logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 22 January 2023 18:27:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Twenty-Four Seven” (feat. Drew Westbrook)
Artist: Kara Romero
Release Date: January 22, 2023
Format: Digital Download, Streaming, Airplay, 12” Single, CD Single
Recorded: Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Rap, RnB
Length: 4:53
Label: Just Record / Dahlhouse Entertainment
Writer(s): Kara Romero, Drew Westbrook
Producer(s): Kara Romero, Drew Westbrook, Brayton Carter, Jadyn Ghalen, Jamal Ghalen

“Twenty-Four Seven” (feat. Drew Westbrook) is a song from Spanish-American musician ‘Kara Romero’ and featuring ‘Drew Westbrook’. The release of this latest single from Kara see’s another quick turn-around in releases as she continues to build toward the release of her sophomore studio album which is eventually expected to be released in 2023 follow years of delays. The release of “Twenty-Four Seven” (feat. Drew Westbrook) follows on the heels of her previous single “DTF” (feat. Younghood) which was released on December 31, 2022 and debuted at number two on the Airplay Charts, marking her fourth single from her upcoming album to peak within the top two of the singles chart, suggesting a change in fortunes for the artist who had always previously struggled for mainstream chart success until this current era for Kara. It also marks a change in pace for Kara in terms of collaborations, with it being the first time she has released back to back singles featuring another artist, having previously very rarely collaborated on her music, she discussed this recent change in mindset prior to the singles release, “I’ve always stayed clear of collabs but recently I’ve become more and more open to the idea. Those fresh ideas coming into the studio helps with the creative process and if it’s done right, I think it can be a great thing. I think the longer I’m around this industry the more importance I place on the connections with my peers and contemporaries. It would be a big mistake not to reach out in that way. Maybe now, I feel like I’ve earnt enough cache to be able to call some of these people and ask work with them on that level.”

The latest single see’s Kara continuing to move into a more open dialogue with her work, embracing the more expressive side to her nature, something that she had only ever hinted at prior to working on her latest album, “Anybody that knows me will use words like ‘free spirit’ and all that shit, that’s the way that I’ve always been. But I’ve only recently become open to the idea of saying so much in my songs and being as vivid with my words. I was sixteen when I debuted in the industry and I saw how you can be scrutinised for things so easily. I was sixteen and I was in the music industry, like you grow up real fuckin’ quick and you find yourself experiencing things that other people at that age probably don’t. I would have been shamed out of the industry at that time if I was writing songs about the shit that we were all doing backstage and on tour and at parties. So I shied away from keeping that lifestyle away from my writing. I feel like writing more honestly now at 26, I know that I can handle that intrusion and questions over the things that I write about. Back then, honesty would have probably killed my career completely.” she continued, “And now, there’s some talk about these songs being sexual. But really, I feel like it’s more of a liberation than writing something explicit just for the attention. The fact that I’m at this place in my career where I’m able to truly be myself in front of the world for the first time in my entire life, that’s a beautiful thing to me and it feels like a more much more and honest industry than it was back in 2012.”

The track was written by Kara Romero and Drew Westbrook and produced by Kara, Drew Westbrook and the three members of Orion. The track was produced at Basement Studios in Brooklyn, New York where Kara chooses to record the majority of her work throughout her career. The single is set to be released on January 22, 2023 through Just Record and Dahlhouse Entertainment. The single will be made available via Digital Download, Worldwide Streaming, Weekly Airplay, 12” Single and as a CD Single.

Song Description;

The song begins with a soft dreamy rnb influenced piano sound, with a rhythmic drumming backbeat to set the slower pace of the track from the very beginning as Kara opens up the track with a slow paced, sensual RnB vocal delivery, “It’s like every time we fight, we always seem to fuck better/It’s good to know the passion’s still there/Baby you know that I’ll let ya/It hasn’t always been so easy for us/But we make it through/Always had our share of fights, turning out the bedroom lights/No talking or fist throwing/We always throw it down in bed/Your tongue does the apologizing/Making up and giving head/We’re both just as fucked up as each other/I think we fuck so rough/Cause we like our names screamed back at us/Feed the ego/It’s never enough.” as she sings about the passion within a relationship, her use of her slower and more sensual singing vocal style working well with the theme of the song and the backing music throughout the song, a switch up from her regular rap delivery style.

