logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2021 11:52:50(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

UserPostedImage

Check out the new album in stores Fall 2021

UserPostedImage

OFFICIAL ARTWORK

Title: “Joystick"
Album: Black Diamond
Release Date: July 17, 2021
Length: 4:21 (Minutes: Seconds; Break Version) 4:01 (Album Version)
Formats: Digital Download, Streaming
Recorded/Production: April-July 2021; Freenerd Studios Orlando, FL
Genres: R&B
Label: Hot Eye Records
Writers: Karma, Daniel The Freenerd
Producers: Daniel The Freenerd

"Joystick" is the first/lead single off Karma's upcoming studio album "Black Diamond"; which is set to be released Fall 2021 through Hot Eye Records with Freenerd Management serving as an independent imprint. The song premiered July 17, 2021 as a streaming single and will be made available for digital download/physical purchase on the same day. The song will be impacting Top 40/Urban/Rhythmic radio; with an impact date of July 30, 2021 to give the song some time to build up before promotion kicks in. A music video will be filmed in Atlanta, Georgia at Tyler Perry Studios and other various locations starting on July 21 2021 and will be directed by Diane Martel. The music video is expected to premiere sometime in August alongside another music video that has already been filmed. The music video shoot was initially supposed to take place in June but the song's production was put on hold after Daniel The Freenerd announced a hiatus. Like many songs released under the Freenerd Management roster; the song will be featured on various playlists on Apple Music and Spotify starting on July 17, 2021.

"We've been planning for this music video for a little over 3 months now. The music video will feature a futuristic arcade setting and will feature elaborate choreography, fashion and special effects. Karma is bringing it all to the table. I think what this music video will also show is different parts of Atlanta that we don't normally see in music videos that are shot in Atlanta. The more industrial side. There were areas we drove by for inspiration and were really wowed at how stunning some of the immersive areas looked. There are set locations with weather permitting that will give us some decent shots.". - Diane Martel

"This music video is very important to me because while it may not be my first; it's my first major one. I had this video in my head since I was probably a teenager; I just didn't know I was going to make it for this song obviously but it's all so very exciting. I'm repping my hometown, I'm also repping for real dancers because that's a huge core of who I am as an artist. I definitely feel like I'm going to bring a different kind of energy to the table" - Karma

Many would be surprised to learn that Karma had her start in the industry back in 2009 under the stage name "Angel Le Fierce". Due to heavy comparisons with Stephanie Fierce; Angel went on to change her name to just Angel. After landing a new record deal in 2013; the singer rebranded her stage name once more to "Barbarian"; but the singer was eventually blackballed by her previous management for unknown reasons. After being freed from her contract with her old management; the singer was once again discovered by Daniel The Freenerd and landed a partnership with the management company Freenerd Management. In May 2021; it was announced that Karma landed a lucrative 4 album record deal with Hot Eye Records. After 11 years of uncertainty whether the singer would kick start her career; the songstress now has a more promising start. Look out cause Karma is a bitch and she's ready for her vengeance ;) (OOC: had to make it sound dramatic lol)

"Joystick" kicks starts the album as the lead track bringing forward a bass heavy R&B sound; with drum and bass, trip hop and subtle funk electronica influences. The song consists of hip bop beats that ware carefully engineered and layered so that listeners feel various unique vibrations while listening.

"We chose Joystick as the lead single because I really feel it's a feel good track that people who have a love for R&B can really enjoy. It really caters and delivers to that audience and I think that's important for me. There's so much range on Black Diamond in terms of genres I touch on but this one track is the most solid in the R&B realm of things. I grew up listening to music that sounds similar to this but I wanted to push it as far as I could in terms of making the sound sound bigger and even more hard hitting than it maybe did in the 90's. Those challenges really made me gravitate tot his track. It's also a song you can really dance to and go awf to and that's just as important". - Karma

ARTWORK

The "Joystick" single cover was shot by Diane Martel and features a semi nude Karma. The singer is seen sipping on a fizzy drink as she's placed in a squatting position. Her shorts are unbuttoned and her high heels are attached to a converse sneaker.

