logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 30 April 2021 18:53:33(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: June 13th, 2021
Recorded: 2016-2021; Seoul, New York City, Los Angeles
Genre: Pop, EDM, K-Pop
Label: Five Pesky Kids, Dahlhouse Entertainment
Producer: Misu (exec.), inZane, GogoGigi, Flame 1&2, FancyÑ, DrewWB

Law of Time and Space

Law of Time and Space is the debut solo extended play by Korean singer Misu. The record was released on June 13th, 2021 by Five Pesky Kids with additional support from Dahlhouse Entertainment. During the recording of Mi•Mi's third studio album "When I Grow Up" (2021), the group announced that they would be disbanding due to label issues and were producing solo projects to be released immediately after their final album. Recording sessions for the EP took place from October 2016 to March 2021 at several studios around the world. As executive producer of the album, Misu took a wider role in its production, writing all of the songs with minimal help, choosing the direction of production, and sharing ideas on the mixing and mastering of tracks.

Although Misu is not known for being open about her personal relationships, the project explores the topic of love like never before. Playing on the name of the project, the EP is full of songs about time, space, and even the fate of the stars playing a role in a relationship's outcome. The extended play features dance-pop tracks all with lingering elements of EDM accompanied by electro-beats and strong spacey vocals. It is to be noted that sonically, Misu strays even further away from what would be considered K-pop music, insiders reporting that management quietly wants Misu to become a Pop force in the western market. This is the opposite of the direction her twin brother Dae Ho Park is taking, whose debut album "Crash Course Dummy" featured western styles of music but still managed to cater to the K-pop genre with its lead singles.

After spending almost a decade in Mi•Mi as the lead singer, fans have been waiting patiently for Misu's solo debut. Releasing one-off tracks throughout the years, Misu's official debut single "Fade Away" was released on July 23rd, 2017, and debuted #1 on the charts after her appearance on Celebrity Big Brother. Earlier that year, Misu posted the song "This Time" featuring Kyle of BYS on Soundcloud in February 2017. Both songs make an appearance on the mini-album, fitting the theme perfectly. It is said that Misu had originally begun sessions for a full-length album but decided against it once management came up with a better plan that would benefit all 4 of the former members of Mi•Mi. Her solo track "Bird Set Free" from Mi•Mi's final album "When I Grow Up" is also featured as a bonus track on the project.

What stands out most to critics about Misu's first body of work is her excellent vocal performance. In just 7 tracks, Misu successfully shows off her vocal profile where she is described as a Light lyric Soprano with 4 octaves and a whole step, approximately D3 – B5 – E7. A reviewer from Sputnikmusic says, "Listening to 'Law of Time and Space' is like listening to the inner workings of a galaxy and realizing Misu's gorgeous vocals is doing all the heavy lifting." The A.V. Club's Annie Zaleski writes in conclusion that the mini-album "is an effortless leap forward on which Misu comes into her own as a vocalist and performer."

Track listing

1. Law of Time & Space
2. Hold Me
3. This Time ft. Kyle
4. If He Says So
5. S P A C E
6. Fade Away
7. Bird Set Free (Gravity Remix)

Total length: 24:40

Edited by user 13 June 2021 21:31:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 30/04/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 30/04/2021(UTC), erich hess on 30/04/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/04/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/05/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 02/05/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 04/05/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/07/2021(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2021 01:52:13(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 4:20
Genre: EDM, Synth-pop
Written by: Mi Sun Kim, Yasmine Kiambang
Produced by: inZane

Law of Time and Space is the first song on the mini-album and also happens to be the title track. It opens up the project dramatically, the darker production matched with an unforgettable vocal performance sets a high standard for what is to come for listeners.

The song was written and recorded initially in 2017 by Mi Sun Kim with a few revisions made to it during more recent sessions thanks to the help of Malaysian singer-songwriter Yasmine Kiambang. Production is handled by inZane who does a great job of making the music feel as if 2 lovers are tumbling uncontrollably through deep space, fighting to hold on to one another while the force of gravity overpowers their love. The beat plays on the theme of space and time with reverbed keys playing as the backbone of the verses which are accompanied by a metronome that reminds one of the sounds a clock makes when it tik-toks. This hesitant build-up leads to an array of dark spacey synths that swallow the song whole and creates an electrifying atmosphere. The only way to describe this sonic experience is to compare it to what one would assume getting sucked up by a black hole and traveling through its exhilarating vortex would sound like. Lol.

