logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 22 August 2022 05:18:55(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Artist: James Urie
Title: All the Things That Could Happen Next
Formats: CD, LP, Digital Download, Streaming, Cassette
Genre: Rock, Alternative Rock, Post Punk Revival
Producers: James Urie, Various
Recorded: 2012 - 2022
Label: Safe Haven Records
Singles: "You're Going" (TBA)

All the Things That Could Happen Next is a compilation album by rock artist James Urie set to be released to stores and digital retailers in August 2022 with distribution from Urie's current label Safe Haven Records. The compilation consists of James Urie's most memorable singles, fan favorites and collaborative releases over his illustrious 12 year long career. The album also includes three new, never before heard songs. "All the Things That Could Happen Next" comes after James Urie's hiatus from music to tend to his personal life and personal demons which set off in 2018. During this time, Urie was slowly recording new music for an eventual comeback. No singles from All the Things That Could Happen Next have been released at the time of inclination but will include a release of brand new song "You're Going" set to be serviced to service to to radio and streaming services in late August.

James Urie's career discography consists of two solo EP's, two albums alongside The Walls band, and five studio albums. Prior to the release of "All the Things That Could Happen Next", James Urie released his 5th solo studio album Liberty. The album went through many different subjects that James Urie found personal to him since the at the time of the album. The album was released during the 2017 "drought" of music, with some calling it Urie's best work, but most underrated due to the climate of music during the time of its released. Liberty reached the top of the Chart Heat Album charts after the revival of the new album tracking chart. "Liberty?" followed up from his fourth studio album "The Recovery" in 2013. That album drifted through the uprising and newfound confidence and self-appreciation of James Urie in himself, letting go of anger that he had shown in the mainly depressed third album effort, "Tales from the Struggle". Prior to the release of "Tales from The Struggle", James Urie released his sophomore and debut solo album entitled Climbing and "Tales of a Lost Soul" respectively.

Despite being a well renown rock artist, James Urie has also found himself dabbling in things aside music including acting and some dark controversy. Urie has landed the lead role for a Starz tv series entitled "Everything's Fine" where Urie played a nerdy film major student, Ronan Rabenstein and a major controversy with pop star, Gemma who he was married to. At the times, Kane and Urie had a divorce that settled out of court with rumors spreading that Urie had to legally pay Gemma a huge lump sum of money. After the breakup, it seemed that James's journey to break his depression took two steps back and he never really opened up about it. Everything's Fine got a greenlight and James was known to be a hot prospect on set. Following the breakup, Urie took a hiatus but then released "Liberty?"

Following the release of "Liberty?", James Urie took his longest break from music. It is unknown at the time as to why the hiatus lasted so long, but Urie reemerged four years later on Twitter, congratulating his younger brother James Urie on the release of his new single "Demons'. Over the next few days James hinted at a return to music on twitter, making use of words such as "revival", and "I think it's time". On August 21st, James Urie posted to the first time on Instagram in over five years, prompting fans to anticipate the release of something new. "All the Things That Could Happen Next" is produced by various producers that Urie has worked with during his twelve year career. Throughout the album, fans can reminisce on James Urie's top songs and collaborations as sings in his signature hallow, possessed and deep like tone with hard hitting lyrics, guitars and drums that have become a signature of Urie's. The album also includes three new songs, "You're Going, "Edge of Tomorrow, and "Do You Like What You've become".

All the Things That Could Happen Next goes through many different subjects that James Urie has found personal to him since the start of his career in 2012 through with his releases. With an album that includes 16 songs, the album really encompasses James Urie's unrelenting impact on rock music being brought to the forefront. It all comes full circle, with James starting out as a member of The Walls, to breaking out on his own and becoming one of the longest standing and top selling rock artists in music. Aside from his solo recordings, the album also includes past collaborations with Reported Failure, Lily, Sara Daniels, Amy Meyer, Edward Barat, Julia Volkova. Songs such as Little Fire and Fragile are included as a never before heard alternate version of Urie's two collaborations with The Wolverines. Elsewhere on the album, there are different subjects present on "All the Things That Could Happen Next", such as politics, depression, overcome, hatred, death, love, optimism, among other topics. Sound wise, the album allows for fans to see how the 30-year-old rock star has changed and evolved over the years from earlier records in Better Than Hell, Broken, Bulletproof, and Retaliate to more recent cuts in Corpses, Kill You With Kindness and brand-new cuts "Do You Like What You've Become", "Edge of Tomorrow", and the politically and socially charged upcoming comeback single, "You're Going". The album title also suggests big things in the future for Urie, who is officially back.