As the second verse arrives, Drew immediately steps into the track effortlessly, again focussing on the RnB vocal delivery style but as Drew delivers his verse, it’s slightly more faster paced as he picks up where Kara left off, “It's like every time we fight, it's just to make up/Go to sleep mad, grind on me when you wake up/When you act up I know what you really want/Throw you on the bed, fold you up like a croissant/I'm a rich, fit nigga, 8 pack, 8 figures/And if she a figure 8, I gotta keep her in the picture/Always talking trash, I just can't get too mad/Cus when I smack that, I know it got that bounce back.” again focussing on the fallout of a relationship and the eventual make-up, which highlights the tracks entire theme. Towards the end of Drew’s opening verse, the pace of the music increases slightly in anticipation of the tracks chorus.
As the chorus arrives, Kara steps up to the microphone and delivers it, fast paced and assertive which is in keeping with her recognizable rap delivery style which gives the track a brief change of pace, “I love your fuckin’ body/It’s so fuckin’ godly/Feels like heaven/I want you 24/7/I love your fuckin’ body/It’s so fuckin’ godly/Feels like heaven/I want you 24/7.” which gives the song it’s immediate accessibility point, providing a catchy chorus that is crafted to be the sort of chorus to get stuck in the listeners head all day long.

The music slows back down to the pace heard in the opening verse, again the smooth piano sound and soft drumming backbeat providing the entire rhythm of the song in it’s RnB style, Kara adapting her vocal delivery once more to her RnB delivery, “Yeah, I think I prefer you when you’ve got an attitude/You get so cocky, make me wanna fuck you/I’ll take passion over all that safe shit/You can try to be romantic but I just wanna take it/Yeah, I just want it all/Live a life so full/That when we crash and burn/We fucking explode/And babe I know how much you’re into me/Cause I can handle myself/Just like you fuckin’ need/But I like to have help/And you give everything you have to me/And when we come together/We do it so passionately/And when we come together/We do it so passionately.” which continues the theme of the song, it’s vivid imagery being the recent chosen style of Kara’s music.

Which leads to Drew making one final appearance on the track and having the final verse of the song, he almost immediately jumps onto the beat as Kara finishes her verse but the music increases in intensity to match with his sudden fast-paced delivery for the final verse, “If you ain’t gon let me off the hook, please, don't give me that look/Next time you raise your voice I’mma have you screaming 'Brooks/I’mma take you back to class but ain't no timeouts for that ass/Bout to rule ya with my ruler, deep strokes until you pass out/I foam at the mouth, that booty looking round/Them titties never droop, that pussy never drought/You know I go nuts, it's true what they say about them crazies/Keep acting like a child and Ima fill you with some babies.” This is followed by Kara delivering the songs chorus one final time before the music fades out to it’s end.

“Twenty Four Seven” (feat. Drew Westbrook)

Written by Kara Romero, Drew Westbrook
Produced by Kara Romero, Drew Westbrook, Orion

(Kara Romero)
“It’s like every time we fight, we always seem to fuck better
It’s good to know the passion’s still there
Baby you know that I’ll let ya
It hasn’t always been so easy for us
But we make it through
Always had our share of fights, turning out the bedroom lights
No talking or fist throwing
We always throw it down in bed
Your tongue does the apologizing
Making up and giving head
We’re both just as fucked up as each other
I think we fuck so rough
Cause we like our names screamed back at us
Feed the ego
It’s never enough

(Drew Westbrook)
It's like every time we fight, it's just to make up
Go to sleep mad, grind on me when you wake up
When you act up I know what you really want
Throw you on the bed, fold you up like a croissant
I'm a rich, fit nigga, 8 pack, 8 figures
And if she a figure 8, I gotta keep her in the picture
Always talking trash, I just can't get too mad
Cus when I smack that, I know it got that bounce back