Misu sings about a relationship that is falling apart and uses the breathtaking track to be direct with her partner about wanting to break up and call it quits. She implies that they've taken breaks from the relationship before but the situation hasn't improved and has become more painful than beneficial for the both of them. Her voice gives a riveting performance of the emotions displayed in the lyrics, the highlight of the song definitely being the chorus where she powerfully belts out every word. In the final chorus especially, Misu takes it up a notch as she harmonizes with herself and this breakthrough moment leads to an incredible outro where she pushes her falsetto all the way up to the notes F5 - Eb6, a stunning feat that shows just how much of a masterclass vocalist Misu has been trained to be all her life.

Albert Einstein is known as a historical figure thanks to his thoughts on the "laws of time and space" where philosophers and scientists alike discuss the illusion of time where many believe the concept of time is relative meaning the rate at which time passes is based on your frame of reference. Things like the mass of objects and the space that exists between them can alter this reference and in a way, creates a different timeline unique to the interacting objects. Misu uses the title, Law of Time and Space, to explain to the partner that the more physical time and space that exists between them, the more the two emotionally grow apart and no longer share linear experiences with each other. Due to this irreversible barrier, she knows that because of their history it will take a lot of time and space before they could just completely forget each other and the things they've felt but she asks her partner to "break the laws of time and space", her way of saying that she wants to fast-forward through the break-up process. It is said people break up in stages which include denial, anger, bargaining, and depression. She wants to skip through the pain that comes with those stages, almost as if she's longing to travel to a period of time in the future where they are already healed and ready to move on.

Misu

I just want to keep you from hurting
You just want to keep me near
There's love out there and we all deserve it
I don't think there's any left here
No, I don't think there's any love here
You want to make me feel the same
I just think it's time we forget
Used to believe there would never be an ending
So I know for sure you'll grow out of it
Hoping you'll grow out of it

I don’t know how I feel, time is ticking away
I don’t know if you’ll heal, we're slipping through space
Don't you wanna skip through it all?
Baby, let's break the law, law, law
Rush through the pain before it leaves us cornered
Rush through the days where memories feel like torture
Should just fast forward through it all

You always wanted me to be selfish
Hate how I put the world first
I think, "maybe if I start to hate him..."
But we both know it would never work
Really thought we would work
Guess that's the law of time and space
Nothing even feels the same
Insane to put us through this pain
Another break and I'll break
Rip off the bandaid

I don’t know how I feel, time is ticking away
Rush through the pain before it leaves us cornered
Rush through the days where memories feel like torture

Oh, oh
Baby let's break it off, off, off
Baby let's break it off, off, off
Let's..break..the..law, oh!
Baby, let's break it off
It’s the law of time and space
Nothing even feels the same
Insane to put you through this pain
Another break and I'll breaaak!
Let's beat time at it's own game

I don’t know how I feel, time is ticking away (I don't know how I feel, oh!)
Rush through the pain before it leaves us cornered (cornered)
Rush through the days where (memories feel like torture)

Oh, oh
Baby let's break it off
Baby let's break it off
Ooh...
Baby, let's break it off
2001clay on 04/05/2021(UTC), erich hess on 04/05/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 04/05/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 04/05/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/05/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/05/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/05/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/07/2021(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 02 June 2021 18:03:43(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:24
Genre: K-pop, EDM, Tropical R&B
Written by: Mi Sun Kim, Airemese Smith
Produced by: Flame 1&2

Hold Me is the second track to appear on Law of Time and Space. After a breathtaking opener, Hold Me follows up with what feels like a cool summer breeze.

Written in 2016 by Mi Sun Kim and Airemese Smith, this track was finalized years ago and has not been touched since. Once considered for release as a single, Hold Me is one of Misu's personal favorites from the project. The song is produced by the uptempo pop production duo, Flame 1&2. They bring a noisy pop flare to the EDM track that at first feels laidback but then stumbles into a tropical EDM breakdown. Though it's still very much a K-pop track, Hold Me easily reminds the listener of a West Coast R&B-Pop vibe similar to that of Kid Ink, Chris Brown, Natalie La Rose and etc.

