logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<111213
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#241 Posted : 27 December 2013 08:41:22(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
ILL BE DOING SHORT, BUT TO THE POINT SINGLE REVIEWS WITH QUEEN ALEXIS. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HAVING THEIR SINGLE REVIEWED, PM ME :)
Do not expect any where near a huge essay lol.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Walton on 27/12/2013(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#242 Posted : 17 July 2014 01:47:01(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Hey I know it's a little late but if anyone would be up for reviewing SYNCO's Believe It or Back Avenues song I would really really appreciate it and love you forever :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#243 Posted : 17 July 2014 01:48:48(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
I'll give one of them a go if you want :) What one would you prefer me to do?
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 17/07/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#244 Posted : 21 July 2014 01:29:26(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

SYNCO - Believe It

UserPostedImage

If there's one word that can be associated most with girl bands in the pop world over the past few years, it would be "nearly". It seems that no matter how many tried to step out from the shadows of the myriad female solo artists and their comparatively more successful male counterparts, the challenge was time and time again just that one step too far. For all that Weekend and the Stat Nerds have created a buzz about boy band music that rivals that seen among the very biggest stars of the past decade, girl groups seem to have always fallen just short. Brown Sugar, Calisto, Mabirds and Lashes are just a few of the names who have promised so much, and ultimately fail to hit the heights that they might have done. However, girl bands have started to see something of a revival in recent times, and with 4U and The Dolls both delivering music that struck a chord with fans and critics alike in the past 12 months, it seems like one of pop's most promising acts, a girl group that some would say had previously come so close, "nearly" achieving their dreams of stardom, have taken it upon themselves to catapult girl bands back to where they belong to be, to an area where Girl Power was both Scandalous and Indepent, and most importantly, to a space and time where they could stand alone on their own two feet and prove that they have what it takes.

"Grown" is the buzzword around American-British five-piece SYNCO at the moment - and with the release of the first official single from their highly-anticipated album of the same name, it's clear to see that "Grown" is as much a biographical statement as it is a title. SYNCO have always been a band that have flirted with and cautiously fluttered their eyelashes at the prospect of greatness. Built around unity, friendship and cuteness, the band have been a solid prospect for the past few years, with a debut album that shifted a fair few copies and numerous global appearances, including becoming the first act ever to have graced the Chaos Awards stage three times with their live show. Perhaps their one problem, however, was that people wrongly failed to take them as seriously as they should have done. Five girls, all teenagers, having fun and being teenagers - it seems like a recipe for success, but did the music industry really take to them? In short - not like it should have. But that's all about to change if SYNCO's latest single is any indicator of what's to come.

Back with a new image and a more mature sound, SYNCO are clearly ready for action, and they mean business. Believe It is a raw, stripped back and honest emotional ballad that is so different to what we've heard from SYNCO in the past that you would swear at first listen that it's a different band entirely. Accompanied by little more than the gentle drum beat and clapping track, the track allows the five girls to really show off their vocal skills, and wow have they got skills! The mixed tones of the five as individuals are wonderful - going from the sweet and quiet, to the husky and sensual all the way to the powerful and mind blowing - while the moments they come together to harmonise on the massively empowering chorus will blow you away. The song itself leads with a theme of loneliness and being broken down, and these feelings are conveyed quite expertly through the lone vocals that emerge from the quiet backing, while the chorus itself comes forth with a message of unity and belief that will bring a smile to any face. Perhaps the most important part of the track for the band, however, is the emotion it carries. Too much pop music out there could be dismissed as soulless and empty, but not SYNCO. The girls clearly truly feel their art and connect with the song, a factor that makes it feel all the more raw and real than we might be used to in pop music, and it's glorious.

Perhaps SYNCO have just landed on something lucky here, but we don't think so - we think they may have just unlocked the secret to worldwide success in the land of girl band pop music. Because Believe It is so much more than just a song, much more than just a ballad about teenage problems. It's a message, and a call to arms that people can feel close to and can connect to on a much deeper level. It may not come packed with all the sass and attitude of someone like Destiny's Child or Misteeq, but it has a raw honesty that will resonate with so many people around the world, and it is that which will allow SYNCO to become one of the sensations of 2014. With the album just around the corner, and this fantastic lead single shining a torch for what's to come, SYNCO are about to shed the skin of "nearly" and become one of the biggest girl bands in the world. Put quite simply, they've Grown. And it couldn't have come soon enough.

