logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 12 July 2022 20:08:22(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3970 time(s) in 1355 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: I Don’t Mind
Genre(s): Avant-Pop, Alternative Pop, Indie-Pop
Length: 4:27
Label: La Familia
Written By: Amy-Jayne
Produced By: Clarence Clarity, Kyle Lyons
Taken From: Shades Of My Heart (TBA 3rd album)

“I Don’t Mind” is the first single by American singer-songwriter Amy-Jayne’s third studio album “Shades Of My Heart”. It also marks her first single since the release of last single which was released in 2021 however it is unclear weather this single or her #1 hit Tick Tok will feature on her upcoming album or weather they will now stand as stand alone singles. “I Don’t Mind” also stands as the 31 year-olds first official single to be fully backed by the La Familia label. The song was written by the 31 year-old herself seemingly about a relationship that she is really happy in as the song has a positive message about love. The song has a run time of four minutes and twenty seconds making it quite unique as many songs in the modern era are short, sweet and to the point.

Musically “I Don’t Mind”, shows a completely new side to Amy-Jayne’s musical catalog as the song incorporates elements of Avant-Pop, Alternative and Indie-Pop genres which aren’t commonly Amy’s past bodies of work, she did however state in recent social media post that her new music was a completely new direction for her and this single clearly showcases that, the production for the single was handled by Clarence Clarity and Kyle Lyons, whom Payton called in to craft this new sound for Amy’s upcoming album so they are sure to be major factors in the overall production of Amy’s third album.

Critically “I Don’t Mind” has received mixed reviews from critics with many feeling that this new musical direction might be the wrong move for Amy’s career with many stating that the last time she shifted direction which was for her previous album “Cosmic Love”. The album flopped and failed to live up to the sales of her debut album which sold in the millions. Alan Blackman for 4Music wrote. “So she’s finally back, I was so hyped when she revealed new music was coming and sadly I am disappointed by this single it’s funky and boppy but it’s just not her, she’s a pop, R&B girl at heart…I am not sure Payton made the right call here for her to release this.”. Jessica Hussain for AllMusic wrote a more postive review. “I have seen many critic’s giving this song a lot of stick for being completely different from her other releases but isn’t that the point, she’s exploring and experimenting with her music and I personally find that so refreshing when musicians do that, this song doesn’t stray to far from her old music but having reviewed her entire third album first hand, I can say this album is full of experimentation and I Stan for it!.”. Dylan Ryker of Idoliator gave the song a rating of 1.5 out of ten. “Maybe this song will grow on me now it is groovy and I can see it doing okay but commercially I just don’t see it performing well which is a shame because we know that Amy is capable of producing #1 records but this song is a top 20 at a push.” Nicky Allman of Pitchfork ranked the song low in his review claiming that for a comeback track Amy could of came with something much stronger than this. “The song is very one dimensional and flat, where are her big vocal rifts and high notes this vocally is not a hard song for Amy or anyone to sing and maybe that is the point but highly disappointed by this effort hopefully once we get a chance to review her entire album it’ll have some of the bop we are used to from Amy.”

Lyrics

So excited, that’s how you get me babe, not trynna fight it,
Want you in every way,
I want you all to myself,
Want you to cover my mouth,
You know your just that good boy,
Always getting me so loud
Put it on me baby like you know you do
Make me feel it in my bones

So will you be mine?
Ill give you my time
Even forever, baby
I don’t mind baby
Give me all you have
Make me psycho for you
I don't mind, make me crazy
Make me love it
Make me drop it low
I don't mind

A little rough babe,
just throw me on your bed
switch it up babe
I’ll climb on top you instead
Put your hands on my waist
Sweat dripping off of my face
Love when we go at this pace
Love when you pull on my lace
When you put in work and make it a night to remember

So will you be mine?
Ill give you my time
Even forever, baby
I don’t mind baby
Give me all you have
Make me psycho for you
Make me love it
Make me drop it low
I don't mind

Let me work it on you
Pull you close bite on ya ear
Whisper sugar and spice into ya ear
Make you my bitch boy, make you hit it boy
Love the way you work
Makes me wanna twerk on ya
Twerk it, Work it, Drop it on ya
Make me psycho for you
Make me sweat, Make me wet

So will you be mine?
Ill give you my time
Even forever, baby
I don’t mind baby
Give me all you have
Make me psycho for you
Make me love it
Make me drop it low
I don't mind

So will you be mine?
Ill give you my time
Even forever, baby
I don’t mind baby
Give me all you have
Make me psycho for you
Make me love it
Make me drop it low
I don't mind

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
erich hess on 12/07/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/07/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 12/07/2022(UTC), kandii on 13/07/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 19/07/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 19/07/2022(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 14 July 2022 11:21:47(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Great work on this. I really enjoy the change of sound for Amy-Jayne! It really carves out her own lane for herself soundwise, especially after such a while without new music. I love when artists switch things up. The lyrics are awesome as well. A COMEBACK!!!