"When I thought about the single cover I knew I wanted it to be sexy and cool. It's just about it being colorful and somewhat daring. The song is called Joystick, so I wanted it look youthful and playful; all kinds of pun intended. It's really just a simple sexy cover. Nothing too deep".

WRITING & PRODUCTION

Writing for "Joystick" started in the late Spring of 2021; with both Karma and Daniel The Freenerd working collaboratively to get the song's lyrics completed. The song initially started with a working title of "Video Games" but Karma changed it to Joystick because it sounded more playful and had more of a innuendo to it that she knew people would catch on to. Lyrically, Joystick refers to a game night being the equivalent of a one night stand or a hook up situation. The lyrics also see Karma boasting about her body and confidence throughout in a playful nature.

"I guess you can compare a joystick tot he D (Laughs) but it's all in good play with words. I think of this song as a one night stand that may continue to happen. I refer to is as game night. I think everyone woman should feel free and unashamed if she wants to have a one night stand. Call it for what it is but you can also be playful with it. Me and Daniel worked together on the lyrics which is interesting because he is nonbinary so I guess he just has a way of tapping into the female perspective that I wouldn't think would be possible but also I wanted to really push myself with my pen because it's important that I speak on my songs and I really say what I feel without ti being sugar coated. This a a free spirited say what you want, talk your shit kind of track; so it wasn't hard for me to really write but I also wanted to make sure that it fit in with this new generation of music listeners. I'm in a place in my life that I just want to have fun. I don't really want commitment. So this song is just about that; having fun and playing a game, but once it's game over; it's over. " - Karma

The song was produced by Daniel The Freenerd at Freenerd Studios Orlando, FL over the course of 3 months. Most of which were hold offs due to Danie's short hiatus. The production's importance was reflected in the fact that Daniel worked on the track til the very last minute before it's official release. Karma requested the song to have a a heavy bass production that truly represents the 90's R&B sound she grew up listening to. The song features thumping heavy bass and sultry falsetto vocals from Karma.

UserPostedImage

JOYSTICK OFFICIAL LYRICS

[Spoken]

"Skip the main coarse

[Sung]
I wanna play a game
but tell me are you coming through? (through-through)
it's game night boy
why play single player; when I got you (you-you)
hope you brought your controlla
I need a boy with a controlla
joystick, old school with-it
I need me a baller (switch -switch -mmm)
My coin slot's ready don't need a dolla
You heard I've been misbehaving
boy this pussy gonna need a collar
Imma make this easy for you
Just arrive and I'll aready be naked
hope you got game boy don't leave me faking

tell me why you're trying so hard to fight it
get up close on it boy I know you trying to bite it (ooh)
This wet pussy for the drinking not the bitting
Not gonna ask for forgiveness (ooh)
I know what I want and I'm not gonna hide it (ooh)
slippery when wet, gonna have you slidding (ooh)
quench your thirst boy, (sip-sip-sip)
Pussy would get you high (trip-trip-trip)
Don't break your joystick,
when I try to ride it
I'm vicious with it
but I know you like it

I know what I want but I know it's been a while
I've been practicing palaties everyday
boy I want you to stretch me out
it's game night boy
pull up to the aracde boy
time to show off your skills boy
I want you to stretch me out

boy this pussy don't need a cheat code
so why you being a sore loser for
Boy this pussy anesthesia
once you hit; hasta la vista (Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Taste so good don't mistake it as food
call me little red riding - repping for my - hood
one bad bitch but yet so misunderstood
it's game night boy
Pop the hood up boy and blow my engine boy (Room - Room)
heard you like your chocolate belgian boy (bloop)
I ain't riding bicycles,
I'm riding motorcycles (We grown)
so put that joystick in overdrive
watch me ride like we only got tonight to stay alive

tell me why you're trying so hard to fight it
get up close on it boy I know you trying to bite it (ooh)
This wet pussy for the drinking not the bitting
Not gonna ask for forgiveness (ooh)
I know what I want and I'm not gonna hide it (ooh)
slippery when wet, gonna have you slidding (ooh)
quench your thirst boy, (sip-sip-sip)
Pussy would get you high (trip-trip-trip)
Don't break your joystick,
when I try to ride it