In this song, Misu sings about finding love even when the world around them feels bleak and full of suffering. It is said that the writing behind Hold Me is politically charged, with lyrics hinting at the world "growing mad". This track was made during the first year of controversial madman Donald J Trump's first year serving as the President of the United States. As an Asian immigrant, Mi Sun Kim has always opposed the xenophobic celebrity-turned-politician. Though today he is no longer the leader of the free world, it's easy to put oneself in the mindset of Misu from 2016 who, like the rest of us, had to stand by as the President of the United States of America set flames to the order of the world.

A pulsating piano creates the foundation of a soft melody, complete with snaps, claps and an electronic TR-808 giving the song that L.A. hip hop vibe. This all builds up to the EDM beat drop that honestly feels more like a relaxing wave overcoming the track. It is carried by melodic pitched vocals and a drum machine. There's a sense of vulnerability here, stemming from the fact that in a time of collective hate, what the individual really craves is love. Misu's voice just works in this song. Her approacher is softer than usual and it's not overly powerful nor strong and yet the song feels complete. She clearly isn't worried about showing off her vocal range here, she let's the vibe speak for itself.

Misu
Pitched voice

It's true, the world has grown mad
I need more than a distraction
They've been trying but my head's a thousand places at once
You came and showed me a desire I never knew I'd want
Eventually, we all fade away
In your arms, I don't even wanna stay
It's an outer body experience, it's an escape
Sometimes our feelings are so deep that they become our graves

You bury me in waves of ecstacy
You always pull me under, got me on my knees
You give me life with love that lasts 'til I can't breathe
Watch the sun set in chaos, end it all at peace
Hold me...

[Wavy beat drop]

[(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
I want you, I need you, I'm gone
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)

It's true, the sun has lost it's spark
You see who's really there for you when it's all gone dark
I bite down til I turn blue, waiting for the right thing to say
It never comes to me, it never comes to me
But here you come, Bruce Wayne on his nightshift
I wanna know how you know how I like it
Noticed your sounds come without lightning
But when you say it like that, of course I buy it
Show me your soul just in case I have to find it
I lose myself and pull you closer to my side
Your love is the light
I'm going under this time

You bury me in waves of ecstacy
You always pull me under, got me on my knees
You give me life with love that lasts 'til I can't breathe
Watch the sun set in chaos, end it all at peace
Hold me...

[Wavy beat drop]

(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)
(Hold me, h-hold me)

Edited by user 03 June 2021 19:20:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2001clay on 02/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 02/06/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 02/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 02/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 02/06/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 02/06/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/07/2021(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 07 June 2021 04:28:36(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:15
Genre: K-pop, EDM
Written by: Mi Sun Kim, Kyle of BYS
Produced by: Flame 1&2, FancyÑ

The third song from Law of Time and Space is This Time which stands as the only uptempo song on the project. It's one of the tracks die-hard fans have heard long before its official release, first posted on Soundcloud in 2017 as a Valentine's Day gift to Misu's fans.

This Time is produced by the pop production duo Flame 1&2 in collaboration with FancyÑ. The song is a K-Pop track carried by it's energetic EDM sound and it was written in 2017 by Mi Sun Kim and Kyle who is known as the rapper from the popular K-pop boy group, BYS. This Time can easily be described as radio-friendly with bouncy bass synths and an uplifting melody. Misu's voice sounds sweet like candy on this track, while Kyle delivers a solid verse over a rock-solid foundation of sub bass and a lurching, percussive pluck. While Misu's voice carries over the entire song, Kyle showcases his strong rapping skills with ease.

Here, Misu puts faith in a past lover, declaring that "this time" will be different from the last. She describes the past conditions of their toxic love and combined with a tempo that makes your heart race, it all feels like a rush of adrenaline for her. Though she takes a naive approach to the situation, the confidence in her voice makes the listener feel as if maybe she wants the extra dose of chaos back.

Misu is not a singer who's known for drawing attention to her personal love life. In fact, on many occasions, the artist has joked about it being "non-existent" and has insinuated that she does not date much at all. After spending the last 8-9 years of her life working overtime in the public eye for the K-Pop girl group Mi•Mi, it's believable that she may not have as much relationship experience as her music lets on. Still, the talented singer conveys emotion so well through her voice with the kind of conviction that's strong enough to convince the listener she's been through it all.

