logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 25 July 2022 03:51:16(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

In 2002, MTV's "Backstage Pass" was a chance for viewers to get a closer, more personal look at tours as mtvU broke down the wall between artists and fans. Now, MTV is bringing it's vintage show back to life with the invigorating Hip Hop duo Rum & Coke! From docu-series to docu-soap, Rum & Coke takes on the biggest comeback of a lifetime while trying to survive relationship and family struggles. The cast stars Niña Rumilla Tarantino as "Rum" and Airemese Nicole Smith as "Coke" with many appearances from the tour's openers and celebrity guests. In MTV's Backstage Pass, Rum & Coke steps into their own power and learns the only thing stopping them is them.

TOURING LOCATIONS, DATES & OPENERS (for reference)

*USA / July 25th - October 4th / Rum & Coke, Kara Romeo, Orion & LUXX*
OCEANIA / November 7th - December 20th / Rum & Coke, Miki Lee & Sau'Ron
EUROPE / February 16th - March 22nd / Rum & Coke, Kara Romeo & Liam Russel
ASIA / April 18th - May 23rd / Rum & Coke, Miki Lee & Baby Crush
SOUTH AMERICA / June 21st - July 18th / Rum & Coke, ORION, Fatima Amari
AFRICA / August 22nd - August 31st / Rum & Coke, LUXX, Fatima Amari

*current*

EPISODES

Episode 1: Pilot (airing July 26th, 2022)
Episode 2: TBA
Episode 3: TBA
Episode 4: TBA
Episode 5: TBA

OOC: I've always wanted to do a love & hip hop type of show on here where the music and the drama comes together so this tour's rp thread is going to sort of be formatted like a reality show. Episodes will be written up and posted in this thread. I'll be writing performances in the performance thread and using some of those moments in the episodes as well. Touring artist interactions and/or visiting guests rps will be posted in here too, we'll just say it's airing "LIVE" or something. idk rlly just trying something different

Edited by user 15 May 2023 19:39:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 25/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/07/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 25/07/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 25/07/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/07/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 27/07/2022(UTC), erich hess on 27/07/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2022 08:18:43(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Benito, Rum's oldest living brother, was in the middle of giving the drunkest speech ever to a room full of Tarantino's who all raised their cups to the sky.

"...16 years ago, they tried to annihilate us! They took our beloved Mateo! Our hearts still cry out for him. They shot Luis and his wife Penelope. They ran Tito's car off of the Puente de Bacunayagua Bridge and he still hasn't been found to this day. They set our house on fire while we were sleeping and all of our clubs with it! They THOUGHT we lost everything that night! They THOUGHT they ran us out off of the island! Still, the Tarantino's ROSEEE! Up from the ashes, up in the ranks, and up on the charts! We have blasted past any family that dared to go against us! Our foes are 6 feet deep and we are ALIVE! We are unstoppable! For generations to come, they will know our names and they will respect us! Our legacy will be told all over the world! Our name will put fear in the heart of our enemies..Let us salud to the greatest family to ev-"

Rum sucked her teeth, growing impatient."Damn, long ass speech."

"Shhh." One of her middle brothers, Pablo, elbowed his little sister and snickered.

"Whaaat? He doing the most. Everybody arms hurt."

The big family started to chatter amongst themselves, agreeing with Rum's statement. Benito looked over at Rum like 'I got something for that ass'. He fixed his tie and continued the speech.

"And let us also salud to the best little sister in the world. If it wasn't for you, Rum, I wouldn't have spent 9 years in prison." The room grew silent as Benito drunkenly smirked.

Next thing you know Rum was lunging over the table and trying to choke Benito out with his tie. It took all 8 of her brothers to loosen her grip and as soon as her hands were free Benito and Niña started swinging and kicking at each other in the air while the family carried them away. They both yelled inaudibly while the family pulled them to different sides of the spacious open floor plan.

UserPostedImage

Zorra, their mother, was about to pass out, watching her children fight was too much for her to handle. She cried for them to stop in her sister's arms, one of Rum's aunts holding her close so that she wouldn't faint. Their father Alvaro had watched the chaos unfold while sitting down at the head of his table. He shook his head in disbelief, feeling like he was in a room full of children fighting over the remote. He rose from the table, angrily and looked directly at the production crew who was filming all of the mayhem.

"Deja de filmar! ¡Corten las cámaras! CUT THE CAMERAS! CUT THE [BLEEP] CAMERAS!"

The screen blacks out and Alvaro's voice echoes and fades away.

EPISODE 1: PILOT

The instrumental for Rum & Coke's song, "Q&A", begins to play. This song is a fan favorite from Rum & Coke's third album 'Perks of Fame'.

UserPostedImage

Rum is seen sitting in front of the camera, talking. Her face is beat, hair laid, suit jacket buttoned and she's giving Fashionova meets Corporate America.