I know what I want but I know it's been a while
I've been practicing palaties everyday
boy I want you to stretch me out
it's game night boy
pull up to the aracde boy
time to show off your skills boy
I want you to stretch me out

[Break Interlude]

No games lil playa, no games oh (joystick)

[Outro; Daniel & Karma]

Pull up to your arc-arc-arcade
watch me sweep up these Ms
SWEEEP!
Oooh-oooh-oooh yeah
Pull up the arcade bar
aint worried about none of the broads
Brrrrrrrr
Pull up to your arc-arc-arcade
watch me sweep up these Ms
SWEEEP!
Oooh-oooh- oooh - ooh - yeah
Pull up the arcade bar
aint worried about none of the broads
Brrrrrrr
It's Karma
Oooh-oooh-yeah
ooh-ooh-ooh - ooh -yeah"

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 17 July 2021 21:28:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 17/07/2021(UTC), erich hess on 17/07/2021(UTC), chaotic_princess on 17/07/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 18/07/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 23/07/2021(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 23 July 2021 00:26:12(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erich: she may say you don't need a cheat code, but it never hurts to try the Konami code. sometimes you need 30 lives to make it to the end.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 23/07/2021(UTC)
#3 Posted : 25 July 2021 04:21:24(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: she may say you don't need a cheat code, but it never hurts to try the Konami code. sometimes you need 30 lives to make it to the end.

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
erich hess on 25/07/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 25 July 2021 22:57:58(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Circuit (Orion): Oh shiiiit, the cover art alone was enough to bring me in. But you fuckin' killed it with the lyrics and the wordplay, hot as fuck while doing it too, it's gotta be said. Creativity is off the chain though, the record's gonna be something wild, I can already tell. Keep em' coming!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 25/07/2021(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 26 July 2021 23:41:52(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra:OH yes! This is definitly making me feel some type of way queen, I do enjoy me some joystick lol!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 26/07/2021(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#6 Posted : 03 August 2021 03:12:21(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Radio: Karmaaaa… Mmm. I can’t stop listening to this song because the wordplay alone is addicting to listen too.. like come on, you didn’t have to give it to us like that. You’ve always had this sex appeal that I inspire to be. Congratulations on this record dear. And Daniel, it’s no way you being Daniel you wrote completely murder this record as I always expect.. love you bab.

OOC: LYRICS!!!! DOPE! It’s so good Daniel!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 06/08/2021(UTC)
#7 Posted : 06 August 2021 07:00:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Circuit (Orion): Oh shiiiit, the cover art alone was enough to bring me in. But you fuckin' killed it with the lyrics and the wordplay, hot as fuck while doing it too, it's gotta be said. Creativity is off the chain though, the record's gonna be something wild, I can already tell. Keep em' coming!

Karma: I appreciate the love Circuit! So dope to see a peer of mine that I look up to hear my record and think so highly of it! <3

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
Ezra:OH yes! This is definitly making me feel some type of way queen, I do enjoy me some joystick lol!

Karma: Thank you so much Ezra! I'm glad Joystick breathes some life into you ;)

Originally Posted by: RadioVine Go to Quoted Post
Radio: Karmaaaa… Mmm. I can’t stop listening to this song because the wordplay alone is addicting to listen too.. like come on, you didn’t have to give it to us like that. You’ve always had this sex appeal that I inspire to be. Congratulations on this record dear. And Daniel, it’s no way you being Daniel you wrote completely murder this record as I always expect.. love you bab.

OOC: LYRICS!!!! DOPE! It’s so good Daniel!

Karma: Radio Vine thank you so much! I'm so humble an icon like you thinks my song is dope! Thank you <3

OOC: Thank you :) I had fun writing this one! I fell in love with Normani's snippet of "Wild Side" that she released months ago. I just love that she took such a signature sound for R&B and made it hers. That's definitely not easy to do. Sampling Aaliyah and doing it justice is not an easy task! I had to wait until she released this so I can properly mirror the lyrics to Joystick correctly and I had a good ole time doing it :)