logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 12 December 2022 03:51:26(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Single: Iron Man
Artist: Lotus
Label: Songs To Live And Die By, Dahlhouse Entertainment
Release Date: December 10th, 2022
Genre: Hip Hop, March
Written by: Sarojini "Lotus" Lui
Produced by: FancyÑ
Length: 3:31

Iron Man is the latest single from female rapper Sarojini "Lotus" Lui. The song was produced by FancyÑ and written by Lotus. It was released on December 10th, 2022 by Songs To Live And Die By with additional promotion from Dahlhouse Entertainment. After the successful release of Lotus' previous song, SHIVA, her 2nd studio album was once again delayed due to scheduling conflicts between Lotus and her management company, Dahlhouse Entertainment. Though many rumors have been circling the internet regarding any discord between the two parties, Dahlhouse Entertainment released an official statement denying those claims. "There were many artists previously scheduled for Q4 releases and our agenda has been reorganized." A representative of the major company explained. "We here at Dahlhouse Entertainment value all of our artists and wish to see them succeed. The last thing we want is for the Dahlhouse family to wind up competing against each other on the charts when we can simply reallocate their releases and our resources for a more favorable period."

Musically, Iron Man is a Hip Hop record with elements of marching band music which is very popular amongst American students that attend Historically Black College Universities also known as HBCUs. The track's instrumentation mostly consists of marching percussions which is often referred to a drumline. This includes snare drums, tenor drums, bass drums, and a soft cymbal. What separates the HBCU marching band sound from it's PWI (Predominantly White Institution) marching band counterpart is that HBCU marching band arrangements are heavily influenced by popular Black American genres like Jazz, Hip Hop, and Gospel. It's what makes the marching band sound perfect for Lotus' Hip Hop Rap song. The inclusion of the military march genre gives the sound of Iron Man a level of intensity that perfectly fuses with the bold lyrics.

Lotus' lyrical prowess is potent and stern on Iron Man. She compares herself to Tony Stark the Marvel Superhero as she declares dominance over her field. Though she has been a UNICEF ambassador for years, she controversially references Tony Stark's career as an international weapons dealer and even goes as far as to glorify gun violence in Hip Hop. While critics consider Iron Man to be an outstanding display of lyricism, they additionally criticized Lotus' unfriendly attitude towards other female rappers. Rumors of Lotus not empowering her female peers have always clouded her career, being well known for her beef with inactive female rapper SONYAE during her debut era. "One day, they say I hate men. The next day, they say I hate women. Has anyone considered that I just hate everybody? I don't discriminate. Check my old shit. I come for the men in my industry just as hard." Lotus comments in a recent interview. "People are so used to the bubblegum rap they've been exposed to over the years.. I was never that. Real Rap is a competitive sport. I can't think of one rapper out and active right now that I don't genuinely respect. Still, no matter how much I enjoy my peers, I'm going to get in the booth and show you why I'm better. That's just me and it's apart of the culture."

Lotus

Alright..
Alright..
Alright..

Fakes all up on me
They deserve Tony's
So baloney, they deserve Oscars
Meyers, cut em off, chop her
These girls so scary, it's awkward
You Mommie's Dearest daughter
I raised you better than this!
You can't be me, you a bitch!
I can't be cloned, I'm a glitch
Everybody don't understand
Cultivated the greatest weapon when I sharpened my pen
Now they all on my glizz, they wanna know where I been
I was trapping worldwide, out my studio, out my Benz

Stay strapped like Iron Man, Iron Man, Iron Man
I'm the Iron Man
And I run this shit with an Iron Hand
Until that lil’ hoe kiss the ring, she’ll never stand

Stay out my biz and if you smart, stay out my lane

I carry a glizzy, if you scared, stay out the range
Die or go to jail, that’s the only way out the game
I'ma bring real rap back and scare away all these lames
The streets chose me and a label chose you
Don’t need another number 1, bitch I’m never number 2
Never blinded by a chart, they can't see me in the booth
They so mad I spit on hoes but I only spit the truth

Stay strapped like Iron Man, Iron Man, Iron Man
I'm the Iron Man
And I run this shit with an Iron Hand
Until that lil’ hoe kiss the ring, she’ll never stand

She tryna steal my spark
Now I gotta pull out my Stark
She running, she won’t get far
I pull up, leave it in park
This from somewhere that end in -Stan
That’s why it go BAM! BAM! BAM!
This Lil Uzi toured the world
That’s why it don’t ever jam
Time to light it up
Ain’t no witnesses or no fans
Right before I put on this show
I gotta black out the cams
I only do what I can
Superhuman but I’m not perfect
Can’t show mercy, I’m not Batman
And you dingbats don’t deserve it
Gotta charge me internationally if they want me in the pen
Gotta book me for war crimes if they don’t like my commands
They collect my bags overseas, I count everything that comes in
And if I can’t find every penny, someone won’t be found again

Lil bitch, I’m Iron Man!
Iron Man!

Edited by user 12 December 2022 04:10:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 12/12/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/12/2022(UTC), erich hess on 12/12/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/12/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 13/12/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 14/12/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/12/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/12/2022(UTC), Atonic Records on 28/12/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 18 December 2022 01:22:00(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
Jadyn Ghalen (Boa): For real, this my typa shit. This is an aggressive statement of intent. Ain't a lot of people out there willing to say they the best and deliver. You captured something real on this one and it feels like a momentum shift for the industry right now. Guarantee there'll be a lot of people tryna ignore this one. Can't deny the influence of the sound, that ain't some generic beat. Ya'll can hear the influence of a culture in there and the content of the lyrics marry that shit together with fuckin' beauty. Keep killin' em' from the top, Lotus!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
kandii on 18/12/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 23 December 2022 12:42:05(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Billy: "Stay strapped like Iron Man" is a quote that I live by. This shit goes HARD but I'm not surprised. You've always been one of the realest and rawest rap acts in the game. In fact, forget rap. Just one of the most sincere and true artists period. Only real ones recognise that and are willing to give you your flowers. Great to see more and more people wake up over the years and get into your stuff. People can try to ignore your statements and talents but one by one, they'll fail. You can't overlook a giant like this. MASSIVE fucking congratulations on getting the #1 spot with this, especially at Christmas. We don't want a big fat old white guy coming down our chimneys, we want BLOOD! Really looking forward to your new album. Big love.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
kandii on 24/12/2022(UTC)