logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 26 June 2021 06:31:36(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
UserPostedImage
"There are mountains we won't ever see
And there's people we will never meet
The clock was ticking over our heads
It reminds us of the borrowed lives we have
I used to think I was ready for the end
Now that I have you in my arms
I don't ever wanna leave"

He handled a therapy session much like an interview. It was a push and pull. An attempt to be funny and witty before any true feelings came about. Dr. Hudson had been his therapist for over 14 years now, often joking that she was the longest standing relationship he has ever maintained. When the world paused due to the pandemic last year, Ryan gave the whole virtual Zoom sessions a try but quickly figured it wasn't for him. It took away the interpersonal aspect. Given the longstanding professional relationship between the two, they would check in on each other ever so often as friends do, never treating those interactions as a session. This was the first time in over 16 months that he was back at his shrink's office. The decor had slightly changed over the years but it was still a space that was familiar and brought him a sense of security.

"It's been quite a long time, Ryan. How have you been? You look well." Her statement rang true now more than it did in a long time. Ryan looked rejuvenated and like most in his comment section on Instagram would say as of late, his appearance may have hit a new peak. His pitch black hair was longer. He was well rested. His attire was as immaculate as one would expect from a man who took pride in his looks. "I'm good, doc. I'm happy. There's nothing other than happiness in every aspect of my life at the moment." The bright smile on his face was further proof that he was in a good place. For a man with plenty of demons and dangerous levels of overthinking and self-awareness, all of which were amplified due to the limelight he was under, it was a rare state to be in a positive state of mind.

"That's because of Ellie-Grace Summers, right?" Ah, the name of his musical collaborator and ex-girlfriend-turned-current-girlfriend. The mystery girl that the internet was trying to figure out ever since tabloids hinted at some secretive relationship he was having. It was true that very few people in their respective lives knew that they were giving love a second chance, almost 10 years after they broke up. And yes, his therapist was one of those closes to him that knew about it. "I have no idea what you're talking about," he remarked teasingly, getting more comfortable on the couch he was sitting on.

"You know, I don't like to talk much about the past. The past is typically the apex of loneliness," he began, folding his arms over his chest, a regular occurrence to Dr. Hudson and those around him. He loved to talk and would often let his thoughts flow out. "I've caught myself thinking of the past in the last few months since EG and I got back together." Ryan was an analyzer. He needed to break things down in his mind and study every little thing in order to wrap his head around each outcome in his life. It didn't matter whether it was a positive or a negative, he had to understand the cause behind it. "Looking back, she was always it. We may have not met at the right time when we first connected given everything around us at that time... However, that fire between us, that never died out."

For someone who was responsible for a good share of his problematic past, one instance that sticks out to the public and has resurfaced recently given the renewed association between two, is the fact that once upon a time he was 33 years old dating an 18 year old. He was called every negative name under the sun for that entirely consensual adult relationship that had no hidden agenda behind it. Ryan had mentally prepared himself for that from the moment the two reconnected and started working together on an album. "I don't believe you ever stopped loving her," Dr. Hudson speaks up confidently which brings a confused expression upon Ryan's face. "In 2010 you were sitting right where you are now trying to convince yourself that you were not interested in her and how terrible it would be for your career to date her. So what did you do? You were dating her within a week in typical Ryan Ross Hernandez fashion."

Ryan chuckled at the last statement. Back then, despite every mess he would get into, he considered himself untouchable. He got 'canceled' several times before cancel culture was even a thing, yet when he dropped a song or album, everyone would come out of the woodworks to listen. Hudson knew him long enough to be direct and understand well how to tackle things that were on his mind. They were way beyond your conventional, tip-toeing therapy session. "What can I say? It was magnetic between EG and I. It still is. The amount of sex we've had the last two months? Woo. You have no idea, doc. We're hitting new peaks of orgasms. We tried this thing on the kitchen counter last night, her legs wer-" his comment was cut-off by Katherine interrupting him as she cleared her throat. "Thank you, Ryan. I don't think I need the visual there." A small smirk cracked at her lips, still not entirely immune from the open discussions he could have about his sex life.