Misu
Kyle

When I thought my time was running short, lost causes I just wouldn't pursue
But since living a thousand lives, I wouldn't mind wasting one on you
I've seen the whole world and nothing's came close to your bedroom view
No mountain or plane could lift me the way that you do
The memories of us may stain my conscious, but my heart will never find ease
I'll turn my head and hope for the best as I feel your teeth sink

Eyes wide shut, now's your chance to leave me paralyzed
You're the poison in my wine
When dawn fades to dusk, I pray to live before I'm afraid to die
I want to love, not just survive
I'll speak, I'll think, I'll breathe you
Close my eyes and for a second, believe in you
You destroyed me and I apologized
Who's to say that'll happen this time?

This time
This time
This time
This time

Fake it til I make it, I play the hand given very well
Admit it, it's lit, the things we're doing in our private cell
I want you, I have you, get you falling deeper than the bottom of hell
This here is trill, this here it's real, let see how fast we can both sail
Addicted to you and your sounds you give when I put it down
Go ahead and paint town, I am a king and you are my crown
I'm only around when I want release from stress
You keep coming back when I push you away
I lie through it all, just so I can impress
Wanted to leave is more the reason to stay
Squad is on deck, Your time here is set
Let's make the most of what we can do
No time to dwell, time to excel
better catch up or be stuck with that L
Never catch me as the suspect
I'm the master of Clue
Time is now, life is short
Trying to see what it do

Don't you want me? Don't you know that's a start?
I hope the sky doesn't get too lonely, I think I stole me a star
Don't you know me? I'm a sucker for you
You like to play with my love and I play along because I hate to lose

One good time is all it takes to reel me in
Be the sin to my temptation
When the sun sets, someone else will get the chance to shine
I hope it's us this time

Who's to say that'll happen this time?

This time
This time
This time
This time

I hate a dog but there's just something about a snake
My baby's got no spine and in that way, we're the same
If he says so, you're wrong
If he thinks it, it will be
I fear that I'm his
He knows he's got me
Yearn for stability, dream of change
You can have it all but first, let me look away

Who's to say that'll happen this time

thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 07/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 07/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 07/06/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/06/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 07/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 19/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/07/2021(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 11 June 2021 10:54:40(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 2:57
Genre: Deep House, Pop
Written by: Mi Sun Kim, Yasmine Kiambang, Airemese Smith, Aikya Balan
Produced by: DrewWB, GogoGigi

If He Says So is the fourth song from Law of Time and Space. The smooth dance track carries along the rhythmic feel of the EP despite not quite having the same touch of EDM as all of the previous tracks.

If He Says So happens to be the very first track recorded and produced for Misu's debut solo project. The song was inspired heavily by the song "Como Se Dice" which Misu, Yasmine Kiambang, Airemse Smith and Aikya Balan all wrote for Aikya's 2016 debut album, "Out of Sight, Still In Mind". Due to their striking similarities, all of the same writers have been credited on If She Says So. Produced by DrewWB and GogoGigi, If He Says So is a fun track that takes 1990s deep house and infuses it perfectly with Misu's Pop R&B sound. Composed in the key of C♯ minor with a tempo of 109 beats per minute, Misu's vocals range from the note of F♯3 to G♯5. Once again, she plays it cool and focuses on delivering a lighter and sweeter vocal performance despite being well known for having the ability to blow pipes.

Lyrically, If He Says So is a carefree song about believing every word that comes out of her partner's mouth. Thanks to Korea's Aegyo culture where it's popular for idols to put on a cute display of affection often expressed through a childish, high-pitched voice, Misu loves playing up on naive themes in a flirtatious way. This track is oozing with innocence, making it perfect for the listener to dance to thoughtlessly. She writes of all the crazy things her boyfriend says, from conspiracy theories about how the world is flat and the moon's fake to his declaration of love where he swears Misu's the only girl in his world. She takes it all in without question and even vows to "run around the world and try to make it so" as if she can single-handedly change any reality that proves him wrong. In this song, she has an undying trust in his word and though it may not lyrically sound like the healthiest stance to have in a relationship, sonically it definitely feels like a fun place to be.

Digital Spy's Lewis Corner stated the song is "a right little jam" and "deep house with high notes", being one of the most infectious songs Misu has released thus far. Corner called it "subtly epic, by not feeling pumped to Ibiza proportions, but transporting you to a more mellowed state of euphoria," also highlighting that it was one of his favorite songs. Sal Cinquemani of Slant Magazine called it a "minimalistic banger" and noted that "the modern technique is cleverly used to approximate a retro sound, simulating the black male background singers of early-'90s house music." while Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic called If He Says So an alluring "bright blast of disco."

