logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 30 October 2022 01:21:47(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Hit List”
Artist(s): Kara Romero
Release Date: October 29, 2022
Format: Digital Download, Streaming, Airplay, 12” Single, CD Single
Recorded: Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Rap, RnB
Length: 4:17
Label: Just Record / Dahlhouse Entertainment
Writer(s): Kara Romero
Producer(s): Kara Romero, Nevaeh Martinez, Cory Dionne

“Hit List” is a single from Spanish-American musician ‘Kara Romero’, following a busy summer in which she’s released three singles as she continues the build to her sophomore album. Her latest offering shows a different side to her artistry, removed are the moving ideas and empowered lyrics of female justice in the face of the Roe V Wade decision with ‘When Will We Get Our Flowers’. With the latest single “Hit List” we see the artist delve more into her own sultry and independent side, a four minute jam with upbeat rhythmic sounds with a slight Caribbean undertone are at the forefront of this track as she dips her feet into the waters of a party song of sorts. Lyrically it begins solemn but before the end of the opening verse we are given the switch-up as it becomes clear that this is a track of female dominance as she sings about how she’s taking charge of her life and building up her own hit list and doing so without the feeling of shame over how she decides to live her life freely and openly when it comes to love.

The track was written by Kara Romero and produced by Romero alongside Nevaeh Martinez and Cory Dionne. The track was recorded at Basement Studios in Brooklyn, New York. The single is set to be released on October 29, 2022 through Just Record and Dahlhouse Entertainment. The single will be made available via Digital Download, Worldwide Streaming, Weekly Airplay, 12” Single and as a CD Single.

GENIUS VERIFIED

Quote:
”It’s crazy that there’s still this sort of stigma in certain circles when it comes to sex. I’ve had conversations with my girl friends for years over this and they all have that same feeling of worry and self-doubt and find themselves holding back because they’ve got this unrealistic image of how they should act and how they should behave even when they’re young and single. Men, don’t have that same hurdle when it comes to shit like that because it’s like a fuckin’ badge of honor if they’re out fuckin’ different girls every night. Ya’ll don’t need to be out there running through guys if that ain’t what you want but you also shouldn’t be feeling the type of judgement internally and externally that us girls do if we have a period of time in our lives when we do decide to run through a few dudes. We ain’t all that fuckin’ different, believe me. Like a lot of us are after that shit in very much the same way, we just have to be more subtle and low-key about it, unfortunately. This song for real is about that fuck ya’ll attitude, I’m on some typa shit right now and I’mma go out and fuckin’ conquer in this aspect. I wanna fuck around, I’m gonna fuck around and have some fun with it;

verse one
“I'm always good on my own, fuck it's all I've ever known
Got em' all tryna change me, catching feels
Talkin' bout love

It's purely that idea that if you’re legit not falling in love or catching feels for half a year or more, that honestly are you gonna be alone for that entire period of time? It’s such an old-fashioned concept that you have to have feelings for someone to have sex with them. Like nah, you can find a dude you wanna fuck around with for a few hours but don’t want anything to do with on any other level. Even now in 2022, I will take someone back home and there’s this expectation that I’m gonna wanna make some sort of commitment.

But I'm not all about that
I've sometimes stumbled and fallen for the concept
But I'm on a new wave, on some new shit
This bitch is just out here building up her motherfuckin' hit list

Yeah, this is like a come to Jesus moment for me. There’d be a period of my life where I would beat myself up over the fact that I did some nasty shit the night before and the next day be full of guilt because there were no real feelings there. That’s what I mean by ‘stumbled and fallen for the concept’ because from an early age you’re basically taught as a girl that you find your man and it’s all nice and perfect and you have family and all that pretty perfect life bullshit. When you’re young and you’re living in a city like New York and you’re legit partying five nights out of seven most weeks, that concept that you’re taught from an early age really fucks with your head. That next part is basically the clarity, ‘on a new wave’, ‘on some new shit’ like I’m gonna go out there and fuck around because why should I deny myself this notion of being young and doing shit that I want to do, take all the fuckin’ numbers you can get because you’re gonna run into some lonely fuckin’ nights and sometimes hitting up those numbers is the correct remedy in those moments. Like, just fuckin’ get it.

pre-chorus
I like to leave em' needing me
I like to leave em' on their knees
I like to leave em' begging please

Is super fuckin’ self-explanatory. It’s kind of like taking back that power for yourself, you’re the one making the calls, you’re the one hitting people up and taking charge of the situation. You’re getting what you need from them in that moment and you’re taking back the power.

chorus
They seem to get this twisted
I'm like an assassin working unassisted
I'm just out here adding names and numbers to my hit list

I loved this when I wrote it, which isn’t always the case. But I just love the imagery and the way that it flows as a chorus. It’s pretty rare to get a run that fits the concept lyrically but also just bounces so perfectly to the beat of your song. Yeah, it’s the initial confusion when you tell em’, basically you wanna good time, fool around for a while but there ain’t gonna be anything to come from this long term. I like the honesty of it, I like that you can basically give somebody an out right away. It removes communication issues and lets you both know immediately if you’re on the same vibe.

verse two
They think they got me figured for a short bitch
Five feet and two inches, think they've gotta go easy with it
Crazy bitch likes the physical shit
Wanna be thrown around and stretched out, get real lit
Just know I ain't gonna break
Baby, I can handle it

Oh shit, we’re getting real visual with this section. For real though, it’s kinda wild out there. Like there’s a lot of weird things that people are into today, a lot of the time ya’ll both just figure out where the line is pretty early on in the encounter. But sometimes the lines get blurred a little. I think for me personally, there’s been a few times when I’ve seen em’ hold back and they’ve gone a lil too tame and that ain’t my vibe. So yeah, basically from the outside I’m pretty short, pretty skinny and it ain’t a bad thing but the gentle stuff doesn’t really do anything for me. In those situations, you have to take charge a little early on until they’ve figured it out. If it’s gonna be vanilla then it would just feel like a lot of wasted time, like we’re there for a reason for a release of some sort.

