear me down
Tear me down

You got me chasing you and it's a shame
But you got me glued and I'm feeling so stuck
(Whoa-oh, Whoa-oh)
You know you got me and it's a shame
But you're such a star and I'm feelin' struck
(Whoa-oh, Whoa-oh)
(Whoa-oh, Whoa-oh)

I'm about to give up on this,
I'm scared if I gave you my heart it would be a miss,
I don't want this to be a mind game
I don't want to think
I don't want this to be
I'm just trying to make us a forever lasting alchemy

Girl take a second, realize
What you got, a grand prize
If you ever in some trouble
Say my name and I arrive
Don't you mess with a good thing
Tie me down with puppet string
Take my heart have it sing
Only after it's in a sling
Second to no one, under the morning sun
This old school gangsta, Tommy gun
You Bonnie I'm Clyde and together we both ride
I want you in my corner not so I could get blindside

You keep buildin' me up
Buildin' me up
Just to tear me down
Tear me down
You keep buildin' me up
Buildin' me up
Just to tear me down
Tear me down

It's my mind
But you take it as your own baby
Your own little toy leaving me feeling so alone baby
I can't stand this feeling of not knowing what's in store baby
Cause when it comes to you, comes to you baby?
My heart's never left a bore baby, left a bore baby

Sounds Like

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 07/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 07/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 07/06/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 07/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 09/06/2021(UTC), kandii on 14/06/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 07 June 2021 11:15:57(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3543 time(s) in 1268 post(s)
Sophia Delaney: AAAAHHH!!!! BYS i'm a so huge huge fan for since your debut also i have been waiting for you guys to release Mind Games & thank you guys for making my days!!!!

Slim Money: Aye your song is dope so whatever is ya doing make sure you stay grinding.

OCC: Love the artwork, song & everything is superb so great job.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 07/06/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 08 June 2021 03:55:59(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Sophia Delaney: AAAAHHH!!!! BYS i'm a so huge huge fan for since your debut also i have been waiting for you guys to release Mind Games & thank you guys for making my days!!!!

Slim Money: Aye your song is dope so whatever is ya doing make sure you stay grinding.

OCC: Love the artwork, song & everything is superb so great job.

Lee Yung: @Sophia Delaney So glad you are enjoying the new music and supporting. Thank you!

Danny: @SlimMoney. Yo! I’m a big fan of yours. Thanks for the love :)

OOC: Thanks for the kind words :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 08/06/2021(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#4 Posted : 08 June 2021 21:01:23(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Yumi: This is so good and different from anything that is out there right now!! I love it. It's definitly on repeat for the summer!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 09 June 2021 01:12:41(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
Maliah: Man, I just know you guys were buying your time. You've already got a monster hit under your belt, but I know this ones even gonna go above and beyond "All Over U" and the timing couldn't be more perfect for you guys to become the phenomenon I know you will become. I will say that this comes with a little bias become I'm madly in love with you all, but we all know K-Pop has been bubbling up for a while now and is finally exploding in this industry. You've made one of the catchiest tracks I've heard in a long time and subsequently made a supposedly professional presenter a complete fangirling mess.
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 12 June 2021 02:06:50(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Billy: K-Pop groups have been bubbling for a while and like I predicted, there's an influx of them sprouting up and out all over the industry. Not to knock any of their talents but it's clear that many labels are seeing this "trend" and milking it, pumping out interchangeable acts for a quick hit or two. With BYS however, it's clear you all take this seriously. You've been away buying your time, perfecting your craft and working hard to make sure everything is airtight. Mad respect for that. This song is fucking immense. Danny is the best one.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 12/06/2021(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#7 Posted : 12 June 2021 15:05:31(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: 2021 may be the year of collaborations but K-Pop is still holding strong and its act are continuing to produce some fantastic, standout singles. BYS has such an interesting dynamic between its members and what each brings to the table that makes them unique throughout a track. There's personality behind it rather than just pretty visuals and clean production. I have no idea how the trainee process is and it sounds intense, but it appears as if the hard work is paying off for you all. Congratulations on a brilliant single that weaves between genres.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 13/06/2021(UTC)