"Going back to my point," she stated, tapping her pen against the notepad that rested on her lap. "When you two first dated, you told me time and time again that when it was just the two of you, it worked. You two loved each other. There was nothing like it. The issues came about when the opinions of everyone else were factored in." The words she spoke resonated with Ryan and made logical sense. He never stopped loving her. He fucked up plenty of times in past relationships but his worst crime when he first dated Ellie-Grace was being influenced by all the outside noise. The disapproval of her family, the concerns folks on his side had about the age gap between them, the ridiculously loud opinions of the public condemning them from the start. It weighed on both of them and Ryan gave in thinking it was for the best. That only rang true for everyone else aside from the two.

"Her and I have spoken a bit about that. It's been 10 years. She is about to be a 29 year old woman. She's no longer 18 or 19. I've done a lot of growing up in that time span. We know what to expect once her family and all our friends and the public learns about it. It may sound cliche but the love we have for each other, that has to outweigh everything else." He sounded sure in what he said, thinking that the more he heard himself say that, the stronger the sentiment behind it became. "Right now, we have been in this nice little bubble. Nobody but our close friends know about us being together. That will change. Ellie will tell her parents and siblings about us. We'll start sharing it more to people around us. For fuck sakes, we're about to release an album and tour the world together next year. Somebody is going to catch a picture of us holding hands or kissing and the public will know too. I can't let that deter me again from being happy."

Happiness and love were the two things that mattered most to him right now. Ellie-Grace was a source of both those feelings reentering his life in copious amounts. "I know there's no third chance here. I can hang my hat on the factor that I've been in love with her from almost the first moment I saw her. I can say that outside sources triggered our break up then. That's all vapid. At the end of the day, I'm the asshole who broke her heart. I hurt her terribly and I will always hate myself for my actions thereafter. I know I can't fuck it up again." Ryan paused, sighing out and running a hand through his hair. Underneath his newly positive demeanor, there were still layers of doubt and guilt that he had to deal with. They were not going to disappear instantly just because he has the girl of his dreams back.

"Are you worried that you might?" Dr. Hudson asked him, trying to pry into the inner battle that she recognized was a concerning aspect of his complexities. "I am me after all. I find a way of losing every good thing I've ever had eventually. I'm pretty sure that's the Hernandez family motto." He scoffed sarcastically, shaking his foot lightly. "You have to let go of all that, Ryan. You have to both forgive yourself and trust yourself to not make those mistakes again. Clearly she loves you and is willing to take the world on with you if she's giving this another try. You need to forget everything else and focus on Ellie and being happy together. You deserve happiness." She attempted to reassure him. The self-loathing was not beneficial for himself or those around him. Dr. Hudson has spent a long time trying to ease him into understanding that he was not a bad person, he's just made mistakes like everyone does.

"Ellie-Grace is it for me," Ryan started speaking up, rubbing his hands against his dark colored jeans as a way of keeping his composure. "Despite popular belief, I have no desire to be a bachelor for my entire life. I don't want to be seen leaving some West Hollywood restaurant with a 22 year old model when I'm 55. I had the last 20 years of my life to sleep around and live the freewheeling lifestyle of a successful single man. It was fun. It's done now." His reputation was not the greatest when it came to his love life. He has had sex with many women and the list of popstars he has dated is extensive. From that people have drawn conclusions over the years that he is a manipulative gaslighter who treats women like pawns in a game of chess.

"I can clearly see a life with EG and that is different because you know me. You know every single relationship I've been in for almost 15 years now. I've never been that person who thinks up of a future with someone. I'm thinking about that with Ellie. Actually, it's not even just thinking about it. I want that with her." The purity of loving someone and being loved with no ulterior motive was often something that he desired but did not allow himself to experience. This time he was doing his best to make a conscious effort to not overthink it which was easier said than done. "I love her so much. I need to do everything in my power to show her that I'm committed to her, that I can potentially be her husband down the line, and even one day be a dad to our children. I know I'm not the ideal man that anyone would visualize for any of that but I'm fucking trying."

It was refreshing for Katherine to hear him speak so boldly about a possible future with a girlfriend of his. He typically navigated those waters with caution and the desire a few of his exes had for that stability ended up being the death blow to said relationships. "There's no such thing as perfection, Ryan. It's fantastic that you are opening yourself up for love and possibly a future with Ellie-Grace. You deserve that as much as anybody else in this world. Don't be so hard on yourself. Continue building this relationship and whatever battle comes next, you'll have each other to lean on." Ryan nodded his head softly, accepting the affirmations that Dr. Hudson was putting out there for him to grasp.