I love your fuckin’ body
It’s so fuckin’ godly
Feels like heaven
I want you 24/7
I love your fuckin’ body
It’s so fuckin’ godly
Feels like heaven
I want you 24/7

(Kara Romero)
Yeah, I think I prefer you when you’ve got an attitude
You get so cocky, make me wanna fuck you
I’ll take passion over all that safe shit
You can try to be romantic but I just wanna take it
Yeah, I just want it all
Live a life so full
That when we crash and burn
We fucking explode
And babe I know how much you’re into me
Cause I can handle myself
Just like you fuckin’ need
But I like to have help
And you give everything you have to me
And when we come together
We do it so passionately
And when we come together
We do it so passionately

(Drew Westbrook)
If you ain’t gon let me off the hook, please, don't give me that look
Next time you raise your voice I’mma have you screaming 'Brooks
I’mma take you back to class but ain't no timeouts for that ass
Bout to rule ya with my ruler, deep strokes until you pass out
I foam at the mouth, that booty looking round
Them titties never droop, that pussy never drought
You know I go nuts, it's true what they say about them crazies
Keep acting like a child and Ima fill you with some babies

I love your fuckin’ body
It’s so fuckin’ godly
Feels like heaven
I want you 24/7
I love your fuckin’ body
It’s so fuckin’ godly
Feels like heaven
I want you 24/7”

Sound Alike;

Summer Walker – “Girls Need Love” (feat. Drake)

Credits & Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced by Kara Romero, Drew Westbrook, Brayton Carter, Jadyn Ghalen, Jamal Ghalen
Engineered by Jadyn Ghalen, Brayton Carter
Mixed by Kara Romero, Brayton Carter
Recorded at Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, USA

PERSONNEL

Kara Romero – vocals, lyrics, composition, production, mixing
Drew Westbrook – vocals, lyrics, production
Brayton “Bellows” Carter – production, engineering, mixing
Jadyn Ghalen – production, engineering
Jamal Ghalen – production
Ignacio Santos – piano, bass, composition
Augustine Francis – drums, percussion, programming

Edited by user 22 January 2023 18:40:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 22/01/2023(UTC), erich hess on 23/01/2023(UTC), 2001clay on 23/01/2023(UTC), kandii on 18/06/2023(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 28 January 2023 01:05:10(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Billy: I realllllly shouldn't be fucking with a song that has my brother's boyfriend dropping lyrics like that...but this is HOT. Not just that, but confident as fuck as well. It all just sounds so fluent and natural. Matter-of-fact as opposed to impersonating and pretending. Can really feel the liberation you've experienced during the creative process shine through. Another brilliant track from top to toe. Drew's also alright, I suppose ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 28/01/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2023 02:53:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: I realllllly shouldn't be fucking with a song that has my brother's boyfriend dropping lyrics like that...but this is HOT. Not just that, but confident as fuck as well. It all just sounds so fluent and natural. Matter-of-fact as opposed to impersonating and pretending. Can really feel the liberation you've experienced during the creative process shine through. Another brilliant track from top to toe. Drew's also alright, I suppose ;)

Kara: Man, thank you! With tracks like this, you always hope that it sounds and feels natural. Especially a track like this with Drew, where everybody knows his status right now. But it felt honest and real enough when we were recording this in the studio, so I'm glad that it translates to the release. Liberation is definitely the word for this record. Appreciate the love as always, the support has been crazy up to this point!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/01/2023(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 20 June 2023 13:04:49(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Dae Ho Park: I still play this song a lot, I just think it's the perfect Hip Hop R&B song. It really captures that feeling of lust and it plays so well on the sex appeal that you both have. It's not hard to see why this was such a smash hit!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 20/06/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 21 June 2023 04:44:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Dae Ho Park: I still play this song a lot, I just think it's the perfect Hip Hop R&B song. It really captures that feeling of lust and it plays so well on the sex appeal that you both have. It's not hard to see why this was such a smash hit!

Kara: Thank you Dae, I feel like we hit on something magic when we put this track together. Forever appreciative of Drew for taking the chance on me, I feel like his faith has been repaid in those residuals that keep coming, not that he needed it!