logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Atonic Records  
#1 Posted : 08 February 2022 19:49:37(UTC)
Atonic Records

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2278 time(s) in 613 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: *Chaelin
Title: My Strings
Genres: Pop-punk ∙ alternative rock ∙ nu metal
Length: 3:11
Writers: Chaelin Lee & Taylor Parks
Producer: Taylor Parks
Label: Five Pesky Kids
From The Album: The Second Sex

My Strings is a song recorded by recording artist Chaelin Hue, stage name, *Chaelin. It is the first single off of her solo debut album "The Second Sex" which is expected for an early summer release. The writing process began in Paris, France where Chaelin has resided for the last three years finishing her academic master's in Sociology and Music at the Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences Po), the french elite University where her father is currently tenured as a literature professor. While focusing on her academic studies in Paris, concurrently her label, Five Pesky Kids, created a writing camp and production team in London to aid with the process of her debut album, which renowned producer-songwriter Taylor Parks (Tayla Parx) presided over. Although the camp was intended to ease the creative process, Chaelin decided to scrap not one, but two completed projects due to creative differences. This led to her having to decide between her music and academic career back in Paris, but unorthodoxly, the university allowed her to make her debut album her graduating thesis project.

Once the university approved the grading rubric, Chaelin began reading into feminist theory, such as "The Second Sex" by french existentialist Simone de Beauvoir who wrote about the treatment of women throughout history. Chaelin fell so in love with the text, she decided to make her debut album a concept album centered around Feminist and Marxist theory, which led her to name the then untitled project, The Second Sex. "My Strings" was one of the first songs recorded in a week in Paris, with the aid of Taylor Parks, credited as both songwriter and producer. The song lyrically takes an existentialist approach to the current issue of reproductive rights, which have been under attack globally by "far-right governments" - the singer mentions in an upcoming NPR interview. Although the singer began her musical career in a Korean pop girl group, the track sonically experiments with elements of pop-punk, alternative rock, and nu-metal, which are expected to be very prominent throughout her debut album.

Chaelin via NPR Interview wrote:
"I never intended on making my debut album a concept album, not because I felt incapable of creating one, but because so many fucking men and women told me that would be musical suicide. They told me no one wanted to hear that shit, and I was better off picking one of the two projects I scrapped, which in my opinion, sounded nothing like me. I sought the aid of my father once I spoke with my department on making my debut album the musical component of my dual sociology and music masters. He said it was a great idea, not because I first sought academic approval, but because I did not need exterior approval to approach the idea. I then had free range to make any type of album I wanted, but since I was so devoured by my academic studies, I decided why not further blur the lines of my two lives and make it a feminist theory concept album. Once the label found out what I was up to back in Paris, they demanded that I remove the university from having jurisdiction over the project - which then led to the university retaliating and funding the project, entirely."

"My Strings"

Killed my naivety
Towards love and inequality
And my hips grew bigger
Now the male gaze falls on me
Oh-oh, oh-oh

Criminalized my faith, my hips, my thighs
No autonomy, just the vessel of another life
(No life, no life, no life, no life)
Now I'm contemplating ending my life
But then who's going to work my nine to five
(Alt-right, alt-right, alt-right, alt-right)

I cut my strings
The crimes they seam
All leave a bruise
All leave a bruise

Heals and misdemeanors
Until The Second Sex becomes a fine
Now we all head to Nazareth
To bear children for our crimes
Oh-oh, oh-oh

Pain to the mother of the great design
Glory to the father who inherits her divine
(Divine, divine, divine, divine)
Capitalism birthed their laws and stock dividends
While we work until it's time to vote again
(Alt-right, alt-right, alt-right, alt-right)

I cut my strings
The crimes they seam
All leave a bruise
All leave a bruise

A crime
C-c-crime
In time
It all takes time
Crime, crime
Silent crimes

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 08 February 2022 20:14:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 11 users thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
2001clay on 08/02/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 08/02/2022(UTC), erich hess on 08/02/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/02/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 09/02/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/02/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/02/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/02/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 11/02/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/02/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 19/02/2022(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 08 February 2022 19:59:50(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
Tika Mays: Wow i just gotta say that i love this song already it give me that alternative pop vibe so very impressive

Keshia Love: Okay girl I see you girl so imma applaud you for that different sound so i'll be looking for to your music

OCC: Amazing job
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 08/02/2022(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 08 February 2022 22:25:14(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
Erica: *narrows eyes* don't think just because that was awesome I will forget what you took from me.

Nina: love,that was like 10 years ago.

Erica: pardon me for committing to a bit.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 09/02/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 09 February 2022 01:30:34(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19289 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Riley: Men ain't shit. So incredibly proud of you. Not just because of your talents and the insanely high quality of this track but also the fact that you're using your voice and platform for good. This song and your entire project is going to touch and influence so many. There's going to be a lot of people out there who relate to and take comfort in your words. For others, it will hopefully inspire them and open up their eyes to a much bigger picture. Between the music and your education, you really are such an intelligent, hard-working and inspirational person. Love and respect you dearly.

OOC: Omggg you're back!! What a lovely surprise, my lovely! Not only have you brought back the beloved Chaelin but she's returned as a fellow feminist/comrade QUEEN! I love when artists get personal and become self-aware, tapping into their identity, beliefs and start commenting on the world we live in. It resonates on another level and it equally goes for acts on here as well as real life. I really felt the conviction in your writing and reading Chaelin's thought process and passion behind her musical shift and future vision for her career really takes it up a notch. I love me a concept album and someone sticking the finger up towards this fucked society. Can't wait for "The Second Sex" to drop!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 09/02/2022(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#5 Posted : 13 February 2022 08:37:22(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: Fuck yes. I love everything about this song. It's a brilliant track that goes beyond its three minute and some seconds runtime. The message behind it carries so much weight to it. Everyone should be listening to this track. I can't wait to see what comes of the full project. If this thesis album doesn't get high marks, I will personally visit the Paris Institute of Political Studies and put in a compliant. I am overly hyped to see what comes of the full-length.

OOC: I love the concept behind this project! Looking forward to checking out what comes next. Great job!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 13/02/2022(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 19 February 2022 02:49:07(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Serenity: Yes, looooove this! I never know what to expect from your releases and that makes it fun lol. We stan an intellectual woman, hehe. But seriously, I love how different this sounds from what I'm used to hearing with new releases and I was not expecting this. I love the message you're giving and I seriously can't wait for what your album sounds like.

OOC: Yep, definitely one of my favorite new releases on here, and I love a concept album. I know sometimes they can be difficult to do but I applaud the attempt. I am also excited for the rest of the album :) And glad to see you back here again!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 19/02/2022(UTC)