"Have you spoken to her about your mom?" It was not uncommon for their session to achieve a breakthrough then have her turn the page onto another issue that was being overlooked. "No, I haven't. I will." Ryan stated calmly, knowing that the ugly fallout after her death in 2017 and the wounds he has kept open from that were aspects of him she deserved to know. "That's fine. There's no rush. Just remember to be real and honest with her." He nodded his head, smirking over at her. "I'm happy for you, Ryan. We're just about done here. Shall I expect you back next week?" Ryan stood up and shook his head at the question. "Nope. You won't be seeing me here, Dr. Hudson. It's Ellie's birthday next week and I plan on fucking her brains out for most of the week, so my schedule is pretty booked." A sly grin appeared on his lips as his therapist sighed out in response.

"That poor girl. Tell her I wish her a happy birthday," she said subtly, wondering if he had opened up to her that he went to therapy in the first place. In the past it was something that she knew he would hide from his partner. "Will do, doc. She knows all about you. I think she might be slightly jealous you've had me for almost 15 years. She may need some tips from you." She put down her notepad and stood up, patting Ryan on the arm as a small gesture to lead him out of her office. "I'm sure. How lucky have I been."

(OOC: Maybe some of you will vaguely remember the therapy sessions I shared in 2012 surrounding RRH to provide a deeper dive into his state of mind and grow the character. Here they are again nine years later!)

Edited by user 05 August 2021 14:37:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
2001clay on 26/06/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 26/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 26/06/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/06/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/07/2021(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#2 Posted : 05 August 2021 14:36:46(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
UserPostedImage
"On the day we met you wore lilac
I was caught up in myself
Could you tell or was I that good at lying?
Every firefight I kept away from you
I thought I was doing you a favor
My good intentions were covered in selfishness
I never even asked if it was your first time
Maybe you didn't want to lose it like that
In a stranger's bed with all the lights on"

"A threesome?" Dr. Hudson had heard a lot of candor come from Ryan over the thirteen years she'd been his therapist of choice. It wasn't always easy to pull the words out of his mouth when it came to making real progress as he tend to deflect honesty with humor. Once the walls were broken through and he opted to open up, there was nothing that was off the table. "Yes, a threesome." Naturally, while he had never cheated as far as she knew about his past, her mind went to the worst possible outcome. How else would he find himself in such situation when he was in a committed relationship? "With Ellie-Grace?" She questioned, causing Ryan to sigh out loud and roll his eyes. "Yes, with Ellie. Do you think I'm just going around town looking for women who want to have a threesome with me? Why the fuck would I do that? I'm in a serious relationship." He responded short and in an annoyed tone of voice, figuring she was assuming that he had a relapse of sorts given his reputation.

"Of course it was with Ellie." He said after a momentary pause, leaning back on the couch. Katherine could not yet pinpoint what the problem was. He was not bragging about the experience or had any clear facial expression that was giving off a playful vibe. "What's the problem then? You having a threesome with Ellie and another woman sounds like it would be a dream of yours." Their dialogue would at times be direct and out of the norm compared to what she was used to with her other patients. Most of her other patients however, were not celebrities who openly had a reputation for being a hyper sexual being. "It wasn't with another woman and it wasn't my idea." It was a blunt reply, two confessions that she would not have assumed given what she knew about Ryan and also the bits and pieces he had shared about Ellie's character.

Katherine jotted down a few notes on her notepad. It wasn't any specific remarks and more general pinpoints for her to direct back in the conversation if needed. Granted, with Ryan it wasn't easy to forget the things he shared at times. "So you had a threesome with your girlfriend but it wasn't your suggestion, it was her idea. And it was with a man. How did that come to be?" She could tell there was something more going on here that was on his mind and now it was a matter of trying to pry it out of him. "We were laying in bed one night talking about fantasies and this metaphorical sexual bucket list. She mentioned a threesome and how she's never had one but she's..." Ryan paused as he tried to find the right word before continuing, "Inexperienced. She isn't comfortable sharing that experience with somebody she doesn't know. She wants to have trust."