All in all, "All the Things That Could Happen Next" has so much to offer in its sounds, lyrical content and James Urie's haunting performance over twelve years. The compilation album serves as a stark reminder of the undebatable staying power and impact James Urie has had on music for his longstanding fans, and newer listeners who may have heard the name, but are unaware of the undeniable impact of the rock star.

UserPostedImage

1. Better Than Hell
2. Trying My Best Not to Forget (feat. Sara Daniels)
3. Retaliate
4. Bulletproof
5. Broken (feat. Lily)
6. Farewell
7. Won't Be Sleeping Alone
8. Kill You with Kindness
9. Someone to Watch Over Me (feat. Edward Barat)
10. Little Fire
11.The Bite (with. Julia Volkova)
12. Fragile
13. Being Man (with Reported Failure)
14. Corpses
15. Fallen (feat. Amy Meyer)
16. Do You Like What You've Become?
17. Edge of Tomorrow
18. You're Going

Edited by user 25 August 2022 09:22:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 10 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
PANIC! on 22/08/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 22/08/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/08/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 24/08/2022(UTC), RadioVine on 24/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 27/08/2022(UTC), kandii on 27/08/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 28/08/2022(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 23 August 2022 11:54:46(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: "Better Than Hell"
Genre: Alternative Rock
Producers: James Urie, Bill Owens
Songwriters: James Urie

"Better Than Hell" is the first song off of James Urie's Urie's album "All The Things That Could Happen Next". The record was produced by James Urie and Bill Owens and drifts into a more heavy rock sound that James Urie hasn't exactly gone into this yet in his career. The record is looked at as an alternative rock based record that slowly breaks into a heavy rock influenced smash by the time the chorus rails on to the track. This is perfect for all rock fans alike, as it gives you classic Urie, but a breath of fresh new Urie attitude and sound that makes it a compelling listen throughout the track. Urie sings in his signature hallow, possessed and deep like tone with hard hitting lyrics and hard hitting guitars and a drums that go perfectly with the James's vocals. The record also slowly rises into a big chorus that takes you totally off guard. James hit the studio with metal producer Bill Owens looking to create the instrumental pieces for his backing band and overall production for the song as Urie had been listening and becoming inspired by metal and more hard hitting rock music after the breakup. James made it evident that the record would be quite different from his previous works but maintain his signature core sound and vocals, and made sure this new sound didn't come across as Urie trying to reinvent himself as a metal artist, because that is exactly what he isn't. After working closely with Bill Owens and writing the track solely, the birth of "Better Than Hell" came about.

The record tells the story of Urie being used and abused mentally and regretting his mistake of letting this person into his life, but also explains that the love they shared was surprisingly a thrill to him and that anything is better than hell. He recognizes that he was nothing but a toy and was used and goes onto unleash anger at this person explaining that karma is a bitch and in the end he'll win, and ends it off by saying that that person is no better than hell rising the question of ...is this toward Gemma? Whether or not, it's a captivating story that you have to listen for yourself to really understand James. Us explaining will not get it across. Trust me. The record starts off very calm and zen, with just acoustic guitars quickly strumming in the beginning of the record. Seconds in James's is heard with his hallow vocals that sounds as if it's emotional but building in anger. After the first lines of the song, over the strumming acoustic guitars is a haunting chanting vocals by Urie that is repeated that is repeated and then breaks in a heavy guitar and big drums. The chanting continues and James continues the next lines of the song and the song breaks into the chorus that features quite brutal guitars and drums that includes the chanting and Urie belting out the emotional chorus. Following is words the chanting and instruments continue to ram on heavily. The record returns back to the acoustics for the second chorus and does the same for he next chorus of the song. Following he second chorus, the song then breaks into the bridge where the instruments slow down where James sings emotionally about karma being a bitch and explaining that in the end he'll win. After holding a long note, the song breaks in the heavy guitars once more and Urie sings part of the chorus and then the beats go even bigger as he finishes out the song with a reworked ending chorus ending with him saying Cause you are no better than hell, recanting his earlier claims of having a thrill of this person "killing him well". Having the song come to an haunting end.