By the end of the session, sweat drippin', we connectin'
It's always round two I'm expecting
Stamina gotta be on full max, no disrespectin'
Hoppin' off and on, changing it up like it's an Olympic routine we're perfecting
It's perfect how it is, don't risk it
No feelings involved, legit
Just go with it

Yeah, kinda building on that. Make it worthwhile, use the space you’ve got, make things exciting. And that end line, ‘No feelings involved, legit. Just go with it.’ Is basically just kind of saying, there’s no need to hold back. If you’re both going into it, knowing that it’s just a short term relief that you’re both going for then just go for it. People hold back sometimes when there’s feeling involved because there’s an aftermath to consider. But if ya’ll are just gonna be meeting up randomly to hook up, use that to your advantage and make it what you want it to be. A lot of the time, it’s a stress reliever. Like fuck it, have fun with it.
That’s my fuckin’ song. I guess ya’ll all know me a little deeper now, huh? Stream that shit!

“Hit List”

“I'm always good on my own, fuck it's all I've ever known
Got em' all tryna change me, catching feels
Talkin' bout love
But I'm not all about that
I've sometimes stumbled and fallen for the concept
But I'm on a new wave, on some new shit
This bitch is just out here building up her motherfuckin' hit list

(pre-chorus)

(chorus)

They think they got me figured for a short bitch
Five feet and two inches, think they've gotta go easy with it
Crazy bitch likes the physical shit
Wanna be thrown around and stretched out, get real lit
Just know I ain't gonna break
Baby, I can handle it
By the end of the session, sweat drippin', we connectin'
It's always round two I'm expecting
Stamina gotta be on full max, no disrespectin'
Hoppin' off and on, changing it up like it's an Olympic routine we're perfecting
It's perfect how it is, don't risk it
No feelings involved, legit
Just go with it

(pre-chorus)

(chorus)
I'm just out here adding names and numbers to my hit list”

Sound Alike;

Jessie Reyez – “Body Count”

Credits and Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced by Kara Romero, Nevaeh Martinez, Cory Dionne
Engineered by Cory Dionne
Mixed by Nevaeh Martinez, Cory Dionne
Recorded at Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, USA

PERSONNEL

Kara Romero – vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Ignacio Santos – piano, bass, composition
Augustine Francis – drums, percussion, programming
Nevaeh Martinez – production, mixing
Cory Dionne – production, mixing, engineering
thanks 10 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 30/10/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/10/2022(UTC), erich hess on 30/10/2022(UTC), kandii on 30/10/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/10/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/10/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 30/10/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 30/10/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/10/2022(UTC), RadioVine on 03/11/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 04 November 2022 04:46:39(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Rum: She just playing yall! Kara my girlfriend in real life, nobody allowed to touch her.

Coke: Don't you got a man?

Rum: Don't you got a husband??? Mind your married business!

OOC: I love love love this rollout, every single is showing a new side of Kara! Great job on this and you know I love genius verified it shows how much thought goes into the song writing and provides so much clarity for the listener.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 13/11/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 06 November 2022 20:49:08(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Billy: Seriously cannot wait for this album. You have so many different sides to your artistry and expression and yet it still manages to all sound cohesive and of the same quality. Although it's not as heavy as your previous release, the whole concept of sex and female power is still sadly a political hot topic. Whether it's heart-breaking or sultry, you always have your finger on the pulse and clearly have a lot to say. Fucking admire that. Another excellent job, Kara!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 13/11/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 17 November 2022 17:24:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Rum: She just playing yall! Kara my girlfriend in real life, nobody allowed to touch her.

Coke: Don't you got a man?

Rum: Don't you got a husband??? Mind your married business!

OOC: I love love love this rollout, every single is showing a new side of Kara! Great job on this and you know I love genius verified it shows how much thought goes into the song writing and provides so much clarity for the listener.

Kara: 🤭

OOC: Thank you! It's my first use of that style, so once I figure the best way to structure it, hopefully it will be something I use more in the future. I definitely preferred describing the song in that format.
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 17 November 2022 17:30:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: Seriously cannot wait for this album. You have so many different sides to your artistry and expression and yet it still manages to all sound cohesive and of the same quality. Although it's not as heavy as your previous release, the whole concept of sex and female power is still sadly a political hot topic. Whether it's heart-breaking or sultry, you always have your finger on the pulse and clearly have a lot to say. Fucking admire that. Another excellent job, Kara!

Kara: Thank you, Billy! Although, honestly it is going to be a hot mess. Kinda on brand though, wouldn't you say? In the writing process, it never felt like it was a statement song. But when you break it down in that way, I guess subconsciously it's a track that was written out of frustration with how the world treats that shit. It was only in listening after the fact that it occurred that this is what the track is. Thanks for the high praise, appreciate the fuck outta you, man. Always!