logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 07 October 2022 13:20:50(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3970 time(s) in 1355 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Puppet Master
Length: 3:20
Label: Ruff Round Records
Genre(s): Synth-Pop, Euro Pop
Written By: Malik Jarvez
Produced By: Mr DJ Hurricane
Taken From: Falling Into Place

"Puppet Master" is the fourth single by Puerto-Rican American singer-songwriter Malik Jarvez and serves as the fourth track released from his debut studio album "Falling Into Place" which was released last month and spent two weeks at the top of the album chart. "Puppet Master" also marks the first single from the 26 year-old to be released after the albums release with his three previous single being released prior to the albums release. "Puppet Master" is a Synth-Pop blended with a euro pop track, giving the track a very European vibe which will go over well with his fans in those territories. The track was once again solely written by Malik himself with production handled by his label boss Mr DJ Hurricane, which can only mean that this was one of the last tracks produced or finished for the album. The track has a total runtime of three minutes and twenty seconds. Lyrically the track has similar theme to his #1 hit “Ex In My Bed” as it has the running theme of being unfaithful to his significant other and feeding them lies just to stay in there good books while playing dirty behind their back. Not only does the track follow “Ex In My Bed” lyrically but musically the track also follows a similar pattern and sound, with the up-tempo beat the way in which Malik delivers the vocals for the track also follow a similar pattern however “Puppet Master” showcases Malik utilising his falsetto vocal range which shows his range a diversity given Malik typically sings with a raspy deep tone.

Critical reception for "Puppet Master" has been generally positive with Mary Jenkins of 4music writing. "For me this was one of the standouts from his debut album and it actually has become one of my personal most played tracks within my Spotify since the albums release so I am glad that it is getting single treatment because it definitely deserves it". Mason Temple of NME gave the song a rating of 6/10 writing "Don't get me wrong its a bop for sure but for me it is too similar in sound and lyrical content to his smash hit "Ex In My Bed" but I can see the song doing well with his fans for sure I just feel like he could of dropped a different track as a single following the albums release." Jessie McVey for Idolitor wrote in her review. "This song is another bop from this young hotshot, It is super catchy and relatable to both men and women because let's face it 99% of us have been unfaithful to a significant other in our lives at least once so the song is for sure relatable." Mark Ventz of Digital Spy wrote in his review. "This is such an effortless track, its lyrics are naughty and portray the 26 year-old as unfaithful it makes the listener beg the question is his relationship as solid as it is portrayed in the media. Or is this song really playing on the real life reality of his relationship and we don't know it, but for sure a standout of the album, solid track for sure." James Connors of Rolling Stone wrote. "Bop personified if this song wasn't going to be released as a single it would've been a crime, such a strong tune I can sense another number one coming Malik's way with this one."

Malik wrote:
so here it is single number four “Puppet Master” now again wasn’t the easiest track to write given the fact I’m a very loyal person but just like with “Ex In My Bed” I had to put myself in the shoes of someone else, I had to come at this track with the mentality of someone who was unfaithful so I had to channel that person and this track came about, I feel like again this is relatable to men and women but for different reasons obviously, for men it’s relatable because well there are men out there that embody the lyrics of this one, and ladies can relate because well some women seem to just attract these kinda guys that just mess them around, this was chosen as the fourth single purely because it seems to be quite the fan favourite from the many comments and the such that I have seen on social media so it was a no brainer for me to release this one as a single...I cannot wait to see my fans enjoy this track even more now that it is getting single treatment so enjoy guys!

Lyrics

Told you lies to save my skin
Kept you sweet with my honeyed words
I don’t blame you if you walk away
Played you like a fool
Used you because I’m afraid of lonely
Played with your heart like a fiddle
I have a hold over you like a ghost in the night

I’m only going to break your heart
Break you heart, smash it into pieces
But for some reason I love it, love it
Love seeing you cry
Call me an asshole, make you my slave
But I love playing you like the puppet master
I am the puppet master of your heart

Told you this and that to not raise attention
Can’t help myself
I get a kick out of playing the game
Keep you sweet and close
So I don’t have to mark my grave and lay in it
Playing the field of love
While you stick by my side
Unaware of the games I play

Love seeing you cry

Puppet master
Puppet master
I am the puppet master
Puppet master
Puppet master
Call me the puppet master