BETTER THAN HELL

We're on the wrong sides of each other,
You're draining my soul and another,
Raping my mind with lies about yourself.
This was all a movie to you

[Chanting]

You didn't think I was much to prove,
Just another toy to be thrown upon your shelf
And you must admit, you've been quite lucky,
Why are these still my surroundings?
You wonder why I don't speak up a thing,
But trust me darling, that's the hardest thing.

I hate it when you damn misuse me!
Take my heart and hold it against me.
But it's a thrill when you kill me well
And I don't want anyone else.
I hate I'm not the only one,
You'll search a million faces, just to get your own
But I won't change, time will tell
'Cause anything is better than hell

You look in and see me off-guard,
Fool your way inside and hit me hard,
Your angel ways were always the Devil's path
High on spirit, saw it in me,
But we never mixed so gracefully
It's always me who suffers the aftermath
And I must admit, I've been quite generous
It's just the way out would be treacherous
I'd miss the highs and the heat
Even if it's not weighty.

I hate it when you damn misuse me
Take my heart and hold it against me
But it's a thrill when you kill me well
And I don't want anyone else
I hate I'm not the only one,
But I won't change, time will tell
'Cause anything is better than hell

But hate spreads like disease,
And comes back around
And karma's a bitch,
But you got what you earned, you deserve this.
When I'm out, you won't care,
Or you'll beg in despair,
Either way, I'll win

Cause I hate it when you damn misuse me,
Take my heart and hold it against me
I hate it when I'm not the only one

Well I hate that I let you damn misuse me
You took my heart, and played it against me
It's no thrill when you kill me well
Now I'm looking for anyone else
I know I'm not the only one
You can't lie now; I've seen what you've done
But things are changing, time will tell,
'Cause you are no better than hell

Edited by user 23 August 2022 12:45:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 6 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 23/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 23/08/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 24/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 27/08/2022(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 23 August 2022 12:12:03(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: Trying My Best Not To Forget (feat. Sara Daniels)
Genre: Alternative Rock
Producers: Scott R.H

"Trying My Best Not To Forget" was a promotional record released by James Urie and features vocals from recording artist and song writer Sara Daniels. The song is also produced by Scott R.H, someone who Urie has cited as an influenced and would one day like to work with such a figure. The song itself has the core base of Alternative Rock and features sharp guitar chords and riffs that are present throughout the track. This is also infused with massive drum loops that follow closely behind each guitar chord and cymbal note that presents itself each time Sara Daniels's voice is heard. The song has a very up-tempo manner presented especially when Urie is singing out his vocals. The beat slows down for the short lines Sara sings with a very vulnerable sounding voice. This overall emotional style of the song, matches the lyrics which hit on betrayal as James Urie speaks of a "brother" who left him out to dry. At the time of release, fans alike speculated that the track was aimed at Urie's brother, Matt Urie. These rumors however, were never answered by James or Matt.

Elsewhere on the "Trying My Bestr Not to Forget", the track picks up heavily for the chorus where Sara sings out "All this sex|All these drugs|All these complications" repeatedly, while all of the recurring instruments join as one as a concoction for the bridge. It doesn't stop there however, as shortly after Urie yells out the next few lines starting off with "Brother!", the instruments stay with him for the emotional and dramatic manner of that specific part in the song. The unique lyrics of Urie's is present once again in the song and may take a while to quite understand, but when you do, you can clearly see the message in the song that Urie is trying to get across in the song, from start to finish.

TRYING MY BEST NOT TO FORGET

Black - James Urie
Blue - Sara Daniels
Bold & Black - Yelled

So I'm here alone
Feeling free
Trying my best not to forget
Who you were to me
Who I was to you
Even though my mind just wants to erase it
Their passing by
And looking at me
As if I caused the erasing

Brother
But why'd you leave me out for dead
Brother
Why couldn't you pick me up instead

It wasn't that
I was under attack
My brain wasn't so amazing
I was too busy high
Busy running from fire
That I felt was coming toward me

You were one of them
With the fire extinguishers
You could've helped me
No, you let it linger
And because of that
I learned to live on my own
This is so infused
With passive anger

Now it's your moment of sickness
And I've got the meds
But I've got this urge for a vengeance
Do I save your life
Or let it die
When they resuscitate
Should I stand there sly

Brother
But why'd you leave me out for dead?
Brother
Why couldn't you pick me up instead?