Ryan looked off to the side, trying to both articulate himself correctly and keep his composure. "She suggested a friend of hers to join us. Of course, it's my Ellie... she's going to be delicate and she must have asked me a hundred times if I was open to it and okay with it." Dr. Hudson stayed quiet, knowing it was best to let him vent when he got going rather than cut off his train of thought. "The friend she had in mind for this was... uh..." He paused, a forced, sarcastic chuckle slipping from his mouth. "Billy fucking Khan. Do you know him?" He asks with a raised eyebrow, bringing his therapist back into the conversation. "The name sounds familiar." Less was more when Ryan was clearly frustrated about something as he was about this. "He's in this pop group called Weekend. Him and Ellie are the same age but they are nothing alike. He's... how do I put it nicely? An arrogant little shit."

There was the more unfiltered feelings finally coming to show. "I didn't know much about him before this and I still don't. He's good friends with Ellie. He lives in London, so he was around a lot when Grimmie was in the hospital." The mention of Joshua reminded her of all he was still suppressing about that incident and his friendship with him. She knew now was not the time to bring that up. "You didn't like that she chose him for this threesome?" She questioned, figuring it may be more of an issue with who she decided to join them and less about the act itself. "Look, Hudson... I don't care about Billy any particular way. He's handsome, he's rich, he's a little full of himself. Everyone thinks he's an asshole. I get it. I was 28 years old once too in that same boat. Do I particular like that he's friends with Ellie? No, but she can be friends with whoever she wants to be. That's not my place." He explained, still not being direct enough to share what was bothering him.

"We had the threesome. It was fun. I made out with a dude for the first time and fucked his throat like there was no tomorrow. Cool." There was more of the direct, unaltered details she assumed he would share eventually. Given their longstanding relationship, it was not all that surprising to hear. "What's the problem then? You're upset, so clearly something is bothering you." Ryan disliked being vulnerable if it was outside of his lyrics. Despite being an expert conversationalist, he had a hard time opening up to those around him because he felt like opening up only made things messy in the end. "Seeing him kiss her... touch her... fuck her... make her cum... I hated it. You could replace Billy with anyone else and I still would have hated it." He explains, a spiteful tone spewing with every word he says. It may be true that he'd feel the same way with another other person replacing Billy but the fact that it was him stung a little more.

Jealously. That's what Hudson lands on as she hears him out. He's jealous and it shows just how greatly he's fallen for this girl as jealously was not something he was prone to. "You're jealous, Ryan. You are in love with Ellie-Grace and seeing somebody else be intimate with her made you jealous." She was not wrong in her assessment of the situation. His feelings were best described as those of a jealous boyfriend. "You're not that type of guy but with Ellie in the equation, you've always been. I remember you coming in here airing out how you felt about Hayden when she dated him back in the day. You've always had this very protective nature when it came to Ellie, whether you guys were dating or not. You would go to bat for her." Ryan had spent years trying to forget about her to no avail. Even the years where they went without speaking or seeing each other, he was always defensive of anyone who had anything negative to say concerning her.

"You're married. You've been married for what? 6 or 7 years?" She nods her head in response, crossing her legs as she waits to see where he will go. "How would you feel if your husband suggested a threesome with a longtime friend of his and she was this beautiful girl? Let's say she was younger than you too." Katherine watched him carefully, shaking her head and removing her glasses. "What's the point of this?" He a runs hand through his hair, moving forward on the couch and letting his elbows rest on his knees. "Indulge me with this hypothetical, please.... so you have this threesome and it happened but you feel a little strange about it afterwards. You start doubting things. You go back to your day to day life. Everything is good between you and your husband. Yet, you can't help but wonder what if?"

Ryan was using her marriage as a vehicle for him to express his own feelings. She wasn't going to stop him as he let his mind go forth. "What if your relationship is not what's best for him? What if him being with you is preventing him from exploring new things? It's holding him back from experiencing things for the first time? You're confident in your love but this little voice in your head is making you question everything." He drops his gaze, staring down at his shoes. "Ellie's still in her 20's. She's young. I know how I was at 28, 29 years old. I was fucking somebody new almost every other night. I didn't give a shit about a relationship back then. What if being with me is preventing her from just having fun and being the age she is?" His tone had gotten more quiet and gentle as it spoke but the noise-free space made it easy for his therapist to catch every word he said.