Misu

The world is flat
The Sun is black
The sky's a projection and all of that
Left is right
There's no such thing as time
You know I’ll believe it for life

If he says so
Wrong!
If he says so
You're wrong, oh
If he says so

Damn right, there I go
Running 'round the world tryna make it so
Gonna call in home if it takes too long
You might've thought but my baby's never wrong
Damn right, there I go
You might've thought but..

If he says so
Wrong!
If he says so
You're wrong, you're wrong
If he says so
Wrong!
If he says so
You're wrong, you're wrong, oh
If he says so

The moon is fake
So was the landing
The world don't even exist outside of me
Said I'm his only one
No matter what
You know I believe it with love

If he says so
Wrong!
If he says so
You're wrong, you're wrong
If he says so

Damn right, there I go
Y'all might've thought but my baby's never wrong
Damn right, there I go
You might've thought but

If he says so
Wrong!
If he says so
You're wrong, so wrong!
If he says so

If he says so...

2001clay on 11/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 11/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 11/06/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/06/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 19/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/07/2021(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 13 June 2021 20:49:36(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:13
Genre: Power Pop, Synth-Pop
Written by: Mi Sun Kim

S P A C E is the fifth track on Law of Time and Space. Misu wrote the track all by herself, taking inspiration from 1980s music and the 1983 film Flashdance. It was produced by inZane and stemmed from a Persian synth flute sample that was played by Zane Anoshkin. An uptempo power pop and synth-pop song, the track features a chugging synth bassline, drums, and various percussion instruments that give it a dark futuristic vibe perfect for this space-themed project.

S P A C E was the last track to be recorded for Law of Time & Space, made with the intent to wrap up the project. After working on Misu's debut mini-album for years, the team wanted to make sure the tracks still flowed well together despite the long gap in between their recordings. Earlier demos of S P A C E featured a dance track with lyrics about wanting to go home after forcing oneself to go out and party. In more recent sessions, Misu completely changed directions for the song, choosing to touch on the topics of a distant love instead. With the help of inZane, the production was completely reimagined to the point where the finalized version of S P A C E no longer resembles it's 2017 sessions.

A "situationship" might best describe what's going on in the lyrics here. Misu writes of a lover who seems to be indifferent about all of the things that matter to her. She tries to tell him in the details how much she cares but writes that, "You don't notice and it's a slap in the face". It's clear to her that her lover doesn't care about their connection but as much as she wants to cut off all the access she gives him to her body, there's still exists a piece of Misu that wants to know how he feels and if he truly cares. Due to this false hope, she coerces herself into continuing a sexual relationship with him even though she wants much more than that.

Misu uses a cold delivery in a lower vocal register before the song's spoken-word bridge. The chorus is led by a synth flute similar to the Japanese shakuhachi instrument. The chords are introduced in this section alongside a cymbal, eighth note hi-hats, and various impact effects that make the song sound spacey. Misu belts each chorus which all end with her intensely chanting, "It's too late/Don't be a waste of space". Her vocals reach a higher register in the middle eight, spanning the notes of A3 to D5, changing her pleas to commands while building to an ending crescendo. Though it is described as uptempo with a pace of 148 beats per minute, the jaded nature of the song and lyrics makes the track feel slower than it is. Followed up by a track that's equally dark and fast-paced, S P A C E sets the perfect tone for the next few songs that Law of Time & Space brings to the table.

Misu

Matching lipstick with my new underwear
Got a mani-pedi and I just cut my hair
He doesn’t care, he doesn’t care
Contacts in, they make my eyes look blue
Didn’t get a chance to say, “I did it for you”
He doesn’t care, he doesn’t care

Why come when I could stay home?
Still feel so alone

You don’t notice and it’s a slap in the face
Thinking let's go separate ways then you grab my waist
It's too late, it's too late, it's too late
Don't be a waste of space
I want to leave and he wants my body
Like a stranger pulled me off the wall of a party
It's too late, it's too late, it's too laaate

It’s been a long week, I don’t feel like myself
Bet if I was sick you wouldn’t check on my health
Why do I care when he doesn’t care?
Do you know how cold you feel?
Wait outside your walls hoping we could build
All I do is fall

Why come when I could stay home?
Still feel so alone

I still wait
I always take the bait
It’s too late! I still wait!
Hoping you’ll just say how you feel
Girl, you know it’s not real!
I still wait
I always take the bait
It’s too late! I still wait!
Hoping you’ll just say how you feel
Girl, you know it’s not real!