All this sex
All these drugs
All these complications
(3x)

Brother
I feel so wrong for not giving
Brother
I just don't want to be forgiven
Brother
I'm not crazy for not caring
Brother
Did you give shit when I had fallen

So I'm here alone
Feeling free
Trying my best not to forget

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 23/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 23/08/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/08/2022(UTC), erich hess on 23/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 24/08/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 25/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 27/08/2022(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 26 August 2022 13:50:55(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: Retaliate
Genre: Alternative Rock, Indie Rock
Producers: James Urie, Gareth Jones, Peter Katis

"Retaliate" is the third track off All The Things That Could Happen, once released as a second single off from Urie's third studio album "The Recovery". At the time, Retaliate was released through North Hill Records and became a sleeper hit for Urie, which was a significant feint for Urie due to it's sleeper success. Retaliate was written by James Urie and features production from Urie, alongside Gareth Jones and Peter Katis. On the song James Urie recalls the effects of broken heart syndrome, which eventually leads to self doubt with the prospect of self perseverance while still shedding a light on the idea that there is a pending vengeance and retaliation against someone at the center of the heartbreak. Retaliate is among one of Urie's most successful and signature songs. After the record was released, Urie further solidified himself as a mainstay in the rock music scene and is one of the fan favorite among James Urie released.

Retaliate starts off with calm guitar chords for the first few seconds of the track followed by sharp guitar riffs that join while being backed by drums. This instrumentation continues for about 12 seconds before Urie brings out his vocals. Urie's signature hollow, crisp vocals find its way to the track. Urie murmurs out throughout, making the song feel someone edging. The record's instrumentation, along with Urie's vocal performance allows for the song to feel relentless as Urie belts out the chorus of the record. Urie singes: Kick me while I’m down
And kick me well to the best of your ability /Because if you don’t, /There's no telling what could happen when I retaliate. Urie then stops singing and lets the instruments takes over for a few seconds, as the bassline slows down and the sharp riffs continue. Seconds past and the song breaks into a loud drum and guitar infused monster and maintains high energy throughout. It's the songs dark, booming groove that makes the song utterly strange, in a good way. This all mixed with its interchanging chorus which makes the song feel like a story being told with an open ending allowed for Urie to really hone in on the delivery of the song for listeners and have one question who this record could possibly be referring to.

RETALIATE

Here comes another anxiety attack
Second time today
Feeling guilty about letting it all slip away
All I can do is shiver and hope it goes away
Oh how long will this plague me
Only god can say
Oh how long will she plague me
Only god can say

Why'd I trap your old lies
Our sex, drugs and rock and roll lives
I blame myself for being blind
Then I realized that nothing else would change

While my heart still pumps,
My brain still thinks and my lungs still breathe
But every now and then I question if I still got the fight in me,
If I still got the fight in me,
Every now and then I question if I still got the fight in me,

Kick me while I’m down
And kick me well to the best of your ability
Because if you don’t,
There's no telling what could happen when I retaliate
Never underestimate me, never psychoanalyse me,
I'm alittle too complex for anyone to see
You can kill and harm me but my spirit will always come up triumphant

But there's no telling what could happen when I retaliate
No telling what could happen when I retaliate
No telling what could happen when I retaliate

I suffered long enough, you torturing me,
Your pride and ignorance at the expense of my happiness
Elevate the pedestal and watch me take the grand stand
While you at it get use to me always taking first prize

You causing me pain has driven me to success
I know the more successful I get
The more bitter you'll become,
And the uglier you'll get
And the sillier you become

While my heart still pumps,
My brain still thinks and my heart still beats
But every now and then I question if I still got the fight in me,
Every now and then I question if I still got the fight in me,

Kick me while I’m down
You better kick me well to the best of your ability
Because if you don’t,

You can’t pin me down forever
Because I finish things before they start
Never push me with my back against the wall
Because I am against all odds '

Kick me while I’m down
You better kick me well to the best of your ability
Because if you don’t,

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 26/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/08/2022(UTC), erich hess on 26/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 27/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 27/08/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 31/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 12/09/2022(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 03 October 2022 05:05:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: Bulletproof
Genre: Alternative Rock, Indie Rock
Producers: James Urie, Gareth Jones, Peter Katis