"Do you truly believe that? Do you think Ellie wants that?" Katherine felt that this was a classic case of Ryan overthinking a situation and convincing himself that he did not deserve to be loved. She had heard him blow up relationships time and time again out of his own insecurities. He remained mum. "You're Ellie's first love. You're probably plenty of firsts in her life. She's riding a high right now having you back in her life and seeing this relationship flourish. It's almost everyone's dream to say that their first love is a lasting love." Everything she was saying was not news to him. He was aware of all the emotions Ellie went through during their breakup and where things stood now. "You love her, Ryan. The way you've spoken about her to me shows me that. You're crazy about her and that's scary to you because you still feel this guilt of what you put her through when she was younger. Don't be selfish. You ha..."

"You think I'm being selfish?!" He exclaims with a puzzled look on his face, his voice quickly rising in volume. "Everything I've done in my life since Ellie's been back in it has been with her best interest in mind and you wanna call me selfish?" Ryan stands up in a swift motion, walking way from the couch, shaking his head. "Ryan, calm down. I'm not sa..." Before she can continue, he cuts her off again quickly. "Fuck you! You think you know me because I come here every few weeks and pay you to tell you about my problems? Really? That doesn't mean shit." Dr. Hudson had never seen him quite this worked up, albeit the situation was not a fearful one. She pegged it more as a breakthrough that he was able to express his emotions regardless of how they poured out of him.

"You have to be honest with her, Ryan. You have to be honest about everything. How you feel about her. How you feel about the threesome. How you feel about Billy. Share with her all your doubts." She spoke in a calm demeanor, not raising her voice to match his. "I can't be honest with her. I've ruined her life once already. Why should I be the one to take away her happiness? The one time she decides to be adventurous and let loose, I'm going to fuck that up because of my own bullshit?" He did not turn to look at her as he spoke, rather looking out the nearby window at the clear sunny day in LA. "You have to be honest. You know you do. This will eat you alive if you don't talk to her."

The room goes quiet for at least a minute, just Ryan's footsteps are heard as he paces in a small trail back and forth. "My biggest fear is losing her. I need her more than she needs me and that's terrifying because I've never had that awareness of needing someone in my life. Yet, the only thing that I care more about than being with her is her happiness." There was maturity shown in his words. As much as he loved Ellie and felt that they could make it through anything now, was that the best thing for her? He was at a stage in his life where despite all the 20something year old friends he had, he was no longer aiming to act that age. His 40s have been and will continue to be more quiet, which could result in his life being viewed as "boring" to some. When LA became too much for him, he would go to middle-of-nowhere Montana and hideaway. Was that something Ellie would be willing to do for him?

"I don't want to take anything away from her. She deserves to do whatever she wants and... maybe she's better off without me." His self-awareness was both a gift and a curse. While he had that moral compass to know his mistakes and not repeat them, it also meant that he had a negative portrayal on himself due to his flaws. "Ryan, you told me when you got here that she had told her brother about getting back together with you. You think she would do that if she had any doubts about where you two stood?" Katherine wasn't wrong, although she knew when he got into his own head, it was tough to pull him out of it. "Don't do anything you'll regret. Just be honest with her. She's the love of your life. Don't make any rash decisions here. She loves you. I don't think she cares about how old you are or about threesomes or all those what if's if you weren't around. She's happy being with you."

Ryan finally turned back to look at her, nodding his head slowly. His eyes were a little glassy, covered mostly by his hair but she caught it through his hung head. "Yeah, I um... maybe... I'm gonna head out. I need to figure things out on my own. Sorry for, you know, shouting. I'll see you next time." Before she has a chance to stop him, he grabs his phone off the coffee table and heads out the door. It was an abrupt ending to their session.

Edited by user 05 August 2021 14:45:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
erich hess on 05/08/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 05/08/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 07/08/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/09/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 05 September 2021 14:39:09(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Even though this thread seems to be ongoing I must still say the amount of detail you put into your RPs is really amazing. I really learned a lot about Ryan’s personal life having read this. His characters has so much depth and complexity and the way you wrote it flowed so well. I was able to picture the scenes! Really top notch stuff and a change from the music threads. It’s always nice to get a look into characters thoughts and experiences. I’m looking forward to the next one ;P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
PANIC! on 06/09/2021(UTC)