PANIC! on 13/06/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/06/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/06/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 14/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 14/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 19/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/07/2021(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 13 June 2021 20:58:47(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Single: Fade Away
Artist: Misu
Label: Five Pesky Kids, Dahlhouse Entertainment
Release Date: June 23rd, 2017
Genre: Dance-Pop, EDM
Produced by: FancyN, inZane
Length: 4:04

Fade Away is a song recorded by Korean singer Mi Sun Kim, better known as Misu of Mi•Mi. It serves as her debut single, not being her first solo song but being the first song solo song that she officially released and will promote as a single. It was released by Dahlhouse Entertainment on June 23rd, 2017 and debuted at the top of the charts soon after. This makes Fade Away Misu's first #1 solo single. Fade Away was written by Mi Sun Kim and it features production from FancyN and inZane. It is performed in the key of F♯ minor in common time with a tempo of 108 beats per minute. Misu's vocals span two octaves in this song, 5 notes, and 1 semitone, from F♯3 to E6. This is an awesome feat, as most songs usually stay within a few notes out of an octave. A Dance-Pop song at heart, Fade Away also has elements of EDM, the production containing a thudding club beat, lurking synths, and sharp clicks.

Lyrically, the song is about a socially aloof girl who loses a love to someone who's much more charismatic. Throughout Fade Away, Misu resents herself, singing passionately about a struggle to build and solidify a relationship with most people, a struggle she knows all too well as someone who hasn't made many personal connections because of how business-driven she's been since an astonishingly young age. "You'll forget about me," Misu coos, convincing herself that her inability to make an impact on the people around her makes her easily forgotten. This concept is where the title of the song comes in. "We all fade away," Mi Sun Kim sings. "Some faster than others."

Misu

You don't know me like I hoped you would
I watch slowly as we part for good
I missed my window, you could've been an out
Took too long to make a play, I'm watching from the sidelines now

She makes it look so damn easy
A smile that grows naturally
She knows what to say and when not to speak
It's driving me crazy, I've never seen that look in your eyes
A connection, I want to know what that feels like

I'll never be enough
And everyday I'm reminded
I'm lonely, I'm stuck
Left to pretend this is how I like it
She'll make you laugh a little harder
I'll push away, a little farther
We all fade away, fade away, fade away
I'll never be enough
I'm reminded everyday
It takes a while to know me
They never have years to waste
You've decided to spend your youth
On something a little more promising
Some faster than others

That's the way of life
I'll think of you as the one that got away
You don't even know I'm alive

She makes it look so damn easy
She's magnetic and it's working
She knows what to do without thinking
I had to write a think-peice, I've never seen that look in your eyes
A connection, I want to know what that feels like

I'll never be enough
I'm lonely, I'm stuck
Left to pretend this is how I like it
I'll never be enough
I'm reminded everyday
They never have years to waste
You've decided to spend your youth
(We all fade away, fade away, fade away)
We all fade away!

Don't get blinded by what you can't see
You'll forget all about me
Hold my breath and count to three
I just want you to be happy
Be happy, ooh yeah!

I'll never be enough (I'll never be enough)
I'm lonely, I'm stuck
Left to pretend this is how I like it (How I like it)
Fade away!
I'll never be enough
I'm reminded everyday
They never have years to waste (Yeah)
You've decided to spend your youth (Yeah)
Some faster than others

(I'll never be enough)
Do you even know I'm alive?
(I'm lonely, I'm stuck)
You don't even know I'm alive
(How I like it)
(We all fade away, fade away, fade away)
We all fade away...

Edited by user 13 June 2021 20:59:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PANIC! on 13/06/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 14/06/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/06/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 14/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 14/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 19/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/07/2021(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 13 June 2021 21:28:55(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:20
Genre: EDM, K-Pop Ballad

Misu wrote:
"I can't entirely explain in words how it feels to think you're trapped forever and then suddenly, something shakes and you're a free woman. I just had to put it in a song. [Mi•Mi] made our fight against our label very public because we didn't want these things to take place in the dark as they had for so long. That choice made it equally possible for us to celebrate our win with all of our fans who were rooting for us. We really needed their strength through this battle and we are forever grateful towards them."