Told you what you wanna hear
Just so I can keep it wet
Making you look foolish for my own gain
Call me a control freak
Controlling you like a boss at your job
Your friends can see the truth
But I am in your head and have the power over you
Like a vampire in the dead of night

Love seeing you cry

Puppet master
Puppet master
I am the puppet master
Puppet master
Puppet master

Puppet master
Puppet master
I am the puppet master
Puppet master
Puppet master

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 07 October 2022 13:43:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 07/10/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/10/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 08/10/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/10/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 10/10/2022(UTC), erich hess on 10/10/2022(UTC), kandii on 20/10/2022(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 10 October 2022 03:07:48(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: PERFECT single choice for Malik after a really strong year! It's pretty crazy how you did most of Malik's album on your phone because what? You could never tell. Each time you release, I love to read through the description because you provide a detailed explanation of the premise and background of the record which allows for readers to really connect with the song even more. This here is no different. Great song and lyrics, good job all around :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 10/10/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 10 October 2022 03:56:36(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19195 time(s) in 7627 post(s)
Oscar: Feel like I'm constantly blowing smoke up your backside with all these compliments but I can't help it! Such a huge fan of your work. You're my favourite new act in recent years. I'm aware that lyrically, this isn't the sweetest song but I'm also aware that it was written from a different point of view and I have to commend that. You're a very talented writer who is clearly capable of approaching music from different angles and you're already showing a lot of strength and versatility and such an early stage of your career. Bigger things on the horizon! Excellent work, sir.

OOC: Echoing what Jaime said, the fact that the bulk of Malik's work was done on a phone is insane! I could never!! lol. Wonderful work here. You've done such a brilliant job building and finetuning Malik. He's already up there with some of your best and most successful characters. He has a strong identity of his own already. Amazing job with all you've done so far!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 10/10/2022(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#4 Posted : 10 October 2022 16:05:37(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3569 time(s) in 1277 post(s)
Tika Mays: aaaaaaaah!!!!!!! Malik OMG i am so thankful that you release Puppet Master cause i literally went like was this song hasn't been release so i'm happy everyone else is happy!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 10 October 2022 16:05:49(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: PERFECT single choice for Malik after a really strong year! It's pretty crazy how you did most of Malik's album on your phone because what? You could never tell. Each time you release, I love to read through the description because you provide a detailed explanation of the premise and background of the record which allows for readers to really connect with the song even more. This here is no different. Great song and lyrics, good job all around :)

Ooc - Yeah I figure this one reflects his album as a whole, yeah believe me it was tough writing out his album on my phone but I did it, awww I am glad you take the time to read them it’s honestly just become second nature for me to write my description out like this at this point but thank you so much for the kind words and I hope you continue to enjoy Malik’s future releases
UserPostedImage
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 10 October 2022 16:10:31(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Oscar: Feel like I'm constantly blowing smoke up your backside with all these compliments but I can't help it! Such a huge fan of your work. You're my favourite new act in recent years. I'm aware that lyrically, this isn't the sweetest song but I'm also aware that it was written from a different point of view and I have to commend that. You're a very talented writer who is clearly capable of approaching music from different angles and you're already showing a lot of strength and versatility and such an early stage of your career. Bigger things on the horizon! Excellent work, sir.

OOC: Echoing what Jaime said, the fact that the bulk of Malik's work was done on a phone is insane! I could never!! lol. Wonderful work here. You've done such a brilliant job building and finetuning Malik. He's already up there with some of your best and most successful characters. He has a strong identity of his own already. Amazing job with all you've done so far!

Malik: Ah man that means a lot coming from you, I honestly am so glad that people are vibing to my music…it honestly still blows my mind but by all means continue to inflate my ego it’s all good!

Ooc - Yeah it wasn’t easy trust me, but thank you Sean I honestly am having a blast with Malik right now and I feel like that shows with the consistency with him and how fast I wrote his album so his definitely going to be a main stay in terms of characters for me

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Tika Mays: aaaaaaaah!!!!!!! Malik OMG i am so thankful that you release Puppet Master cause i literally went like was this song hasn't been release so i'm happy everyone else is happy!

Malik: Aww Tika thank you so much, yeah for me this song had to be a single it was a no-brainer so I am glad that you where liking it from the album and now you can enjoy it even more!
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 10/10/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/10/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 21 October 2022 09:07:56(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
WINNIE: You have such a powerful voice and it carries this pop song so well! With every listen it becomes even more electrifying, really nice job here!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 21/10/2022(UTC)