ThatKidPayton: Fuck duh hatahs. dey wanchu 2 b n a box dats nott howw weh do thingz at la familia. dis shit 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 #LaFamilia
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 14/07/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 14 July 2022 17:03:17(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19202 time(s) in 7631 post(s)
Joshua: Forget about what critics may say about the change in sound. Us artists should never be boxed in. We should be able to express ourselves and explore our creativity to no ends and it sounds like that is exactly what you're doing. I know myself what it's like to take the leap and switch things up. Can be intimidating but sooooo liberating when you finally start doing what you want. Just hearing the song, it sounds like you're having a great time working on this third record. This is a fantastic song which flirts between borders of different genres and really showcases your talents more so than anything before. Color me intrigued for this new album, Amy-Jayne!

OOC: So great to see Amy back and with a new sound in tow! She was the character that launched you on here all those years ago and it's so nice to still see her around here, evolving and growing stronger with each and every release. Wonderful work on this! Super catchy lyricism! Looking forward to seeing what's next :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 17/07/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 16 July 2022 16:52:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8625 time(s) in 2703 post(s)
Maliah Aguilar: Amy so wonderful to hear you on a track again. I know we got one last year but this feels like such a fresh restart. Your voice is so powerful and soulful as it has always been but it shines even more in this slightly different musical backdrop. Lyrically this track is such a vibe right now, sassy and confident. You know this is gonna give a whole lot of us confidence to just go get what we want and get a little crazy with it. Great stuff and I can't wait to see what you do working under 'La Familia'. Exciting times!!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Offline 2001clay  
#5 Posted : 16 July 2022 16:53:53(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3572 time(s) in 1279 post(s)
Stardom Boys: Yo we love your track and couldn’t wait to hear your album soon!

Occ: nice to see this character back and also good job!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 19 July 2022 02:16:32(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Great work on this. I really enjoy the change of sound for Amy-Jayne! It really carves out her own lane for herself soundwise, especially after such a while without new music. I love when artists switch things up. The lyrics are awesome as well. A COMEBACK!!!

ThatKidPayton: Fuck duh hatahs. dey wanchu 2 b n a box dats nott howw weh do thingz at la familia. dis shit 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 #LaFamilia

Ooc - thank you so much, I was honestly a bit nervous heading into this release but I am glad it seems to have resonated well

Amy-Jayne: Exactly honestly you are the mastermind behind this entire record let’s do this #LaFamilia

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Joshua: Forget about what critics may say about the change in sound. Us artists should never be boxed in. We should be able to express ourselves and explore our creativity to no ends and it sounds like that is exactly what you're doing. I know myself what it's like to take the leap and switch things up. Can be intimidating but sooooo liberating when you finally start doing what you want. Just hearing the song, it sounds like you're having a great time working on this third record. This is a fantastic song which flirts between borders of different genres and really showcases your talents more so than anything before. Color me intrigued for this new album, Amy-Jayne!

OOC: So great to see Amy back and with a new sound in tow! She was the character that launched you on here all those years ago and it's so nice to still see her around here, evolving and growing stronger with each and every release. Wonderful work on this! Super catchy lyricism! Looking forward to seeing what's next :)

Amy-Jayne: I have never much paid attention to critics I have always believed in put out the music that you like and your true fans will be there to like it and love it right back, I did enjoy the creation of this album very much and cannot wait for my fans old and new to hear it

Ooc - Thanks Sean, yeah Amy will always hold a special place in my heart because she was my first character, I am glad you like it!

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Maliah Aguilar: Amy so wonderful to hear you on a track again. I know we got one last year but this feels like such a fresh restart. Your voice is so powerful and soulful as it has always been but it shines even more in this slightly different musical backdrop. Lyrically this track is such a vibe right now, sassy and confident. You know this is gonna give a whole lot of us confidence to just go get what we want and get a little crazy with it. Great stuff and I can't wait to see what you do working under 'La Familia'. Exciting times!!

Amy-Jayne: Maliah thank you so much for the kind words I am honestly so excited about this record I can’t wait to get it out there!

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Stardom Boys: Yo we love your track and couldn’t wait to hear your album soon!

Occ: nice to see this character back and also good job!

Ooc - she’s my OG she’s always gonna be around

Amy-Jayne: Aww thank you boys, I am vibing to your track also let’s slay it together!

Edited by user 19 July 2022 02:17:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 19/07/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 22 July 2022 03:23:54(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Miki: This song is so dirty, I LOVE IT! One thing about Amy-Jayne is she's always going to push the envelope, you never know what kind of song to expect next from her. You have nothing but hits, no misses, it's why you're one of my biggest inspirations in this industry. Sending so much love your way!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 22/07/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#8 Posted : 26 July 2022 06:01:10(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Miki: This song is so dirty, I LOVE IT! One thing about Amy-Jayne is she's always going to push the envelope, you never know what kind of song to expect next from her. You have nothing but hits, no misses, it's why you're one of my biggest inspirations in this industry. Sending so much love your way!

Amy-Jayne: Aww the fact I am an inspiration to you just melts my heart, I never thought I’d be an inspiration so thank you so much for saying that and I have many more hits that I am ready to hit you with!

UserPostedImage