"I've been the lead singer of this group since the moment it was formed so when told to bring a track to the table that introduced me for our final album, When I Grow Up, it was a challenge. Being the lead singer does give you the upper hand in the recording process. I've had a chance to use my voice more than the other girls in the group and so I wanted to write something that spoke for and to all of us. When thinking of Bird Set Free for that album, I knew I needed to write something beautiful that released all of the negative experiences we've had so far. Though the lyrics are the same, the solo version just feels more personal."

"Bird Set Free's Gravity Mix sounds exactly like the title implies. This instrumental sounds so much fuller with beautiful instrumentation mixed well with a choir of electronic synths. It gives me the sense of the little bird who finally jumps out of the nest and fights with the wind and it's own waves of fear as it learns to fly. I wanted to incorporate the use of whistle notes on this track as well so that I could sound like I was a real bird singing, maybe even just panicking, at the top of my lungs. This song was chosen to close out my first official project because it's a song that speaks freedom onto my spirit and my career. This is a song I will always be able to come back to when I need the strength to face any fear."

Misu

All of my angels
Michael and Gabriel
Some I can't even name
Sing in my left ear
Guide me through all fear
See that I survive this plane
Know you're protected
Through all rejection
Somebody's making a way
Never have to settle
Your fire melts metal
And chains were meant to break

Flap flap flap my wings
I'm a bird set free
Wind's just right for me
I trace the clouds when I flee

Break out of your cage
Break out of your cage
When the world's your stage, some places you can't stay
Living in the dark, you deserve to see the day when you..
Break out of your cage
It's time to break out

No one can scare me
I've seen some scary
Today, I still stand
Many have left me
My heart is heavy
Tell me you'll take my hand
I'll never leave you
We'll always be two
Take you everywhere I can
No need to be so fixed
Love melts the resistance
You pick where we land

Flap flap flap my wings
I'm a bird set free
Wind's just right for me
I trace the clouds when I flee

Break out of your cage
Break out of your cage
When the world's your stage, some places you can't stay
Living in the dark, you deserve to see the day when you..
Break out of your cage
It's time to break out

Break out (of your cage)
Break out (of your cage)
Break out (of your cage)
Break out (of your cage)
Break out (of your cage)
Break out (of your cage)
Break out (of your cage)
(Break out!)
Break out of your cage
Break out of your cage
Break out of your cage
Break out of your cage

It's time to
The time has come
Its time to
It's time to break out
It's time to
It's time to....

BrownSugar on 14/06/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/06/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 14/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 14/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 17/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 19/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/07/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#9 Posted : 14 June 2021 04:52:48(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Rina: Misu! I may say i'm in love with your album & it tell story & i just can't explain it
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
kandii on 14/06/2021(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#10 Posted : 19 June 2021 02:15:38(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra: You definitly delivered with this album! I'm pretty sure that it was such nerve-wrecking moment getting this project finally out, especially when you have been part of a group but you really did your thing. All the songs are really well done and it's such a well-rounded album. Stand outs for me personally are "Law Of Time And Space" and "S P A C E". I also love "Bird Set Free" alot, it's really empowering and had me in my feelings. I think all of us can relate to the message in some shape or form. Really well done!

Edited by user 19 June 2021 02:17:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#11 Posted : 19 June 2021 17:36:45(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
OOC: You clearly put a lot of time and effort into this album thread and it paid off brilliantly! Each song is introspective with a great amount of detail both in terms of lyrical subject matters as well as sonically. I love how you tied it all and kept a consistent concept/vision for it throughout. Very well done! This was a lot of fun seeing it come together. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#12 Posted : 20 June 2021 21:22:55(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Billy: This is a wonderful project and I'm not even much of an EDM lover but your lyricism and vocals just truly bring so much life to a genre I pretty much feel is faceless and cold. Like the title, I do feel as if I'm in some otherworldly place or state as I listen. I think "S P A C E" is the one that truly does it for me. The cold, grumbling, low vocals followed by the belting of the chorus. Damn. This really is quite something.

OOC: Look at you growing an entire life and simultaneously SERVING Grade A pop music. There's nothing you can't do I fear! Excellent work my love!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline kandii  
#13 Posted : 02 July 2021 05:39:00(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Rina: Misu! I may say i'm in love with your album & it tell story & i just can't explain it

Misu: Thank you so much, Rina! I think all albums should tell a story and I did my best to paint a pretty picture here.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 02/07/2021(UTC)