"Rum & Coke was the beginning of everything. My family and Coke's family came together to create something bigger than themselves and it's changed our lives. I think when people see us fighting, bickering, or not getting along.. they assume that we hate each other. They think we'll crumble from the inside out and split ways indefinitely. Not gonna happen. We are a real family and there's no escaping that. We are related in so many ways and we'll always need each other's understanding, guidance, and love. The Family will live on. We get into it with each other so much that it's almost like it's a part of the process."

UserPostedImage

Next, you see Coke sitting in front of a camera. Her natural brunette curls are having a moment and the natural beat on her face makes her look youthful. She's wearing a pink Chanel mini jacket and mini skirt set with an expensive bra pulling the outfit together. She begins to speak.

"It comes with the territory." Coke says. "There's dysfunction sometimes but there's a huge organization being ran here. We're all business minded and we work with each other. That keeps The Family alive. We provide for each other, trusting that The Family will always find the resources to support our own." She smiles at the camera. "Now, it's like the meaning of family has grown even bigger for us. Our break from the spotlight made us realize that the beautiful people who buy our music, show up to our concerts, go up for us online and support us in so many ways are a part of this too. We grew up together, we laughed together, we cried together, we lost contact with one another and picked back up where we left off... That makes us a family like no other."

Footage from Rum & Coke's 2017 performance at the 6th Fan Choice Awards begins to play.

UserPostedImage

On the other side of the stage, Rum can be seen laying down on top of a speaker. She brings the microphone to her lips and begins to lazily sing "Vicar of Bray", grooving along to the beat. She slows the song down towards the end, the music slowing down before you hear that "shutting down" effect. All of the lights turn off and during this pause all that can be heard are screams.

Shutting out the world, I'm tired of thinking for myself
If I bask in my success, I'll only realize how much I've failed
If today the world stood against me, I wouldn't stand in the way
Hum The.. Vicar of Bray.. and still.. not... know....my.....place

Coke begins to belt out into the darkness.

Do you believe it?
Do you believe?
Do you believe it?
Oh-oh..

The lights flash back on and blind everyone. Rum & Coke are now standing next to each other doing hard choreo to the live mix blasting through the venue. Both are trained dancers so their moves are precise and fluid. The dance gives new life to the song as it chants the same phrase repeatedly. The live version is much different from the album version, this one having a huge Electronic Hip Hop influence, making it perfect for a small dance break. Both of the girls look fierce as they dance, shooting playful looks at the crowd and cameras.

I never more will falter
Until the times do alter
I never more will falter
Until the times do alter
I never more will falter
Until the times do alter
I never more will falter
Until the times do alter

UserPostedImage

As soon as they complete the choreography for the song, A piano begins to play and a crew of ballet dancers spin over to Rum & Coke, handing both of them microphones and posing, turning into mannequins whole surrounding Rum & Coke. Coke lifts the microphone to her lips and begins to sing her solo song, "Take Charge".

(Repeat after me)
Repeat
(Repeat after me)
Ooh
(Take charge)
Take charge
(Take charge)
Take charge
(I trust ya heart)
You know my heart
(I trust ya heart)
You know my heart

I'm better off alone until I find something to turn into me and cower
Leaving it to be devoured, consumed by ash and dust just like I am inside
-ide
But I
Try to
Light up
Those desires

My walls are burning down
My walls...

While she's singing, the beat to another song titled, "Hold On" can be heard fading in and taking over. As soon as Coke is done, Rum starts rapping to the beat.

Do you see the love in my eyes? Do you see the love in my eyes?
Do you smoke the slow rise and cover up all of the lies?
Do you see the fire inside, the desire to claim what's mine, oops, make you mine
Over influenced by what I'm doing...

UserPostedImage

The rapper tears off her shirt and throws it to the crowd and the beat drops. It reveals a sexy leotard underneath her outfit. The crowd is singing the hook at the top of their lungs. They become a part of the show, the live band playing along to the crowd's voice. Rum & Coke begin to smile widely at all the people who know the words, dancing to the sounds of the fans.

Hold on (tight)
Hold on (tight)
Hold on (tight)
Hold on (tight)
Hold on (tight)
Hold on (tight)
Tighter (tight)
Tighter (tight)

UserPostedImage

The band plays even more passionately as Rum & Coke and the crowd of people start to loudly sing along to the pre-hook of the hit song.

Yes, I've made my bed and I ain't here to mess it up
Now that I'm in your head, I'll say when you've had enough
Been everybody's baby but I think that you've been he-e-e-eld wrong
If I take you for a ride would you ho-o-o-old on?

Yes, I've made my bed and I ain't here to mess it up
Now that I'm in your head, I'll say when you've had enough
Been everybody's baby but I think that you've been he-e-e-eld wrong
If I take you for a ride would you ho-o-o-old on?

Coke's solo track, "Flick Flick Flashing Lights" begins to play as Coke freestyles by herself in the large dance studio. She's surrounded by mirrors and she manages to catch a glimpse of herself in between moves.

UserPostedImage

"That was one of our last performances together! Wow. At the time, we didn't know we'd be away from the stage this long. Before "THE BLIP", when we all vanished off the face of the earth hehe, we were so busy with solo music, so busy writing for artists, producing for artists, developing new talent, and everything in between, we didn't have any time left over to be Rum & Coke. You know, when we first came into the game, we were working our ass off. Rum & Coke already had 4 albums and 2 EPs under our belt."

UserPostedImage

Rum walks into the dance studio while Coke was talking to a camera. "Anniken was working us for real!"

"Oh please, I only worked you guys as hard as you wanted to be worked." Anniken and about 13 staff members walked in behind her.

Coke fake sniffled, "Every night Anniken would throw a pair of six-inch heels at us and say, 'go make my money or else.' We had no choice."

Anniken rolled her eyes. "I wish! When these girls were younger, they refused to perform in heels! I would go to sleep thinking about those ugly sneakers..." Anniken shudders at the thought. "When Rum & Coke don't want something to happen, there's nothing you can do. They're hard-headed but at least they work harder. That's why I keep them."

"Wow, your dad did find this one on the plantation."

Coke stops and stares at Rum.

Rum holds back a laugh.

"Rum, please stop making slavery jokes about my family. It makes us uncomfortable."

"You right, I'm sorry. It was too easy."

"Please." Coke begs.

The voice-over continues.

"Because we had so much work out there, Rum and I badly wanted to identify ourselves outside of the duo. Even Dahlhouse Entertainment wanted to prove to the world that the company was more than just Rum & Coke so we had all agreed to put the duo aside to focus on building our portfolios up."

In just a matter of seconds, the room begins to get busy, with different employees, lights, and stage props filling up the large dance studio. The footage begins to time lapse as different workers can be seen carrying around staple pieces of the dramatic performance outfits. Rum & Coke are seen in different areas of the dance studio, practicing choreography with a team of dancers.

UserPostedImage

"Putting this tour together was the hardest thing we ever had to do!" Claims Rum. "We haven't been on tour since 2013 so there's so many songs we want to perform, so many looks we want to try, so much choreography to learn. Being away from the game for so long was starting to make me feel like a rookie on her first tour all over again. Somewhere down the line, I had to remember: I'm true to this, NOT new to this!"

UserPostedImage

Coke and her close friends Aikya Balan, Poppy Dawn, and Yasmin Kiambang are all hanging out in one of Coke's condos in New York. This condo is very cute, its decor is heavily inspired by the y2k futuristic style and all of the lights have been replaced with pink LED bulbs. There's a huge fish tank that serves as the centerpiece of the room filled will different types of small sea creatures. Coke is known for her love of nature and wildlife so it's no surprise that she makes her pets an important part of her home

UserPostedImage

"Yaz, girl, I don't understand what's going on between you and Allison. You guys have been tight for so long and this weird divorce y'all are having is tearing apart our friend group." Coke is texting away on her phone, shaking her head at the current friend drama. It seems Allison Cooper and Yasmin Kiambang have been falling out with each other over the past few weeks.

"It's stupid. We got into an argument over some songs that I wrote her and gave away...She says I'm gaslighting her and always playing the victim. I honestly did not know I had hurt her so deeply by not taking the situation more seriously." Yasmin frowns. "We've been friends for years, maybe there was a lot that I was overlooking. I don't know, I just wish she could see how much I care for her."

Aikya is currently changing the nail polish color on her dainty toes. "Alli shuts down when she feels betrayed. You're gonna have to acknowledge the way she feels and how you contributed to it, there's no other way to gain her trust back."

Coke nods her head in agreement with Aikya. "Sometimes 'I didn't know' doesn't always cut it in a friendship. We gotta start paying attention to each other more and being there."

"Coke, you're the last person to talk!" Poppy Dawn rolls her eyes playfully and laughs. "Did you forget that you are the busy friend of the group??"

Coke gasps. "You guys think I'm not attentive enough?" She asks with a pout.

"Aw, don't cry because then I'm going to cry!" Yasmin says, with the most adorable look on her face.

"Puh-leeease don't cry!" Aikya giggles.

Poppy Dawn shakes her head. "I'm not trying to say you did anything wrong. I'm trying to say we miss you."

Yasmin nods. "You're going to be on tour for so long. I'm so happy for you but.. also..."

Aikya sighs. "Worried."

Coke smiles at her besties, positioning her body to sit up.

"I miss you guys too. It's going to be hard not getting to see all of my girls in person. I'll call you guys every night, I promise. The last thing I want is for y'all to be worried about me. Besides, this tour is going to be the best thing that ever happened to me!"

She pops up out of her seat with joy, grooving to the music in her head which makes the girls giggle at her and cheer her on a little.

"You already know how performing makes me feel! I sing my cares away and then" Coke begins to sing and do choreo for one of her newer songs, 'Gotta Groove'. "Just keep dancing, keep dancing~woops!" She vocalized. Coke playfully spins after singing the line but then suddenly the phone in her hand slips and flies across the room.

UserPostedImage

Next thing you know, you hear the sound of the phone landing in her huge fish tank and a lot of water wrestling around. The 4 girls watch in shock as all the sea life in Coke's luxurious tank gets electrocuted. Coke's eyes open wide once she realizes what's happening, grabbing her mouth and screaming into her hands. She begins to cry dramatically.

Poppy Dawn closes her eyes and shakes her head in disbelief. "Catch her, catch her, catch her! Oh, Lawd.." She warns the other girls, knowing Coke is about to pass out. Coke falls into Yasmin's hands and Yasmin's not entirely sure what to do but hold her. Aikya Balan starts to fan Coke with her nail file.

"My babies!" Coke shrieks from Yasmin's arms. "CALL MY MOTHER!!"

Edited by user 27 July 2022 09:25:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 27/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/07/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/07/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 27/07/2022(UTC), erich hess on 27/07/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 28/07/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 28 July 2022 04:35:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8625 time(s) in 2703 post(s)
The guys from Orion were stood side-stage as Kara finished up her soundcheck for tonight’s show in Maryland, Kara had been on a few major tours previously but nothing of this scale and magnitude and for Orion this was their first tour since breaking into the industry back in 2020. They had settled into the tour pretty quickly, already having forged a friendly relationship with Rum and Coke over the past few years and although they had never crossed paths with Luxx they seemed to bring a good vibe and energy to the tour party or ‘the family’ as the tour has been dubbed in press releases.
The three guys from Orion can be heard whooping and hollering as Kara walks off towards the side of the stage and pulls out her earplugs, she smiles at her long-time friends and gives them fist bumps and half-hugs;

Kara: Ya’ll are heading up there now? Bring it home, my guys.

Boa: Mama, the fuck you been hitting? Cause’ you’re killing it right now. Can’t get tha fuck away from you.

Kara: Ya girls on her final album, fighting for that new contract.

Boa: They still ain’t talking business wit ya?

Circuit: Tha fuck is wrong with them?

Kara: *Shrugs* Maybe my time is up over there. I’ve made it clear I’m about staying, but they ain’t picking up right now.

Bellows: That’s fucked up. Force their hand … shit’s popping off everywhere else, La Familia, Pesky Kids even Ruff Round is turning up. You’ll be aight, you’ve got that momentum behind you right now.

Kara: Appreciate it boys, don’t leave em’ breathing.

She says with a smirk and quick half-hugs as Orion begin to head onto the stage in front of the empty venue to get their soundcheck in for the evenings performance. Kara heads away from the side stage as she can hear the music start up in the background, passing masses of people backstage working to get the show set up to perfection for tonight’s show. She smiles politely and gives friendly nods as she passes the backstage workers, it was an eye opening experience seeing just how much goes on behind the scenes for a major tour like this.
She headed out a side exit door of the venue and into the parking lot where the tour buses were parked up, state of the art and luxurious, each act had their own bus. She stepped inside of her tour bus briefly and came back out with a red plastic cup, purse, phone and smokes. She lit up a cigarette and found a space in the private parking lot for her to sit and relax, people watching as the show hands continued working to make the event happen smoothly and small talking with people as they came and went.

OOC: Starting off the interactive side of the thread. Feel free to join in, I believe everybody is welcome :)
thanks 3 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 28/07/2022(UTC), kandii on 28/07/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 28/07/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 28 July 2022 23:00:56(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

It has been years since the girl group LUXX had released their #1 debut album. They formed in 2016 and by 2017 their songs were all over US radio. They never thought they would reach the level of success that they did so early in their career and in all honesty, they were not prepared. At the time, the girls were still learning the ins and outs of the business, they were still working on their image and had to adjust their lifestyles to match their new careers. They had quit their day jobs and moved away from their hometowns and to the big city to be closer to their management's office.

5 years have passed now and it seemed like it was finally time for LUXX to reintroduce themselves to the public. They spent most of last year in the studio before Dahlhouse Entertainment announced that a huge urban tour would be taking place soon and that the artists were looking for some big and small names to add to the bid. The girls of LUXX had never gotten the chance to tour before but they worked hard to prove themselves a good fit for the show and now here they are, on the road with some of today's biggest artists.

All of the girls had worked closely with Rum & Coke on their first album and had formed friendships with them over the years. However, they had yet to meet the group ORION or Kara Romeo who were also on the tour. Melanie, Zulika and Poppy Dawn were all hanging outside of their tour bus when Kara Romeo walked to her bus and closed the door. Poppy saw the chance to meet one of her favorite artists and jumped at it, excusing herself from the conversation. She walked over to Kara's bus and knocked lightly.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
PANIC! on 28/07/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 29 July 2022 04:12:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Kara was settled on her bus, taking a few moments to return a couple of messages before things would start getting crazy busy closer to showtime. She heard the knock on her bus, she put down her drink and her phone and headed to the door. She opened the doors and saw Poppy on the other side, she gave a friendly smile. It was the first time they had crossed paths so far but she had admired her group during their brief but successful period around the time they put out their debut record.

Kara: “Hey, Poppy! What’s up?”

She asked in a friendly tone, looking out at the familiar face. She was happy to have the chance to meet Poppy and was sure she’d end up hanging out with the rest of the girls throughout this leg of the tour. The entire touring party was full of unfamiliar faces, stagehands and designers and producers and roadies so it was a nice opportunity for her to spend some time with one of her fellow artists. She knew how crazy things got as showtime edged closer so she embraced the chance to relax a little prior to the show and knew that the after-party’s would be an entirely different vibe too.
Offline 2001clay  
#6 Posted : 29 July 2022 04:25:27(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3572 time(s) in 1279 post(s)
Alexis Brooke head to the venue as she watching Orion doing soundcheck as she cheering for them "Yeah Whoo!" she said as she recording on her phone and luckily she got her VIP pass and she headed up to the stage as she giving them handshake/hugs as she supportive of them
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 29 July 2022 04:40:06(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Kara was settled on her bus, taking a few moments to return a couple of messages before things would start getting crazy busy closer to showtime. She heard the knock on her bus, she put down her drink and her phone and headed to the door. She opened the doors and saw Poppy on the other side, she gave a friendly smile. It was the first time they had crossed paths so far but she had admired her group during their brief but successful period around the time they put out their debut record.

Kara: “Hey, Poppy! What’s up?”

She asked in a friendly tone, looking out at the familiar face. She was happy to have the chance to meet Poppy and was sure she’d end up hanging out with the rest of the girls throughout this leg of the tour. The entire touring party was full of unfamiliar faces, stagehands and designers and producers and roadies so it was a nice opportunity for her to spend some time with one of her fellow artists. She knew how crazy things got as showtime edged closer so she embraced the chance to relax a little prior to the show and knew that the after-party’s would be an entirely different vibe too.

"Karaa! I never got the chance so I just wanted to say hi! It's been so busy around here, I had no idea tour life would be this hectic." She said with a little laugh, resting her hand on her hip. "What you up to?"

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Alexis Brooke head to the venue as she watching Orion doing soundcheck as she cheering for them "Yeah Whoo!" she said as she recording on her phone and luckily she got her VIP pass and she headed up to the stage as she giving them handshake/hugs as she supportive of them

Rum & Coke were currently backstage getting their hair and makeup done. It would be a while before the show started but they found it easier to get ready way earlier. This way, there would be no rush once it was time to make their entrance on stage. They could hear all of the artists doing soundcheck and they knew they were up next. They waited for their stylists to finish their hair and makeup and then made way towards the stage as ORION exited.

OOC: Im on my way to work but I'll be back later tonight.

Edited by user 29 July 2022 04:40:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 29 July 2022 05:05:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Orion are finishing up the rest of their soundcheck when they spot Alexis watching them from the front barrier, lucky fans catching the next five shows will get to witness Alexis come out onstage during their live performance to perform with them on their hit single “Remedy”. As the trio finish up their soundcheck they head over towards the stage exit and meet Alexis there. They all greet her with hugs;

Bellows: “Ya made it out here then, ma”

Circuit: “Kept us waiting though, I don’t hate it. Keeping Boa on his toes ain’t no easy feat”

Although things hadn’t gone public, those closest to them knew of the relationship that had been blossoming between Boa and Alexis, he places his arm around Alexis’ waist and pulls her in to him slightly.

Boa: “Baby, what’s happening? …we gonna catch fire onstage tonight. Can’t wait to see you up there with us.”

Boa says as he looks her in her eyes, it had been pre-arranged that Alexis would join them briefly during the first few shows of the tour but she was unable to be there for the entirety of the tour due to her recording commitments back home. As the trio collect themselves following their soundcheck, they make way for Rum and Coke to head onto the stage for their soundcheck, Bellows catches them with a friendly greeting just as they’re about to head out to test their sound for the performance later this evening.

Kara smiles at Poppy as she introduces herself, she had the exact same thought process when seeing just how relentless the days were, it seemed that the high following the show each night was the only brief respite, the opportunity to party a little and let go. The pre-show build was full of preparations that made it tricky during the early stages of the tour for anyone to truly take the time to hang out, she happily steps aside slightly as if to welcome Poppy on to her bus;

“Girl, it’s been fucking crazy so far. I think the most in-depth conversations I’ve had have been with the rigging guys building the sets.” She laughs, “So good to finally get the chance to meet you. You wanna hang out inside for a while?” she asks, again stepping further aside to welcome Poppy in. “I’m just waiting for hair and makeup to call me in, enjoying some downtime.” She says, heading further down the bus to her living quarters, she makes some space for Poppy to sit. “How you coping with all this? I haven’t heard too much from you guys recently” she asks, she knew what it was like to need the time to disappear and how crazy this world tended to seem when you had been away for a while.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 29/07/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 29 July 2022 18:47:48(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"Im cryinnng, tell me why the set hands are some of the chillest people on this tour? We snuck off and rolled a jay with one of them our first night here!" Poppy steps inside of Kara's bus and looks around a bit. "Woww, okayyy this is suped up, real nice." She comments as she sits down. "We're just happy to be here, honestly. It's gonna take some getting used to but I wouldn't dare complain. What about you, tour life treating you well so far?"

Edited by user 29 July 2022 18:48:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 30 July 2022 17:29:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Kara laughs at the same revelation that the guys working on the sets are down to hang, “Honestly, they’re a whole damn vibe.” She says with a shake of her head, “I didn’t know ya’ll were lighting up as a group, I needa get some of that action. I’ve been hitting it on my own in my damn bus.” She laughs again, “And I know for sure Orion are keeping the good shit on their bus too. We gotta turn that shit into a group thing. We’ll call it a post-show turn up”

She takes a quick glance around her bus, she had made it feel like home on the road. Mixing elements of hippy and gritty that has always been her vibe, “Waiting too fuckin’ long to get back out on the road, for sure.” She says in agreement with Poppy that she wouldn’t complain, “Honestly, it’s giving life for me right now. I like to be on the move, ya know? New York is always fuckin’ busy, but ya gotta get out of it sometimes.” She grabs a couple of tumbler glasses from the shelf and opens a drinks cabinet, “You feeling it? What’s your poison?” she asks, stepping to the side to show the range of drinks on offer.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
kandii on 01/08/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 30 December 2022 06:24:20(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“Boa” wanders across the parking lot towards the luxurious tour bus that unmistakably belongs to “Rum”. He places his hand in his pocket and takes out his phone, switching it to Airplane mode before sliding it into the pockets of his trousers. He’s dressed pretty smart for the upcoming press junket, dark blue trousers, white shirt with the top few buttons undone. It had been a busy tour so far and it was coming towards the end of the run for “Orion”, they’re set to re-join the tour in the new year but for now it would be time for the trio to step away from the touring schedule, which meant stepping away from the connections they had made with all of the acts that were part of this huge event in support of “Rum & Coke”.

“Boa” in particular had become fast friends with “Rum” during the early stages of the tour and the two had grown a very strong friendship throughout, he respected her brash attitude and the fact that she was so genuine. He also admired the amount of effort and talent that both “Rum” and “Coke” had shown throughout the tour, how they had their say in every tiny detail of the tour and how they balanced the various busy aspects of their lives. They truly lived up to their reputation as ‘female bosses’ and that sense of authority and single mindedness when it came to decision making is something that he was hoping to develop into his own career be it in music or in the outside business aspect.

He knocked on the tour bus door and waited for a few moments outside, various people were hustling around the venue to get everything ready for one of the final shows of this leg of the tour. Just a few more nights and everything would be over, for the time being at least.
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 30 December 2022 06:58:32(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Already, the tour was a huge success but for Rum & Coke, it was far from over. They were scheduled to be touring until fall of 2023 and it had felt so far away. Neither Rum or Coke had been on a tour this large in years and the hectic schedule was really starting to take a toll on them as they neared the end of the first leg. Once they finished up the last few shows in the North American leg of the tour, there would only be about a month of "rest" for the duo before they would have to be shipped back on the road for their Oceania leg.

Niña was looking forward to having the next month to herself but until then, she took every chance she could to lock herself away on her tour bus and get a break. Nothing could top the feeling she got when on stage performing in front of thousands of people who adored her and knew every word to almost every song she's written....except maybe rolling a blunt and hotboxing in her very own tour bus with the AC blasting. She was laid out on a few of the comfy seats near the entrance to the bus puffing away when she heard a knock on the door. She stood up slowly, careful not to give herself a headache by getting up too fast and took a few steps towards the door to open it.

"Jadyn!" She said, lighting up with a smile when she saw one of her favorite tour mates had come to visit her. The two had become close on the tour and so it felt more comfortable for them to drop the stage names and address each other like good friends would. "You came at the right time, my guy, I just rolled a fat one. Come innn." Niña handed him the blunt in her hand and walked over to her phone, turning on a nice playlist since it was connected to the tour bus's Bluetooth speakers.

Edited by user 30 December 2022 06:59:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 30 December 2022 07:48:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

The smell was immediate as Niña opened the door, it was familiar and comforting to him all at once. He smiled warmly at her as she greeted him and handed him the blunt. They had bonded throughout the tour and their immediate post-show routine had regularly centred itself on these smoking sessions. To come from the unparalleled high of being onstage to the tour bus life wasn’t always an easy transition, but this occasional routine had helped Jadyn with finding the transitional balance.

He made his way up the steps and into the tour bus, it was as homely as it could possibly be for a tour bus. “Man, you know us blood hounds. We hunt that shit out.” He says with a smirk as he took a couple of drags of the blunt and passed it back over to Niña.
He waited for her to sit first before he sat down beside her, he nodded appreciatively to the music she had just put on. “Still fuckin’ crazy out there. Ya hear that?” He laughs as if it were the first night of the tour again, “They out there wildin’ for you, Niña”

It’s true that it had been a great time on the road and he was ready to keep it going, but he’d have to wait to return to the tour later next year. Tensions had been running high towards the end of the tour for the group, it’s been a blessing that he had found a sounding board in the form of Niña during this period.
Offline kandii  
#14 Posted : 30 December 2022 08:20:44(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Niña laughed as she grabbed the blunt and took another hit. "I know that's right!" She said, walking back over to the couch. She hit the blunt again as they sat down together, ashing it on the ashtray sitting on the window behind them. "Shiiit, they need to go home!" Nina joked. "I'm tirrred, I just want to go to sleep in a fluffy five-star bed and wake up to room service." She passed the blunt back over to her friend, nodding her head along to the music playing.

"Everything been okay?" She asked, knowing all about the impending drama on the tour. As busy as everyone is, they all still found time to gossip and stir the pot. It's what kept the crew from getting bored and going crazy.
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 30 December 2022 16:00:42(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jadyn listens again and can still hear them screaming from behind the gates, he laughs a little and shakes his head, “ I don’t think they’re going home anytime soon”. He takes another hit of the blunt, “Ya’ll go pretty hard on the road.” He says, alluding to the crazy amount of dates still left to go on the rest of their world tour, “If I read any shit about you losing your mind, I can see why.” He says, taking another hit.

“Man, we good.” He says not totally convincingly, “You know how it is when you spend too much time with the people you work with.” Recent rumours have been indicating drama within the group, so much so to the point where the world thinks “Orion” are about to break up. “We were always gonna be doing our own thing next year.”
He takes another couple hits before passing the blunt back over to Niña, He thinks for a moment before asking advice, “How did you deal with that shit when you and your sis went it alone?” He shakes his head, “I think I need a lawyer or a manager or some shit.”
Offline kandii  
#16 Posted : 30 December 2022 19:03:43(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Niña chuckles when Jadyn brings up how long the tour is. "Chile, you know Coke and I have ran off on our team so many times. This industry will work you to death if you let 'em, that's why we've never been scared to say fuck it and leave without a word. This tour is long overdue and ain't no telling when we'll commit to another tour again so they're trying to get everything they can out of us. It's a lot but I've taken enough time off...and shiiiit, the way them checks looking! Ima complain but Ima get my ass up on that stage, ya feel me?" She laughed at that last part but it was absolutely true. This was a huge tour and just taking a look at the numbers it's grossing is motivation enough. One of Rum & Coke's biggest requests when putting the tour together was to make sure that everyone involved got paid well above industry standard. Rum & Coke are known for breaking bread with all of their friends and associates and since this tour was projected to make a lot of money, they wanted to make sure the profits were spread generously.

When Boa passes the blunt back to Niña, she begins to smoke again. "Shiit, you preaching to the choir." She says, relating to him completely. She's been apart of a duo for a long time so she had a good idea of what he was going through. Niña listened sincerely as Jadyn vented a little. She took a big hit of the blunt before answering the question. "You know, I didn't really want to go solo at first, Coke wanted to because she felt like she wasn't getting enough attention in the group. I felt like if the people fucking with Rum & Coke, they fucking with both of us! But I guess since I had gotten in so much trouble when we first got on the scene, people grew to love me faster than they did her. I didn't see it at the time, I wasn't as considerate of her feelings back then." Niña paused to take another quick hit and then passed the blunt back to Boa. "Rum & Coke was signed to Tric-Jam but next thing I know she signed a new deal under Studio 60 directly. I felt like she betrayed me and I'm sure she felt the same. So we both started to move different. We moved out of the place we shared and got our own teams. We started going to the studio alone...signing brand deals alone...getting features alone...then of course she dropped a solo EP so I dropped one too! The fuck! Before long, solo albums were in the works and then the fans really started to gas us up. We did some fucked up shit to each other thinking we were in competition but eventually, we overcame the bullshit. It took years, though." She took a deep breath, thinking of all the pointless drama Rum & Coke have had to overcome to get where they are now.

"Look, the shit ain't easy at all. There's gonna be a lot of hurt feelings but if you're gonna do this, make sure you do it right. Don't fall into the traps. Everyone's gonna feel some type of way, even you, but you gotta remember that we here to make money together and if yall can put out triple the records, yall tripling the money!" Niña shrugged and clapped her hands together. "I said all that to say: To carve out your own identity in this game, you're gonna need more than just a manager and a lawyer, you're gonna need your own stylist, your own publicist, your own assistant, your own everything! You need a team of people who are going to do what's best for your career and not just the group, it's the only way."
Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 31 December 2022 04:17:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jadyn laughs when she explains how she deals with touring, “Yeah, the numbers you’re both running up is insane.” He knows from the amount that Orion have been receiving throughout the tour just as support act, “Man, we’re fucked if you’re ever planning to dip halfway through this run.” He said jokingly, knowing that he and his bandmates appreciated being part of this tour as their first real tour since breaking into the industry in 2020.

He listens to Niña intently, knowing a little of her history in terms of the drama between herself and her sister but not really knowing the full details. He felt like he was being pulled in a lot of directions but knew that he wanted to dip his toes into that solo artist world at least for the first half of the next year. He just wasn’t too sure how to truly separate himself from the group, after all their solo deals are all still under the same label as their group deal.
He felt like if he just started releasing his solo work under ‘Tric-Jam’ and ‘Studio60’ it would feel like much of the same, still connected to the others in some way, not truly on his own. He liked the idea that Niña had thrown out there that it would require an entire team, separate from the label in order to get the most out of his solo career.

“I appreciate ya for saying that.” He says respectfully as he considers what she said once more, “If I’m really gonna do this, I’m gonna do this shit right.” He laughs for a minute, “Gotta make sure I don’t get involved with some shady fuckers out there. Any suggestions on who to avoid? Or who to consider?” He asks, knowing that she’s been around the industry long enough to have came across some less than legit characters.
Offline kandii  
#18 Posted : 31 December 2022 12:26:47(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"I don't know much about anyone in this business but my people. They always look out for newer artists and they do a lot to uplift Hip Hop in a Pop dominated industry. If you're interested, I could always tell them to give you a call." Niña says, offering her help. She knew her manager Anniken was always looking for fresh new talent and Boa would be a great addition to the Dahlhouse family. "Even if you don't want to settle in there, they can still point you in the right direction so you can find the right people." She smiled at her friend. "Either way it goes, you got this, Jadyn. You're going to make one hell of a name for yourself. Anything you need, Coke and I are here for you. That goes for the boys too. I know we're closer but they can come to me any time, I got love for all of yall."

Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 31 December 2022 18:38:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jadyn nodded as Niña mentioned her own people, he was aware of Anniken and how much she had done for the industry but more notably the hip-hop scene, he had worked closely with Kara Romero and seen how working alongside ‘Dahlhouse’ had transformed her career massively. He was also a fan himself of a lot of artists linked to ‘Dahlhouse’, so knew that there must be something in that. “Shit, If you could hook that up, I’d appreciate that.” He thinks for a moment, “Anniken don’t take any shit, from what I’ve heard?” he says with a laugh, “Could use that honesty around me, right now.”

He smiled as she talked about how herself and Coke believed in the group and were happy to help them out if they ever needed it, in a cut-throat industry he had quickly learned to watch his own back but he could tell she was genuine, “I appreciate that, I know the guys appreciate you both too. They a bit pissed right now, but that shit don’t ever last too long. I’ve heard what you’ve said tonight, I’mma swallow my ego and smooth things over with them. Time’s too short to hold grudges” He stands up from the sofa, “I’mma take off, let you unwind.”
Offline kandii  
#20 Posted : 04 January 2023 06:29:30(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"I got you." Niña promised. The blunt in her hand was now a small roach. She extinguished the cherry and placed the roach in the ashtray on the window. "Chile, Anniken's a lot to deal with sometimes." She says, shaking her head with a small chuckle. "Buttt, she's someone worth trusting and that goes a long way out here."

As Jadyn got up, she lifted herself off of the couch so she could walk him out. "Everything's gonna blow over soon, just watch." Niña walked over to the tour bus's door and opened it up for him. "Thanks for stopping by and smoking me out. It's just what I needed to get me ready for a nap! I'll make that call for you soon as I wake up." She smiled.