"Bulletproof" is the fourth track off of James Urie's compilation album "All The Things that Could Happen Next". The track starts off with an eerie backing beat that moves along the opening eeriness of the song, followed by a few short keyboard notes that are present for the opening of the song. Although this lasts for just the first 12 seconds of the song, it may leave the listener already eager for me. Right as these seconds pasts, drums unleash onto the track that makes the initial sound of the track become more catchy. The drums play along for a few seconds in a repetitive manner for about 6 seconds and the bass guitar finds it way right behind the drums making a beautiful mixture of sounds followed by those quite deep keyboard sounds that were heard in the beginning of the song and finally the guitar strums are hard making this final opening piece quite ace. These instruments make a enjoyable introduction and start to the track, but what we are also waiting for is the prowess of a voice that Urie possesses, and sometimes having the listener wait for the actual vocal is the right idea. As this concoction of instruments continue, Urie's voice breaks out onto the track finally. His signature, strong, powerful but at the same time hallow and possessed like voice is heard. He sounds quite angry as these instruments compliment his voice well in this Indie/post punk-revival like sound that screams 80's as Urie opens up.

Urie belts out out this catchy chorus with so much emotion explaining that he's now bulletproof and that these bullets that are shot at him is nothing to sever obviously speaking symbolically about something or someone that once hurt him that he holds this anger to, no longer has anything to inflict on him as well as getting a point across that this person is hating the fact that he is succeeding. The instruments and beat that we heard at the beginning of the song find it's place bringing the first chorus to the second verse as this track continues. In this verse, Urie seems to open up more about this being or person that hurt him. His vocals, sounding strong yet emotionally fueled with anger croons through the next verse. As Urie continues to give more clues in this complex track.

The beat is now all slow and withering yet still trying to get to James for the sake of getting rid of him and automatically the guitars get stronger and the percussion stay at the same pace as well as the drums as Urie begins singing the hook of the track "I admit I had a few screws unloose |But that doesn't mean it's justifiable |For you too continue to shoot |And if roles reversed|You'd feel the same way I now do too" followed by the guitars logging up with the drums and backing beat and unleashing the chorus of the track. Urie belts out once again the catchy lyrics of this Indie rock/alternative/punk revival track. Following the chorus, the openings beats and instruments once again take over for a few seconds bringing us to the bridge of the song where the track breaks down with no guitar, just the percussion, drums and bass as Urie sings in a whispery manner. As he calmly sings about life, and watching this being or person disappear and turn to steam. After this is said, the beat picks up once more and the chorus unleashes one last time, with Urie belting out the final chorus of the track with all the instruments coming together.

BULLETPROOF

Why is it that no one speaks
About my time before
The days where I stood there
And stared off at the road
I even knew myself
My heart was hardly adorned
And all you did was choose to judge me
No one even alarmed

I admit I had a few screws unloose
But that doesn't mean it's justifiable
For you too continue to shoot
And if roles reversed
You'd feel the same way I now do too

So you can take that gun and aim it to your head
Or test your luck and aim it to my chest
Pull the trigger
You want to watch me wither
But when I stand together
It really makes you quiver
I'm so bulletproof
I bet your wonderin' too
Yeah I've pulled it together
Your bullets nothing to sever
I'm so bulletproof
Bullet proof, I'm so bullet, bullet proof

Before this all
When you shot out your words
They pierced through my skin
Nothing ever felt worse
I'm surprised that I even survived
And you continued to thrive
But look who's dying out now?
I'd like you to sit down and think about how

Your pulse is now falling way behind mine
If it was some years ago
I'd be where you are now
But look at you, all slow and withering
Still shooting toward me, for the sake killing me

And if roles reversed
You'd feel the same way I now do

Pull the trigger
I'm so bulletproof
I bet your wonderin' too
I'm so bulletproof
Bulletproof
I'm so bulletproof , bulletproof

Oh this is the life, the one that I imagined
Oh this is the life, the one from my dreams
Oh this is the life, where I get to watch you turn to steam
[4x]

And if roles reversed
You'd feel the same way I now do

Pull the trigger
I'm so bulletproof
I bet your wonderin' too
I'm so bulletproof
I'm so bullet, bullet proof , bullet proof

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 03/10/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 03/10/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/10/2022(UTC)