logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

57 Pages«<555657
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1121 Posted : 04 September 2024 01:24:39(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8696 time(s) in 2731 post(s)
Jack laughs a little as Cerys shows her excitement, "I'm from the North, of course I'm into The Jam." he says almost nonchalantly. He listened as she ran through the finer details of the gig. "Exactly. If that works for you lot, then yeah I can't wait to start writing that duet. I'll send something over to you as soon as I've figured it out."
Offline Head South Records  
#1122 Posted : 06 September 2024 01:53:46(UTC)
Head South Records

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 168 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Cerys grinned, though Jack couldn’t see it. “That’s perfect, Jack. Seriously, I’m so excited about this.” There was a brief pause before she added, “We’ll keep in touch and sort everything for the gig, yeah? Speak soon,” Cerys said, and with that, they both hung up.
Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Little Minx | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers | Scream Team | Safiya Afolayan| Eireann Flannery | Harlow Reed | Hana Rahman
#1123 Posted : 20 September 2024 01:39:35(UTC)
Head South Records

Ben Rodini wasn't one for fanboying. At least not openly.

He'd spent the last year working for Head South, as Artistic Director... a year full of long hours, missed holidays, and too many coffees. But he loved it.

Rodini had always believed that art was a bit like a jigsaw puzzle—you have all these pieces, some jagged, some smooth, and it's your job to find how they fit together.

One year in, and the label was already doing better than anyone had predicted. It wasn't a major label, but it didn’t need to be. Voodoo Dolls, Jack Dunn, Jugendstil ... the roster had a great combination of talents and potential.

But there was one artist, that kept him up at night. A wildcard in the deck, that Rodini couldn’t stop thinking about.a kind of raw, untamed brilliance, but Rodini felt some kind of distress in this artist, as well. She needed guidance, more than the others, and that’s where Rodini came in. It wasn’t just business; it was personal. If she could pull it together, she could be something extraordinary. And it was his job to make sure she got there.

But to get her project where it needed someone who could pull out the melodies buried under her emotions.

That’s where Christopher Hudson came in. The name had come up before, in passing, when his protégé was rattling off a list of her influences. The guy was notorious, not just for his talent, but also for his leaked demos.

Rodini had recently come across an interview where Hudson was mentioned again, and something clicked. Maybe, just maybe, Hudson could be the missing piece.

So Rodini did what he did best...he started calling. A few calls to industry contacts, and eventually, he had it: Hudson’s number.

He picked up the phone, dialed, and waited.
Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Little Minx | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers | Scream Team | Safiya Afolayan| Eireann Flannery | Harlow Reed | Hana Rahman
Offline BrownSugar  
#1124 Posted : 23 September 2024 15:27:07(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19309 time(s) in 7688 post(s)
Christopher sits at his bedroom computer, the lights dimmed to provide just enough brightness to illuminate a wet, autumnal evening. With his reading glasses on and armed with a black coffee, Christopher is in true work mode. Pro Tools are pulled up on screen and he's fine tuning yet another demo, ready to add on some extra ad-libs with his new microphone plugged in. It's all very makeshift for now but it'll suffice until he's next in a proper studio setting. As he takes a sip of his coffee, his work phone lights up and begins to vibrate on the desk. An unknown number. Still, he doesn't think much of it as this is his professional phone. New contacts and offers come in almost daily. Celebrities are also notorious for changing their numbers. He places his cup down and switches it out for the phone.

"Hello? Christopher speaking. Who may I say is calling?" Even though this could be a friend calling from a new number, Christopher always tries his best to sound as professional as possible whilst using this device. First impressions count.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

#1125 Posted : 24 September 2024 14:44:02(UTC)
Head South Records

Ben Rodini blinked, almost surprised to hear him on the other end. Somehow, he hadn’t expected Hudson to actually pick up. But now that he had, Rodini realized just how important this call was.

"Uh, yes—hello. Am I speaking to Christopher Hudson?" Rodini’s voice stumbled, just for a second. Then he steadied himself. "My name is Ben Rodini. I run Head South Records. I’m not sure if you’ve heard of us?"

There was a brief pause. Rodini felt the silence stretching, his nerves tightening. But before he could fill the gap, he pushed forward, shifting to a more confident, friendly tone.

"I really hope I’m not disturbing you," he continued. "The reason I’m calling is...I’ve got an artist on our roster, someone really talented, and I think your expertise as a songwriter could be exactly what she needs. I’d love to discuss a potential collaboration. Do you think you’d be available?"

The line went quiet again, Ben waiting for Hudson’s response.

Our Roster :
Offline BrownSugar  
#1126 Posted : 25 September 2024 14:04:51(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19309 time(s) in 7688 post(s)
"Yeah, this is Mr. Hudson." Christopher begins while closing and pausing different applications on his computer screen so that the caller has his full attention. At the mention of Head South Records, he immediately feels more at ease. While he doesn't know too much about the company, at least he knows it's legit. The amount of scammers and timewasters who contact him is ridiculous. "Ah, yeah. I've heard of your label. It's nice to speak with you, Ben. How can I help you?"

Christopher takes a sip of his coffee and lets out a soft chuckle upon hearing that Ben feels worried that he's disturbing him. Not everyone is as courteous and polite. "Oh, it's not a problem. Not a problem at all!". Christopher sits tight and listens to what Ben has to say. After hearing the proposition, his heart sinks a little. While he's always eager to create music and collaborate with all sorts of people, these are the sort of sessions that have stung him in the past - especially when a new artist is involved. That's when everybody starts overanalysing and creating absurd, unattainable standards for the launching pad.

Still intrigued but not wanting to say 'yes' right from the jump, Christopher pushes forward a little. "Thanks for having me in mind and reaching out to me. I really appreciate it, man. Uh, could you tell me a little bit more about this artist? Possibly what you or they have in mind?". Christopher takes another small sip from his cup, anticipating the response. He really hopes it's not a list of crazy demands.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

#1127 Posted : 26 September 2024 14:57:01(UTC)
Head South Records

Ben cleared his throat, feeling the weight of the conversation. "Well, there’s little to no chance you’ve heard of her yet. We signed a young artist a few months ago. Her name’s Harlow Reed. She started to get noticed on social media." He paused, as if gathering his thoughts, trying to figure out the best way to introduce her.

"Where to start?" Ben muttered, half to himself. "She’s a very talented artist… She’s got the voice, and she’s not afraid of hard work. We have a lot of hope in her. But, uh, I worry for her. Personally, I mean."

After a short pause, Ben continued.

"Harlow’s young. She’s far from us...she lives out in Brisbane. And, well, she’s one of those kids who really suffered during the COVID lockdowns. Like a lot of her generation, she’s still trying to make sense of the world."

Ben paused again, the line quiet except for the distant sound of Hudson shifting on the other end.

"For Head South," Ben continued, "she’s like a kid living on the other side of the planet, someone we worry about. We’re happy with her first demos, but I care about her psychological well-being. I think she needs some guidance. I know she’s a fan of your work—especially some of the songs that, uh, leaked online... sorry to bring that up."

He winced slightly at the mention of the leaks, but Hudson didn’t react, so he pushed forward.

"She’s working on her debut album right now. Her themes are heavy: depression, isolation, anxiety, the environment, existential stuff. Musically, you can picture her in an alternative pop landscape, with some grunge and electronic influences.

He let that image hang in the air for a moment before going on.

"We thought working with you could help her find her own path. I was thinking... would you be interested in writing a track for her?"

For a long moment, there was only silence on the other end of the line.

Edited by user 27 September 2024 04:51:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :