logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 31 December 2022 19:27:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “DTF” (feat. Younghood)
Artist: Kara Romero
Release Date: December 31, 2022
Format: Digital Download, Streaming, Airplay, 12” Single, CD Single
Recorded: Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Rap, RnB
Length: 4:17
Label: Just Record / Dahlhouse Entertainment
Writer(s): Kara Romero, Younghood
Producer(s): Kara Romero, Younghood, Nevaeh Martinez, Cory Dionne

“DTF” (feat. Younghood) is a song from Spanish-American musician ‘Kara Romero’ and featuring rapper ‘Younghood’. The track marks the latest single from the roll-out of her upcoming sophomore album following on from her previous effort “Hit List” which was released in October 2022 and found itself peaking at number two on the Weekly Airplay Charts. It marks the most productive and successful run of Kara Romero’s career up to this point in a career that has previously been inconsistent at best. The release of “DTF” (feat. Younghood) will see the popular artist move into the final stage of roll-out before the albums release in 2023, in a recent interview, she discussed the roll-out process for the new album, “I’ve always seen myself as a singles artist rather than an album kinda deal. I don’t have that shit in me where I can put out a sixteen track album and put out two singles to support it. If I’m putting out a sixteen track album, that shit is going to see me through a two to three year release cycle. I’ve been around this industry long enough to know to worker smarter than work harder. Ya can’t fuckin’ guarantee the longevity, so for me, it’s about achieving as much as you can in terms of popularity and financial as often as you can. You can’t guarantee anything in this industry so you’ve gotta strike while shit is going good for you and right now, I feel like I’m just riding that wave knowing it can all come crashing down.”

The latest single from the Hip-Hop and RnB artist see’s Kara Romero collaborating with ‘Younghood’ for the first time in her career, something that she’s currently leaning into a little more than previously, having only collaborated with other artists on very rare occasions in the past, with ‘Brayton “Bellows” Carter’ on a remixed version of her 2022 hit, “Signpost”. Originally with ‘Jay-C’ on her 2016 debut album on an album-only track ‘Cold-Hearted Lovers” and then once more on her 2020 protest track “Are We One?” with ‘Jay-C’ alongside ‘Stephanie Fierce’. She has confirmed that she’ll be looking to delve further into collaborations on this next album and future releases and discussed working with ‘Younghood’ on this latest single, “He’s one of the first names that people look to when they’re wanting someone to feature on their track. He’s one of the best in the game, because he knows how to maximise his impact on anything he does. Whether he gets space to work in a six minute track or a three minute track, he knows how to make the most of that time for full impact. We’ve known each other for a while but never close enough to have a meaningful conversation. But we linked up early in this album’s process, so I’ve been sitting on this one for a while. I gave him the concept for the track and he knew where to take it, straight up.
We fucked around with a few beats together and I had my shit pretty much written. We spoke about the idea and theme of the track and you could tell that he’s lived this shit himself, so he knew exactly where to come from in terms of the confidence and attitude needed from his side of things. He vibed on the concept with me for a while, watched me do my thing up in the booth and stepped into it fully prepared. We fucked around with a couple of extra bars and a few alternative versions. But he was a total pro when it came down to the work, he showed up, vibed with the track and delivered what he needed to deliver to make the track work in the most authentic way. It was crazy to watch him work, for real this isn’t a one and done thing.”

The collaboration came at a period of time where ‘Younghood’ was looking to prove himself in the industry, he recently spoke about the collab, “This was actually I song that I didn't think was going to see the light of day, to be honest. I was still very much on the 'I need to prove myself and fuck the world mentality,' so when I got a call from Kara's people they told me "Hey we think you would be great on this single come in and see what you think? So I go into the studio and Kara's tell me what the song is about and what they were shooting and in my mind, I was like 'OH, this straight out of my life right now. This is going to be a slam dunk.' I think for like the next two times we meet up we were just talking about past relationships and booty calls friends with benefits just shooting the shit you know. It didn't really take long to do the verses because it was something that we knew about so well. and it was just a vibe being in that studio and meeting up afterward. We would work on the lyrics and talk about it with like "Did that really happen, who was it with, remember when," Most of the time was really us conversating and I think that what you get in this track was a lot of real shit and I think it really came out as something special. I felt like I was really in my bag and I didn't want her to show me up, so I really got into it.”
He was asked a follow-up question about whether working so closely with Kara on a track of this nature and hanging out away from the studio ever lead to anything, “ It lead to this song? what do you want me to say? I'm not the kind of guy that kisses and then runs to social media like I need to be validated on some sucker shit. Like that might be cool for some people, constantly chasing, always looking for pillow talk, I think that's why this song worked so well and the collab work well because both of us didn't have lofty expectations of each other. Like we knew what we were doing we're both professional. Kara has a good spirit and I consider her a friend. You can just tell when getting around someone and feel their energy to know if you are going to click or not. Are you going to be in tune or are there going to be heads clashing?”

The track was written by Kara Romero and Younghood and produced by Kara, Younghood, Nevaeh Martinez and Cory Dionne. The addition of Nevaeh Martinez and Cory Dionne as producers appears to be continuing throughout her album roll-out, it’s a combination that has currently served well with her previous two singles being produced alongside the duo and bringing two top two singles positions for the tracks. The track was produced at Basement Studios in Brooklyn, New York where Kara chooses to record the majority of her work throughout her career. The single is set to be released on December 31, 2022 through Just Record and Dahlhouse Entertainment. The single will be made available via Digital Download, Worldwide Streaming, Weekly Airplay, 12” Single and as a CD Single.

Song Description;

The song begins with a strong drum beat and electronic sound, giving an almost trap sounding intro to the song but with the emphasis fully on the drums rather than the mixing board produced electronic backbeat. The vibe of the track immediately feels more energetic than a lot of Kara’s previous work and feels like it wouldn’t be out of place in a nightclub as she steps up to the microphone to deliver the opening verse, mixing her soulful voice with the fast-paced old-school hip-hop vibes that she’s showcased throughout 2022, “You know how it goes/The days are long and the hustle takes it's toll/Some nights we all just need a little of that sweet relief/Not about deep connections/It's about that feeling between the sheets/Yo, I been independent as fuck/For as long as I can tell/Never been one to fall in love/But you know I keep coming back around like a motherfucking carousel/We both got a nice arrangement together/No talking, just fuckin'/This situation works out so much better/Bout that DTF life lovin'” and it’s obvious from the opening verse where the theme of the song will likely be going, it’s very much drenched in the no commitment mentality that is popular in modern day society.

Following the opening verse, we’re immediately sent into the songs chorus that serves to drive home the theme and tone of the song, it’s a catchy break between verses and basically spells the song out to the listener in a not so subtle manner as Kara switches to a more vocally driven RnB delivery as she sings the songs chorus, an element to her vocal ability that she has used sparingly throughout her career, preferring at the moment to drive down the rap route as opposed to the RnB path that could certainly be a future option. She sings with confidence, proving a catchy singalong chorus to her audience, “We both know how this goes/Got them safety numbers in our phones/Hit em' up when you're feeling low/Midnight texts, “you still up”/Baby yes/Down to fuck.”

The beat continues to progress, moving and weaving in tempo. Seamlessly switching up pace and helping the transition from elemental RnB sounding to setting the table perfectly for Younghood to step up to the microphone and deliver his opening verse, “Yo, you know what it is when I come by/I’m not for the small talk, no time for you to be shy/I’m not that guy to be doing the roses and candles light/I got a couple of hours to kill so let’s get it right/When your phone lights up and you see the text/Don’t act confused, like you don’t know what’s next/All kinds of hours, I’m looking for fun/Let's go crazy, go at it until we see the morning sun/Don’t cook for me, Don’t hold my hand/This isn’t deep and I’m not your man/I rather pull your hair and have you bite your lip/Have you considered about getting that pink slip/Running late to work, you need to tighten up/You seeing someone, you better lighten up/Still blowing up my phone, cause he not working/Tag me in, let’s put this in motion.” and we’re given the male perspective from the song, as he emphasizes the importance of keeping things clear and making sure there’s no confusion on what the situation is.

The songs chorus comes in once more, Kara switching it up again by singing out the chorus, in a beautiful soulful tone despite the songs on the nose lyrics. She then seamlessly transitions into her second verse of the track, again moving back into her hip-hop vibe, “We got an understanding an arrangement if you will/That our lifestyle takes us to places/So we paper over the cracks that a relationship can never fill/We're still young enough/To fuck around like we're new to this/Stay in bed all day till we both bruise and ache/Stamina on fire/Man, that tongue do magic shit/Don't need no direction/So damn familiar with the spot you just keep hittin' it/I already came twice/I know you ain't quitting this/Baby keep it in/Don't get apologetic/I like it when the game runs long/On that over-time shit/We professional.” again emphasizing the basis of the relationship and making sure there are no crossed wires from the female perspective. Highlighting a relationship that is purely based on passion and very much non-committal.

She’s quickly followed by Younghood, with his final verse of the track and surprisingly he’s given the final moments of the song with the exception of the chorus. A brave move for an artist allowing the lasting moments to go to her featured artist, but one that works in tying up the content of the track, “Game time, Pointing to my wrist/“You don’t have a shot,” they say/Yet rarely do I miss on any given day/I can bag anyone, so why tie down/Girl you’re bad, don’t let them hold you down/They all have inner freaks, just under lock and key/If they around me, I will set them free/I’m here to fuck then keep it moving/This is art form, I need to keep improving/“I take your bitch” Oh, be my guest/We’ll take turns, see who really impress/All shapes and all sizes, come one come all/It’s a battle royal style, let’s see who stands tall.” which once more highlights the nature of the casual hook-up mentality, treating it like a sport in some cases. Working on your game and constantly improving being the lasting impression from the track before the songs chorus see’s the song come to a close.

“DTF” (feat. Younghood)
Written by Kara Romero, Younghood
Produced by Kara Romero, Younghood, Nevaeh Martinez, Cory Dionne

(Kara Romero)
“You know how it goes
The days are long and the hustle takes it's toll
Some nights we all just need a little of that sweet relief
Not about deep connections
It's about that feeling between the sheets
Yo, I been independent as fuck
For as long as I can tell
Never been one to fall in love
But you know I keep coming back around like a motherfucking carousel
We both got a nice arrangement together
No talking, just fuckin'
This situation works out so much better
Bout that DTF life lovin'

We both know how this goes
Got them safety numbers in our phones
Hit em' up when you're feeling low
Midnight texts, “you still up”
Baby yes
Down to fuck

{Younghood}
Yo, you know what it is when I come by
I’m not for the small talk, no time for you to be shy
I’m not that guy to be doing the roses and candles light
I got a couple of hours to kill so let’s get it right
When your phone lights up and you see the text
Don’t act confused, like you don’t know what’s next
All kinds of hours, I’m looking for fun
Let's go crazy, go at it until we see the morning sun
Don’t cook for me, Don’t hold my hand
This isn’t deep and I’m not your man
I rather pull your hair and have you bite your lip
Have you considered about getting that pink slip
Running late to work, you need to tighten up
You seeing someone, you better lighten up
Still blowing up my phone, cause he not working
Tag me in, let’s put this in motion

Baby yes
Down to fuck

(Kara Romero)
We got an understanding an arrangement if you will
That our lifestyle takes us to places
So we paper over the cracks that a relationship can never fill
We're still young enough
To fuck around like we're new to this
Stay in bed all day till we both bruise and ache
Stamina on fire
Man, that tongue do magic shit
Don't need no direction
So damn familiar with the spot you just keep hittin' it
I already came twice
I know you ain't quitting this
Baby keep it in
Don't get apologetic
I like it when the game runs long
On that over-time shit
We professional

{Younghood}
Game time, Pointing to my wrist
“You don’t have a shot,” they say
yet rarely do I miss on any given day
I can bag anyone, so why tie down
Girl you’re bad, don’t let them hold you down
They all have inner freaks, just under lock and key
If they around me, I will set them free
I’m here to fuck then keep it moving
This is art form, I need to keep improving
“I take your bitch” Oh, be my guest
We’ll take turns, see who really impress
All shapes and all sizes, come one come all
It’s a battle royal style, lets see who stands tall

Baby yes
Down to fuck”

Sound Alike;

A$AP Rocky – “Fukk Sleep” (feat. FKA Twigs)

Credits & Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced by Kara Romero, Younghood, Nevaeh Martinez, Cory Dionne
Engineered by Cory Dionne
Mixed by Nevaeh Martinez, Cory Dionne
Recorded at Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, USA

PERSONNEL

Kara Romero – vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Younghood – vocals, lyrics, production
Ignacio Santos – piano, bass, composition
Augustine Francis – drums, percussion, programming
Nevaeh Martinez – production, mixing
Cory Dionne – production, mixing, engineering
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
kandii on 31/12/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 31/12/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/01/2023(UTC), freestylechamp on 01/01/2023(UTC), Welat65 on 01/01/2023(UTC), erich hess on 02/01/2023(UTC), PANIC! on 02/01/2023(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/01/2023(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 02 January 2023 03:56:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Billy: I want to fuck to this song. Mission accomplished. Sex driven songs often run the risk of coming across as corny and desperate but this is fucking HOT. Helps that there's a real chemistry between the pair of you. Can tell that this was something that was well crafted and intricately woven together, not a regular copy and paste, "send me a verse" job. Also love how honest and direct the song is; let's fuck and nothing more. Loads of people either experience or secretly want that and I like that you both went there on the track unashamedly. Another fucking epic job as usual!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 02/01/2023(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 02 January 2023 05:09:33(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra: Oh that's hot! The clubs are not ready for this one!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 02/01/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 07 January 2023 18:05:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: I want to fuck to this song. Mission accomplished. Sex driven songs often run the risk of coming across as corny and desperate but this is fucking HOT. Helps that there's a real chemistry between the pair of you. Can tell that this was something that was well crafted and intricately woven together, not a regular copy and paste, "send me a verse" job. Also love how honest and direct the song is; let's fuck and nothing more. Loads of people either experience or secretly want that and I like that you both went there on the track unashamedly. Another fucking epic job as usual!

Kara: Man, that's the exact reaction we were hoping for with this track. There's always been a chemistry between us over the years but for some reason we've just never gotten around to working together. This was a completely collaborative effort, he brought ideas to the table just as much as the rest of us working on the track. For real, the theme is one that we both related to on a deep level so it felt very true to us!
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 07 January 2023 18:06:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
Ezra: Oh that's hot! The clubs are not ready for this one!

Kara: Appreciate it, get nasty to it!
Offline 2001clay  
#6 Posted : 07 January 2023 18:07:22(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Keshia Love: Ya girl is been jammming to this shit and i love this track girl!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 07/01/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 07 January 2023 18:13:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Keshia Love: Ya girl is been jammming to this shit and i love this track girl!

Kara: Thanks Queen, love your work too! We should connect sometime! x
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 07/01/2023(UTC)