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 21/07/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/07/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 21/07/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/07/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/08/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#245 Posted : 21 July 2014 01:48:25(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

ooc: Wow that was an amazing review Scott thank you so much for reviewing the girls' single :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
genocidal king on 21/07/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#246 Posted : 21 July 2014 02:00:17(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Ooc: No problem :) Glad you liked it :)
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#247 Posted : 12 October 2014 23:24:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
I'd love for someone to review Isabel's new album, link in my sig, and thank you in advance if anyone does take a crack at it :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 30/03/2015(UTC)
Offline dohaihoangnam  
#248 Posted : 09 December 2014 02:02:20(UTC)
dohaihoangnam

Man
Viet Nam

Was thanked: 342 time(s) in 177 post(s)
Hey, could someone review Reese Hollinsworth's new album? Here's the link: http://therockstargame.c...-LOVE---DEBUT-ALBUM.aspx

Thanks in advance!
UserPostedImage
"Deep breath in, deep breath out, now"

UserPostedImage

// REESE HOLLINSWORTH //
Offline C4AJoh  
#249 Posted : 24 March 2015 00:02:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Ello people!
It may be a whole lot to ask at short notice, but would anybody be willing to review the upcoming new 'Penetralia' single, I'd like to include the review with the single when I post the thread for it. So if you'd be happy to help out with a review PM me and I'll send you the single! If not I'll stop being a lazy ass and write it myself :)
Thanks in advance!

P.S - If you want a review from me then feel free to PM me! ThumpUp

Okay ... bye now! :)
Offline kandii  
#250 Posted : 15 April 2015 04:45:42(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Somebody should be my best friend and review Rum's E.P. Word of Mouth for the The Golden 15's thread as the week's number one album review lol. I've been trying to do this more often but I can't review my own album. An example: http://www.therockstarga...HARTS-UP.aspx#post407243 It's pretty in depth and uses a scale of 0-15 out of 15 for obvious reasons. If anybody wants to step up to the plate, PM me. Since it's an album review, I'll return the favor of the same or 2 singles.

Edited by user 15 April 2015 04:48:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#251 Posted : 26 May 2015 11:46:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

I'd love it if someone could review a few singles for me (it's only about 3 from different artists). PM if you're willing :) Thank you in advance.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

kandii on 26/05/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#252 Posted : 05 August 2015 11:13:47(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

So who would be up for reviewing this piece of poop?

UserPostedImage
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline mebeme101  
#253 Posted : 23 December 2015 05:35:41(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

So I know you're all busy with you're own stuff and live but I was wondering if anybody had the time maybe they could do a little review of Alec's debut album "INTO..." it'd be much appreciated :)

UserPostedImage

You can find it here
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
kandii on 23/12/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#254 Posted : 30 December 2015 09:20:08(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

I would like it very much if someone decided to review Anaísz's ep for me. I'd do it myself but I'd be biased and say it was the best thing since sliced bread so...
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

kandii on 30/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#255 Posted : 31 December 2015 09:42:25(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Can someone review Matt Young's single please?

http://www.therockstarga...tt-Young.aspx#post427293
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
kandii on 31/12/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#256 Posted : 21 December 2016 10:48:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Would anyone like to review LUSH's EP?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#257 Posted : 29 July 2017 11:22:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

If anyone or any persons would like to review Eilidh's album, please feel free :)

I'd greatly appreciate it!

http://www.therockstarga...read--Streaming-Now.aspx
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

squaregatescrub on 29/07/2017(UTC)
Offline squaregatescrub  
#258 Posted : 29 July 2017 21:25:07(UTC)
squaregatescrub

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 91 post(s)
ooc: Just want to say that I really appreciate the effort that you gave on that RP. Unfortunately, as much as I want to review it, it is not my strong point and I might not be able to do it justice. Again, good job!
(click on the banner for more info)

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked squaregatescrub for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/07/2017(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#259 Posted : 16 January 2022 06:24:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Would anyone like to review Suzie’s album, Dirty Pop?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO